PDA

View Full Version : Ethan's Outfit

vox3om
Nov 2, 2005, 05:05 PM
Ethan's outfit freakin' reminds me of that DC game Jet Grind Radio..does anyone else see it? maybe a little bit of Mac from SSX3?

Well lets vote...who likes it? and who hates it?

Rion772
Nov 2, 2005, 05:29 PM
On 2005-11-02 14:05, vox3om wrote:
Ethan's outfit freakin' reminds me of that DC game Jet Grind Radio..does anyone else see it? maybe a little bit of Mac from SSX3?

Well lets vote...who likes it? and who hates it?

Did you feel the need to post this twice...

I don't mind his suit.

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 08:46 PM
lol a belly button is just a scar. but it looks more Jet Set-ish to me. In the first vid he dressed with a press of the botton on his wrist. man that would solve me getting to school late on several occasions.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 09:11 PM
I know a belly button is just a scar, but does he have to expose it? How about FINISHING buttoning up your shirt, Ethan? And he got dressed with the push of a button on his wrist? What video was that in? I didn't see it but it that sounds freakin' cool. One of those would definately solve getting to school late...On some occasions http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 09:42 PM
yea he is running out of his apartment and jumps off his balcony. he lands on his hover board and as he zips away he presses the button and his clothes materialize PS style

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:05 PM
Its a skater/conservative raver/hip hop walking style. I dont have a prob with it. Cool in my book. Not gonna say I love it but its fine.

CherryLunar
Nov 2, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-11-02 14:05, vox3om wrote:
Ethan's outfit freakin' reminds me of that DC game Jet Grind Radio..

What was wrong with Jet Grind Radio, Hm? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AzureBlaze
Nov 2, 2005, 11:49 PM
One day...
After getting tired of hearing so many updates about offline, and ST not posting up enuff online stuff we got mad at Ethan and called him

"Belly-Shirt Bobo, the offline hobo"

This then turned to a conversation of the capeability of "Tarting up the men".
Which, as you know on PSO a lot of the female outfits had no choice but to trot them out nearly nude or wearing inappropriate lingere` into a bloody battle. The males, unfairly did not have this same option...but will PSU change this? Does anyone want it to? I feel there should be all options for everyone to do whatever they want. It adds variety and makes it cooler. If you want to look like a nerd, a ho, a conservitive, a beauty, a warrior, a tacky person or whatever, you should be able to make the choice not someone out there limiting your outfits due to their tastes. Coolness is in the eye of the beholder.
Fortunatly, it looks like ST had the same idea of "More options=cooler design", and PSU will be a new era in customization!

Of course, this whole thing took a great fall when someone shouted "tart up the puppy-man" and everyone ran for the hills. (Because, you know, that if an option is out there, someone will do it.)

Blitzkommando
Nov 3, 2005, 12:00 AM
I can't say I particularly care for his outfit, as I don't, but it isn't so offensive that I won't play the singleplayer. It just seem silly that hundreds (or thousands) of years into the future he cannot have a shirt that buttons properly. Style I suppose, but I don't care seeing it on women, much less men. Afterall, the navel is the lint-trap of the body.

Shadow_OoR
Nov 3, 2005, 05:15 AM
Yeah his outfits not the GREATEST thing, but it is futuristic, I mean I'd totally be wearing it in 50 years.... well.. maybe not. But his clothes fit the story, he could use a white undershirt though...

lostinseganet
Nov 3, 2005, 05:40 AM
I can not stand the belly button. If they got rid of that then it would be alot better.

Luce
Nov 3, 2005, 07:43 AM
his outfits great very classic id say and ive never noticed the belly button but what disturbs me is his hair...

OdinTyler
Nov 3, 2005, 09:20 AM
"Belly-Shirt Bobo, the offline hobo"

??? LMAO Thats hilarious!

Seriously tho guys, theres lots of chars you can pick on how they dress. The important thing is the story, really. I agree with how ppl will dress the way they want. We may not agree with it, but, just be glad one can explore ways to make their char unique. Im glad theres this much customization you can add to your char. I too never noticed the belly button. As a guy, thats not something I look for in another guy. Unfortunately now, Im gonna end up noticing it. Thanks guys! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Luce
Nov 3, 2005, 05:05 PM
yes how would u notice it unless u were in fact looking for it?

OdinTyler
Nov 3, 2005, 05:07 PM
Well since its been brought up, its gonna end up finding me. AAAAAH! LOL

Nai_Calus
Nov 3, 2005, 08:48 PM
Oh please. Nobody bitches about Karen's non-existant skirt or Mirei's half a kimono over a fucking bathing suit. 9_9

OH NOES A GUY'S BELLYBUTTON EWWWWWWWWWWW GROSS.

