PDA

View Full Version : PSU and it's changes online over time.

Rion772
Oct 30, 2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure if anyones posted this yet. From what i've read on this site it's been said that PSU will not be updated online because of something. I've read today in a Tips & Tricks book that "update's will be made on PSU throughout the years". Post anything that has to do with this here.

ANIMEniac
Oct 30, 2005, 07:14 PM
about 4 months ago i had read in EGM something like they wanted to put up something new every week like a quest or update. but i might have miss read it seeing as how im 4 months wiser now than i was back then.

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:28 PM
Its just delay tactics. Gives em time to come up with updates so we cant call them on 'taking too long.'

Transparent, they are. Get away with it, they will not. Hmmm?
-- Yoda

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 09:39 PM
Quote: "PSU features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years."

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:49 PM
Isnt that what I said? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Oct 31, 2005, 01:01 AM
it will be no different from pso

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 31, 2005, 02:06 AM
so a monthly release then.

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 05:51 AM
I just like the fact that the game experience will change over time. Will it be for better or worse though...

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 09:41 AM
Ultimately, thats up to us. Regardless of whether ST gives us updates, does regular server maintenance, etc, that we cannot control. What we can is how we deal with each other. We gotta make it a good play experience for ourselves & each other. Even if the game becomes routine (God forbid), the players can still make it worth it. It is OUR game afterall, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nash
Oct 31, 2005, 01:03 PM
The size and scope of the game seems a lot bigger than PSO, and with all the work that's been done for the offline game I think they'll have built in a lot of stuff to the online game that will be opened later.

I think you'll see a lot more things like the West Tower stuff in PSU, where new areas in the online game are revealed by quests. I definitely expect there will be more surprises and content than we got with PSO.

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah I agree, i'm postive they'll have things set up for us in the future.

1 thing that will piss me off is if they don't unlock some of the stuff and it's like the best stuff. An example is the Dark Flow stuff.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 05:00 PM
Yes, that was an absolute tease talking about the gene that shouldve allowed us to make the Dark Flow (or w/e it was called) weapon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Everyone talked about the gene, but, to my knowledge, no one was able to legitimately get one. Sure we all love mystery but if theres an item, we should at least have a real chance at obtaining any & all items in the game.

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 05:05 PM
I agree. It was really stupid of ST to even bother putting it in. If they thought they were going to unlock it for us then they should get off their arses and fix it so we can get it. It's really dumb to even put a weapon in the game that people can't use or even find legitamatly. That ST sure does make stupid mistakes...sometimes...not all that often...!

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 05:07 PM
Another thing Im getting sick of is the constant 'Mario, save me' type stuff. Rescuing ppl is getting REAL old! LOL I just hope when we rescue Ethan's sister, she doesnt up & die on us like Rico & Heathcliff did. If it happens a 3rd time, we might start to think we're jinxed or something! LOL

"If only we knew a year sooner...dammit..." http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 05:10 PM
Actually I blame rico's death on her. She was the one dumb enough to leave the Forest, and she was the one dumb enough to go near anything Falzy looking. I hope when ST adds things into the game over time they don't forget to add anything, not add something they were going to add, and don't add pointless stupid items.

Kaeorii
Oct 31, 2005, 06:12 PM
it only gets bad when you end up rescuing someone else and they say "I'm sorry, but your sister is in another castle/cave/whatever." ... then you know we're in trouble.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 31, 2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, that would definately mean trouble...I hope to see nothing like that in PSU ::thinks about how much that would suck and shivers:: I'm not sure if we'll see any of that, but I'm sure PSU will have plenty of rescueing going on.

ANIMEniac
Oct 31, 2005, 09:41 PM
i wonder how u will find ur sister. cause i doubt that if there are no "humanoids" that kidnaped her that she will be in captivity. and i dont think the enimies will be THAT much more intelegent. unless...

wait what is the topic? blast! dont tell me im off topic again. well i guess one thing leads to another.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 10:25 PM
The topic is changing content. Perhaps you rescue her & theres another qst where she gets kidnapped again or she goes off exploring & you have to go find her. DOH! Its entirely possible. Ive lost count of how many ppl Ive saved over the years. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ANIMEniac
Oct 31, 2005, 10:30 PM
On 2005-10-31 19:25, OdinTyler wrote:
The topic is changing content. Perhaps you rescue her & theres another qst where she gets kidnapped again or she goes off exploring & you have to go find her. DOH! Its entirely possible. Ive lost count of how many ppl Ive saved over the years. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i think my count is 58 1/2 (the one half being a noob hacker that ran into a circular room of 8 ob lilies ahead of us and,... well ya.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 10:35 PM
So wait, you mean you went in to save another player & you got handed? Hmmm. Actually, I meant ppl I save as part of a story, not necessarily players. Players would be a whole separate story altogether.

