PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck, computer?

Eihwaz
Oct 10, 2005, 06:34 PM
Okay, my computer is being very very annoying. >_<

For some reason that is beyond my realm of understanding, my computer has connected not to OUR wireless connection, but rather that of some guy two houses down. This results in a much slower, crappier connnection that randomly disconnects for a few seconds.

I messed around with settings, but I cannot seem to get the damn thing to connect to our OWN connection. What the fuck? How can I fix this so my internet experience isn't blindingly painful?

Nai_Calus
Oct 10, 2005, 07:02 PM
Owned.

I'd suggest shooting it.

Scrub
Oct 10, 2005, 07:14 PM
Use wires.

It isn't THAT painful. -_- ;

Badger-sama
Oct 10, 2005, 08:15 PM
On 2005-10-10 16:34, Eihwaz wrote:
Okay, my computer is being very very annoying. >_<

For some reason that is beyond my realm of understanding, my computer has connected not to OUR wireless connection, but rather that of some guy two houses down. This results in a much slower, crappier connnection that randomly disconnects for a few seconds.

I messed around with settings, but I cannot seem to get the damn thing to connect to our OWN connection. What the fuck? How can I fix this so my internet experience isn't blindingly painful?

Make sure before "messing" with settings that you know what you're doing XD

Just kidding. You should have a name for your wireless network. Just point your WNIC or whatever you use to connect to the wireless network to THAT SPECIFICALLY-NAMED network, and it should be fine.

Blue-Hawk
Oct 10, 2005, 08:22 PM
Are you sure that guy didn't tap into your lines?

Eihwaz
Oct 10, 2005, 08:23 PM
It's getting worse. The connection is very weak, and I keep getting disconnected EVERY FEW MINUTES. T_T

Someone, please, help. I can barely stay on long enough to ask for help. >_<

Blitzkommando
Oct 10, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ah, another poor soul who has been sucked dry by the 'wonderful' wireless internet...

/is also a victim of wireless connections

I have had a similar problem only it is between two routers in our house. You see, we purchased a new router with a better antenna and thus better signal. However, whenever I attempt to connect to it I get redirected to the 'el crapo' router. And, seeing that the 'el crapo' wireless router is also our modem, I am basically screwed into a terrible connection. Yay!

I assume you are also like me in that there is no possible way to do wired internet without doing irreperable damage to the house. :/ In that case, you have my sympathy.

Sometimes though, it is fun to connect to other's wireless internets. Afterall, the three houses around us that have them do not secure their networks, so I have free roam of their stuff. >_>;

Eihwaz
Oct 10, 2005, 09:14 PM
I tried resetting my router, modem, and computer. Bingo, back to OUR connection. Everything works now. *dances*

SJ
Oct 11, 2005, 09:07 AM
While you're still connected to his service, make the most of it =0

Dek
Oct 11, 2005, 05:10 PM
On 2005-10-11 07:07, SJ wrote:
While you're still connected to his service, make the most of it =0

In other words, it's pointless to use his neighbor's connection, especially if walls interfere with the frequency and especially if your connection is far superior.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-10-11 15:11 ]</font>