Grow up. 9_9

Guys don't have to constantly cover every inch of their bodies. XP

Neither do women need to bare all of their bodies. Alis Landale wore actual clothing and looked good doing it, so did Alys Brangwin. Do we REALLY need everyone to dress like Nei? XP

Zaphile
Nov 4, 2005, 12:35 AM
I like Ethan's outfit, and the whole belly button thing: it shocked me. I ASSUMED that PSU would be just another game where the males are totally covered up while the females wear close to nothing. ( Like HUnewearls, Mithra, etc. ). I'm glad PSU so far isn't like that, I've seen some pretty cute outfits for player characters that I really like and most likely will use, as well as Ethan's.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 09:10 PM
I guess if you look at the whole belly button thing THAT way it doesn't seem too bad. Another first for PSU...Men showing skin...Maybe not a great first but it's a first http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It's good for a game to be different and as far as we've seen, PSU is as good as it gets. And please, don't clone Ethan's outfit...Don't be lame

Parn
Nov 4, 2005, 10:01 PM
This is hardly something PSU is doing first, bro. Your character could run around in Ultima Online in nothing but the modern equivalent of a cloth diaper. This extends to other online games as well... Anarchy Online, World of Warcraft, etc.

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 10:42 PM
In Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 you could strip your char to their undergarments & run around like that. Not safe, but, good for a laugh. The elf sorceress looks hot in her 'unmentionables', but, you really wanna do it for the dwarf. You havent laughed til youve seen a male dwarf named Kromlech, running around while youre thinking:

Holy Kromlech's diaper!!!

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 01:11 AM
the funny thing is that if Ethan went completly shirtless it might be a different story, bacause then it would be like he is just goin Bruce Lee.i remember this in another thread but what if u could go topless(male) and throw down mono-a-mono with some godhands. and nunchucks...

Nai_Calus
Nov 5, 2005, 05:55 AM
Yeah, what's UP with PSO's male costumes? FOnewms are the least-dressed PSO male class... Because you can see all of their hands! HUmars? Covered from the neck down. RAmars? Neck down, and some of them ABOVE the neck, too. FOmars? Neck down except their fingers. Sheesh.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 09:42 AM
OMG! You can see someone's entire hands? Such controversy! (rolls eyes)

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 12:29 PM
Ya better tell him to put some gloves on! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 03:20 PM
my problem was that the males(not Forces or casts) all looked like spandex heros. ant they run like they have something stiff in their armpit. (aprox. 2/5 people who read this post will become self concious about their running next they are on PSO)

vox3om
Nov 5, 2005, 03:36 PM
HAHAHA Sooo true!

The graphics will hopefully get rid of those things.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 06:52 PM
Well then, maybe they should take off the football player pads & then youll get more free range of motion when moving in PSO. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 08:07 PM
It's sp far into the future that the football player pads shouldn't affect there arms...It's just that high tech http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 11:19 PM
Well, apparently it still affects them. As for Ethan, he seems to have fairly loose fitting clothing so he gets good range of motion. He can haul ass on screen. Youll see. That is, when hes not using a huge sword. Then, hes SUPER slow. Like 2 layers of football player armor slow. LOL

PhruitBaskit
Nov 6, 2005, 12:25 PM
But it shouldn't. Another good thing about Ethan's attire...It looks good and it has a GREAT range of motion http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It makes him super fast too! And if a large sword really slows him down, he should get one that's made of some light weight metal...Light means might!

Zaphile
Nov 7, 2005, 09:46 PM
Well, personally I like it, but it'd be intresting to see what else Sonic Team could cook up.

( Hopefully anything better than Bronze Subligar / Bronze Harness set from Final Fantasy XI. ) ...

Lovejuice
Nov 8, 2005, 07:42 AM
Ethan's cossie really doesn't bother me all that much, I mean, which RPG lead male to come out of Japan doesn't look like a fresh-faced pretty boy? Aside from the whole twisty belt down the leg, his outfit is actually pretty simple, compared to say, the ridiculously excessive outfits to recently be pumped out by Nomura for recent Final Fantasy installments.

Leo's outfit however... <3 <3

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 12:20 PM
Leo? *investigates*...

[EDIT]
...Hmm. Leo is OK, but definatly prefer Ethan. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaphile on 2005-11-08 09:24 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 01:55 PM
I think the outfits OK (excluding that shirt). I hope we can mess with his clothes a bit though.

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 02:27 PM
lol It's a shame there's so much hate for the sexy shirt!!