PDA

View Full Version : A planet to call home...

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 11:26 AM
Although its been established that we may travel from planet to planet (online & offline), does our selected race start us on a particular planet? I would think that would make more sense seeing as how some planets have a unique atmosphere, conducive to certain races. For example, I read that the newmans are from the 'water' planet (I believe thats Parum). I saw a Japanese type setting on Neudaiz (& that would SO fit my FOmarl perfectly http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ).
Is there any truth to this? If so, that would be great. It would promote interplanetary travel all the time & you wouldnt be so quickly bored with having to start on the same planet all the time.

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
On 2005-10-12 09:26, OdinTyler wrote:
Although its been established that we may travel from planet to planet (online & offline), does our selected race start us on a particular planet? I would think that would make more sense seeing as how some planets have a unique atmosphere, conducive to certain races. For example, I read that the newmans are from the 'water' planet (I believe thats Parum). I saw a Japanese type setting on Neudaiz (& that would SO fit my FOmarl perfectly http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ).
Is there any truth to this? If so, that would be great. It would promote interplanetary travel all the time & you wouldnt be so quickly bored with having to start on the same planet all the time.

Yeah, that does sound like a neat idea, and I hope they do something like that. BUT, as far as I know, nothing like that has been announced or even hinted at. It makes sense, though... since your character gets their own little apartment, you'd have to be on one of the planets semi-permanently...

PhruitBaskit
Oct 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
But what if you get an apartment on every planet?

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 03:39 PM
Id love an apt on each planet. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif However I think I know where the apts will be. If you look on the PSU site theres mention of something called Guardians Colony. I believe its a satellite of some sort up there in space & that is where we may initially start (or where the main congregation is). I have a feeling the GC will play a main part in the offline game more but will still be important online. Perhaps it is there that we get our rooms & just traverse the planets.
The idea of setting up a home on each planet would be fun tho. Have your main home, a vacation home, etc. The possibilities would be endless. If we only had a home on our respective starting planet, it would give us a reason to go home once in awhile as well as visit the other 2 & the aforementioned GC.

ANIMEniac
Oct 12, 2005, 05:13 PM
players starting off on their home planet would be vary cool, but that also brings up the issue of freedom of transportation(kinda). if they take the time to make sure each race starts off an a certaint planet, most likely you wont be able to imidiately jump to another planet. and searching for a friend and you dont have any means to contact them, game or real life, then that would suck face. an a slightly different note, what if you could show up at your friends apartment if u had there "guild card" or adress thingy, and leave a message for when they get on.like as if they had an answering machine!

WREN-type
Oct 14, 2005, 03:18 AM
from what i inferred from the ign and the jp psu site articles it looks like you can only have a room on the guardian colony. its probably just a series of lobbies that connects to certain rooms (since it looks like you can enter your friends rooms). i really hope im totally wrong so i can have a place on parum. i always wondered what a palm-like planet looked like since PS1 couldnt do it justice.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 14, 2005, 12:28 PM
I'd prefer a room on each planet, but one room would be fine with me. Maybe you stay in hotels on the different planets. Kind of like on FF1. Just an idea...

Scratch that, I'd rather just have one room on one planet...as long as you get to pick the planet

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-10-18 10:03 ]</font>

Dre_o
Oct 14, 2005, 03:31 PM
I too would perfer to have a house on one planet and have to stay at places like hotels or what not.

And on a side note of the hotels and stuff, Wouldn't that make money much more valuable than on PSO? I was always pissed how value-less money was in PSO.

Wyndham
Oct 14, 2005, 03:39 PM
On 2005-10-14 13:31, Dre_o wrote:
I too would perfer to have a house on one planet and have to stay at places like hotels or what not.

And on a side note of the hotels and stuff, Wouldn't that make money much more valuable than on PSO? I was always pissed how value-less money was in PSO.

what would you need a house for??
the only benefits i could see are storing extra weapons, or something like that.
you cant use it for sleeping (unless you wanted to leave your system on for hours).
there's not realy much they could be good for.
just maybe saving your game and storing items. which was done in PSO at the deposit room.

Dre_o
Oct 14, 2005, 05:35 PM
On 2005-10-14 13:39, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2005-10-14 13:31, Dre_o wrote:

what would you need a house for??
the only benefits i could see are storing extra weapons, or something like that.
you cant use it for sleeping (unless you wanted to leave your system on for hours).
there's not realy much they could be good for.
just maybe saving your game and storing items. which was done in PSO at the deposit room.

