PDA

View Full Version : Trick o' Treaters

TheOneHero
Oct 31, 2005, 04:00 PM
PD ~ "DON'T DO SLEEP AND GET 8 HOURS OF DRUGS!" says:
whats up?
Kitten Kitten? says:
not much, waiting for alyssa to get here (somewhere within the next 30 or so minutes)
Kitten Kitten? says:
we're passing out candy to the annoying little brats in my neighborhood
Kitten Kitten? says:
now, don't get me wrong, I like kids, but these are the devil incarnates
Kitten Kitten? says:
O_O
Kitten Kitten? says:
they pound on the door, and ring the doorbell every 2 miliseconds; stick their face to the glass and whine. Even when they see me coming to the door, they STILL RING THE FRICKIN' DOORBELL
Kitten Kitten? says:
For every kid that does that, I'm either gonna:
A. give them the finger and walk away.
B. Give them a piece of candy then take their bag.
C. Yell at them.
D. All of the above
Kitten Kitten? says:
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

That about sums stuff up; usually when I pass out candy (at least everywhere else I've been) people were generally nice, with no more than a dozen jerks among the many people we get.

That changed last year; we moved to Michigan not even a week before halloween, and I decided to pass out candy as my parents went with my sister Trick o' Treating.

Nearly every person that rang the doorbell was a brat ranging from ages 3-17

Sure, I got a few nice people, but everyone else lacked in so much frickin' respect.

No, I don't have to give you candy.
No, you're aren't going to die if you don't get one tootsie roll; so stop acting like it.
I'm not you're frickin' slave, ready to bend to your will just because you rang the doorbell.

Neith
Oct 31, 2005, 04:04 PM
haha, we've just had some too. Fine, don't mind them knocking on Hallowe'en night, but these are a joke:

1) Knocking in late August will not get you anything. Hallowe'en is in October, not August.

2) Dressing in soccer kit with a mask doesn't tend to get you anything either.

But the best of all:

3) Don't open the letterbox and scream through 'OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!' That, my friend, will get you nowhere, except on a swift trip to the cells for the night http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ah, Hallowe'en, the greatest commercial joke ever. >_>

What a damned shame.

TheOneHero
Oct 31, 2005, 04:07 PM
On 2005-10-31 13:04, UrikoBB3 wrote:
3) Don't open the letterbox and scream through 'OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!' That, my friend, will get you nowhere, except on a swift trip to the cells for the night http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm glad we don't have a letterbox. :3

Some punk did that here, it'd cause le toh to pull out his paintball gun and fire tootsie rolls at the sucker.

KodiaX987
Oct 31, 2005, 04:14 PM
I stopped giving out candy altogether. The people we'd get anyway would be 16 or 17 year old idiots who weren't even dressed up. Well - they claimed they were disguised as bums but you take a quick look into their mind to quickly find out all they want is the entire freakin' bowl of candy.

Nowadays, we do get people that still come and ring, even though all the lights are off and there are no decorations on our home. Thankfully, they don't insist.

tbmes11
Oct 31, 2005, 04:34 PM
In my younger days me and some buddies trick or treated at a house that gave out toothbrush. For the next 3 years I don't think I ever saw any kids trick or treat at that house.

SpikeOtacon
Oct 31, 2005, 11:08 PM
This year a lot of the neighborhood was quiet and wasn't giving out candy. My family was one of the few on our street giving out the candy, and the kids that came to our door were quite rude, pushy, and ungrateful. It's a good goddamn thing there weren't more than what there was.

ABDUR101
Oct 31, 2005, 11:51 PM
The prick-ish kids are the number one reason people don't give out anymore.

Growing up, you were always polite and kind while trick-or-treating, always saying thank you and wishing the person well when you leave, and you were grateful for anything they gave.

I'm glad I've lived back a dead-end road that no one ever gives candy, I haven't had to deal with punks and pricks.

