PDA

View Full Version : Team System in PSU?

Otis_Kat
Oct 14, 2005, 05:21 PM
Will there be a team system in PSU? Although I dont like the gib your delicious rares for points concept, I liked being able to be in a mini chatroom with my team members even when you arnt in the same area.

_Tek_
Oct 14, 2005, 06:27 PM
I read they said will just stick to the guild cards this time. I hope they change that, team systems sounds good.

Except a team shouldn't be a necessity, like in BB, didnt you need a team with enough pts. to get the dressing room?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-10-14 19:23 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Oct 14, 2005, 06:38 PM
Yep you did need a team to get dressing room

RoninJoku
Oct 14, 2005, 07:21 PM
Yea, there was a Sonic Team interview a while back where they said they wouldn't be doing any team systems... At least not in the sense of BB's team system...

Sir_Laguna
Oct 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
The lack of a team system in PSU is somewhat disappointing to me. I wouldn't really miss the point system, but I would miss the easy means of communication with other teammates; in this case, the dedicated chat room.

I really hope Sonic Team has at least overhauled the Guild Card system. One thing I'd like to be able to do is organize the guild cards I pick up into different groups or folders. I could have one folder for guild/clan/team people, another for people I frequently talk to, people who suck, cards I seldomly use, etc. That would be a BIG help, especially when you have 20 or so pages of guild cards of people who contact you talk to at least every once in a while. It's a pain to sort through them all, especially when people have as many characters that they do and you can't remember which character is used by what player.

(I hope that last bit made sense.)

Blitzkommando
Oct 14, 2005, 11:32 PM
I'll have to agree with Lag here. (ZOMG! It's Lag!) The team chatting mode was a REALLY nice feature. I hope something similar is added to PSU.

I wonder what kind of stuff can be added to guild cards now though? Pictures? I hope not, lest we get pummeled by pictures of phallic objects and abnormally sized mammaries....

PhantomAlpha
Oct 15, 2005, 12:00 AM
On 2005-10-14 21:32, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I'll have to agree with Lag here. (ZOMG! It's Lag!) The team chatting mode was a REALLY nice feature. I hope something similar is added to PSU.

I wonder what kind of stuff can be added to guild cards now though? Pictures? I hope not, lest we get pummeled by pictures of phallic objects and abnormally sized mammaries....

Pictures of characters would be a nice touch though.

FrozenFlame41
Oct 15, 2005, 12:05 AM
I've only played PSO 1&2 Offline, PSU is gonna be my first PSO Game Online. Can someone explain what guild cards are? How are they related to voice chat?

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 12:09 AM
I think they way guilad cards should work is you get their card, which shows all of their characters on it. Since its server side saving this should work. Then it should be able to atleast generate a small picture of each character.

Sir_Laguna
Oct 15, 2005, 03:16 AM
On 2005-10-14 22:05, FrozenFlame41 wrote:
I've only played PSO 1&2 Offline, PSU is gonna be my first PSO Game Online. Can someone explain what guild cards are? How are they related to voice chat?

Think of Guild Cards as a business card of sorts for PSO players. They have the name and class of the character they used to send you the card, their section ID, and a little description. You can use the card they send you to search and see whether or not they're online. If they are, a little magnifying glass icon appears at the top of the screen (*ding!*) to let you know someone was found. From there, you can go to your search results list, where it will show you the ship, block, and lobby where they were found as well as the name of the game they're in-- if they're currently in one. You'll have a choice to send them mail or to jump to the lobby they're in.

Simple, right? Hope that helps.

Getting back on topic, I think it would certainly be feasible for Sonic Team to have a little picture of each character on guild cards. Since character data is saved server-side, all that they'd have to do is retrieve the appropriate face and outfit data and load it onto a small character bust model or something, right? I agree with you guys; I think that's something ST should do and I think it'd be helpful, especially when you can remember a face, but not the name. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Oct 15, 2005, 03:24 AM
my wild guess is:

they will add a team system and all fancy things with PSU v2 about 8 months after they release the first version...

but no... punishing people for not being in some team... or having to stick to one team only with all your chars... i really hope they dont carry that over to PSU.

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 07:58 AM
I dont believe PSU will have any type of guild system, given the lack of info. However, it would help in that at least give us the choice to be part of a regular group or go solo, so to speak. One thing I do like about Everquest on PS2 is you can con (place a cursor on someone) & a tag-type card comes up reading:

Name
Lv & Class
Guild

This way all the char info on a card stays on that char & all we need do is set up buddy lists. True, we wont have a face on the list to go with the name but it works. A lil face would be cool tho. Saving up tons of ID cards of ppl can take up alot of space & end up being a pain in the butt. I hope it was upgraded in someway to be easier on the players. In addition, if we did see such above info on the card, a home planet listing would also be helpful. That way if youre trying to find someone, youd have a pretty good idea where to start.

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:10 PM
I never play PSO online but the way all of you described it sounded perfect, I would love to chat with my team while were in different areas.

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, PSU ver 2...

It'll happen... and we'll be playing psu chapter 4 in a few years...

From the creators of Blue Burst come Red Repetition!

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 06:30 PM
Actually i'm positive that ST said that PSU was going to conclude the whole PS series...

