PDA

View Full Version : Oww

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know of any way to stop or dull the pain of a really sore tooth? Like this thing is just driving me nuts and you can't use this ora-jell crap consistently or you'll have to contact poison control and I don't feel like getting poisoned today...

I think I'm just not go to school today and take a benadryll to put me out for the day, my mom keeps forgetting to call the dentist...which is ridiculous, but she has a reminder today so she won't forget this time.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 18, 2005, 11:47 AM
You may need a root canal buddy. Sorry about that, it will suck.

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 12:35 PM
I already expected that so it's ok. A warm washcloth is pretty helpful, more than I expected. It kills the pain in like 5 seconds, the apptmnt is already set up so that's good, less waiting for me...

VioletSkye
Nov 18, 2005, 12:41 PM
Actually, what works the best is to get some Clove Oil (make sure it is the oil and not something like ground cloves.) Then very carefully apply a little tiny bit along the gumline of your sore tooth. Be careful not to use too much because it's strong stuff lol. Just dip a toothpick in the bottle and gently use that to dab some on the gumline (front and back.) It may take a second or two but it should relieve the pain almost completely. I did this while waiting to get my root canal last week and it was the only thing that got me through the wait. It make take a few applications, but eventually it will deaden (numb) that area. Hope that helps (it worked wonders for me) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
On 2005-11-18 09:41, VioletSkye wrote:
Actually, what works the best is to get some Clove Oil (make sure it is the oil and not something like ground cloves.) Then very carefully apply a little tiny bit along the gumline of your sore tooth. Be careful not to use too much because it's strong stuff lol. Just dip a toothpick in the bottle and gently use that to dab some on the gumline (front and back.) It may take a second or two but it should relieve the pain almost completely. I did this while waiting to get my root canal last week and it was the only thing that got me through the wait. It make take a few applications, but eventually it will deaden (numb) that area. Hope that helps (it worked wonders for me) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Woah, thanks very much. When my mom gets home I'm going to make her go get some of that, hopefully it'll save me from going crazy, you know what I mean since you had to deal with it a week or 2 ago.

Derek0660
Nov 18, 2005, 03:46 PM
On 2005-11-18 02:38, Rion772 wrote:

Does anyone know of any way to stop or dull the pain of a really sore tooth?

Play lots of PSO!!!!

Wyndham
Nov 18, 2005, 04:32 PM
On 2005-11-18 12:46, Derek0660 wrote:

Play lots of PSO!!!!

actually, i find videogames DO distract me from pain.
you can try it if you want.

Rion772
Nov 18, 2005, 06:35 PM
On 2005-11-18 13:32, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2005-11-18 12:46, Derek0660 wrote:

Play lots of PSO!!!!

actually, i find videogames DO distract me from pain.
you can try it if you want.

That does work for me, but I just got back from the dentist...they took me in as soon as they could and gave me ibuprofen (800mg) and penacillin so I'm good until they pull it out on monday, no root canal either.

Derek0660
Nov 18, 2005, 07:50 PM
they took me in as soon as they could and gave me ibuprofen (800mg)

Tha's one hell of a big pill!

Qrrrbrbirbel
Nov 19, 2005, 01:19 AM
Does anyone know of any way to stop or dull the pain of a really sore tooth? Like this thing is just driving me nuts and you can't use this ora-jell crap consistently or you'll have to contact poison control and I don't feel like getting poisoned today...

I think I'm just not go to school today and take a benadryll to put me out for the day, my mom keeps forgetting to call the dentist...which is ridiculous, but she has a reminder today so she won't forget this time.

Hopefully Benadryl (http://starblast.org/starsongs/benadryl.mp3) will help your day better http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Nov 20, 2005, 09:38 PM
On 2005-11-18 16:50, Derek0660 wrote:

they took me in as soon as they could and gave me ibuprofen (800mg)

Tha's one hell of a big pill!

Yeah tell me about it, it's like a friggin horse pill. Surprisingly it goes down pretty easy though.

Yeah, benadryl rules...

Ahh I just got back, what an agonizing experience...hurt so bad. The worst is behind me though, pretty sweet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-21 15:12 ]</font>