PDA

View Full Version : Homework.

Kuea
Nov 16, 2005, 09:09 PM
An automobile accident is unavoidable. You can take some maneuvers. These maneuvers will lessen car damage. They will lessen personal injuries. For example, take a head-on crash. To avoid hitting head-on, make a turn. The turn should be sharp. The turn should be to the right. Then the oncoming car will hit you in the side. The oncoming car will not hit you head-on. You might lose control of the car. Don?t worry. Anything is better then this. This is a head-on crash.
Here's another example. Take a rear-ender. Your car is going to be hit. The hit is from behind. Take your foot off the break. The impact occurs. Slam on your break immediately. Keep a firm grip on the steering wheel. The firm grip lets your arms absorb some of the shock. The shock is from the impact. Slouch down. Your head is below the back of the seat. The back of the seat will give you protection. This protection will be against whiplash.

Sef
Nov 16, 2005, 09:13 PM
Airbags?

Kuea
Nov 16, 2005, 09:42 PM
An automobile accident is unavoidable. However you can take some maneuvers that will lessen car damage and personal injuries. For example, in a head-on crash, You can make a sharp right turn to avoid a head-on collision. By doing this the oncoming car will hit you in the side instead of head-on. You may lose control of the car because of this, but that is better then dying in a head-on crash.
Another example would be a rear-ender. As the name implies, you get hit from the rear, or rather, the back end of the car. When this happens you can take your foot off the brake, and when the impact occurs you can slam on the break while keeping a firm grip on the wheel. The firm grip on the wheel allows your arms to absorb some of the shock of the impact. Another thing you can do is slouch down so your head is below the back of the seat. This will give you protection from whiplash.

actually this is an english assignment to correct sentances with lotsa choppy sentances

did I do good? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sef
Nov 16, 2005, 10:05 PM
Did you?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 16, 2005, 11:44 PM
Here's my input--

When an automobile accident is unavoidable, you can take some maneuvers to lessen car damage and personal injuries. To avoid hitting head-on, for example, make a sharp turn to the right. The oncoming car will hit you in the side, rather than hit you head-on. You might lose control of the car, but don't worry-- Anything is better than a head-on crash. Also consider a rear-ender, where your car is going to be hit from behind. First, take your foot off the brake. Then when the impact occurs, slam on your brake immediately, while keeping a firm grip on the steering wheel. The firm grip lets your arms absorb some of the shock from the impact, and if you slouch down with your head below the back of the seat, it will facilitate your resistence to whiplash.

If I really wanted to put some time and effort into it, I could probably cut it down to about half that length, but I just don't have that sort of commitment to it.

geewj
Nov 16, 2005, 11:48 PM
Just draw a little picture to describe it all.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 16, 2005, 11:54 PM
Actually, I think They Might Be Giants did that when they released their Mink Car album, Frink.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 17, 2005, 01:08 AM
On 2005-11-16 19:05, Sef wrote:
Did you?

Lisa needs braces?