Yea my bad, I didn't mean to say house. I meant room. But all of these are points to think about. I was thinking that the only place you would be able to save your game is at your room (or hotel and what not.)

Sir_Laguna
Oct 15, 2005, 12:28 AM
I'm sure there will be more to the apartments on Guardians' Colony than just, "Hey, I've got a room." It is an interesting idea though, and it helps add to the feeling of actually being a part of the world. You have a place that you can truly call your own, and you can customize it as such.

As we've seen, your room will at least be where your PM will be stored. As others have suggested, it's also possible that check rooms of the past will work strictly as a meseta bank, having you go to your room to change up your arsenal. I think it's likely that your room on Guardians' Colony will also end up being your starting point whenever you jump online. From there, you'd go to the huge park/lobby, meet a few fellow Guardians, and head off to whatever planet you wish to go to from there. Having everyones' rooms on the colony would concentrate most of the population there, making it easier and quicker to find new players and meet with friends as opposed to having settlements on all three planets and spreading out the player population. It kind of makes sense too: Your character is, after all, a Guardian. Shouldn't they be living there? Your room could also act as a private meeting area for your party to have a discussion away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the colony. Though it would be really cool to have a room on the planet of your choosing, I can see why Sonic Team decided on having the Guardians' Colony play the role of one huge apartment complex. *sniff* I always wanted to live in space.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from some of the videos and screenshots I've seen of these rooms, it looks like some of them are big enough for two people. Is it possible that we'll see people sharing rooms with each other in PSU? Will you have an option to have a roommate? Is this a nod from Sonic Team to people who have met their love interests through PSO? Who knows.

ANIMEniac
Oct 15, 2005, 01:55 AM
i would imagine that in your room you could atleast change your clothes in your room, hopefully without 10,000 meseta. because i cannot honestly say i have had to wear the same clothes to school for a week straight to save up money just to go in my closet and get a clean shirt. also possibly a bullitin update board of server maintenence and new stuff can be looked up at your desk like it shows when you log on to PSO. Umm... i wonder where you would buy and obtain most of the decorations for your room. think of the dragon boss dropping "rare curtans" -_- lol

WAIT! stroke of genious(did i spell that right?), maybe Gallon could be of more use than one time CD's and wrapping gifts.

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 09:52 AM
On 2005-10-14 22:28, Sir_Laguna wrote:
I'm sure there will be more to the apartments on Guardians' Colony than just, "Hey, I've got a room." It is an interesting idea though, and it helps add to the feeling of actually being a part of the world. You have a place that you can truly call your own, and you can customize it as such.

As we've seen, your room will at least be where your PM will be stored. As others have suggested, it's also possible that check rooms of the past will work strictly as a meseta bank, having you go to your room to change up your arsenal. I think it's likely that your room on Guardians' Colony will also end up being your starting point whenever you jump online. From there, you'd go to the huge park/lobby, meet a few fellow Guardians, and head off to whatever planet you wish to go to from there. Having everyones' rooms on the colony would concentrate most of the population there, making it easier and quicker to find new players and meet with friends as opposed to having settlements on all three planets and spreading out the player population. It kind of makes sense too: Your character is, after all, a Guardian. Shouldn't they be living there? Your room could also act as a private meeting area for your party to have a discussion away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the colony. Though it would be really cool to have a room on the planet of your choosing, I can see why Sonic Team decided on having the Guardians' Colony play the role of one huge apartment complex. *sniff* I always wanted to live in space.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from some of the videos and screenshots I've seen of these rooms, it looks like some of them are big enough for two people. Is it possible that we'll see people sharing rooms with each other in PSU? Will you have an option to have a roommate? Is this a nod from Sonic Team to people who have met their love interests through PSO? Who knows.

Actually Laguna, each room is technically an apt tho its called 'My Home.' From what we've seen of the pics, you get a bedroom & a hallway. We could have meetings as suggested away from the lobby (good idea btw) & your personal bedroom. Sure we could have ppl come over & such but imagine ppl sharing a virtual apt? I dont think so! Imagine the drama! LOL

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:40 PM
I don't care except for the fact I want to pick which planet my main Room is on (i'll only have one that i'll go to all of the time if there are actually 1 per planet for you).