PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thing in the TGS network video...

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think I'm the only one who noticed this... it just seems too obvious. But it does confirm a few things.

http://pages.black-blade.net/badger/misc/akuma_psu.jpg

Whoever else was in that city on the demo made a character (I'm assuming of the Beast race) that looks like Akuma. The hair, the tan, the build... it's just so obvious.

But, this leads me to believe a few things:

1. Those can't be glowing eyes. So, my only other assumption is that you can give your character eyeglasses when you're customizing them. Before, I had only seen glasses on a female, so I assumed it was a female-only thing, but this makes more sense.

2. There are race-specific clothes. I assume that beasts would have more tough-looking clothing like that Akuma clone is wearing, while the Newmans have more robe-like or more eclectic outfits, and humans have normal-like clothing. Of course, I'd also assume there will be generic sets that span all three races, but what I'm saying is that there would be a few outfits that were specific to that race.

What do you think? Oh, and did anyone else notice that FAWESOME green cast in the video? There was another freakin' HUGE cast in the background of another part, too... I think he was red. They have all sorts of plating and things jutting out and they look NICE. If you can junk them out that much, I might reconsider my shift to humans...

I couldn't get good shots of them, so just try and remember or watch it again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-09 07:51 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 9, 2005, 11:05 AM
I fear seeing Sephiroth.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, at least the Akuma is a somewhat unique copycat.

You know it'll happen though, along with all the DBZ copycats.

omegabuild
Oct 9, 2005, 11:57 AM
i think, that the beats liek gera you mean, i have seen stuff like it in the selection video. i definately think they made gear that they had in mind for one race or the other, but they let any humanoid race wear them, for example the newman like force clothes, you see in teh video humans wearing it

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 12:00 PM
I wonder what class would make a better Cloud from FF7 looking character? Human or Beast? I think Human probably but i'm not too sure.

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2005, 12:04 PM
I'd just better be able to make Lutz, Alis and Rune clones. >o

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 03:01 PM
On 2005-10-09 09:57, omegabuild wrote:
i think, that the beats liek gera you mean, i have seen stuff like it in the selection video. i definately think they made gear that they had in mind for one race or the other, but they let any humanoid race wear them, for example the newman like force clothes, you see in teh video humans wearing it

That's probably what the real deal is, but we'll never know for sure until we get to screw around with it ourselves. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Oct 9, 2005, 07:12 PM
Its better to make you own character, THEN model it after an anime character, heh. My fomar basically looke dliek cloud, but with lighter hair, and darker skin, and a light saber&mechs.

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 09:49 PM
On 2005-10-09 17:12, _Tek_ wrote:
Its better to make you own character, THEN model it after an anime character, heh. My fomar basically looke dliek cloud, but with lighter hair, and darker skin, and a light saber&mechs.

I agree, I was just wondering what would make the best Cloud because someone said you could make a character like him, I wil probably model my character off my other PSO character, hopefully I can make a character that looks like my current one.

AzureBlaze
Oct 9, 2005, 11:57 PM
That Akuma thing is so odd! It really does look just about like him. I guess as customizing goes up in quality, your ability to create tribute-chars does too.

I too am concerned about being able to make chars that look like the ones I had on PSO. Did you notice any masks on any of the demos so far? My RAmar needs a full-face type thing...

I saw that green guy also! (the only video I havn't seen is the really long one with that talking girl in it) I mentioned that particular android in another (long gone) post because it looked so cool! I have -got- to have wings like that! It is apparent by that video that there's tons of customizing for androids we havnt seen.

I hope someone has the ability to screencap these really cool looking people and post it up or something for inspection. A lot of stuff goes buy w/o noticing by everyone.

I am sure that there is SO much sheer variety available that we will be surrounded by awesome and probably silly characters, but seldom clones. ARGH I can't wait! I need my wing things and tricked out paint job now!

Badger-sama
Oct 10, 2005, 10:16 AM
On 2005-10-09 21:57, AzureBlaze wrote:
That Akuma thing is so odd! It really does look just about like him. I guess as customizing goes up in quality, your ability to create tribute-chars does too.

I too am concerned about being able to make chars that look like the ones I had on PSO. Did you notice any masks on any of the demos so far? My RAmar needs a full-face type thing...

I saw that green guy also! (the only video I havn't seen is the really long one with that talking girl in it) I mentioned that particular android in another (long gone) post because it looked so cool! I have -got- to have wings like that! It is apparent by that video that there's tons of customizing for androids we havnt seen.

I hope someone has the ability to screencap these really cool looking people and post it up or something for inspection. A lot of stuff goes buy w/o noticing by everyone.

I am sure that there is SO much sheer variety available that we will be surrounded by awesome and probably silly characters, but seldom clones. ARGH I can't wait! I need my wing things and tricked out paint job now!

The ability to severely trick out the casts is making me reconsider my jump to humans. It might end up decided by a flip of the coin...

Nai_Calus
Oct 10, 2005, 03:05 PM
Am I the only one excited by the possibility of making human-looking male droids? XP

And damn it, I just thought of something else. We'd better be able to make Wren-clones! XD

Badger-sama
Oct 10, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-10-10 13:05, Ian-KunX wrote:
Am I the only one excited by the possibility of making human-looking male droids? XP

And damn it, I just thought of something else. We'd better be able to make Wren-clones! XD

Yeah, the way default casts look is cooler now, too. Going the super-minimal way would be awesome as well.

And I think you can have 'droids with human-like faces... I saw one in the video, anyway, but it was female. Dunno about the males...

AzureBlaze
Oct 11, 2005, 12:25 AM
If you look in the one customizing video, they show you Humanoid face options for the Casts.

It's like that one girl they've been showing with the long hair. They have ridges or cracks in their plastic faces to distinguish them from humans. The dude I saw had it horizontal across his nose. Also as I recall the skin tones were odd. (blue-ish). Plus remember Renvolt.

I always wondered why only the female androids had 'face-ish' options. I guess it was so that male humans would find them attractive or something. HUcaseal had it a bit better, you could pick the face that didn't look like anything.

I am also hoping that if someone picks a cast with somewhat humanoid face, that the features then become customizable or else it might be like having a load of Kens. (they all had about the same head)

But with 2 kinds of heads for androids of ALL sorts, it should be a much cooler range for everyone! Although I don't need a face, I plan to test like every option when this comes out...although it would be nice to grin viciously while killing things. Hmm.

Badger-sama
Oct 11, 2005, 06:25 AM
On 2005-10-10 22:25, AzureBlaze wrote:
If you look in the one customizing video, they show you Humanoid face options for the Casts.

It's like that one girl they've been showing with the long hair. They have ridges or cracks in their plastic faces to distinguish them from humans. The dude I saw had it horizontal across his nose. Also as I recall the skin tones were odd. (blue-ish). Plus remember Renvolt.

I always wondered why only the female androids had 'face-ish' options. I guess it was so that male humans would find them attractive or something. HUcaseal had it a bit better, you could pick the face that didn't look like anything.

I am also hoping that if someone picks a cast with somewhat humanoid face, that the features then become customizable or else it might be like having a load of Kens. (they all had about the same head)

But with 2 kinds of heads for androids of ALL sorts, it should be a much cooler range for everyone! Although I don't need a face, I plan to test like every option when this comes out...although it would be nice to grin viciously while killing things. Hmm.

I don't know if I'll be giving my cast a human-like face. I'll have to check out all the face options when it comes out and decide then.