PDA

View Full Version : My Views On Love... (Nothing Important, Really.)

WashuSaotome
Nov 23, 2005, 05:29 AM
Love is a word that is thrown around everyday. It seems as if it lost some of its meaning.

But I'm not here to talk about that. I'd like to know about your views on love... But first, here's my share:

1) Love is a state of mind; not so much just a regular "feeling". To me, it's a mosh posh of emotions put together which triggers certain actions and feelings over time. The physical effects of love, for example, may be something I'd like to call, "that tingly little feeing that you get when that special someone gets very close to you". A mental effect may be increased sensitivity / concern you'll gain for that special someone, or something that they may care about. (Even though you wouldn't really care if it wasn't for that person.) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

2) I don't believe in "love at first sight". I say that's just another way of saying, "I have a good gut feeling that this person really likes me / I really like this person." Falling in love takes time and mental conditioning in some cases (some people *make* themselves love another person despite treatment, conditions, etc.) and would certainly take more than one day to love.

3) Can someone lust and love at once? Does lust equal love? Is love nothing more than just desire? I think lust and love is one in the same. By lust, I don't mean that it *has* to be sexual lust, but just an extreme desire for someone. Some people love their partners so much to the point of obsession... Should that be considered lust, even if the person claims to love the other? Love is desire for a person / thing / preference, right? So is lust.

Well, that's all for now. I'd like to know your thoughts and whatnot. By all means...

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 08:20 AM
Love is somewhat fake. You're right, it's really over-used and sometimes loses its meaning. Go to a big social scene, take school for example. Everyday at school I hear an "I love you" or something like that but none of them mean it. It's lust, not love because we're kids, we're too young to love another person. And if we're not we are too young to have a mature relationship.

Love at first sight = bullshit, this is because when love at first sight is equal to saying "hey you're really beutiful, I like you a lot even thought I don't even know anything about you." It's stupid in my opinion, it should be re-named "lust at first sight". However I do and don't believe there is someone out there just for me, I believe there's more than just 1, seeking out just 1 would take a lifetime unless you got real lucky. You can't just love someone right away though, like turns to love. This can take awhile, sensitive people can have it happen in a week or so. People like me have to get to know the girl first, if I don't know her I try and get to know her if she seems interested. I'm doing this right now with a girl in 2 of my classes.

I'll add more later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-23 05:22 ]</font>

Daikarin
Nov 23, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'd like to throw my two (or do you say five?) cents too.

1) It's bigger and much more complex as a chain reaction of chemical reactions and emotions. It's energy, emanated from your brain. No energy is lost, neither won, all energy is transformed.

2) I do believe in love in first sight. I don't believe that all people have a good eye sight.

3) Love without lust is friendship. Lust without love is emotionless sex.

PJ
Nov 23, 2005, 06:18 PM
Rion, just because we're younger doesn't mean we're incapable of love. You're right that we (Generally) can't have a serious relationship, but it's annoying when people think all teenage love is fake love.

Yes, some of, "Us," find a girlfriend/boyfriend just to say, "Woopee, I have a girlfriend/boyfriend, I'm cool now," but that doesn't make it true all, or even most, of the time.

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 07:45 PM
On 2005-11-23 14:36, Daikarin wrote:
I'd like to throw my two (or do you say five?) cents too.

1) It's bigger and much more complex as a chain reaction of chemical reactions and emotions. It's energy, emanated from your brain. No energy is lost, neither won, all energy is transformed.

2) I do believe in love in first sight. I don't believe that all people have a good eye sight.

3) Love without lust is friendship. Lust without love is emotionless sex.

Those are some good points, and yes it is 2 cents...or 2 meseta. Same difference...

Derek0660
Nov 23, 2005, 10:37 PM
On 2005-11-23 05:20, Rion772 wrote:

People like me have to get to know the girl first, if I don't know her I try and get to know her if she seems interested. I'm doing this right now with a girl in 2 of my classes.

Oh yeah me too
She is even in 2 of my classes too

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 10:45 PM
On 2005-11-23 19:37, Derek0660 wrote:

On 2005-11-23 05:20, Rion772 wrote:

People like me have to get to know the girl first, if I don't know her I try and get to know her if she seems interested. I'm doing this right now with a girl in 2 of my classes.

Oh yeah me too
She is even in 2 of my classes too

That's ironic.