ANIMEniac
Oct 31, 2005, 10:52 PM
On 2005-10-31 19:35, OdinTyler wrote:
So wait, you mean you went in to save another player & you got handed? Hmmm. Actually, I meant ppl I save as part of a story, not necessarily players. Players would be a whole separate story altogether.

well no i went half into the room, saw the lilies then walked out. and if i subtract all the non-NPC's then id say 7+. wait! um i only saved rico and heathcliff's souls so thats 2/4 then all the quest... u no what 4get it. ive saved some lives in my day ok!

Sinue_v2
Oct 31, 2005, 10:57 PM
Actually I blame rico's death on her. She was the one dumb enough to leave the Forest, and she was the one dumb enough to go near anything Falzy looking.

You do know Dark Falz has a way of... manipulating... people. He's not some crazy out of control monster... he's intelligent and calculating, and most of all - he's caniving. He uses others to get his way. There's countless examples in the previous PS games, and it can even be argued that he manipulated Osto and the other scientists aboard Pioneer 1. Perhaps Beta 772's release wasn't as accidental as it seemed. He certainly was controlling Ult - who for the most part, seemed to be acting under her own free will. He didn't necessarily control her - but he whispered to her, put ideas into her head. This is quite possibly the same thing that happened to Rico, and why she continued forward when she could have easily waited for backup from Pioneer 2.

As for the new content... I'm sure there's going to be quite a lot of information on the disk we don't have access to right away. They'll stagger that stuff out, and release quests which re-use areas and monsters in new ways. They may also choose to download content changes to the memory card, similar to how EverQuest Online Adventures did. Once the have enough really new content - they're re-release PSU and get us to buy it all over again. Probably on a next-gen console.

OdinTyler
Nov 1, 2005, 01:31 AM
You bring up some interesting points. Yes, Darkfalz is known for his manipulation but it didnt do so for everyone. From what we have read about Dr. Hyle, he was very much in control of himself. He was a man, free of will, & insane. Doing the will of evil made it worse but he chose what he did. Rico was overcome somehow & Flowen...well, we know he was the lone survivor of an atk, only to be possessed/infected & didnt have much of a choice in the matter. Darkfalz doesnt always seem to take control of someone as much as tap into a being's fears, anger, or other emotions, & magnify them. Any wonder you feel so good when you finally mop the floor with a Darkfalz?

Sinue_v2
Nov 1, 2005, 04:54 AM
From what we have read about Dr. Hyle, he was very much in control of himself. He was a man, free of will, & insane.

As were the Earthlings, Rulakair, Lassic, Zio, and many others.

Darkfalz doesnt always seem to take control of someone as much as tap into a being's fears, anger, or other emotions, & magnify them.

Exactly... this is what he did to Ult in my example. He doesn't generally possess people and make them act out his will. He's more subtle than that. He whispers to people... amplifies the emotions and dispositions of his victims, drawing out what is already there.

Neifirst is a great example. She was used by Dark Force to cause the plauge of Bio-Monsters on Motavia. While she was still racked with anger and hatred towards humanity - Dark Force amplified those feelings, and perhaps even seeded the idea in her mind to send the voltage spikes to the Biosystem's lab. He wanted the monster outbreak to occur, and Neifirst was simply a pawn in this endevour - serving his will by seeking her own personal revenge in trying to kill as many humans as she could.

The desire was already there.. both by her design as a disposable bio-soldier, and by her experiences as a tortured lab experiment.

OdinTyler
Nov 1, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-11-01 01:54, Sinue_v2 wrote:
As were the Earthlings, Rulakair, Lassic, Zio, and many others.

Darkfalz doesnt always seem to take control of someone as much as tap into a being's fears, anger, or other emotions, & magnify them.

Exactly... this is what he did to Ult in my example. He doesn't generally possess people and make them act out his will. He's more subtle than that. He whispers to people... amplifies the emotions and dispositions of his victims, drawing out what is already there.

Neifirst is a great example. She was used by Dark Force to cause the plauge of Bio-Monsters on Motavia. While she was still racked with anger and hatred towards humanity - Dark Force amplified those feelings, and perhaps even seeded the idea in her mind to send the voltage spikes to the Biosystem's lab. He wanted the monster outbreak to occur, and Neifirst was simply a pawn in this endevour - serving his will by seeking her own personal revenge in trying to kill as many humans as she could.

