PDA

View Full Version : N00b posters

Ness
Sep 6, 2002, 06:31 PM
Man, it seems like everyday there's a topic or post that should be or is locked. When I look to see who did it it's usualyy a newbie. They are wasting our time and space. We should find some way to educate them. It wouldn't be so bad if we only had a few n00bs, but 20 something n00bs showed up at the same time and did the same stupid thing not learning from each others or their own mistakes.
In closure, n00bs should be taught the way of this forum and should stop making all these spam post and topics.

FinalMasterM
Sep 6, 2002, 08:01 PM
This must be a prime example, correct?

Ness
Sep 7, 2002, 09:47 AM
Ouch. No. This is the place where I vent myself.

Spy
Sep 7, 2002, 04:53 PM
On 2002-09-06 16:31, Ness wrote:
Man, it seems like everyday there's a topic or post that should be or is locked. When I look to see who did it it's usualyy a newbie. They are wasting our time and space. We should find some way to educate them. It wouldn't be so bad if we only had a few n00bs, but 20 something n00bs showed up at the same time and did the same stupid thing not learning from each others or their own mistakes.
In closure, n00bs should be taught the way of this forum and should stop making all these spam post and topics.

I've been saying this shit for months before you joined. And guess what, as the game launches in the US it's only going to get worse!

Shadow_Blade
Sep 7, 2002, 05:06 PM
I know post totals don't always mean if someone is a newb or not, but maybe it would be a good idea if new members can't make any new topics intill a certain post number. (aka 50,100)

Or maybe just a new fourm that newbs can ask any question.

Spy
Sep 7, 2002, 05:09 PM
I like what the mods did with the "hello new members" thread. "Hello my name is buttmunch and I'm new" posts always got to me.

RavenTW
Sep 7, 2002, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but not all of the newbies get that. We should put up an ad in the middle of the site for when somone firsts visits the Off Topic thread, to remind them to introduce yourself in the New Members thread. Or somthing similar.

Spy
Sep 7, 2002, 08:31 PM
On 2002-09-07 18:22, RavenTW wrote:
Yeah, but not all of the newbies get that. We should put up an ad in the middle of the site for when somone firsts visits the Off Topic thread, to remind them to introduce yourself in the New Members thread. Or somthing similar.

Or... we could... just not allow any more members! Yeah!

Uber_Rappy
Sep 8, 2002, 03:21 AM

bah, it seems that not so long ago u were a newb also

Spy
Sep 8, 2002, 03:58 AM
On 2002-09-08 01:21, Uber_Rappy wrote:

Gee, why don't you throw him in a concentration camp or something, NAZI???

Deathscythealpha
Sep 8, 2002, 10:11 AM
How about a N00B kindergarten Forum, where their allowed to make as many practice threads as they want until they are able to go out into the the big PSO World.

Or just ignore there threads untill they come up with something interesting.

RavenTW
Sep 8, 2002, 01:17 PM

Posts by Ness: 520+. Posts by newbie: 3.

Do I honestly have to say more?

hollowtip
Sep 8, 2002, 11:33 PM

Man it seems like everyday one of these lame topics comes up. It's just too bad really, seems like it's always the idiots creating them. Who cares if Newb's create stupid topics. Is visiting PSOW everyday the highlight of your life or something?

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 12:25 AM

GJ n00b >:O

Ness
Sep 9, 2002, 06:29 AM
On 2002-09-07 15:06, Shadow_Blade wrote:
I know post totals don't always mean if someone is a newb or not, but maybe it would be a good idea if new members can't make any new topics intill a certain post number. (aka 50,100)

Or maybe just a new fourm that newbs can ask any question.

I agree. This may reduce the amount of retarded post on this forum.

ABDUR101
Sep 9, 2002, 07:27 AM
Durdur dur..nurnurnurnur..you can take the newb out of the forum, but you'll never take the idiot out of the newb.

It's just something that needs to be learned first hand through trial and error, thats what it takes to be accepted into the forum.

haterade
Sep 9, 2002, 03:53 PM
Why does this thread seem so...hypocritical?Bah, what do I know? I'm just a guy with rubber girlfriends.

Guile
Sep 11, 2002, 12:03 AM
This is a damn mean forum ....everyone always hates new people even at a time they were new...

Does a locked topic really piss you off that much?

Why don't they just lock this damn forum up and only keep the people that have an account now...

Good ol' rubber girlfriends

Ness
Sep 11, 2002, 06:45 AM

It's comments like this that prove my point. Sure it's not as bad as some, but other n00bs make topics just to say stuff like this. Thanks Uber_Rappy for providing us with an example.

Edit
Looks like Greg got banned again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-09-11 04:48 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 11, 2002, 07:03 AM
On 2002-09-11 04:45, Ness wrote:
Looks like Greg got banned again.

I can name at least ten people that deserve a banning moreso than Greg.

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2002, 07:35 AM
*takes out pencil and notepad*

Who? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shrevn
Sep 14, 2002, 12:06 AM
Come on now... give the lil buggers a chance... *cough*
Althoug i hate em myself- You gotta remember you were a n00b t00 s0 just let them be...

Kent- As your lawyer i advice you not to answer that question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wobba on 2002-09-13 22:08 ]</font>

Ness
Sep 14, 2002, 10:16 AM
On 2002-09-13 22:06, wobba wrote:
Come on now... give the lil buggers a chance... *cough*
Althoug i hate em myself- You gotta remember you were a n00b t00 s0 just let them be...

Kent- As your lawyer i advice you not to answer that question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wobba on 2002-09-13 22:08 ]</font>

Hmm maybe you're right.

merlin
Sep 14, 2002, 07:18 PM
The fact is that this is a forum where everyone has a right to their opinions, newbs included. After all, every last one of us started at post #1, and probably thought to ourselves "they're gonna think that my post is dumb".....and yeah, lots of our posts WERE dumb. You REALLY should have been here near the start of this place. More stupid-ass questions than you could count. But you gotta start somewhere.

Forums have mods and admins. But those people can't be expected to do everything. A forum has to police it's own. The atmosphere of a forum is a direct reflection of it's members.

You are what you post.

hollowtip
Sep 14, 2002, 10:04 PM
On 2002-09-14 17:18, merlin wrote:
After all, every last one of us started at post #1, and probably thought to ourselves "they're gonna think that my post is dumb".....and yeah, lots of our posts WERE dumb.

Well as we all have started at post #1, when I started posting, everyone was a Newb, and nothing was a stupid question.

Cube
Sep 16, 2002, 08:30 AM
Bleh. Your all n00bs to me!
<--points to Registered date...
Damn kids!

*grabs Cane*
*gimps away*

KodiaX987
Sep 16, 2002, 09:55 AM
On 2002-09-14 17:18, merlin wrote:
You are what you post.

So that means I'm just a bunch of letters arranged into words? SACRILEGE!!! That means I would be able to morph at will into a picture, a Flash file, or even a PHP page!

*Imagines the world composed of web stuff, because we are what we post.*

*Also imagines WC being an incomprehensible form of the words "Ketchup Chips" copy-pasted into a human shape*

O.O;;;

Die, infidel!!
---------------------------------------------

Jokes aside (no kidding!) the sooner you un-n00b, the godlier you get! =O

merlin
Sep 16, 2002, 07:16 PM
Hey......and don't forget. This place is going to be CRAWLING with newbs that have never hoisted a spread needle before IN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES!!!

Newb: I heard that you hafta feed that mag-thingie. Is it true? Where do I get the food?

Newb: I died and my weapon is gone. What happened?

Newb: Why can't I kill anything? I found a special sword that says -30 beside it. Is it good?

Newb: I jumped onto that square warper thingie and it asked if I was ready so I pressed YES. When I landed I was all alone and there was this big dragon. I died.

This is what makes forums fun.

haterade
Sep 16, 2002, 11:08 PM
*reads Merlin's above post*

*dies of laughter*

"Where do I find the mag food?"

lmao

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 18, 2002, 02:42 AM
On 2002-09-16 17:16, merlin wrote:
Hey......and don't forget. This place is going to be CRAWLING with newbs that have never hoisted a spread needle before IN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES!!!

Newb: I heard that you hafta feed that mag-thingie. Is it true? Where do I get the food?

Newb: I died and my weapon is gone. What happened?

Newb: Why can't I kill anything? I found a special sword that says -30 beside it. Is it good?

Newb: I jumped onto that square warper thingie and it asked if I was ready so I pressed YES. When I landed I was all alone and there was this big dragon. I died.

This is what makes forums fun.

You think that's bad? I've seen a level 70 n00b on PSO, before. This was back on v1. Level 70. Never fed his mag. Neverchanged his weapon. In fact, he never re-equipped at all. If he needed to heal, then he ran back to the teleporter, and went to the hospital. Default HUmar, at that. It was pitiful.

Breezblok
Sep 18, 2002, 04:50 PM
Heh...the way things are going, I'll be a n00b soon too...I'm turning into one of those shady guys who sits on the sidelines and never posts anything. That, and the chances of me getting GC PSO (or even a GC) are very slim.

Well, I'm posting now, because I think rubber girlfriends rock.

Peace out.

MORB
Sep 23, 2002, 02:53 PM
Hehe... Elitism has always been something that I hated...

Funnily enough, no one seems to have understood the post of uber_rappy...

Anyway, why bashing out newcomers when there's perfectly good morons with lots of posts out there ? :p

Yes, as incredible as it may appear, you can find stupid people both among newcomers and old timers. You can also find bright people in both categories. So, newcomer and moron really must be two independant things.

(I must add that I never pretended to be among the bright people category - just so you can't jump on me SO easily for making this post ;p)

Ian D
Oct 1, 2002, 02:51 PM
This was one pretty pointless thread, stating out the obvious that everyone already knows. Oh well, free post count +1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KodiaX987
Oct 1, 2002, 03:05 PM
On 2002-09-23 12:53, MORB wrote:
Anyway, why bashing out newcomers when there's perfectly good morons with lots of posts out there ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Quite frankly, I got bored of Blaize in the end run. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif We need some new faces and some new moron styles. This way we can practice each and every single aspect of insulting.

rookie
Oct 11, 2002, 01:18 AM
That's very funny, So basically you're saying you are smarter and way better than newbies huh?

tsk tsk, that's very sad, because as it was mentioned in previous posts you were a newbie once, I don't see a single word that says these forums are private ones, and therefore you should expect WAY more newbies

But perhaps some people are just jealous because newbie's always get the attention and the recognition of some members in here with their stupidness and dumbness faster than they did themselves.

It's all about rubbing yourself in with style, you know? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Oct 11, 2002, 02:33 PM
On 2002-10-10 23:18, rookie wrote:
That's very funny, So basically you're saying you are smarter and way better than newbies huh?

tsk tsk, that's very sad, because as it was mentioned in previous posts you were a newbie once, I don't see a single word that says these forums are private ones, and therefore you should expect WAY more newbies

But perhaps some people are just jealous because newbie's always get the attention and the recognition of some members in here with their stupidness and dumbness faster than they did themselves.

It's all about rubbing yourself in with style, you know? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As Watashiwa says," Will you stop talking out of your ass?"

I didn't say anything like that. All I was saying is that all the "hey all" theads are stupid. Those are made by n00bs. There were also some other stupid post that were mainly made by n00bs.

I didn't say that all stupid post are made by n00bs and if I did then it was a poor choice of words.
There are some stupid post made by vetrans and non n00bs like me.

In closure,
Think before you post.

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 03:10 AM
Breezblok is silly. <<giggles>> n00b? <<giggles>>

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 03:13 AM
lol, an old thread.......<<giggles>>

Ness
Oct 27, 2002, 07:07 AM
Oh great a N00b spammer. This is another thing that is done by all kinds of people but when someone spams it's usually a n00b.

BlackRose
Oct 27, 2002, 10:33 PM
Don't forget your roots, that's all I can say.

I, for one, like new folks. They're, well.. new.

Rumina
Oct 27, 2002, 11:52 PM
thx blackrose. now come on, were not all that bad. i may be a noob to psow, but not the game. and to me, thats what counts. i guess to those of you that are actually hardcore, i hope to see ya around this week on ep.I&II. (i only say that because im gonna play on xbox as well as gc, even though im anti-xbox)

CorneliusPower
Oct 28, 2002, 12:34 AM
There's absolutely nothing n00b about me. Quite honestly you have to ask your self what a n00b is. I'm really interested and to tell you the truth you missuse the word. nad if spamming means makeing more than 1 post during the same 5 minutes well.......<<giggles>> noob.

Ness
Oct 28, 2002, 08:50 PM
On 2002-10-27 20:52, Rumina wrote:
thx blackrose. now come on, were not all that bad. i may be a noob to psow, but not the game. and to me, thats what counts. i guess to those of you that are actually hardcore, i hope to see ya around this week on ep.I&II. (i only say that because im gonna play on xbox as well as gc, even though im anti-xbox)

I know. Many n00bs or newer people here I like.
Kalbelgarion
Robert_Garcia
Ginko990
Mag_Launcher
Darrin

And sensible people like you.

The only n00bs that dirve me nuts are the ones that spam and mke stupid post. But vetrans do that too. The only point I was making is that stupid actions are often performed by n00bs. I was a n00b and I did stupid things and I had to learn the hard way.

But now that there are many n00bs are coming in each day they can learn form each other's mistakes, but they refuse to. That is what makes me mad.

Ness
Oct 28, 2002, 08:53 PM
On 2002-10-27 21:34, CorneliusPower wrote:
There's absolutely nothing n00b about me. Quite honestly you have to ask your self what a n00b is. I'm really interested and to tell you the truth you missuse the word. nad if spamming means makeing more than 1 post during the same 5 minutes well.......<<giggles>> noob.

N00bness is determined by post count and the post that are made. Just becuase you spam does not make you a newbie. I never said it did so don't put words in my mouth.

57 post is stil considered n00b. When you get to 300 post then you can tell me you're not a n00b.

pixelate
Oct 28, 2002, 11:34 PM
I thought newbie was because of your join date, not posts. Hell, I could make a new account and manage over 300 posts in a day. Then I wouldn't be a newbie because of posts, even though it was my first day?

I dunno.

I don't really care when you joined or how many posts you have, just don't make an ass out of yourself and you're cool with me.

Saladwood
Oct 29, 2002, 12:39 AM
I don't get where Ness gets all this elitism from. Are you insecure with something?

Who cares if someone is new to this site? Are you really that immature?

Stop being so narrowminded.

CorneliusPower
Oct 29, 2002, 05:53 AM
Still silly, Ness, you joined over a year ago, and to be quite honest your kinda annoying. I just registered like a week ago, and to tell you the truth the post count you have dont mean squat. sorry, man, go piss on someone elses tree. Ness, i either recommend you get laid soon or just plain satisfy yourself, i think you know how, until then please post with kindness and dont ASSUME someone's a n00b by thier post count. So I say it kindly, F**K off. Tee hee. Peace.

Balthor
Oct 29, 2002, 07:07 AM
Heh. The little refugee is still pissing and moaning about the new people I see.

Apparently he hasn't learned his lesson last time I sterned him...

Keep it up chuckles, your just diggin' your self a nice big grave.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2002-10-29 04:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-10-29 04:36 ]</font>

Ness
Oct 29, 2002, 07:24 AM
On 2002-10-28 21:39, PSOSaladWood wrote:
I don't get where Ness gets all this elitism from. Are you insecure with something?

Who cares if someone is new to this site? Are you really that immature?

Stop being so narrowminded.

Elitism?
Where do you get the impression that I was trying to be elite. If I gave that impression I'm sorry.

Oh well I give up. Since people keep taking my comments the wrong way, you can just go ahead and lock this thread Salad.

This was just a sad attempt to become more like Spy back when I looked up to him long ago. The only reason this thread is still here is because it's the rants section where people post once every 5 weeks.

Immaturity?
I'm not the one that went out of thier way to whine about something that doesn't apply to them and that they could care less about. I was just stating my opinion and it wasn't intended to hurt anyone.

Insecurity?
I'm very secure. I guess I was TOO secure to think I could post a harmless opinion and exepect not to be flamed for it. Boy, was I wrong even a mod has started to flame me.

As for caring about whether someone is new or not, I don't care. This ties in to what I said earlier about people misinterpreting my post. I have not problem with n00bs. I just don't like it when people make stupid post.

Like I said to Cornelius, vetrans and n00bs alike make stupid post. What makes me mad is that they don't learn form each others mistakes.

There I've spoken my peace. You can kill me with flames if you want now.

*Edit*
Reworded some text and fixed a few typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-10-29 04:35 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Oct 29, 2002, 07:37 AM
you look up to spy?

okay salad is asleep so i'll lock this thread per request!