PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about the new weapons?

DeathMachine
Nov 17, 2005, 12:01 PM
how do you think the new weaopons will work in PSU? The bow will have to do something pretty interesting to out do the Handgun or rifle. what about the Laser? will it be piercing or what?

Kano-Okami
Nov 17, 2005, 12:21 PM
Hmmm, I've thought about that too.
The addition to the bow will give the ranged weaponary a new look. I'm not sure if it'll outdo the guns in accuracy, but it may have more power behind it...or better special effects.
Poison tipped arrows, anyone?

Tomeeboy
Nov 17, 2005, 12:25 PM
The bow could possibly have exploding arrows or something along those lines. That might bring it more in line with other weapons. Or, perhaps there won't be arrows at all and it will just fire like a rifle or handgun...

Kupi
Nov 17, 2005, 01:20 PM
There's always the possibility of arcing shots. Bows might be the only weapon type that can attack over walls.

F-o-x
Nov 17, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm ironically more psyched about ranged weapons than the melee weapons. Ironic because I'm going to be building my character as a melee fighter... but I have to say I'm looking forward to the bow as well. Its said that it will have greater range when you use FPS mode so maybe that is what will set it apart from other ranged weapons. It could have power a bit lower than a handgun but greater range.

_Tek_
Nov 18, 2005, 03:04 AM
I believe the laser will resemble the photon launcher, withthe ability to hits several enemies in a row, by penetration.

Speaking penetration(not sexually), do you suppose the Newearls will get megid penetration once levels high enough in magic(blah, we haven't even seen megid yet)?

TheFluffiest
Nov 18, 2005, 04:19 AM
Hey, look, I'm new! ::gasp!::

Butuhm... Ya, ya... The new weapons look fun and all, but, WHERE ARE THE SLICERS!? ::cry:: Fauksie want slicers... ;.;

And as fer Megid... I hope they bring back the OLD Megid... Yanno what I'm talkin' about... BOOM! Hee...

Edit (Like, already): Oh ya, as for how they will work: If it's truly going back to its roots, what with dual wielding one handed weapons, the bows from PSIII, and whatnot... I'm expecting something like: Guns will have a set kind of damage rate, but will ignore a target's defense; whereas a bow will respect defense, but its damage will vary depending on its attack power and your own strength. Laser-and-Vulcan type weapons will be capable of hitting multiple targets, whether in a line or a burst, respectively. Melee weapons are all obvious-you hit things with them, they die. The ranged weapons are all speculation, obviously, no hit the fauks.

However, I would like to restate: SLICERS! That is all.

Okaybai. ::runs and hides::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFluffiest on 2005-11-18 01:35 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Nov 18, 2005, 11:34 AM
What about lasers? Will they be similar to a Snow Queen in that they pierce but no combos? was that explained or what?

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 01:23 PM
On 2005-11-18 01:19, TheFluffiest wrote:

Butuhm... Ya, ya... The new weapons look fun and all, but, WHERE ARE THE SLICERS!? ::cry:: Fauksie want slicers... ;.;

And as fer Megid... I hope they bring back the OLD Megid... Yanno what I'm talkin' about... BOOM! Hee...

Edit (Like, already): Oh ya, as for how they will work: If it's truly going back to its roots, what with dual wielding one handed weapons, the bows from PSIII, and whatnot... I'm expecting something like: Guns will have a set kind of damage rate, but will ignore a target's defense; whereas a bow will respect defense, but its damage will vary depending on its attack power and your own strength. Laser-and-Vulcan type weapons will be capable of hitting multiple targets, whether in a line or a burst, respectively. Melee weapons are all obvious-you hit things with them, they die. The ranged weapons are all speculation, obviously, no hit the fauks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFluffiest on 2005-11-18 01:35 ]</font>

I NEVER used slicers...

I wonder if you can reload your guns?

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Nov 18, 2005, 01:39 PM
On 2005-11-18 10:23, Rion772 wrote:

I NEVER used slicers...

But alot of other people did.

They NEED slicers. Slicers have been a staple weapon of the phantasy star series, and they couldnt just do away with them. Lets HOPE that they are still there... And if so, I'm wondering if they will use the old school boomerang style throwing slicers, Or PSO's version (which I personally like more)
I know alot of people that are going to throw a tantrum if there are no slicers.

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 01:43 PM
On 2005-11-18 10:39, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:

On 2005-11-18 10:23, Rion772 wrote:

I NEVER used slicers...

But alot of other people did.

They NEED slicers. Slicers have been a staple weapon of the phantasy star series, and they couldnt just do away with them. Lets HOPE that they are still there... And if so, I'm wondering if they will use the old school boomerang style throwing slicers, Or PSO's version (which I personally like more)
I know alot of people that are going to throw a tantrum if there are no slicers.

It's a good thing I don't have to worry about it, I don't like slicers much, so that's why. I can understand where you're coming from with this. A lot of my friends that play PSO don't like sabers but I mainly use sabers.

Kano-Okami
Nov 18, 2005, 02:24 PM
I just wonder how the duel weilding system will work. I know you can hold 2 weapons at once...but does that mean you can use them both at once?
It seems logical when duelwielding 2 sabers, but what about when you have a saber and handgun? or cane and rifle? these weapons are good on their own but can they really be used simitaniously?..

OdinTyler
Nov 18, 2005, 03:23 PM
Well, thats the learning curve. Using 2 different weps. Ill admit it was a challenge. Right hand was basically np as it had the saber. Having to hold an extra button just to use the gun was a lil tricky. I only did FPS mode once & it was by accident. Im gonna have to work on that. I said it before. Its gonna take time, but thats ok. Gives us a chance to find out what styles we like for our chars. Definitely more atk possibilities than PSO ever gave us.