DarK-SuN
Oct 16, 2005, 03:05 AM
They might have said that (they didn't, but let's presume they did for the sake of argument), but expect them to release new PSU versions in the future.
It's still PSU, so it won't be a new game and it'd still be the "last game", just upgraded with new stuff.

Rion772
Oct 16, 2005, 09:33 PM
Yes actually they did say it, our team leader posted it on the our team website...so yeah, and if the PS saga ended then there would be no other versions of PSU.

Although people do change their minds and ST might reconsider and actually make another PS, it's been said that PSU would end the series but if PSU is a really big hit and a lot of people buy and and play it online then there probably is a pretty good chance that ST would make another PS or just leave the series on a good note.

Sir_Laguna
Oct 16, 2005, 11:58 PM
Actually, here's an interview IGN conducted (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/650/650101p2.html) around TGS time with Takao Miyoshi, PSU's producer. When asked about Sonic Team's plans for the next generation of Phantasy Star after PSU...

"We're planning something, but we haven't determined what system or anything like that at this point."

And here's an excerpt from page 2 of an article on Gamespy (http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/phantasy-star-universe/651633p2.html):

GameSpy: Phantasy Star has had a rich history going back to the Master System, but there was a period where there were no games, and popularity fell off somewhat. Do you think the series can reach Final Fantasy type levels of popularity?

Miyoshi: Yeah, we are planning to establish the brand and re-establish the franchise, to gain back the fanbase that once existed, as well as to create a new fanbase, including this current generation and moving forward.
That gives me a feeling on the contrary: They don't sound like they want to stop with Phantasy Star anytime soon.

Rion772
Oct 17, 2005, 04:45 AM
I've seem to have made a mistake...it's actually PSO thats coming to an end.

"PSO Blue Burst: December 21st 2005
Posted by Jonathan_f on Tuesday, October 11 @ 11:39 PDT reads: 87

It started December 21st, 2000. A huge explosion took place on a
planet named Ragol and a game known as Phantasy Star Online made its
entrance into the world as the world's first console online RPG.
Players using a 33.6 kb/s modem included with their Dreamcast were
greeted with a list options including Ship Select and Download. And
inside of Ship Select were names such as Oberon, Puck, and Miranda.

The story continues 7 months later with the release of Phantasy Star
Online Version 2. This version included many new features. Character
levels up to level 200. Battle mode, where players could fight
against each other in a person vs person environmentand, and
Challenge mode, where players fought against the timer to clear areas
at low levels and no trips to Pioneer 2 were allowed. Lastly,
Ultimate mode. The way to boost a character's exp rates even more,
and the introduction of the dreaded tripple zero damage.

The game was then ported to windows with a Japan only release on
December 20th, 2001. This version was essentially Version 2, but with
an extra feature. Players could store many more characters than on
the dreamcast version.

The adventure continued months later on September 12th, 2002.
Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II was released on the gamecube.
However this would be a huge downfall for Sonic Team, because a huge
bug was found in the game which required issuing of a new version
which players would send their old disk in and get the new version
1.1. This bug was found before the US version was mastered however,
so there was americans didn't have to send their disks back.

And a few months later on January 16th, 2003 Phantasy Star Online
Episode I&II was released on Xbox. The XBOX eventually turned out to
be a huge flop in Japan, however JP players were given this version
for FREE with purchase of an XBOX live account, as Live was required
to even play offline mode.

The adventure once again continued on November 27th 2003. The
gameplay took a complete change of pace here, going from real time 3d
hack and slash, to a card game. Using the C.A.R.D technology the
story of Phantasy Star Online was wrapped up with the landing of
Pioneer 2 on Ragol...at least we thought it was the end.

On February 3rd 2005, the world was introduced to Episode IV. This
lost chapter in the saga of Phantasy Star Online took players to a
time before the events of Episode III, where an asteroid had gone off
its path of traveling around the cosmos, and was redirected towards
Ragol.

Adventurers continue to fight in the new landscapes found to this
day.d as time passes we are now closing in on the 5th aniversary of
Phantasy Star Online. On December 21st, Phantasy Star Online will be
5 years old and sega has some big plans to send the series out with a
bang that will last the players until Phantasy Star Universe is
released.

First and foremost, Episode IV will become a free download on JP
servers. This is so Sega can make way for the 2nd big announcement.

*****!!!! VVVVVVVVV*******
Yes, The third Maximum Attack has been announced for JP gamers. While
it is unknown what areas it will take place in, it is confirmed to
take place in Episode IV. With Net Cash as the sponsor, we can be
sure to see some fantastic prizes before we say goodbye to Phantasy
Star Online and hello to the Phantasy Star Universe that looms in the
future.
*****!!!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^^*******

Also while there is currently nothing in the works for US/EU servers,
hopefully we will get a piece of the celebration as well.

source: psobb.jp and clumsyorchid"

Zindura
Oct 21, 2005, 06:26 PM
I remember reading that PSO Ep.III ended the PSO series. Certainly not what's to come under the title of PS.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 21, 2005, 08:34 PM
On 2005-10-17 02:45, Rion772 wrote:
I've seem to have made a mistake...it's actually PSO thats coming to an end.

Thank god it's only PSO that's coming to an end and not the whole Phantasy Star series. If they ended the whole thing with PSU, what other series would I have to look forward to?

The answer is nothing!!!