PDA

View Full Version : Another small update, Oct 14: C.O.G.

_Tek_
Oct 14, 2005, 01:43 AM
I've no idea what this is, this is all they showed:

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28601431290.png

JPD002
Oct 14, 2005, 02:57 AM
I think the title's basically: The Government of Nyuudeizu (Neudaiz) "Church of Graal".

C.O.G. probably means Church of Graal.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong, and someone will probably be able to make a better translation.

Lovejuice
Oct 14, 2005, 06:19 AM
Incase anyone wanted to see the picture behind a bit more.. fully, here they both are, all on there own and that (all I've done is reach in and grab them out of the .SWF).

edit: snip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-12-18 16:23 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Oct 14, 2005, 12:41 PM
Cool!

adamgnome104
Oct 14, 2005, 01:26 PM
Why do users even get credit for this on the main page?

Why don't the staffers just check on every Friday? OOOh a pattern.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I think it looks very nice, but needs a translation! I wish there wasn an English site!! >_<

Japan meets Venice? That looks so nice and pretty!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-10-14 11:27 ]</font>

Solstis
Oct 14, 2005, 01:33 PM
Now, the admins checking the site every Friday would just ruin the fun, eh?

_Tek_
Oct 14, 2005, 06:29 PM
I think I'm winning now, since I've gotten alot of update credits, since I stay up to like 3 am. lol

RoninJoku
Oct 14, 2005, 07:18 PM
The friday updates always make me sad... Too sad to get my panties in a bunch over and wait late into the night for at least... So I gave up posting the Friday updates... Someone else can (and always will) handle it! =p

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 02:59 AM
Too bad this update isn't worth posting anyways. Anyone translate it yet? Well, if not pelase do.

rena-ko
Oct 15, 2005, 03:29 AM
On 2005-10-14 11:26, adamgnome104 wrote:
Why do users even get credit for this on the main page?

Why don't the staffers just check on every Friday? OOOh a pattern.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

its called 'handing out cookies', no? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Oct 15, 2005, 07:27 AM
I haven't translated the first paragraph yet, but here are the last two concerning this update on the Communion of Graal.

The Communion is made up of the "Masters of the Planetary Spirit," also known as the "Top 4." Each individual of this group handles one of four duties: religious ceremonies, political affairs, literature, or defense.

Under Graalistic belief, Photon is considered the spirit of the planet, and adherents to the religion are taught to respect this spirit, giving thanks and appreciation to it on a daily basis. The core followers of Graalism are the newmen of Neudaiz, but a large number of humans and beasts around the solar system share the same beliefs.

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 07:40 AM
Photons being spirits? In the words of Scooby Doo 'Ruh roh.' The 'general public' (on the planets) could be lead to believe that theyre holy so the scientists could continue their tampering. Maybe thats what Ethan & crew have to expose? However, if photons ARE more than just energy, that they are in fact spirits leads to a unique idea. What if theyre spirits of ppl long since past & their energy or soul or chi or w/e word you want to use is what makes up the photons? Definitely an interesting prospect...

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 07:51 AM
Oh & I was told yesterday (tho it may not be true) that 'Graal' is French for 'grail' as in the Holy Grail. If so, things could get very interesting. Im glad to see churches in Phantasy Star again. I miss that because its part of the old time feeling. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
Oct 15, 2005, 11:01 AM
Rawr... I personally get very sick of religion in my video games... -__-; But w/e, it's not going to change much...

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:37 PM
Religion+PSU+my opinion=I don't care at all, it's just more space to explore and kill time with.

Also Tek it's pointless to tire yourself out finding and posting these updates when this so called "prize" you get or whatever is going on (that your trying to "win") might be a rock sent to you in the mail. (just my opinion, don't get angry at me)

Nisshoku
Oct 15, 2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks a million EspioKaos for helping with a bit of translation! And may I say you did a great job talking to Kelli Sae as well. You rock!

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 06:21 PM
I know, I have no idea what this "prize" is, that's why I'm so interested. They've already assimilated me...

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 06:44 PM
That's pretty cool, I bet you can't wait to see what this "prize" is, I would be going nuts if I had an chance at getting it. I wonder what possible good could come out of having a church in the city...???

