PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart DS

Madzozs
Nov 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Well it's finally here. They are now going Wireless. Unfortunately I have to wait until around 2pm to pick mine up. Damn store screwed up my schedule. I was planning on getting it and playing until 2(when the WoW servers come back on), then doing some raids. Damn shipping industry and their timetables.

Either way, we should hook up any people on here and try to get some big games going. Maybe a PSOW tourny.

Derek0660
Nov 15, 2005, 04:24 PM
Sounds great, but I got no Mario Kart DS and I got no Wireless Router and I got no USB adapter. The idea sounds great, tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-15 13:24 ]</font>

Dre_o
Nov 15, 2005, 04:27 PM
Damn where I live, I won't be able to pick it up till tomorrow. But I will pick it up.

trypticon
Nov 15, 2005, 11:44 PM
I got it this morning before it was put out on the shelves. Good game so far, although I haven't connected online yet. I'll be doing that in a few minutes I hope. More info to come.

Edit

Seems the D-Link router at the place I'm staying isn't compatible with Nintendo WiFi.

Luckily, it's still a great game single player. I'm very happy with the amount of options this game has. I'm really quite impressed, just as I have been with everything else I've played for the system besides the Metroid Prime Hunters demo, and SPRUNG. Everything else so far THAT I'VE PLAYED has been gold.

Edit Edit

Just unlocked Dry Bones by doing the new tracks on 50CC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-11-15 23:30 ]</font>

Saiffy
Nov 16, 2005, 09:03 AM
I was hoping my bro would pick this up soon, and then I can play it when he finally puts it down(Probably, everything will be unlocked too). But I guess he hasn't gotten paid yet or something. I'm hearing good things about it though, and I think Nintendo's WiFi site had my router listed as compatible. It's funner to just try and find out anyways.

Feelmirath
Nov 16, 2005, 01:06 PM
Ugh, in England the game doesn't come out until NEXT friday (or is it this Friday? I have no clue O_O) but ive preordered it and will be a happy d00d indeed once it comes out.

Stan
Nov 16, 2005, 01:15 PM
it's coming the 25th here http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I can't wait!

TheOneHero
Nov 16, 2005, 06:20 PM
I'm buying a DS just for this game.

Now to find the money TO buy a DS. :3

Really looking forward to trying it out; I can't wait. (Probably won't be till around christmas though.)

Skett
Nov 16, 2005, 06:54 PM
This game looks pretty awesome. Too bad I just don't have the money for it. (Thanks for nothin', 360.)

And to those who don't have a wireless adapter, remember Nintendo sells their own Wifi adapter on their site for thirty or fourty bucks.

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2005, 07:19 PM
I'm not really big on racing games, but this sounds quite fun, so when I get a DS, I might pick this up. Internet multiplayer is a big plus, as well.

trypticon
Nov 17, 2005, 01:00 AM
This game is GREAT! Lots of good options, loads of great tracks, eight player multiplay with one cartridge, and online play (which I haven't experienced yet, but I'll be getting my ass to a Starbucks or McDonalds soon so I can, once again, because the WIRELESS ROUTER here isn't compatible with Nintendo WIFI god damn it!). I've unlocked Daisy and Dry Bones as playable characters, as well as some other things, and I'm having a great time with this.

If you have any hesitations on purchasing this game, leave them behind, and go do it. This game may be a big thing this holiday season, so purchasing it sooner might ensure you get a copy for the holidays. I'm not into racing games, but this is entertaining enough for me to go on and on about it. There are some real kick ass tracks. My favorite one so far has you racing through a pinball machine. Really cool, out-driving the pinballs, avoiding the sides, and paddles and stuff. Battle mode in single player is also a lot of fun, but damn difficult. I can only imagine what it would be like online.

Enough written. Good game, go get it.

Zarode
Nov 17, 2005, 08:43 AM
Bad news for all of you. You can only race online, but it is still fun. And 20 of the 32 tracks are only racible online. But man this game is too good. Wifi is just a bonus, THIS GAME FREAKIN' ROCKS.

