PDA

View Full Version : Requirements?

Vortigun
Oct 22, 2005, 08:02 AM
Has there been any word on the PC specifications for PSU? I really wanna know... I have a GeForce 2 graphics card... do you think that will work?

DarK-SuN
Oct 22, 2005, 12:22 PM
Just the graphics card is not enough to know.
Supposedly it should work, but the CPU speed and ammount of RAM the PC has also matters.
A GeForce 2 should run PSU (it works for PSOBB at least), although it may not support certain pixel shader effects (because GeForce 2 doesn't have pixel shader support) PSU might require.

If you can be a bit more specific about your PC specs it may be easier to give you a more accurate estimate if your PC matches the probable requirements of PSU or not.

Vortigun
Oct 22, 2005, 02:07 PM
I have...

XP
256 MB of RAM
ADM Duron Processor (I dunno what that means...)
I have broadband, so my net is fine (I am pretty sure)...

If there is anything else you need to know...

Oh yeah my PC runs FFXI fine...

DarK-SuN
Oct 22, 2005, 03:32 PM
Missing the exact CPU speed, but Duron kinda indicates more or less what it may be.
Should run it, from an estimate point of view (and considering you say it runs FFXI acceptably).
Mind you, this is just an educated guess, God knows how it'll really be in the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-10-22 13:33 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
given it is also a ps2 game, you might expect that it will run on a mediocre 3-5 year old pc on lower specs.

PhotonCat
Oct 26, 2005, 01:24 PM
No PC specs are out at the moment, but it will most likely run on a 1.0+ ghz CPU, Geforce 2+ (not sure of the ATI equivilant), 256-512 RAM... somewhere along those lines.
The game definitly won't need a super pc to run even on high settings without lag/fps drop.

Blitzkommando
Oct 26, 2005, 08:59 PM
The only reason I think it might take a bit more to run is Sega's notorious past of having rather lackluster engines for their games. Really, it all depends on what a person finds acceptable. Some people find 16 bit color with no special effects and 640x480 as acceptable. Others, like myself, want everything enabled at 1280x1024. Again, if your machine can run Final Fantasy XI at an acceptable level for you, it should be able to run Phantasy Star Universe at an acceptable level for you.