PDA

View Full Version : We've lost 425$

KodiaX987
Nov 9, 2005, 03:18 PM
Normally, that sort of thing would go in Conversations Between Mom and I (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=103841&forum=11&20) but this story here is on a completely different and much more serious level.

I recently got myself a new car. The tires and rims were of different size than my previous car, so I had to buy myself a new set of winter tires.

Surprizingly, my mother violates her own principles by suggesting I buy them used. On that same week, while I'm busy with a particularly hectic period at school, she ends up buying a set of Toyos on rims, originally on a Toyota Corolla but guaranteed that they will fit on my car make and model (a Honda Accord.) I then call a garage to schedule the tire change.

I bring the car to the garage. Five minutes later, the mech comes to me with two problems. First, the rims don't fit. Second and much more important: three of the four tires are used beyond safety measures, two of which no longer having any warning bands!

Mom was supposed to catch up with me at the garage anyway, so I tell the guy to park my car elsewhere while I wait for her to discuss the matter. Mom arrives. We end up buying a new set of tires and rims. The garage tells me they don't have any in stock, so he orders a set, and says he'll put them on the rims and balance them as soon as they arrive, then call me to schedule another tire change. The end result is a bill of 970$ (CDN) after tax.

Once we get outside, the following conversation ensues.

Me: "Do you still have the phone number of the guy who sold you the tires?"
Mom: "No. And I'm not calling him back."
Me: "Mom, those used tires cost 425$. We can do a lot of shit with 425$."
Mom: "Do you expect me to call him and admit I've been jacked?!"
Me: "Yesssss...!"
Mom: "No. I won't call him."
Me: "If you don't wanna call him, then I will!"
Mom: "No."

Without further word, she gets into her car and drives away. That's right. She refuses to step over her pride and claim back the money she spent for tires that happened to be worn out.

End result: We've lost 425$.

Kuea
Nov 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
wow >_>

your mom... jeez XD

I'd track down who sold her the tires on my own <_<

thats four hundred and twenty five fricking dollars. She's got to have some sort of statement for her buying those things >_>

Sharkyland
Nov 9, 2005, 10:59 PM
She doesn't know the value of money, but I do have a feeling she's going to come out and say sometime later, where is my $425?

Qrrrbrbirbel
Nov 10, 2005, 01:06 AM
All I would do is wait for her to realize she is wrong, then give her a big fat "I told you so" right in the ear.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 16, 2005, 12:34 AM
You should get that phone number and have the mounties arrest him.

KodiaX987
Nov 16, 2005, 12:39 AM
I can't.

I have no phone number, no name, no address, nothing. Mom refuses to give any information whatsoever, has thrown away all information concerning the tire sale, and never wants to speak of the subject again.

Well, all right. She paid with her own bank account because I was away. I voiced my opinion to her, it's her own freakin' problem now.