EspioKaos
Oct 15, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-10-15 15:47, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Thanks a million EspioKaos for helping with a bit of translation! And may I say you did a great job talking to Kelli Sae as well. You rock!
No problem. I've been keeping a thread (http://p081.ezboard.com/fespiokaosmessageboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=148 9.topic) going with all of the updates and information I can find on PSU at my site's message board. It's actually got quite a few translations in it from the official site that may not have been posted elsewhere if anyone's interested in seeing it.

You saw my discussion with Kelli? Sweet! ^_^ I was hoping that she'd have a little more info for us, but even just getting a chance to speak with her and hear her opinions of working with SEGA and SonicTeam was awesome.

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 08:30 PM
On 2005-10-15 16:44, Rion772 wrote:
That's pretty cool, I bet you can't wait to see what this "prize" is, I would be going nuts if I had an chance at getting it.

That would be sick if was a mod title.

And about this holy thing, I don't think it really relates direcltly to "the bible" probably more of a fictional thing. Seeing as how the newman seem to be the heavenly magical kind of race, why not?

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 11:10 PM
A church being in PSU is more a nostalgia thing than anything. If youve played the old PS games, trust me, its a good thing. I like to keep to my PS roots & having it is a reminder of the good old days of going to a church to resurrect myself (& being told how many XP I need to gain a lvl LOL). It will bring new depth to the story. Im sure of it.

Kupi
Oct 17, 2005, 03:35 PM
Heh, looks like the Newmen have fully assumed the role once played by the Desolizan race. They have the best Technical strength, live on the cold planet, and are the key source of religion for their planetary system. Awesome.

EspioKaos
Oct 17, 2005, 04:17 PM
Here's my translation of the first paragraph in the C.O.G. section.

The Communion of Graal is a religious organization comprized of two divisions. One division handles Graalistic missionary work and religious ceremonies while the other carries out political actions set forth by the government of Neudaiz.

Rion772
Oct 17, 2005, 07:20 PM
On 2005-10-15 21:10, OdinTyler wrote:
A church being in PSU is more a nostalgia thing than anything. If youve played the old PS games, trust me, its a good thing. I like to keep to my PS roots & having it is a reminder of the good old days of going to a church to resurrect myself (& being told how many XP I need to gain a lvl LOL). It will bring new depth to the story. Im sure of it.

So it's a homesick thing?
(don't answer that unless you really have to, i was being a smartA)

OdinTyler
Oct 17, 2005, 08:58 PM
Yes, I miss my home planet of Palma. My faithful companion & friend, Myau, Im told doesnt remember his homeland since hes left a few millenia ago. Perhaps I should go visit him & remind him. I understand hes in a cave somewhere...

(Im going on references from the Genesis series & anyone whos played them knows what Im talking about...

...and knows Im being a smartass too! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Rion772
Oct 19, 2005, 05:21 AM
Maybe he's in the cave with the entrance that's inside and hidden in the new pointless church?!

(I don't care what my characters religion is. My character could believe that when he died his soul would be eaten by a giant 6 armed cow with flaring red nostrals, silver spots, pink eye, and a bit of red on it's shirt(yes the cow wears clothes too).)

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 08:23 AM
On 2005-10-19 03:21, Rion772 wrote:
Maybe he's in the cave with the entrance that's inside and hidden in the new pointless church?!

(I don't care what my characters religion is. My character could believe that when he died his soul would be eaten by a giant 6 armed cow with flaring red nostrals, silver spots, pink eye, and a bit of red on it's shirt(yes the cow wears clothes too).)

1. Uh no, wrong cave.
2. The C.O.G. isnt pointless. Havent you been reading the translations? Its involved in POLITICS. Hello? Plotline RIGHT THERE! LOL
3. And the name of this cow is...? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ColonD
Oct 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
The C.O.G. sounds pretty interesting. I just think the newman men don't have to wear silly hats in there. NBecause if it's the near center of the plotline, I'd see a lot of 'em. T_T

And the cow's name is "The Almight Producer of Moo Moo Juice."
It likes to sing and dance with the queen of kitchen utensil city in the hall of butter knives.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 19, 2005, 05:30 PM
And it's right across the street from the fork monument between the spoon buildings...

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 09:54 PM
How now Brown Cow? Can I have some chocolate milk please? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif