PDA

View Full Version : Clans...

vox3om
Nov 5, 2005, 03:18 PM
Are people going to start clans? join old ones? stay free and alone?

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 03:27 PM
i hope there will be a team feature, but not like PSOBB where you had to be in a team to get the full enjoymen out of the game. on PSOX, everyone in a clan has "call letters" infront of their name (ex. <PSOW> Ethan) so to have a clan function to where you can show your clan and be proud sure. but to need one to get the full efect no. BTW i heard from an unreliable source that you have the option to join the Guardians, or the army, or that one other organization. any1 heard the same?

vox3om
Nov 5, 2005, 03:34 PM
I haven't heard that, but if it's true that will be really cool.

I agree with you on the whole clan thing. It is nice to be associated with a group of people and be proud of that group. but its not 100% necessary.

Tact
Nov 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
Well, Zel and I are planning to create a PSU division for the URR. So, I don't know if that counts as making a new team or staying with an old one... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

vox3om
Nov 5, 2005, 04:00 PM
What does URR stand for?

rena-ko
Nov 5, 2005, 04:13 PM
i dont believe in clans but i guess i'll have to join a private one if they introduce this silly 'team-only'-quest feature again.

vox3om
Nov 5, 2005, 04:39 PM
how come you don't believe in them?

Wyndham
Nov 5, 2005, 04:43 PM
I'm going to try and follow my old pattern and stick with a clan.
I work much better when I'm being bossed around.

Rion772
Nov 5, 2005, 05:19 PM
...There was already a topic asking people if they were going to join clans...

I'm staying with my team though.

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2005, 05:31 PM
I've never been in a clan, and I don't plan to anytime soon. I really don't see a puropse to them in a cooperative game like PSO. The only thing I used Linkshells for in FFXI was as a kind of ghetto friends list and another avenue to talk.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 06:48 PM
Clans can be a good thing, just a matter of what it stands for. Ill be bringing my old one into PSU that I founded long ago. Only this time, bigger & better than before. Basically, just ppl who love PS & want to team up to battle evil. Ppl that we can share experiences with & trust with our items, etc etc. So yes, Ill be resurrecting mine, The Moon's Cry clan. Annoying, childish hacker types need not apply.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 07:45 PM
As of now I'm part of a future PSU clan...The Moon's Cry. Can't wait to get online http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif This will be my first experience with an actual team as I never played with one in PSO.

I'll be following Odin into battle!!! Can't wait until then!

Shade-
Nov 9, 2005, 07:31 PM
IGN: Can you describe the team system in Online mode. Will players be able to form guilds and teams?

Miyoshi: There won't be a team system or guild system like in PSOBB (Blue Burst -- a recent PC update in the series). Just like PSO, you can save a guild card and send out party invites to your friend.

This was stated in a recent-ish IGN interview. Has there been a more recent announcement stating there will be guilds/teams?

It's kinda gonna piss me off if they TAKE OUT a great feature from an updated version.

GaijinPUnch
Nov 9, 2005, 07:34 PM
Guess it depends. I'm in kind of a crappy timezone to be on a team --- too early for Japan, too late for the US. I do lots of soloing unless I make friends with people that have strange schedules.

Kano-Okami
Nov 9, 2005, 08:53 PM
hmm, I never really did the clan thing. It seemed fun but all it did was create redundant rivalries between groups and took away from the fun...in my case atleast. Besides, I've always favored the wandering loner style of play, that way you meet so many interesting people and not have to hassle them to join your clan..

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 10:49 PM
1) No theres no official guild system but if you join up with a bunch of ppl & mention youre with a certain group, youre 'kinda' in a guild. Its how its worked around.

2) Unlike most guilds/clans, my clan, Moon's Cry isnt about harassing. Any & all are welcome to join. Its ok if ppl want to solo or want a group of old or new friends to join up with. Basically, we'll be about coming up with new strategies for fighting, trade tips & secrets, items, etc. All in good fun & comraderie. If you want to join, feel free to msg myself or PhruitBaskit. Im the founder & leader. If not, we'll still certain group with you if you want. I believe there can still be good teams on an online game. Up to the ppl involved to make that so.

F-o-x
Nov 10, 2005, 02:27 PM
Back in PSO I wasn't so much in a clan as I was in a close circle of friends. I did a lot of floating around too though so I met a few interesting people that I got to become cool with that way too. I usually try to play with a group of people from another message board (We've tried to put together a Team/Guild thats associated with the site as well as PSO but that hasn't gone over well in the past) and I think I'll be doing that in PSU.

One person is trying to put together a Guild (He doesn't call it a clan because he really just wants the group to be a bunch of friends that play together, and not be snobbish/elitist like some clans are[Disclaimer- I'm NOT saying all clans are this way, most aren't. If you're in/used to be in/going to join a certain clan don't take offense]) so all of us might just end up joining that, or at least playing with those that do.

I also look forward to playing with the people on these boards http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 04:17 PM
On 2005-11-09 16:34, GaijinPUnch wrote:
Guess it depends. I'm in kind of a crappy timezone to be on a team --- too early for Japan, too late for the US. I do lots of soloing unless I make friends with people that have strange schedules.

What timezone are you in?

I'm playing with team for sure, currently we are trying to except as few members as possible, only people who pass a test (like 5 questions I think) can make it right now. This is only for when PSU comes out we don't want to be a mess and have members we don't know about playing with us. Anyone who's interested just PM me.

Also when you see this Vox3om check your Inbox (private msgs).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-10 14:15 ]</font>

NightHour13
Feb 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
Im personaly going to be starting a clan, perhaps one that people might find fresh and new. Im going for the big haul tho, i dont want a group i want a team. Main ideal's are Having fun of course, but organizing to get many things done loners can not do (well if they can, at a much slower pace). Perhaps you can call it an army, but it's going to be a platoon based system where the clan stands united with branches in each class (force, Ranger and Hunter).

It may all seem like this big nuisance but i think if your going to do somthing - do it big! If any one's interested in beeing apart of a highly motivated community, PM me.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Feb 1, 2006, 08:43 PM
Moon's Cry is cool.

OdinTyler
Feb 1, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-02-01 17:43, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:
Moon's Cry is cool.

An honest and true answer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DragonHybryd
Feb 1, 2006, 11:38 PM
If I get a connection for PSU would any one let me join their clan I've never been online and I'm new to the PS series but love it all ready!

Ryna
Feb 1, 2006, 11:39 PM
Don't reply to threads this old. It is considered bumping. If you want to have a discussion about clans, start a new thread.