Alisha
Nov 18, 2005, 04:00 PM
um.. didnt the old megid hit all targets >.>

TheFluffiest
Nov 18, 2005, 06:04 PM

Yes. Slicers are necessary. In whatever style, so long as they're still one handed, as the Great Light intended. This, of course, is because I am one of those people that will throw a tantrum if there are no slicers. Big fox tears will rain down and flood the world. No one wants that.

um.. didnt the old megid hit all targets >.>

Yes. Yes it did. Now that I think about it, 'twas a lot like Rafoie... Bah. They need Megid to be the angry explosion, yamnit. ::flail::

Eihwaz
Nov 18, 2005, 06:27 PM
On 2005-11-18 11:24, Kano-Okami wrote:
I just wonder how the duel weilding system will work. I know you can hold 2 weapons at once...but does that mean you can use them both at once?
It seems logical when duelwielding 2 sabers, but what about when you have a saber and handgun? or cane and rifle? these weapons are good on their own but can they really be used simitaniously?..

Some weapons have been designated as needing two hands to hold, IIRC. For instance, the Rifle requires both hands to use, so you can't dual wield it with something else.

On the other hand, Sabers are single handed weapons, so you can equip two sabers at once, or one saber and another one handed weapon.

OdinTyler
Nov 18, 2005, 09:03 PM
Maybe later in the game I can dual wield really good weps while still being able to use a WORTHY version of Megid, saying the immortal line:

"This evil city is too evil to leave standing."

Sharkyland
Nov 18, 2005, 11:50 PM
Megido... eh.

Hmm... about the weapons... it seems certain techniques (special attacks) might just down the enemy and you need it wait for it to come back to unleash another attack. But we'll see if there is a comboing system with multiplayer.

Shade-
Nov 18, 2005, 11:51 PM
well, since this is on weapon types, I figure this is the best place to put this, a new list I made of confirmed weapon classes that have been shown on the PSU website or in videos.

Most are already shown in pictures from the Nov 11 update, but there are a few new ones (or ones I personally just found, I'm slow sometimes)

Saber
sword
dagger
dbl saber
claw
partisan/spear
Axe 1:20 (!!!)
Knuckle 0:57
Katana? 1:01 enemy, curved blade

Handgun
rifle
mechgun
shot
launcher/laser
bow

Wand
Rod

Times are where they appear in the "The Battle of PSU" video. Oh, and with pointing things out in that video, at 1:27, Maya's boobs jiggle a lot... *ahem*

Anyway, that's 17 of the 20. This is assuming the axe is seperate from thw sword and spear class, and the Katana class is seperate from saber. So I guess it's at 15-17 classes, depending on interpretation. As for the remaining 3-5, I hope we can assume that slicers will be in there, and I'd like to hope that they put in a Card/throwing item class this time. But even with both of those returning, that should give at least one more new class we have yet to see. Tell me if I forgot any.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shade- on 2005-11-18 20:53 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Nov 19, 2005, 10:04 AM
Uh, that wasnt a jiggle (& BELIEVE ME, I noticed it too). Full on bounce. Did they hire DOA devs to work on the FMV in the game? If so, THANK YOU! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh & if theres 20 possible wep types & 17 were mentioned, what are the other 3? No way in hell an axe would be left out. Im planning on an axe for my beast, afterall. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shade-
Nov 20, 2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah, the axe alone makes reconsider not using a beast. I can just imagine, 280 pounds of furious animal lunging at the enemy flailing a huge ass axe. But I just cant see a human using one like that. All scrawny and pathetic, struggling to swing it.

tank1
Nov 21, 2005, 06:43 AM
Aslong as the Yasminkov's and the Snow Queen are in PSU then its all good to me. Im going 100% ranger and these are all the weapons i need.

Kent
Nov 21, 2005, 07:46 AM
I don't know... I just get the feeling that Launchers will be different from the Laser, because the Laser looks to me like it's going to be a constant-fire weapon, doing damage over time while it's hitting an enemy. Launchers, on the other hand, seem like they'd for more being like a rocket launcher. :/

The Axe also looked like it was used differently than a sword or spear, so it looks like it'll be a different weapon class...

So, counting launcher and laser separately, and counting axe and katana separately from other types (which is likely, for katana at least, see Episodes 1&2/Blue Burst; the axe looked like it was used differently than a sword or anything, as well), and counting Slicers and cards, that makes 20 weapon types.

ColonD
Nov 22, 2005, 09:17 AM
I do hope they keep all the weapon types from PSO.
While I haven't played the original PS series, I have looked up information, and I think it's fun to find referances. Hehe.
And for the love of rag rappys, I hope they stay.
Anyway, talking about weapons... any mention of Monster Weapons, or quest weapons? (ex: The Soul Eater) And will they at least have Scyth resembling Partizans? (Or hopeful more then 1 this time?)
The bows look quite Nifty indeed.
And I liked the slicer type. Though not the most popular of weapons, Someone said that they've been in the previous PS games, so I hope to see them.
Buh this time around, I don't like how that one claw looks. Oh well.

Neith
Nov 22, 2005, 09:28 AM
I'm quite interested in the claw, dual-wielding two claws on a beast-chick =D

I'm hoping for a lot of different claw types- dual-wielding 3-prong claws would look awesome.

Heh, Zhang He from Dynasty Warriors..

Since it's 99% likely I'll be using a beast-chick, Im not too bothered about most weapon types- the claw attacks looked crazy though =O

PhruitBaskit
Nov 22, 2005, 07:36 PM
Two claws...I'm thinking of a Freddy type weapon. Time to go to Elm Street http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But they'll definately be a fun slashing weapon, especially with two of 'em...