PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it?

Wyndham
Oct 7, 2005, 06:38 PM
i need a job pretty badly, and im finally gonna apply at the local cafe on monday (i was too sick to go recently), but if i cant get a job there, i think ill be stuck working at a subway resteraunt.
my older brother worked there, and hated it, but im desperate.
does anyone here work in "fast food"?
because im a bit nervous about getting a job where id be working with people.
i usually work in origami assignments (i did the decorations for the conference in charlotte of all the Greek Orthodox churches in the southeast area. 700 pieces.), and im sorry about bringing this up yet again, but its not a whining topic i typed in idiocy.

geewj
Oct 7, 2005, 06:47 PM
If you want to get a job but you only apply to two places then don't expect to get a job.

But yeah, fast food in general kind of sucks, but that's the way it goes. Builds character though. Everyone should work it at least once in thier life.

Wyndham
Oct 7, 2005, 06:53 PM
On 2005-10-07 16:47, Prof_Frink wrote:
If you want to get a job but you only apply to two places then don't expect to get a job.

subway is desperate for employees, and not many places are hiring people under 18.
i forgot to mention.
i could look on the other side of town if all else fails, but its a half-hour walk.

ABDUR101
Oct 7, 2005, 06:56 PM
When looking for a job, one must ask themselves, "How desperate am I?"

If you want the money bad enough, it won't really matter.

Wyndham
Oct 7, 2005, 08:14 PM
On 2005-10-07 16:56, ABDUR101 wrote:
When looking for a job, one must ask themselves, "How desperate am I?"

If you want the money bad enough, it won't really matter.

...good point.
ill at least be working until i gather enough money to keep dad off ebay for a month.

navci
Oct 8, 2005, 12:18 AM
On 2005-10-07 16:47, Prof_Frink wrote:
Builds character though.

Calvin's dad would say yes.
This might actually help some of your problems by throwing them in your face. Psychologists call it "exposure". I call it "no way to run."

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 8, 2005, 02:14 AM
Nobody pays any attention? Forshame.

Kuda/Myself/TOH/Anwserman all have worked in the fast foods industry/currently work in it.

I guess I only notice because I work in the same field.

My tremendous vocabulary goes to hell in a handbasket since I'm usually using broken English all day anyway. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

How do you "need" the job?

Need more junk? toys/games/DVD's, nah don't need it.

Need to pay rent, buy food, shower/eat! NEED it!

Saiffy
Oct 8, 2005, 09:32 AM
He needs something to rant about when he realises fast food won't be nice?