PDA

View Full Version : psu and xbox

ZAP-X
Oct 16, 2005, 12:22 AM
will this ever come out for xbox

FrozenFlame41
Oct 16, 2005, 12:26 AM
It's only been announced for PS2 and PC. Who knows they may import it to another console later on like they did for Episode 1&2, but don't get your hopes up cause there aren't any announcements or even rumors for it.

Ancient
Oct 16, 2005, 12:45 AM
Sega has very subtly hinted that they would like to take it to other consoles. But I think they only said it just to tease all us poor PSOX'rs. WHY DO YOU HATE US SEGA?!

_Tek_
Oct 16, 2005, 03:38 AM
xbox 360 is your only chance.

Reenee
Oct 16, 2005, 08:03 PM
On 2005-10-16 01:38, _Tek_ wrote:

In like 3 years from now.

Badger-sama
Oct 16, 2005, 08:13 PM
On 2005-10-16 18:03, Reenee wrote:

On 2005-10-16 01:38, _Tek_ wrote:

In like 3 years from now.

And you'll have to pay for Xbox Live AND a Hunter's License.

Rion772
Oct 16, 2005, 09:22 PM
It would be pretty pointless to bother thinking about such an idea because it's pretty unlikely that PSU will be on Xbox also.

For example RE4 (Resident Evil 4) was made for GameCube and announced before it's release that it would be on PS2. I think that Sega would probably have announced that they had plans to make PSU for Xbox specifically as well.

Just my opinion.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 17, 2005, 12:10 PM
Well, your opinion sounds right. There's pretty much NO CHANCE of PSU coming out for XBOX.

Rion772
Oct 17, 2005, 02:14 PM
Well there is a chance of it happening, but the odds of that happening are so small it's not worth wasting your time hoping for such an occurance.

Quo
Oct 18, 2005, 08:25 AM
ST may release another version of PSU somewhere down the road. That could potentially be for another system.

OdinTyler
Oct 18, 2005, 08:51 AM
I think I waited long enough to reply to this post. According to what I read, ST was severely disappointed at how poorly PSO did on Xbox in Japan. But then, its an American-created system so I think theyd tend to stick to the various Japanese-originated systems. Ppl in Japan for the most part have shown to have 1 or more of the other systems & sales there are better.
I read up on an interview awhile back where someone said the PS2 was chosen because of a much wider & established base & it made more sense to choose it. PC is also a natural choice as many ppl have one & are moving towards PC games again. Sure, its not an impossibility, but I highly doubt the Xbox will get another PS game. I will admit the Xbox360 did look nice at the convention & could handle the game, no problem. Im not about to wait around for that version tho. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zelutos
Oct 18, 2005, 11:36 AM
i really wish people would stop asking such dumb questions over and over again http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 08:35 AM
On 2005-10-18 09:36, Zelutos wrote:
i really wish people would stop asking such dumb questions over and over again http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

LOL Agreed. Which is why I posted what I did.

Rion772
Oct 19, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-10-19 06:35, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2005-10-18 09:36, Zelutos wrote:

LOL Agreed. Which is why I posted what I did.

I have to agree with both of you, it's been said that PSU is coming out for PC and PS2 only, nothing else has been mentioned really. Yet there are still people asking "uhhhh is it coming out for Xbox or not?!". For us people who spend the time to keep up with updates here at psow I know other people like us active members get really annoyed too. I think people should seriously read all the posts that have to do with the system it's on or read the articles in IGN or something before they post about something this important. (and yes it is important because what system it's on makes all the difference in the world, PC can have better graphics, GC has less potential and ability to play such a good game, and Xbox is...junk, no offense to you active Xbox players, I just think PS2 and PC are the perfect systems for this game to be on.)

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 09:57 PM
Actually the Gamecube is graphically superior to the PS2. SOJ (Sega of Japan) said they switched over to appeal to a larger player base. If PS2 can handle PSU, GC could, np. I agree with Sega's admittance that more & more ppl want to play RPGs so they want to appeal to the fans. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 20, 2005, 04:51 AM
I'm pretty sure PS2 is the superior system here ty, mainly because atleast 2x more games come out for PS2 compared to GC. Now why would a publisher/producer want their game on a PS2 instead of GC??? if GC and PS2 are equal then why is the PS2 twice as popular.

NOTE: this is not the type of question I expect you to answer, it's meant to get you thinking, only answer if you feel obligated.

OdinTyler
Oct 20, 2005, 08:19 AM
1. I answered why a PS game is now on PS2. Its to touch on a larger fan base.

2. Graphically, the GC IS superior. Not an opinion, its a fact. Look at the stats of the systems & the games.

3. Whoever gets their system to market first has a greater chance of more support. Sony got the PS2 out a long time ago & therefore, got alot of games for their system.

For the record, I have just about every game system there is. Included in this list are PS2 & GC. Personally, Im glad that Ill be able to finally play broadband PS as PSO on GC for me is only dialup (I didnt have broadband at the time).

kazuma56
Oct 20, 2005, 12:02 PM
I'm glad they went the PS2 route this time because it actually forced ST to redesign the game engine, would I have wanted a PSU with PSO's game engine and old battle system?...absolutely not, I know if ST made it an X-box game or GC game they would just use the old engine in a new environment just to save their ass time on development.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-10-20 10:03 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Oct 22, 2005, 01:21 PM
On 2005-10-20 02:51, Rion772 wrote:
I'm pretty sure PS2 is the superior system here ty, mainly because atleast 2x more games come out for PS2 compared to GC. Now why would a publisher/producer want their game on a PS2 instead of GC??? if GC and PS2 are equal then why is the PS2 twice as popular.

NOTE: this is not the type of question I expect you to answer, it's meant to get you thinking, only answer if you feel obligated.

It is common knowledge that PS2 is least powerfull of the 3 current Gen Consoles.

As to why the PS2 has had more support from developers? Well to be honest, I don't know why.

I supose the main reason is the fact that Sony made gaming fashionable with the Playstaion. The PS1 sold well in Japan, it sold well in the US and it sold well in Europe. The same thing can be said about the PS2. Microsoft can't say the same thing about the X-Box ( sold well in the US, moderatly well in Europe and sold poorly in Japan ) and Nintendo can't say the same about the N64 or the Gamecube ( both sold well in Japan but did not fair very well in the the US or Europe ). Because there are more PS2 owners out there then GC or X-Box owners there are people out there to buy PS2 games.

That brings us right back to the topic.

There is always a chance that PSU will apear on another console somewhere down the line ( I doubt it will be the X-Box since that concole will become obsolete before 2006, it is more likely that it will apear on the X-Box360 ) but right now it is exclusive to the PS2 and the PC. Sonic Team have mentioned on numerous occasions why they have chose these 2 platforms so I don't have to go there ( OdinTyler pretty much summed it up ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2005-10-22 11:24 ]</font>

g00dman12
Oct 23, 2005, 06:10 PM
If they made PSU 4 Xbox it would have to be For the 360 becuz 30days tell the 360 comes out

PhruitBaskit
Oct 23, 2005, 09:59 PM
And...

::edit::What I meant was "And your point is..." Just because the 360 is coming out in 30 days, doesn't mean that a future xbox version of PSU has to come out on the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-10-24 13:59 ]</font>