PDA

View Full Version : Is there a TP bar?

Fredrick
Nov 19, 2005, 10:51 AM
I'm sure this has been talked about before but... I wasnt here for it so w/e. What happens when you use magic? I mean... what gets used up?

Kent
Nov 19, 2005, 10:54 AM
So far, we don't know if magic is even in the game.

There is no TP, either. There are Photon Points on your weapons, and when you have a force-style weapon (rods, wands, etc. called "hues") equipped, you don't attack with it, but instead, you cat techniques, which use up PP apon use.

F-o-x
Nov 19, 2005, 12:25 PM
But the thing is... people playing the demo found monofluids. So we still aren't 100% sure about everyone not having TP yet.

Tomonari
Nov 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
On 2005-11-19 07:54, Kent wrote:
So far, we don't know if magic is even in the game.

There is no TP, either. There are Photon Points on your weapons, and when you have a force-style weapon (rods, wands, etc. called "hues") equipped, you don't attack with it, but instead, you cat techniques, which use up PP apon use.

O_O Wow that's a weird way to cast magic.

Dre_o
Nov 19, 2005, 01:13 PM
O_O Wow that's a weird way to cast magic.

Not quite, you can ask OdinTyler for a more detailed explenation but I'll put it in a nut shell. Techs need items to help channel the power or very experienced users.

We don't know for sure if certain non Hao weapons will be able to use techs, like rare weapons, but I'm sure something like that will exist.

Alisha
Nov 19, 2005, 03:28 PM
i suspect that newmans will be able to use techs without the use of equipment somehow. otherwise that wouldnt have much advantage over the other races

beast-strongest race cant use techs or guns
cast-cant use techs best accuracy
human-all around
newmans?

Dre_o
Nov 19, 2005, 04:02 PM
On 2005-11-19 12:28, Alisha wrote:
i suspect that newmans will be able to use techs without the use of equipment somehow. otherwise that wouldnt have much advantage over the other races

human-all around
newmans?

Actually, apparently droids can use techs from what we have been told but I could be wrong.

_Tek_
Nov 19, 2005, 05:06 PM
The newmans will probably get advanced magic ability, but basically since each race can use any kind of weapon, they put techs on rods and such do casts can use them. I think its to define the 3 weapons classes a bit more, and more balance.

OdinTyler
Nov 20, 2005, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I forgot to bring that up. I did see monofluids out in the field. This means that you do have magic & can replenish it or the fluids are a way to replenish PP. I never actually used the fluid, so, I have no idea what it does in PSU. LOL

Kent
Nov 20, 2005, 02:23 AM
Fluids most likely are there to replenish PP.

At this point, thinking of techniques not attached to weapons, seems to be little more than wishful thinking... So far, everything we've seen points to hues being the only way of casting techniques. :/

Lovejuice
Nov 20, 2005, 08:00 AM
I think the most chilling piece of evidence pointing towards the "BRANDISH YOUR ROD, HARRY" technique setup was the original E3 2004 video, brought up by Espiokaos. In there, Mirei was seen utilising a Rod to blast her way to victory. I mean come on, she totally personifies the whole ditzy-airy-fairy-flaky magic user of video game lore! If she must, so will you! The whole idea of having inherent 'magical power' but needing a weapon to channel such seems to be the way it's going.

If Sega have had this idea in place since those early stages, I'm sure they won't fudge up the use of the magic system.. too much. We're yet to see (m)any Newmans brandishing magic in battle, and the only one we have seen - in a 'Network' video on Kikizo (the link escapes me right now) - the Resta-spamming Newman was indeed using a Rod to cast the lovely green goo.

Although, I guess you have to remember that being built as a PS2 game, much in the way of the Dreamcast, there is a limit on how many hotkeys you can actually have (unlike PSO:BB). I imagine more advanced rods might open up more slots or 'palettes', where pressing R2 or something will 'flip' the action palette to another side, where you have prepared more spells - much like you could in the original PSO to utilise 3 more magic tricks (or other actions).

And then of course there's the Newman 'special ability' - if they're getting one - who know what that could entail..

OdinTyler
Nov 20, 2005, 01:06 PM
I should clear up a few things mentioned here:

1. Its not that beasts cant use guns. Theyre just not as good with them as another race would be. This means they could possibly use them, just have lower accuracy. This is like Rangers in PSO having the benefit of high accuracy, unlike the other classes.

2. Casts (androids) have mental strength. Low, but, they have it. They may not necessarily cast spells, but, theyll use PP for their specials.

3. Please dont compare PSU to...ugh...Harry Potter (even if there IS a connection). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

_Tek_
Nov 20, 2005, 04:24 PM
I think a beast would be comparable to a hucast, high atp, low ata.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 22, 2005, 08:12 PM
On 2005-11-19 13:02, Dre_o wrote:

human-all around
newmans?

Actually, apparently droids can use techs from what we have been told but I could be wrong.

That looks like list of races from PSO (plus beasts). In PSU, beasts CAN use guns, casts CAN use techs, and, well, the rest looks right. What advantages do we know of for newmans?