PDA

View Full Version : A ridiculous but delicious idea, IMHO

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 07:34 AM
Hi, name's Badger. I'm a long time follower, first time poster.

Anyways, I was curious as to how many other people would like, even love and embrace the idea of customizable photon color for PSU weaponry?

Eh? It growing on you yet?

It's more than likely not gonna happen, but it's definitely something I'd be all over if it was implimented.

I just simply must have my outfit and gear match... That's just how I am. Matching colors = l33t, to me.

So what do you think? Would it work or not, and why?

I already sorta came up with the fact that distinguishing different weapon grades would be impossible, due to the fact that their only differential is in photon color. To solve this, I'd just make every weapon grade look slightly different.

For example, a saber'd look like a saber for all eternity, but a BRAND would be perhaps wider, maybe more solid in construction... whereas a BUSTER would be a full-on short sword, a pallasch would look like a pallasch (think rapiers and those sorts of swords), a gladius look like a gladius, and so on. It'd get by that little problem just fine, I think. I always did want more visual variety in the weapons than just color change.

Would you be for or against custom photon color for weapons?

Sizzors
Oct 8, 2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe it's like a new S-rank Feature, being able to choose Photon colors?

Or a PM thing where you can customize weapons, or Tekkers could do it, like with percents and grinds?

That would be cool to have a totally black saber.

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 07:54 AM
A black saber would be AWESOME.

On the same note, so would a totally WHITE one.

I'd also like to have any weapon in the game green-colored without it being the lowest grade. Green's my favorite color.

I saw an outfit in one of the trailers that was basically black with neon green trim. Awesome. Just awesome.

I like the really long coats, too. I hated how in PSO most all of the clothing was completely stationary (except for the FOma's)... I like flowing garments...

But anyway, back on track... I also thought of maybe photon color change as something you could buy, or something like that. Something not stupid cheap so every n00b can do it, but not stupid expensive either (about 50-100k using PSO's meseta). A similar pricing to the dressing room, perhaps.

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 07:56 AM
On 2005-10-08 05:38, Sizzors wrote:

Or a PM thing where you can customize weapons, or Tekkers could do it, like with percents and grinds?

Also it would be really "cool" to have a saber more than just 1 color, an example would be Red and Black, Blue and White, Red and White, etc...

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 08:01 AM
On 2005-10-08 05:56, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-10-08 05:38, Sizzors wrote:

Also it would be really "cool" to have a saber more than just 1 color, an example would be Red and Black, Blue and White, Red and White, etc...

Hmm, interesting... like fading from one color to another? Not like the old DC common rares did, but perhaps more of a gradient effect from the base to the tip? That'd be neat, if not a little hokey after awhile. With great power comes great responsibility... and before long you'd see people with some atrociously-colored weapons.

If done right it'd be cool, though. Red and black would be wicked, great for a Hell-type weapon. Blue and white would be good for ice-infused weapons... the list goes on. You could make your weapon's color reflective of its abilities...

Sizzors
Oct 8, 2005, 08:14 AM
On 2005-10-08 05:56, Rion772 wrote:

Flowens Sword type thing? Where it (from what I know) changes colors?

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 08:18 AM
I think this would not just be for normal weapons, but rare weapons as well. It'd just add another touch of personalization to the game... make your gear feel like it actually belongs to you and you alone.

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
Someone mentioned the Flowens Sword, Flowens Sword is actually a transparent green-ish color, what I meant was more like the Red Saber where it goes from Red at the bottom to White at the tip. Black and Red would be amazing, I think red at the tip then it should fade over to black (Just my opinion).

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 10:52 AM
On 2005-10-08 08:47, Rion772 wrote:
Someone mentioned the Flowens Sword, Flowens Sword is actually a transparent green-ish color, what I meant was more like the Red Saber where it goes from Red at the bottom to White at the tip. Black and Red would be amazing, I think red at the tip then it should fade over to black (Just my opinion).

Yeah, and it's like I said, the weapon's coloring could be an indicator of its abilities... like black/red would be a hell-type weapon, while a red/orange weapon would be fire-based, pink/white could be a TP-draining weapon, and so forth.