For me I have 2 different types of days. AC and BD days. I have AC classes and BD classes, and a D class. I see her in art on AC days and I see her in global on BD days so I see her everyday ATLEAST once if we're both there. She seems interested too, pretty sweet for me, sucks for her boyfriend.

InfinityXXX
Nov 23, 2005, 11:07 PM
Hmmmm,

1) Love is something that exist and almost anyone can experience it but most people confuse love with like. I've had many girlfriends and I never loved any of them, I just liked them A LOT. To love someone is to care for someone, want to protect them, enjoy their company, or even die for them. Think about how you feel towards your parent or gaurdian or sibling.

2) Love can be experienced by anyone of any agee. People often limit love to just an emotion experienced between a man and woman but love is an emotion that one can feel towards a pet,an object or a persons parents. To say a 5 to 10 year old can't love is just....off.(To say they can't find a sole mate is more accurate)

3) Love at first sight can be experience but the chances of it are VERY low. I've never had love at first site but more of like at first site. I think in MOST cases, love is something that is built up after months and years but there is such thing as love at first sight but it is very rare.

4.) People often set TOO many preferences on people. I use to set a lot of preferences on who I date and I got no dates. I know we all have some preferences like, for me, I'm a sucker for almost any girl that wear braids or wear their hair naturally(weaves are nice but if a weave is worn wrong.....the results can be disastorous)....but if you keep to these preferences closely and strictly you might miss the person for you.

5.) Love and Lust. For people that are having a hard time with the differences of love and lust....here is my opinion. Love, like I stated earlier, is when you really care for that person(think of your parent or guardian) on the other hand you have lust. Lust is................................................ ..............*drumroll*.......................... ...............

.......a booty call. Yup. A booty call. If your sole purpose of being with this guy or girl is for sex and/or after the sex you really have nothing to do with that girl or guy, then your experiencing lust. Sex is an important part of love but if your in the relationship just for sex then that is lust.

on that note

6.)To many people use sex with love wrong. Some people try to use sex in place of love and thats wrong. I've seen so many girls lose their virginity to their boyfriends just so they can keep him longer, satisfy him, or in fear that he may be losing intrest. This is very wrong. Sex is nothing more than the next level of your relationship. It should be something that you and your partner want to do.

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 11:15 PM
On 2005-11-23 20:07, InfinityXXX wrote:
Hmmmm,

1) Love is something that exist and almost anyone can experience it but most people confuse love with like. I've had many girlfriends and I never loved any of them, I just liked them A LOT. To love someone is to care for someone, want to protect them, enjoy their company, or even die for them. Think about how you feel towards your parent or gaurdian or sibling.

2) Love can be experienced by anyone of any agee. People often limit love to just an emotion experienced between a man and woman but love is an emotion that one can feel towards a pet,an object or a persons parents. To say a 5 to 10 year old can't love is just....off.(To say they can't find a sole mate is more accurate)

3) Love at first sight can be experience but the chances of it are VERY low. I've never had love at first site but more of like at first site. I think in MOST cases, love is something that is built up after months and years but there is such thing as love at first sight but it is very rare.

4.) People often set TOO many preferences on people. I use to set a lot of preferences on who I date and I got no dates. I know we all have some preferences like, for me, I'm a sucker for almost any girl that wear braids or wear their hair naturally(weaves are nice but if a weave is worn wrong.....the results can be disastorous)....but if you keep to these preferences closely and strictly you might miss the person for you.

5.) Love and Lust. For people that are having a hard time with the differences of love and lust....here is my opinion. Love, like I stated earlier, is when you really care for that person(think of your parent or guardian) on the other hand you have lust. Lust is................................................ ..............*drumroll*.......................... ...............

.......a booty call. Yup. A booty call. If your sole purpose of being with this guy or girl is for sex and/or after the sex you really have nothing to do with that girl or guy, then your experiencing lust. Sex is an important part of love but if your in the relationship just for sex then that is lust.

on that note

6.)To many people use sex with love wrong. Some people try to use sex in place of love and thats wrong. I've seen so many girls lose their virginity to their boyfriends just so they can keep him longer, satisfy him, or in fear that he may be losing intrest. This is very wrong. Sex is nothing more than the next level of your relationship. It should be something that you and your partner want to do.