Although I'm reminded of many fond halloweens now. Expecially one where we went to a local trailerpark, and the one trailer had a VERY elaborate scare scene on their porch. You approach, smoke starts billowing around the porch, with a neon-blue strobe light lighting it all up, you get startled by someone coming out of the smoke from within the house who gives you candy, then as you walk down the steps off the porch, someone screams and grabs your ankles. =]

For such a small porch, it was well orchestrated.

Sharkyland
Nov 1, 2005, 12:21 AM
After working 11 hours at work, I come home dead tired and no candy to give out. I kinda slept through it, but it did feel like there was a lot of children out today.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 1, 2005, 03:48 AM
On 2005-10-31 20:51, ABDUR101 wrote:

Growing up, you were always polite and kind while trick-or-treating, always saying thank you and wishing the person well when you leave, and you were grateful for anything they gave.

Although I'm reminded of many fond halloweens now. Expecially one where we went to a local trailerpark, and the one trailer had a VERY elaborate scare scene on their porch. You approach, smoke starts billowing around the porch, with a neon-blue strobe light lighting it all up, you get startled by someone coming out of the smoke from within the house who gives you candy, then as you walk down the steps off the porch, someone screams and grabs your ankles. =]

For such a small porch, it was well orchestrated.

I went trick or treating with my punko 14 year old friends for what should be the last time in my life ever(unless I have kids or something) a few years back when I was 17.

I didn't feel like going, but didn't want them to get beat up or mugged like I did when I was 13 in the same neighborhood. We came across some people with paintball guns as well- and too much macho attitude.

I didn't feel right having people give me candy for free and always said please and thank you to them- knowing how people treated me when I passed out candy at my house previous years. "Gimme another for my cousin, he's over there!"

Tell him to come get it himself(if he exists). No need to be greedy, you're getting candy for free, even if you ran across our lawn and made a mess.

But those little kids who could barely walk dressed head to toe like pumpkins were cute. You HAVE TO give them tons of candy. THEY DESERVE it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That porch set up sounds very cool. I have seen things like that in the past as well. Very decorative, very detailed and set up nicely. Its fun when the people jump up out of coffins or their front lawn- lying down, or in chairs, and chase people.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 1, 2005, 07:57 AM
We had a few Trick or Treaters here, which was a surprise for us seeing as I live in the UK where Halloween isnt really noticed too much (well, in the last five years its picked up a bit). So thus my flatmates found out that my dislike/semi-fear of people in costumes had spread to Kids in Halloween costumes now. They could understand me not liking the people at Theme Parks dressed in suits (They are kinda like clowns), but Dan couldnt stop laughing when I went and hid in the kitchen because of the second bunch of Kids.

Lamest phobia ever, least the Kids were polite to my flatmates.

Derek0660
Nov 1, 2005, 06:38 PM
Dan

Dan Fielding, by chance?

DLShAdOw
Nov 2, 2005, 09:01 PM
oh i loved halloween this year, it was the first year that i actually tried with my costume, i was a ninja. i wore my mom's black loose graduation robes, carried around a sword, and wraped some cloth around my head, exposing only my eyes. the fun part was when some punks stole my friend's scooter, so he threw some fireworks at them and they started coming after us. here's the best part, as they aprroach i step out of the shadows and stand in front of them, resting my sword on my shoulders. it was great, they just stopped and stared at me laughing and joking, but you knew they were afraid, which is why they walked away. it was hilarious.

Otis_Kat
Nov 3, 2005, 06:01 AM
I had like 20 trick or treaters at my house, thankfully the people in my area arnt too much of jerks, except for one guy.

I knew him from school and he was a HUGE asshole. I was outside in the back of my house when he came and he starts slamming on the door and screaming,"IF YOU DONT OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW ILL !$@@^(*&^86@65!~! KILL YOU!." I snuck up the side of my house when he was looking the other way and I pulled out my big manly knife. I was in the shadow of a tree and when he turned around all he saw was a shadow and my arm sticking out with a knife held up to him. He feel down and started screaming in horror so after 10 seconds I threw a 3 muskateer's bar at his head.