PDA

View Full Version : One in a million

anwserman
Nov 3, 2005, 10:44 PM
http://www.ironwooddailyglobe.com/1101ladw.htm

Just found out that one of my classmate's sister died at age 22 due to Yellow Fever vaccination - why, now, did she get this vaccination?

She was going down to a country to help build a school.

God. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Kuea
Nov 3, 2005, 11:05 PM
I... really don't know what to say u.u

to be one of a million for that to happen...

she sounded like she had so much goign on for her life as well http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

it's so sad that she's gone now

I hpe her family and friends are okay http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Nov 3, 2005, 11:19 PM
"Why do bad things happen to good people" is entirely dependent on what you beleive.

If you beleive in God, it's to test those involved in their faith, if it waivers when bad things happen or if they hold strong.

If you don't beleive in God, well bad shit happens to good people, because the universe of known creation is just that random and is entirely unbiased. I'm sure, somewhere, when life sprung up on the earth, someone at some unknown point in existance said "WRY GOD?! WRYYYYY?!"

Entirely toned down responses respectively, because I don't care to type more than this.

Dangerous55
Nov 4, 2005, 09:46 AM
So they knew it could happen? They just figured it, wouldnt? If so that is bad policy.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 4, 2005, 11:17 AM
Vaccinations are a curse and a blessing. Its like playing the damn russian roulette but knowing that either way you are damned.

Its like when all of sudden your body just "decides" to be allergic to eggs as your munching on a delicious ommellete.

No one knows when our time will come. But Ill quote myself here: "Life is determined by the way you die". Think of it what you may.

I sympathize with the loss.

Otis_Kat
Nov 4, 2005, 08:04 PM
I play russian roullete with a fully loaded gun............. >.> When you get the bullet do you win or do you lose?

Anyway back on topic, Iv seen that happen to a kid at my school once >.> he just dropped dead in class... quite tramatising when you're 7 years old and your classmate isnt moving when you poke him.

Daikarin
Nov 5, 2005, 04:37 AM
On 2005-11-04 08:17, Scejntjynahl wrote:
No one knows when our time will come. But Ill quote myself here: "Life is determined by the way you die". Think of it what you may.

Remember that thread, where a guy was showing how a gun works at some kids, pointed it at his head and shot himself, because he didn't check to see if it was loaded?

You think his whole life was summed in that single moment of distraction?

If anyone says he died in an idiotic way, think back on all the distractions you made. How many of them costed you your life? None. That's the difference between you and that guy.

If an old man dies of a disease, does that mean his life was dishonorable?

Kinda pathetic to judge one's life on a single moment that may go against your will, eh? No, your life is determined on how you react to obstacles, what decisions you make, and ultimately, how you live, in the first place.

How can dying serve to judge one's life? Are you referring to warriors who died by the same weapons they use?

We're not on that age anymore, and the only place where people believe in that is in anime shows.

End of file.

navci
Nov 5, 2005, 11:11 AM
The moral of the story: Don't try to make a difference, don't do the right things. Don't try to help others.

Er. That is a pretty sucky moral.
My sincere condolences, Jeff.

I guess, maybe this is the moral: The world is not just. No matter what you do, death will come randomly. But then again, I don't believe in death as the end of everything. I believe that it is another journey that you take.

Er. I have lost my point.

Parn
Nov 5, 2005, 11:22 AM
On 2005-11-04 06:46, Dangerous55 wrote:
So they knew it could happen? They just figured it, wouldnt? If so that is bad policy.
Hardly. You could choke on your food during your next meal, but you figure you won't anyways, and so you'll probably eat like you always do.

There's a potential risk with just about anything we do. This outcome really sucks, but it is honestly no one's fault.