I agree with you 100%. Anything that I missed or mis-worded in, this is what I meant. Also, for me, I'm really critical. I get this for hanging out with my neighbor/best friend too much. He is super critical and some of that rubbed off on me. So for me it's like, if it's not like at first sight then nothing's really going to happen. Also I tend to pick out the girls flaws first...I can see the non-flaws...er good things right away but flaws interest me more. I like the good things...who doesn't, but it's the flaws that kill relationships so if I don't like the flaws then I won't bother and still just be friends. Wierd, non?

DamonKatu
Nov 23, 2005, 11:24 PM
On 2005-11-23 02:29, WashuSaotome wrote:
Love is a word that is thrown around everyday. It seems as if it lost some of its meaning.

But I'm not here to talk about that. I'd like to know about your views on love... But first, here's my share:

1) Love is a state of mind; not so much just a regular "feeling". To me, it's a mosh posh of emotions put together which triggers certain actions and feelings over time. The physical effects of love, for example, may be something I'd like to call, "that tingly little feeing that you get when that special someone gets very close to you". A mental effect may be increased sensitivity / concern you'll gain for that special someone, or something that they may care about. (Even though you wouldn't really care if it wasn't for that person.) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

2) I don't believe in "love at first sight". I say that's just another way of saying, "I have a good gut feeling that this person really likes me / I really like this person." Falling in love takes time and mental conditioning in some cases (some people *make* themselves love another person despite treatment, conditions, etc.) and would certainly take more than one day to love.

3) Can someone lust and love at once? Does lust equal love? Is love nothing more than just desire? I think lust and love is one in the same. By lust, I don't mean that it *has* to be sexual lust, but just an extreme desire for someone. Some people love their partners so much to the point of obsession... Should that be considered lust, even if the person claims to love the other? Love is desire for a person / thing / preference, right? So is lust.

Well, that's all for now. I'd like to know your thoughts and whatnot. By all means...

I beleave you on one and two but I dont beleave that love and lust is the same. Lust is preaty much you WANT her while Love is what you really need. when u lust om someone, its preaty much fake love that isnt noticed to regular people. When I fell in love with margarette (charters trinity, infenity, and eternity), I felt something I never felt when I met other women. It felt like if my soul was connected with her soul; so I called our relationship a "soul conection". we met in forest one time in battle mode with her bf checkoff. At first, I mistook her as an average guy sence we rule online gaming. That where I learned to ask before shooting.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I was happy to hear that she was getting married to a "good" man. but after two mouths, she found out that HE BEEN PLAYING HER BEHIND HER BACK! she canceled the wedding left him behind cold! She broke her leg when she told me this story so I comfort her. After a year, we got to know each other and I really got connected to her. then, I felt weard. I couldnt explane what was in me. It "glowed" from within me, bigger and bigger after everytime we got to know each other. then...I knew I had to tell her how I feel. I did when we first did ep2 together in the VR field over the sun set. I was in love with her. but it didnt take long for his return...He cussed at both at us, daming us like demons in a church. she had to barrow her friend's GC to avoid him. It worked for ten years but her friend had to cancel her account one day and all heck broke loose. Its been sence aug. sence I last saw her. I eben have nightmares of her dieing on some night...now I cant feel her, like if she has died. But I just can give up. I know that *cencored* is watching! But I cant do this alone. A free soul is not free w/o love.

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 11:31 PM
On 2005-11-23 20:24, DamonKatu wrote:

I beleave you on one and two but I dont beleave that love and lust is the same. Lust is preaty much you WANT her while Love is what you really need. when u lust om someone, its preaty much fake love that isnt noticed to regular people. When I fell in love with margarette (charters trinity, infenity, and eternity), I felt something I never felt when I met other women. It felt like if my soul was connected with her soul; so I called our relationship a "soul conection". we met in forest one time in battle mode with her bf checkoff. At first, I mistook her as an average guy sence we rule online gaming. That where I learned to ask before shooting.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I was happy to hear that she was getting married to a "good" man. but after two mouths, she found out that HE BEEN PLAYING HER BEHIND HER BACK! she canceled the wedding left him behind cold! She broke her leg when she told me this story so I comfort her. After a year, we got to know each other and I really got connected to her. then, I felt weard. I couldnt explane what was in me. It "glowed" from within me, bigger and bigger after everytime we got to know each other. then...I knew I had to tell her how I feel. I did when we first did ep2 together in the VR field over the sun set. I was in love with her. but it didnt take long for his return...He cussed at both at us, daming us like demons in a church. she had to barrow her friend's GC to avoid him. It worked for ten years but her friend had to cancel her account one day and all heck broke loose. Its been sence aug. sence I last saw her. I eben have nightmares of her dieing on some night...now I cant feel her, like if she has died. But I just can give up. I know that *cencored* is watching! But I cant do this alone. A free soul is not free w/o love.

