PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find the 360's game emulators yet?

eXo
Nov 23, 2005, 12:42 AM
Because i am getting frustrated i want to play like ninja gaiden or something.

ABDUR101
Nov 23, 2005, 12:45 AM
The official emulators will be released via LIVE as they are released.

eXo
Nov 23, 2005, 01:15 AM
Oh ok so that explains it thanks = lol

Kent
Nov 23, 2005, 04:21 PM
You also require a hard drive, to play any Xbox games on it (for those of you who don't know).

ChaosDragon
Nov 28, 2005, 08:52 AM
Well...I still search for an good NinDS Emu
but i only find crap in the net...does anyone know a site wehre they have a working emulator ?

Ketchup345
Nov 28, 2005, 10:38 AM
You can't ask about emulators here. From the Forum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum):

20. Illegal Activities
Warez or illegal related content of any kind is grounds to be banned by our discretion.Links to such material as well as requests for it, are considered the same as posting the actual material.
You may not ask for Warez, ROMs, or MP3s or ask for links to such sites containing specified content and you may not provide links to such sites.

Emulators for the 360 are allowed to be discussed because they are talking about what the 360 needs to play original XBox games (the 360 is not natively backwards compatable, but requires emulators provided by Microsoft).

Link00seven
Nov 28, 2005, 01:45 PM
On 2005-11-28 05:52, ChaosDragon wrote:
Well...I still search for an good NinDS Emu
but i only find crap in the net...does anyone know a site wehre they have a working emulator ?

Consider that a verbal warning. Read Ketchup345's post and the rest of the forum rules please.

Kent
Nov 28, 2005, 07:09 PM
For clarification purposes, I'll state that the Xbox 360 requires graphics emulators for playing Xbox games, due to the 360 having a GPU by ATI, and the original Xbox having one by nVidia.

eXo
Nov 28, 2005, 09:42 PM
INDEED

tank1
Nov 29, 2005, 06:21 AM
Technically emulators and roms etc are not illegal aslong as you own the said console and or games. If you dont then you must delete them within 24 hours or you are breaking piracy laws.

Kent
Nov 29, 2005, 07:49 AM
On 2005-11-29 03:21, tank1 wrote:
Technically emulators and roms etc are not illegal aslong as you own the said console and or games. If you dont then you must delete them within 24 hours or you are breaking piracy laws.

This, in essence, is a load of crap spewed by ROM sites in order to make themselves look good. Well, not necessarily good, but less bad.

Downloading ROMs, in any form, is illegal. Period. Even if you own the original.

US law states that you're allowed to make and keep a (as in, exactly one) backup copy of any software you own (especially if it's required to utilize the software). Downloading a "backup," "archival," or other-named copy of software you don't own, or even software you do own, but you get it from an external source (i.e. a ROM site), is piracy, plain and simple.

And no, an EULA can't override US law. CD copy protection is infringement apon our rights given to us as US citizens to secure our software... But I don't feel like ranting about that.

Emulation of hardware is perfectly legal... As long as you don't include a BIOS of the hardware with your emulator (or you get one from an outside source), because that's considered software (see above on software downloading).

rena-ko
Nov 29, 2005, 01:55 PM
seeing as the initial question was answered and this topic has went off topic as well, i'll close it. the threadmaker may PM me with a good reason to get it unlocked.