PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2 Screenshots Needed for Coursework

Deathscythealpha
Nov 16, 2005, 06:36 PM
Was wondering if anyone here could help me find some screenshots from Silent Hill 2. I am writing a paper on Stories and Contempory Issues for part of my university work, and one issue im bringing up is the Euthanasia story that runs throughout Silent Hill 2. I need some images to use as examples, but im having a hard time finding them.

What im after is a shot from near the end of the game where Harry is talking to his wife while she lay's in her bed, and also a screenshot from when Harry finally remembers what he has done (the long, turning pan around him in the chair).

If anyone can help me find these images I will be so grateful.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2005, 07:17 PM
tricky to find. sorry...
maybe someone with the PC ver... or a fitting savegame and a capture card... well, good luck. on both the pic and the review.

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2005, 07:18 PM
On a side note: spoilers? >_>;;

*goes to scrub brain*

Try Google or Alta-Vista's image search, or you could poke on IGN. But, since you're requesting a crucial, spoiler-ish scene, it's doubtful to exist on the internet. You might want to check some Silent Hill websites, especially if they have a "summary" section with pictures.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2005, 07:23 PM
be ensured i checked pretty much all sources i know of. nothing. endboss 1, 2 and 3, but not this certain picture. its weird... actually its good wallpaper material...

and spoilers... you didnt play the game yet?! sacrilegue..

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2005, 07:30 PM
I've been meaning to order the Xbox version, but I haven't had an opportunity. I'd really like to finish up SH1 first, though. :3

On Topic: It sounds like you may have to hunt down someone with SH2 and a video capture card.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 16, 2005, 08:39 PM
Finding these screenshots has become trickier then I ever imagined. Im envious of the film students who have this same assignment as they can easily capture the video for the images, not such an easy task for us Games Designers.

Ive checked Google several times, and the only thing Ive found from that is that Russians really seem to like Silent Hill. A lot of the English speaking fan sites have closed there doors sadly and the official website definately doesnt have these images.

Sorry about the spoilers Eihwaz, I didnt think about it really. I do recomend the game whole heartedly though, as you should still get a great experiance from it. It tackles several issues in a really mature manner (Thats one of the reasons ive chose to talk about it for my assignment), as well as being damn right creepy in places. Its a shame the voice acting is a bit suspicious...

Well, theres 2 more days before the first part of my presentation, so theres still some time. Thanks to Rena-Ko for checking http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2005-11-16 17:39 ]</font>

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 19, 2005, 01:42 PM
Is it too late to get you pictures. I went to SilentHillHeaven to ask for pictures last week and I just got somebody to get them for me this morning. I hope it won't be too late.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 19, 2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I had the initial presentation yesterday (It went fantastically), but if you do have those pictures they will be helpful for my disatation piece as more visual examples. So if you do have them I will be grateful http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The image I did use in the end was this one:

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/artgallery/silenthill2/page01.php

Very moody picture, gave the right impression of guilt and grief that James was trying to atone for.