How touching, get a room! (jk). Go find your lady bro, don't be lazy.

Solstis
Nov 23, 2005, 11:47 PM
Nice account Damon, other than this bit, considering that PSO hasn't existed that long.

It worked for ten years but her friend had to cancel her account one day and all heck broke loose.

I'm waiting for someone to come in here, rambling about love's nonexistence. At the same time, people do have the tendency to fluff up the metaphysical aspects of the emotion.

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2005, 12:22 AM
1. I think the problem with people falling in love at a young age is that you really don't know who you are at that point in time. Neither does your partner. As both partners grow up, and develop as individuals - the people they become may be totally incompatable with each other.

2. Lust isn't quite what I would say most "love" is. People can be in love, without being in love with each other. Some people, unfortunately, are simply in love with the feeling of being in love and don't realize it until it's too late.

3. Love at first sight exists, but it's rare.

4. Love doesn't just happen. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, from both parties, to sustain it as the years go by.

5. Love is just a breath away from hatred. Sometimes, the couple who fight and argues the most - are the couple who's love is the strongest. Often it's the couples who never fight who are the ones to have their relationships end badly.

6. You cannot have substancial love without respect, trust, and faith in your partner in their purest form. These aren't nearly all there is to it, but they are the foundation.

7. Love is far too complex in all it's many forms to be accurately summed up in 7 simple points. It changes from person to person, age to age, situation to situation. At 26 years old, I'm still learning new things about love every single day of my life... just as I'm sure I still will be when I'm old and grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-11-23 21:30 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 24, 2005, 12:31 AM
On 2005-11-23 21:22, Sinue_v2 wrote:
1. I think the problem with people falling in love at a young age is that you really don't know who you are at that point in time. Neither does your partner. As both partners grow up, and develop as individuals - the people they become may be totally incompatable with each other.

2. Lust isn't quite what I would say most "love" is. People can be in love, without being in love with each other. Some people, unfortunately, are simply in love with the feeling of being in love.

3. Love at first sight exists, but it's rare.

4. Love doesn't just happen. It takes work, from both parties to sustain it as the years go by.

5. Love is just a breath away from hatred. Sometimes, the couple who fight and argues the most - are the couple who's love is the strongest. Often it's the couples who never fight who are the ones to have their relationships end badly.

6. Love is far too complex in all it's many forms to be accurately summed up in 6 simple points. It changes from person to person, age to age, situation to situation. At 26 years old, I'm still learning new things about love every single day of my life... just as I'm sure I still will be when I'm old and grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-11-23 21:26 ]</font>

You know what's wierd ...you can like/love (it's like in my case, havn't experienced love yet)someone or something but hate so much stuff about them. Like some of my friends that are girls, which I've liked in the past are perfect examples. I really liked them and yet I hated so many things about them, like I seriously loved their bad qualities that I hated in some wierd way if that makes sense at all. Like for example, the girl I like now, I hate the fact that she's ...emo, but I really do like the way her personality is and I KNOW that it wouldn't be the same if she wasn't emo. Like I hate the fact that she is, but I really wouldn't have it any other way in some sense. At my school emo kids are cool in some grades and frowned upon in others and I would rather have her be a preppy type girl but even if she wasn't and isn't I still like her. It's really wierd, does anyone else know this feeling?

Orange_Coconut
Nov 24, 2005, 12:46 AM
I don't know, I mean, it's obvious that the word 'love' has a different meaning to many people. But I don't think there's really a way to define it generally, which is what society tries to do. Though, here are my views of love:

Love is the balance of emotions between you and another. It shifts through the good and the bad because there is no love without conflict. Whether the conflict is yelling at one another for a while or a brief period of time, or a conflict within -- maybe it's too much to fight when you're afraid of what might happen as a result. But the important thing is that you are okay with how it works, despite how others view it.

It's not all lovey-dovey, there is no rainbow of happiness that beams down on your verdant forest-of-a-backyard whilst the doves sing for your enjoyment. In other words, there is too much care and worry put into the relationship for everything to go on without even having silly little fights.

There are sacrifices made, people change because of being in a relationship with the one they love. Not necessarily entirely as a person, but little things -- which can be considered as big things to them or their mate. This is a bit harder to explain, because I'm not talking about shallow things here. I don't exactly know how to explain it at the moment.