The desire was already there.. both by her design as a disposable bio-soldier, and by her experiences as a tortured lab experiment.

The humans are so easily controlled in 1 form or another by a Darkfalz. With most humans, he would speak to them but there have been instances where they were just possessed (the Govr. in PS1). Ult, I fully agree. She was upset but to a point knew what was going on. She fought the pull to go below & was forced to destroy herself.
Neifirst I have to disagree on. Mother Brain created Neifirst to start the 'plague' as you said of Biomonsters, much like the T-Virus laden leeches of Resident Evil Zero. Her sole purpose was to create & destroy. Somehow she 'malfunctioned' & a part of her split off, the part we know & love as Nei. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif She fought her dark side & won...to a point. True, one could say Darkfalz used Mother Brain & yes, thats entirely possible. What I see about Neifirst is that she was half monster, but half human. Fighting her own inner demon (Neifirst) was a very HUMAN fight, one we each must endure in our lifetimes. The word Nei may mean 'The human that was not human' but Nei proved to be more human than many others & that is why her death is tragic...& must be avenged...

Sinue_v2
Nov 1, 2005, 01:49 PM
Neifirst I have to disagree on. Mother Brain created Neifirst to start the 'plague' as you said of Biomonsters, much like the T-Virus laden leeches of Resident Evil Zero

Neifirst was created by the Earthlings, actually, though they used Mother Brain's control over the BioSystems lab to make her. She wasn't really a "catalyst" character... she was a prototype of supersoldier the Earthlings were breeding in order to help their invasion of Algol. They were an army instinctually feral enough to be killers without needing training, and could be raised to combat readyness in less than two year - and then, die shortly thereafter leaving the worlds empty and ripe for conquest.

If Mother Brain had wanted to create Biomonsters - it would have been simple enough to just create the voltage spikes herself and attribute it to system malfunction.

Then, as you know... SEED later, under his own volition, resumed the Numan Project, but this time perfected the genetic code to make them breeding partners with Humans so that they could adapt to the changing Motavian climate.

Rion772
Nov 1, 2005, 04:11 PM
On 2005-11-01 10:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Neifirst I have to disagree on. Mother Brain created Neifirst to start the 'plague' as you said of Biomonsters, much like the T-Virus laden leeches of Resident Evil Zero

Neifirst was created by the Earthlings, actually, though they used Mother Brain's control over the BioSystems lab to make her. She wasn't really a "catalyst" character... she was a prototype of supersoldier the Earthlings were breeding in order to help their invasion of Algol. They were an army instinctually feral enough to be killers without needing training, and could be raised to combat readyness in less than two year - and then, die shortly thereafter leaving the worlds empty and ripe for conquest.

If Mother Brain had wanted to create Biomonsters - it would have been simple enough to just create the voltage spikes herself and attribute it to system malfunction.

Then, as you know... SEED later, under his own volition, resumed the Numan Project, but this time perfected the genetic code to make them breeding partners with Humans so that they could adapt to the changing Motavian climate.

This topic isn't about that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif. Stay on topic.

I wonder if new places will be added to PSU as the years go on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-01 13:13 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:15 AM
That was one of the points of PSII. Mother Brain DID create Neifirst. Its well established in the storyline. Neifirst was to be used to create other monsters & HER creation was masked by a 'system malfunction.' Yes, one could say the Earthmen were responsible. They constructed MotherBrain. However, technically, MB was the one DIRECTLY responsible. She had an advanced AI, capable of independent thought (tho influenced by the Earthmen, & without a doubt, Darkfalz).
It would seem OVER TIME, ppl are forgetting that fact. I hope that OVER TIME it does not happen in PSU. Yes, Im staying on topic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 01:43 PM
Ugh, your posts are too long for me to read! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 03:28 PM
Well sorry. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I cant make em one word only or someone might yell at me. Cant have that now. Also, if I break up my posts into much smaller ones, Rion might start up on me again! LOL

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 07:50 PM
I was just kidding. Nothing wrong with long posts, right? I mean they're the best! Now if only... ::starts pondering:: LOL

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:29 PM
Now, how did the line go in PSII?

"This floor really seems to"
(the cut off sentence when you examine the floor underwater)

I think Rolf stopped to...um...ponder? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 3, 2005, 01:27 PM
Ahh yes, stopping to ponder. It's what all the geniuses do http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ::ponders::