PDA

View Full Version : PSU and thos darn humans

ANIMEniac
Oct 12, 2005, 06:26 PM
I havent seen much of the PSU plot or story line but from what i know, the Newmans and Beasts where geneticaly engineared by humans. 1) how long ago and in what sort of mas quantities would they had to have done this keeping in mind this would have to be a while befor the 100 years of peace. 2)how convinient is it for then to have a planet for each. also how did they get to the planets, that would be lotsa terraforming. well i can see humans working on Motawab(something like that), then creating beasts. but what bout the numans? did they make newmans first or find the planes first. well i think more will be explained when i actualy play the game.

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 06:41 PM
It's kind of ironic how Humans created all the other races but stupidly made all the other races stronger than the human race...seriously...WTF?!, who would make another type of living being stronger than themselves purposly...(don't answer that please). Anyway that's all I had to say really.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 09:36 PM
Heres my take on the races (past and present):

Numans go back to PSII. It started with bioengineering with merging biomonster & human samples of DNA. The first numan, Nei was given a short life span, not only because she was a test subject but also, as a fail safe device. If in the event she were to get out of control (Duh...Neifirst!), the problem (depending on your point of view) would clear itself up. I once read that even as far as Rika from PSIV was created to mix with humans to form yet another race (whether this happened or not, we dont know as of yet). I chalk the numans up to humans playing around with science, seeing what they get, unable to control that which they created & their attempts to do something about it.
Androids were created to serve man...or so they would believe. I can just hear Isaac Asimov laughing & saying "Yeah, right!" Anyway, these machines are constructed for the work humans feel theyre unfit or able to do. Its always been inevitable in scifi that if you annoy enough droids, one of em is not gonna take it. Thats why we keep seeing these civil wars starting, much like the one taking place in PSU with the android uprising. Once again, man's arrogance in thinking it can control a race proved otherwise.
Then, we come to beasts. Whether man made or not, again we dont know. Let's say for argument's sake that beasts are human-created. I believe the beasts were given a longer life span (as opposed to a numan's) as a way to combine past efforts: a way of control & forced manual labor. It would seem the beasts (in view of man's thought anyway) that they would be created as 'less intelligent' & therefore, less likely to rebel against their human masters. Obviously we know this will not always continue as history is inevitably going to repeat itself.
No matter how many times man tries to one up itself, certain questions come to mind:

1) Are we creating life for ourselves or to give the gift of life for another?
2) Is man trying to improve the world around him for the sake of himself or for a greater purpose?
3) Who is more human or humane - the creations or the creator?
4) Are we willing to accept the fact that these various creations are reflections of human nature that can teach us more about ourselves than we could teach each other?

Yes, I know I went off a bit more metaphysically that PSU (or Sega) will go towards, but it leads to unique ideas. Will the races try to intermix with or without 'permission' from the humans? It would seem the more we delve into what it means to be human & the more we try to answer universal questions, the more questions are presented to us.

ANIMEniac
Oct 12, 2005, 10:53 PM
On 2005-10-12 19:36, OdinTyler wrote:
Heres my take on the races (past and present):
(read above)

wow @_@ that was deep. but that does bring up a... many good points, like if the humans engeniered the other races enough in there likeness to be able to mate and give birth to a mix race, excluding androids of course. i also presume you played the first Phantasy Stars because you use the origional spelling of numan, im new school so i say "newman". but thats besids the point, i would think newmen haf average life span now if not greater, for if they are more intelegent than humans they would have found a way to surpass their current lifespan.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 12:05 AM
Ya, I got sick of saying 'newman' & historically, Im more used to 'numan'. Yes, Ive played PS since PS1, thus my name. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Idk why I went on & on like that. Just felt it come to me. I cant help having fun with a storyline Ive loved for so long, plotholes & all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 09:51 AM
I think the humans are stupid for trying to play the un-playable role of god.

Reenee
Oct 13, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-10-13 07:51, Rion772 wrote:
I think the humans are stupid for trying to play the un-playable role of god.

lol finding drama in a game

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 10:16 AM
No, i'm just stating a point. Humans have been doing it for a long time now, creating new life from other life (cloning). The creations are more humane than the creators.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 10:26 AM
Ah, Rion. You have grasped a point I have tried to make. You are no longer...grasshoppa. I commend you on this! (chinese gong) All joking aside, for the most part, ppl create things to help themselves, not so much for an honorable purpose. If say humans created cyborgs & left them to their own & then the cyborgs turned on the humans for no reason, then it would be just for us to defend ourselves. Instead, as shown in countless movies & video games, we can see the humanity in our creations. Not just because they were human-created, but perhaps the creation acts more HUMANE than the creator.

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 11:34 AM
Those poor, poor really strong, big, and hp having casts...Also why are they called "Cast's" if they can't spell cast? <---just a stupid little thought.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 12:05 PM
Uh, are you forgetting the old PSO classes? huCAST? raCAST? HELLO? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Perhaps theyre called casts because of cast iron, cast steel, etc (the metals theyre made of)?