I don't know what to say to "Love is not jealous." On one hand, I would say that this should be true since if you truly are in love you trust that there is nothing that could get in the way of you and your mate. However, it is human nature to feel a wide variety of emotions, and jealousy is definitely one of them. Sometimes suspicions may occur, or sometimes insecurities can get the best of you, so maybe this quote applies to some but not all.
I'm probably repeating this, but, overcoming the bad things that happen between the two of you is important. To look at the situation, to be able to work things out, find out what went wrong, where and why. Sometimes it is as simple as looking at the same situation in different perspectives, sometimes someone may have said or done something they didn't mean to or that was taken the wrong way. Of course, there are times when the fight seems to been provoked, but things can work out if they're talked out. Not all the time, of course, depending on how much you really know about this person, or how much of certain things you can take.

But, most importantly, I feel that love is different for everyone. There will always be sharing of feelings about love, and other subjects as well, but the life that one person has led and the people around that person, the suggestions of society taken in or tossed from care as well as other things growing up, can determine what that person finds to be how love works.

DamonKatu
Nov 24, 2005, 04:34 PM
On 2005-11-23 20:31, Rion772 wrote:

How touching, get a room! (jk). Go find your lady bro, don't be lazy.

dang thats long http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.0: anyways, I have one of my dad's cousand to help me out but my familly wants me to give up on her...but I refuse to do that! She lived in FL so she could be with the others who fleed the state so I really need help. Sence ur the anti hero...wellll...you wouldnt care abit. I have to figure out my next move if I want to find her. Which states are most of them running to? I know AR has thousands of them. Tx and LA is out of the question, she didnt play online sence aug, and the only one that knows how to work a computer.. I have her GC number but they resirict people searches by these numbers. (private laws)I guest I have to figure a way by this-*puts on night vision goggles* OW MY EYES! its not night yet...*eyes glows* anyways, Im not in a good position right now sence im always busy in college. but im off 5 weeks in college on xmas break! I can use that time to find her! I just have to make the dage finals...:falls:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-24 13:38 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 24, 2005, 09:47 PM
Have fun, good luck. Now, get through those finals and...FIND YOUR LADY!!!

DamonKatu
Nov 25, 2005, 11:44 AM
I will try hard on the finals and Ill never give up on her. I had a fitness class this year just in case. (flexes) I know this one good move that brings the big guys down.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 05:55 AM
I'd like to say something about the young love. Why is it so many people doubt young love? Its true, most adolescents are naive, and probably incapable of love...but i have to point this out. I'm 15 years old, a sophomore in high school, and to be honest, I dont want high school drama that flies around. I want the real deal right here, right now. I dont want to spend forever looking for someone special, I want to have the time of my life already, and people who fear dedication...it's going to hit them sooner or later. I have a girlfriend, its been about a month and 2-3 weeks we've been together now, and I'd like to believe things go extremely well, but there's always a feeling of disbelief in love. Will it last forever? Is this the love of my life? I've told myself 'this is love' before, but now i realize it was just dumb. The dreams and emotions i had were all fake, unrealistic desires driven by nothing more than lust. I realize this now, and i dont want to make anymore wrong choices, I will always hope the person i choose will be the right person, and that search will eventually end. I love love. I think its a great subject, with as many problems and questions as there are answers and wonders. Thats what makes love so great, thats what makes it indescribable. Maybe this has already been said in some history of quotes, but i think; We think with our brains, we love with our hearts. We cannot think someone is right, we know someone is right. There's just that feeling in our hearts that tells us this is love.....thisis love.......

Sinue_v2
Nov 26, 2005, 11:21 AM
zwandude15, it's like the song says though. Sometimes love just ain't enough. Many relationships end, not because of a lack of love, but because something else is lacking in the relationship. You've yet to deal with many of the stresses and trials of a relationship. I'm not going to say that it's not possible for high-school love to last... but it is very difficult, because as I said - people grow and expand their personalities. I'm certainly not at all the same person I was when I was in highschool - and I don't honestly know anyone who is.

The stress of growing up and growing apart, the need to see more of the world and more of the people in it to make sure that the one you're with is the "right" one, is really powerful. Not to mention the stresses of money, family, time apart, time together, and all... it's just very unlikely that young people "know" the type of person they want to spend a good portion (if not all) of their lives with.

