PDA

View Full Version : A delightul, odd idea.

Rion772
Nov 14, 2005, 08:17 PM
WHAT IF we could attack a certain enemy part over and over and once enough damage is dealt the enemy part would fall off. I obviously got this idea from Monster Hunter, I doubt Sega would take a Capcom idea but how cool would that be, to receive an enemy part that can be converted into a weapon that way. But you wouldn't receive the enemy part every time you amputate that part of an enemy. Opinions?

Dre_o
Nov 14, 2005, 09:37 PM
Oh boy, I can feel Odin is going to pounce on this one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But that would be cool except that there would always be those people who would be like:

"NOOOO Don't kill it!!! Hack it's arm off!! NOOOO!! YOU M$^#$^ F#$%#@#!!! YOU KILLED IT!!!"

besides that it would be cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2005-11-14 18:37 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Nov 14, 2005, 10:07 PM
Huh? De Rol Lie? Garanz? Teehee.

Hehe, I expect something like this will exist within PSU boss battles to some degree, but I think it's a bit much to expect it in regular PSU land battles against the hordes of monsters. I mean, having a target alive in one piece for such a huge amount of time was a pretty rare occurance in regular PSO, and I somewhat get the impression that in PSU, things will be flying at you, and dying by you, all over the show, especially with the improved run and dodge movements.

Perhaps certain, larger, or at least more area dominant, enemies will retain a similar quality to the Garanz and Chaos Sorcerer (different parts/layers and all that), those big bossy things Ethan and chums fought in that Ruins demo could do such a thing, or in some 'Forest' screens there have been oversized, almost armored, type beasites. But for your average Joe Booma or whatever, it's probably a bit too much, and generally too detrimental to the fast-action-legions-of-nasties style of PSO/U. Your Arm of Delsaber will probably just fall from the enemy as normal, rather than some elaborate salvage quest.

OdinTyler
Nov 14, 2005, 10:17 PM
On 2005-11-14 18:37, Dre_o wrote:
Oh boy, I can feel Odin is going to pounce on this one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But that would be cool except that there would always be those people who would be like:

"NOOOO Don't kill it!!! Hack it's arm off!! NOOOO!! YOU M$^#$^ F#$%#@#!!! YOU KILLED IT!!!"

Now what makes you think Id have a comment about this, hmmm? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ANIMEniac
Nov 14, 2005, 11:11 PM
Blasted school, taking up my days so i cant get on PSOW. anyway,i had always thought about that. because in real life getting a spesific part would be alot easier. it would also be cool if they could make armor also, out of the enemy plating.

Tomeeboy
Nov 14, 2005, 11:19 PM
If you keep attacking the same part repeatedly, would there really be anything left of it to salvage when it finally 'fell off'?

Wouldn't it make more sense to kill the enemy WITHOUT attacking the part you needed, so that it was not damaged?

Discuss! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Nov 14, 2005, 11:24 PM
Well, given that I have medical training, I think I can remove the part I need & the ME can come claim whatever I leave remaining for him from a charred & scarred body.

Talk amongst yourselves...
...and discuss... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 06:12 AM
On 2005-11-14 18:37, Dre_o wrote:

I LOVE people like that! Their so funny to watch, seriously who's going to flip out about not getting an item from a boss that has a high-ish drop rate. All the person has to do is reassemble a new party and go get that f*c!<ing tail/arm/leg/eye (ow).

Zarcon
Nov 15, 2005, 02:04 PM
You can think of it that way Rion...but if it's your 439th try it would start to get on your nerves too...especially if they decide to make an online boss that's so hard it's only possible with a full party of human players.

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-11-15 11:04, Zarcon wrote:
You can think of it that way Rion...but if it's your 439th try it would start to get on your nerves too...especially if they decide to make an online boss that's so hard it's only possible with a full party of human players.

Well it wouldn't take you 439 tries...it would be like a 1/10 drop rate. If it takes you 439+ tries for something like that you should just quit or stop wasting your time and get it in a trade.

OdinTyler
Nov 15, 2005, 04:40 PM
...or you could threaten such a boss with the ultimate Nanoblast:

"Cough up the arm or you'll cough up more than that!" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PeterFCS
Nov 15, 2005, 04:50 PM

This is so funny...because I can absolutely really see it happen.

Besides that, it?s a cool idea...but why have morons like those "OMGz0rz dont kill you #%$)?"&%"-guys ruin everything?!

Blackwaltz-R
Nov 15, 2005, 04:59 PM
This aspect wouldn't really fit in PSO/PSU since the theme of the game is futuristic. If they were to impliment it it would work betetr if it were the primary way to gain any parts or weapons, not just throwing it into the game just because it worked for another game. unlike PSO/PSU MHs theme is during a more primitive time where its pretty much neccesary to use such resourceful methods seeing as that don't even have electricity let alone laser guns and swords.

I've mentioned this before that the gameplay style of MH would suit this game tho making the game skill based rather than stat based making the sense of prgression bland since anyone can grind and get more powerful. Making the game skill based would also make players more diverse since you'll have a higher variety of play styles in order to get the job done. Peopl on MH have like 5 ways to complete one misisons while PSO is just spam the enemies till they are dead and the only status effects that effect the bosses were Jellen and Zalure. Hopefully PSU will break these trends a little.

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 09:03 PM
I agree. I also think that it was super stupid that we couldn't poison or paralyze enemy bosses and they could do it to us...

_Tek_
Nov 15, 2005, 09:33 PM
This idea reminds me of nano breaker. When you started getting high combos, you wings would spready out, and light up like flares, then your attacks would end up maiming the enemy. I love how you could cut their legs off, rendering them useless as attackers, and they'd start to crawll away(dying shortly after) lol. Its a good game, don't take the reviews to seriously.

But in psu, it wouldn't really work, because the point of killing is to share the exp amongst team mates, its not about one player trying to kill everything as fast as possible(although you could solo quest that way).

I would like to see death animations when the monster does get sliced in half. Not melt like in pso. Like Megaman Zero, finishing blows with guns caused an explosion, and with the saber the enemy was cut clean in half (even the bosses, pwnage)

But since you can't really control where you hit the enemy, ripping its arm off wouldn't work. It would half to be more random (as in nano breaker above). You couldn't simply target a part either, since that would kill you against a horde of monsters. Too many targets.

and umm, why don't I make a third videogame reference:
LOLZ IN PSU DEY SHULD DIE LIEK IN SSB-MELEE! KABLAM! XD

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 10:10 PM
Well you might have missed part of what I meant...

What I was getting at is it's something you could only do on bosses. This is because bosses are big and you could take off a leg easier.

I don't feel much like talking more about this because I'm tired, I'll edit this post tomorrow.

_Tek_
Nov 16, 2005, 12:39 AM
oh yeah, that's similar to vol opt and re ro le.

Kent
Nov 16, 2005, 01:03 AM
Not really a new idea, as said earlier. Of course, if bashing off said parts exposed a weak point for gun-toting characters to snipe for critical damage... Or maybe a point on the enemy more suceptible to certain elements...

Rion772
Nov 16, 2005, 06:23 AM
On 2005-11-15 22:03, Kent wrote:
Not really a new idea, as said earlier. Of course, if bashing off said parts exposed a weak point for gun-toting characters to snipe for critical damage... Or maybe a point on the enemy more suceptible to certain elements...

I meant that we get items from it. Say we cut off a dragon claw, we get to use it as a weapon. Not just expose a weak spot. That weapon would do extra damage on the boss you got it from as well. Say I hit a mechanical boss with my dragon claw it'll do 300 damage, but say I hit the type of dragon I got it from it does like 325 damage.