If you are just getting it for the Wifi, though; You will be disappointed. But then you will find single player mode, and have a blast. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<_< Oh and, post your Friend codes. I'll post mine when I get home. >_>;

Dgo
Nov 18, 2005, 04:28 AM
Must have for all Ds owners!.

trypticon
Nov 19, 2005, 02:10 AM
My friend code is 214808013816 if anybody wants to add me.

Madzozs
Nov 19, 2005, 01:30 PM
My code is 171858 152057

Derek0660
Nov 19, 2005, 02:52 PM
On 2005-11-15 13:24, Derek0660 wrote:
Sounds great, but I got no Mario Kart DS and I got no Wireless Router and I got no USB adapter. The idea sounds great, tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-15 13:24 ]</font>

Luis
Nov 19, 2005, 08:22 PM
me friend code is 335067 029245

kevlar_pso
Nov 20, 2005, 09:22 PM
I do not have mine yet, cause I do not have a DS. However, I am waitin on my locally owned video game store to get in their shipment of Red Mario Kart themed DSes. I have $150 in store credit just for this. Now here's the problem. Do I open it, or give it to my wife for Christmas??? I've been waitin for this for so long, one of the main reasons I'm gettin a DS. I will have more DS games than PSP games eventually. Well, I only have Lumines. . . . I'm leanin towards givin it to her. Then savin up for either a Nintendogs themed DS or waitin to see if the big N will release an Animal Crossing themed DS.

trypticon
Nov 20, 2005, 11:13 PM
Get her the pink DS that comes with Nintendogs, it's a great game, but lots different than any I was used to before playing it.

The Red DS is really nice though, I still haven't seen one, but I know they are being bundled with Mario Kart DS already. I'm not sure what color DS would be bundled with Animal Crossing Wild World though. The ones we're still missing here are the dark gray, black, white.. there's a different colored pink one, and... I'm sure I'm missing a few, but the main colors that people would go for are out, or will likely be released soon. Oh yeah, there's also that Pokemon themed one, but I don't see that being bundled with ACWW. If there's going to be a bundle for it, it would probably be black, but that doesn't cry Wild World for me.

kevlar_pso
Nov 22, 2005, 12:36 PM
Hmmmm, must be a different set of puppies that comes w/the pink one. The only bundle I've seen here is the Sky blue Nindendogs DS. If I did find the Pink one, I definately would have to get my own. l0l

Derek0660
Nov 22, 2005, 04:52 PM
I played for like 3 hours nonstop the day after I got it and I unlocked 7 karts, daisy, dry bones, and wario, and unlocked the 150cc mirror class. Dont got online tho.
Who do you use to play? Just curious. I like Daisy with the Light Tripper.

trypticon
Nov 23, 2005, 11:52 AM
I've used Luigi solely for all versions on past Mario Karts, still use him in this one, although WaLuigi is pretty fast too, and gets better items.

Derek0660
Nov 26, 2005, 10:59 PM
friend code: 128909 152158

The only way I can get online is at my friends house.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-26 20:28 ]</font>

Link00seven
Dec 4, 2005, 12:15 AM
Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have sold my DS. This looks like a really good game.

Oh well. If I ever see another DS cheap, i'll pick it up. In the meantime, I guess I'll keep playing homebrew on my PSP.

Feelmirath
Dec 4, 2005, 07:08 AM
Lol, i completed Mario kart DS, and I'm hoping to get an access point on Thursday (damn everywhere for losing their stock http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-12-04 04:08 ]</font>

Stan
Dec 4, 2005, 09:46 AM
My code is 360837/534293

Getintothegame
Dec 5, 2005, 06:48 PM
I was going to make this topic! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I'll post my friend code a little later tonight, anyone up for a race later?

EDIT: My Code is 008650-430259.

I'll be adding you all tonight, PM me to race sometime. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-12-05 21:37 ]</font>