Honestly, I'd say it's equally hard, if not harder, to keep a young love going than it is to keep a long-distance love going.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 03:31 PM
On 2005-11-26 08:21, Sinue_v2 wrote:
zwandude15, it's like the song says though. Sometimes love just ain't enough. Many relationships end, not because of a lack of love, but because something else is lacking in the relationship. You've yet to deal with many of the stresses and trials of a relationship. I'm not going to say that it's not possible for high-school love to last... but it is very difficult, because as I said - people grow and expand their personalities. I'm certainly not at all the same person I was when I was in highschool - and I don't honestly know anyone who is.

The stress of growing up and growing apart, the need to see more of the world and more of the people in it to make sure that the one you're with is the "right" one, is really powerful. Not to mention the stresses of money, family, time apart, time together, and all... it's just very unlikely that young people "know" the type of person they want to spend a good portion (if not all) of their lives with.

Honestly, I'd say it's equally hard, if not harder, to keep a young love going than it is to keep a long-distance love going.

Is this a message that love cannot last? Understanding it could last, although difficult, wouldn't that make love feel that much more accomplishing? To know someone from such a young point in your life, and get to know and love each other more and more during our lifetime, wouldnt that be such a great feeling? Perhaps you're right, people do change, I can understand where you're coming from, but this is just something to greatly consider, and almost acknowledge with our decisions. You've given me something to think about Sinue, although I have to say again, I want the real deal here, and have the time of my life already, isnt this something everyone, even you desire?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2005-11-26 12:32 ]</font>

Solstis
Nov 26, 2005, 04:02 PM
If you're having the time of your life at 15, I doubt that the rest of your life will be all that interesting. Love is nice, hell, love is great, but it is not the alpha and the omega. It is not the culmilation of all human existence.

On that note, I don't know what life is all about, but trying to rush into a loving relationship ain't it. You can enjoy your life loving one person just as easily as you can with a great many good friendships. People tend to feel as if there's something missing because it's just expected that everyone be in a relationship. It's not necessary, but it can be beneficial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-11-26 13:03 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Nov 28, 2005, 04:16 PM
DK was so bored that he kicked a rock and send it flying into someone's head.

DK:oops, sorry! *dases* (who am I kidding...she could be anywhere in the world by now. I know their are some people in FL, not even they would know where in the world Margarette is now. an indian/irish/german woman with blue eyes like that today would be rare for a guy like me. But she is a wounderful woman who needs someone to lissen to her. I never knew tha their was a woman like that. I hope shes ok...)

Scejntjynahl
Nov 28, 2005, 05:33 PM
I believe you on one and two but I dont believe that love and lust is the same. Lust is preety much that you WANT her while Love is what you really need.
What the hell are you talking about? Lust is merely a desire of one's body, nothing more. Love is lust AND a desire of her/his mind, feelings, everything that comes with that person

when u lust someone, its preety much fake love that isn't noticed to regular people.
Uh, regular people? What regular people? And fake love? Do you mean people that use the word "love" to get sexual favors?

When I fell in love with margarette (charters trinity, infenity, and eternity), I felt something I never felt when I met other women. It felt like if my soul was connected with her soul; so I called our relationship a "soul conection". we met in forest one time in battle mode with her bf checkoff.
Wait a second... have you met her in person yet?

At first, I mistook her as an average guy since we rule online gaming.
Oh yes, because only guys are good at games >.>

That is where I learned to ask before shooting.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I was happy to hear that she was getting married to a "good" man. but after two mouths
(I am assuming you meant "months")

, she found out that HE BEEN PLAYING HER BEHIND HER BACK!
Well with two mouths, of course he would be unfaithfull >.>

she cancelled the wedding left him behind cold! She then broke her leg sometime before she told me this story so I tried to comfort her. After a year, we got to know each other and I really got connected to her. Then, I felt weird. I couldnit explaine what was in me. It "glowed" from within me, bigger and bigger after everytime we got to know each other.
Are you sure it wasn't heartburn? Or just plain habit of continually playing games with her online?

Then...I knew I had to tell her how I felt. I did when we first did ep2 together in the VR field over the sun set.
Yes because nothing says "I love you" more better than a digital sunset in a digital world >.>

I was in love with her. but it didnt take long for the exboyfriend to return...He cussed at both at us, damning us like demons in a church. she had to borrow her friend's GC to avoid him. It worked for ten years
Hold that thought for a minute. It was my understanding that PSO has been on for about roughly FIVE years only.

but her friend had to cancel her account one day and all heck broke loose. Its been since August since I last saw her. I even have nightmares of her dying on some night...now I can't feel her, like if she has died. But I just can't give up. I know that the exboyfriend is watching! But I cant do this alone. A free soul is not free w/o love.

