PDA

View Full Version : team attacks?

baldrian
Oct 15, 2005, 10:11 AM
One of the MANY things i loved about pstar where team attacks we saw in pstar 2 & 4.

Later we have seen this done in other rpgs like crono cross and mmos such as ffxi and everquest 2 (IE Skillchains & heroics).

I know its a pipe dream but id love to see it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Imagine , FO , would be able to combine spells to make other spells... or different attack combos + FO spell...

kazuma56
Oct 15, 2005, 10:28 AM
it would be great, but I don't think it'll be possible do to the Real-time combat the game features, and too much things would have to be factored in to make it work properly, like Lag for instance, or if you have to be beside the person to launch the attack (grand cross anyone?) or would said person(s) have to time their attacks accordingly before you can do yours?.

A great idea, but I don't think it will would mesh that well.

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 15, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hm.... kinda reminds me of the PB blast in PSO. So it shouldn't be so hard to develop one.

omegabuild
Oct 15, 2005, 11:33 AM
they could do it fairly easily, but they probably wont. If they had such an interesting feature i think they would have spoken about by now.

FrozenFlame41
Oct 15, 2005, 12:02 PM
It could be done, but after playing melee jobs in FFXI doing a skillchain every 2 minutes for hours on end for months at a time, I am SICK of linking attacks(Team attacks) to make a special effect. Its OMFGBBQ cool at first, but after a while it gets tireing telling your members your ready, and syncronizing(I know I spelt this wrong) it for the effect all the time. I'd just like to be a loose melee cannon in a party and just rip the enemies a new asshole, instead of just hitting it monotonously and waiting for this linked attack

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:12 PM
I think team attacks would be interesting but I wouldn't do it much, and the spell combining was already talked about in the topic "PSU tech types" if you don't know already.

_Tek_
Oct 15, 2005, 06:23 PM
Remember the latest gauntlet legends game where you could do a partner attack. You jsut charged enough energy and then pressed a button, and you'd do a new attack with the nearest team mate. Perhaps it could work in PSU, but there's no evidence they'd implement that.

But that doesn't stop 3 people with double sabers from doing the windmill attack all at once. MAWHAWHAHW.

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 06:37 PM
On 2005-10-15 16:23, _Tek_ wrote:
Remember the latest gauntlet legends game where you could do a partner attack. You jsut charged enough energy and then pressed a button, and you'd do a new attack with the nearest team mate. Perhaps it could work in PSU, but there's no evidence they'd implement that.

But that doesn't stop 3 people with double sabers from doing the windmill attack all at once. MAWHAWHAHW.

Hahaha yeah all double saber attacks or 3 people using a Sword and surrounding a group of enemies and opening up a can of whoop arse.

Also the team attacks could be like Tales Of Symphonia where everybody on your team on the field would all attack as soon as a bar was built up from normal attacks and the team leader hit the R3 button or something.