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 11:00 AM
On 2005-10-08 08:52, Badger-sama wrote:

On 2005-10-08 08:47, Rion772 wrote:

Yeah, and it's like I said, the weapon's coloring could be an indicator of its abilities... like black/red would be a hell-type weapon, while a red/orange weapon would be fire-based, pink/white could be a TP-draining weapon, and so forth.

Agreed, except you don't have to do that you can just give your favorite blade a look you like, and maybe you can even make them look like metal blades if you want.

Sizzors
Oct 8, 2005, 11:02 AM
THere we go, thinking outside of the box, we could possibly make our weaposn non photon.

Which would be cool. I just want to change the HP's special from Blue-White, to Black. So it's more death like.

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 11:06 AM
On 2005-10-08 09:02, Sizzors wrote:
THere we go, thinking outside of the box, we could possibly make our weaposn non photon.

Which would be cool. I just want to change the HP's special from Blue-White, to Black. So it's more death like.

You just inspired a new idea, perhaps we could pick which special attack (ability) we want our customize blades to have, and maybe certain hard to find rares (like the SJS/TJS) they can have special abilities no other sword can have.

Reenee
Oct 8, 2005, 05:21 PM
Enter Sonic Team, to fuck over the players by letting you set this unchangeable option right when you make your character and nowhere else. :3

OdinTyler
Oct 8, 2005, 08:48 PM
I do like all that has been said here. Being able to customize photon color to match one's char is superficial yes but we all love to look cool as we kick butt, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If the Jedi can alter their lightsabers by adjusting what color crystal is in the saber, why cannot we do the same for PS? Perhaps colors will be predetermined based on element/stat & mixing stats together will form other colors? Its worth a shot.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 02:12 AM
On 2005-10-08 15:21, Reenee wrote:
Enter Sonic Team, to fuck over the players by letting you set this unchangeable option right when you make your character and nowhere else. :3

Or worse, they'll base the color on your name, and it'll dictate which weapons you can find.

Silly ST... XD

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2005, 02:37 AM
I now want a neon green and hot pink Double Saber.

Damn you.

X3

But yeah, this is ST we're talking about.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 07:52 AM
Hmm... dual-colored double saber? Interesting.

So you'd have one blade one color and the other blade another?

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2005, 09:46 AM
Oh, no, no. It'd be a hot pink to lime green gradient on both ends. Which would flash and reverse itself constantly and be a massive eyesore. X3

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 09:50 AM
On 2005-10-09 07:46, Ian-KunX wrote:
Oh, no, no. It'd be a hot pink to lime green gradient on both ends. Which would flash and reverse itself constantly and be a massive eyesore. X3

...ow, my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it. XD

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 11:54 AM
On 2005-10-09 07:50, Badger-sama wrote:

On 2005-10-09 07:46, Ian-KunX wrote:

...ow, my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it. XD

I'd prefer Black to Red - But that's just me.

Dre_o
Oct 9, 2005, 12:05 PM
Silly ST... XD

Silly isn't the word I'D use

My ultimate weapon would either be a blue double saber with a teal aura or red twin blades (ie Asukas) made completely out of teal flames.......sniff...so beautiful.

Tsk, so off topic

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 03:12 PM
On 2005-10-09 10:05, Dre_o wrote:

Silly ST... XD

Silly isn't the word I'D use

My ultimate weapon would either be a blue double saber with a teal aura or red twin blades (ie Asukas) made completely out of teal flames.......sniff...so beautiful.

Tsk, so off topic

I'd probably have all my weapons as a very bright chartreuse (green with a yellowish tinge) color, no exceptions.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 11, 2005, 12:23 PM
I really like the idea of being able to change the photon color of your weaponry. I would love it if I could make my photons match my CAST. If that became a feature it would make everyone's char that much more unique. Pretty cool idea.

Rion772
Oct 11, 2005, 05:07 PM
Or have Katanas or other weapons with customize Photon color around it much like the Yamigarasu.

If that was a choice i'd pick Red.