I could not resist, but way too many errors to let this one go unscathed. The bolded corrections are what in my opinion should have been used to make this "story" run a bit smoother.

You haven't met this person at all. It appears you don't even have this person's email or phone number for that matter. So in essence you have only "met" via PSO on GameCube. And according to you... for ten years.

Ten years? Pfft. Too many holes in your story my good friend. If I follow this simple route of deduction... in your profile it says you were born in 1986 which then means you met "Margarette" when you were NINE. And... there was no PSO Ten years ago.

And besides... "Margarette" CAN block her boyfriend on GC so he can not follow her anymore. The fact that he can would dictate that she has not blocked him at all. Furthermore if the engagement is off... why would he bother to get upset over it? I mean, he is the one that cheated right? Too many variables going on here.

... meh.

Back on topic.

Love is like truth. Individually sought after and accepted by our own limited experiences in life. Lust is an ingredient in love, but no THE only ingredient. You would be lying to yourself if you were to say you love someone (romantically mind you) and have no sexual desire for that person. It just does not happen. Hell, many marriages come to a complete halt because both parties no longer find themselves sexually attractive to each other... regardless of how emotionally bonded they are to each other.

Love needs to have a balance of acceptance, tolerance, communication, lust, understanding, etc FROM BOTH PARTIES. The balance becomes skewed when one starts to "give" up on the relationship... and when both parties do not put any "effort" love will dissappear as quickly as it appeared.

Meh, I can go on for pages, and it still would not encompass a fraction for that abstrac emotion we call love.

Go take the plunge and derive to your own definitions by living life.

DamonKatu
Nov 28, 2005, 11:40 PM
just be glade u dont live becide me cuz I would slaughter you...

Solstis
Nov 28, 2005, 11:49 PM
Love is like truth. Individually sought after and accepted by our own limited experiences in life. Lust is an ingredient in love, but no THE only ingredient. You would be lying to yourself if you were to say you love someone (romantically mind you) and have no sexual desire for that person. It just does not happen. Hell, many marriages come to a complete halt because both parties no longer find themselves sexually attractive to each other... regardless of how emotionally bonded they are to each other.

Love needs to have a balance of acceptance, tolerance, communication, lust, understanding, etc FROM BOTH PARTIES. The balance becomes skewed when one starts to "give" up on the relationship... and when both parties do not put any "effort" love will dissappear as quickly as it appeared.

Nice scen, and mostly true (since I can't claim that any opinion on emotions may be absolute). When you desire someone that you have never met, you are overcome with longing, you become infatuated. Sorry, healthy relationships require (physical) romance, or at least, the desire for it.

Yeah, I was going to point out some "plot holes," but didn't feel like getting caught up in all the potential e-angst. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, the slaughter bit is unbecoming of someone entering "adulthood."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-11-28 20:50 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Nov 28, 2005, 11:59 PM
heh, you dumbass androids alway are that foolish. You have no soul like you said. You are nonthing but scrape of human parts put into a rediculis machine. You never understand human emotions because you can never feel them. You are a devel in a foil cover just waiting for you day to rule the world. You are so complexed that you confused your data on love and lust. Foolish litte robot...I meet her and we loved each other. Love itself is a great unsolved part of life that exsist because we beleave it exsist. Dont hate me cuz you are jellous. Why dont you say that in my face sucka. *you cant see me! tant*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-28 21:05 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Nov 29, 2005, 12:32 AM
^ I think you need to find an anti-drug, buddy, and fast. I hear reading works for some people.

On the topic of love, I agree with all the sensible posts above. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Nov 29, 2005, 09:41 PM
On 2005-11-28 20:59, DamonKatu wrote:
heh, you dumbass androids alway are that foolish. You have no soul like you said. You are nonthing but scrape of human parts put into a rediculis machine. You never understand human emotions because you can never feel them.

Inabiliy to distinguish between game and reality. Check.
Bad spelling. Check.
Childish name calling. Check.

Your point instantly = moot.

On topic.
Love doesn't come with a universal truth and standard. Quit treating it like a math equation and tell everyone else what is love and what isn't.