PDA

View Full Version : Music + Sleep = ???

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 10:24 PM
If you listen to any music before you sleep or while you're laying down to sleep what do you listen to?

Does it make you feel relaxed or do you just do it to hear something you like to listen to?

EphekZ
Nov 23, 2005, 10:26 PM
Ghost in the shell-Aphex twins
Maximum electronica-Aphex twins
Acid jazz-Aphex twins

yea...I like them =D

InfinityXXX
Nov 23, 2005, 11:11 PM
Well, I usually put on some sort of neo soul or jazz and sometimes I listen to bgm from a game, and yes, it soothes your nerves and makes me sleep better but the songs I've been going to sleep are...

Shh by Frou Frou

Closer by Floetry

The Burning Sands by Final Fantasy X (bgm)

All Blues by Miles Davis

Gravity by Maxwell

digigram
Nov 23, 2005, 11:15 PM
dark gunner.. who the hell is "aphex twins"? Is it like a couple of turds that are writing crap using richard james' "aphex twin" name?

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 11:24 PM
On 2005-11-23 20:15, digigram wrote:
dark gunner.. who the hell is "aphex twins"? Is it like a couple of turds that are writing crap using richard james' "aphex twin" name?

Aphex Twins make trance. They've been around since like '96 ...or 1997... I don't know.

When I go to bed I listen to the following:

Aphex Twins - Maximum Electronica
Aphex Twins - Ghost In The Shell
and Fuel - Hemorrhage (in my hands)

Alex (darkgunner) got me stuck on aphex twins.

EphekZ
Nov 23, 2005, 11:46 PM
On 2005-11-23 20:15, digigram wrote:

like rion said its a band

ah n limewire it says aphex twins and most of the songs but it is richard james

digigram
Nov 24, 2005, 12:42 AM
yeah, i did a search for exact matches relating to "aphex twins" and found one song, something to do with tetris..

is that them? if so, it's probably the most horrible thing I have ever heard.

Dhylec
Nov 24, 2005, 12:43 AM
If it's music to go to sleep, I listen to soft & melodious songs. The kind that is relaxing & enjoyable; usually that means my folk music list. ;D

digigram
Nov 24, 2005, 12:48 AM
I either listen to my own music, my friend tim's music, boards of canada's "in a beautiful place out in the country", or aphex twin-> ' <-s "selected ambient works II or otherwise known by the acronym challenged "saw II"

good night.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-11-23 21:49 ]</font>

Qrrrbrbirbel
Nov 24, 2005, 03:08 AM
Star Salzman for me. Tatsumakisenputronic is a real good song to go to sleep to in my opinion. It's such a fighter in the rain kind of song.

roygbiv
Nov 24, 2005, 03:24 AM
Selected ambient works 2 is good... I personally prefer other stuff like boards of canada, usually listen to 'in a beautiful place out in the country' or 'music has the right to children'...

Probably my current favorite is "Vivo Sonhando" off of the Getz/Gilberto Bossa Nova album.

Zelutos
Nov 24, 2005, 03:32 AM
anything will put me to sleep http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

geewj
Nov 24, 2005, 03:38 AM
Heh, the only time I'm not listening to music is when I am going to sleep.

It's too distracting.

Zelutos
Nov 24, 2005, 03:42 AM
On 2005-11-24 00:38, geewj wrote:
Heh, the only time I'm not listening to music is when I am going to sleep.

It's too distracting.

d00d, j00 t00 w31rd...

Bladehunter
Nov 24, 2005, 04:05 AM
I tried listening to music before bed, but I always fell asleep with the music on, and then I woke up 5 am with music streaming from my radio.

FIDELCASTRO
Nov 25, 2005, 08:34 PM
i enjoy listening to The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. and some Creed, among other things.

Blitzkommando
Nov 27, 2005, 01:39 AM
I listen to both of my computers' cooling fans. The case lights give me no reason for night lights. The other advantage to having them is that I have no reason to open the air vent in my room, it stays around 72-74 all year long with no heating or air conditioning. Very relaxing.

Sadam100
Nov 27, 2005, 09:49 AM
The music i listen to is HEAVY METAL with bands like:
DragonForce
Metallica
Iron Maiden
MegaDeath

so this type of music helps me relax before I sleep

Axispoint
Nov 27, 2005, 12:48 PM
I just sort of listen to whatever, though I mainly like listening to Paul Oakenfold (especially the album "Another World"). That tends to help me sleep (though sometimes I can't sleep because I want to listen to the music, hehe). Sometimes if I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, I put in 50 Cent. I'm not really a rap fan and I'm not really into 50, but his voice and music tend to put me to sleep.

Neith
Nov 27, 2005, 01:45 PM
Incubus- Morning View is a great chillout album, that's helped me get to sleep a lot.

Although, to be honest, anything will help me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I sleep well enough anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zwandude15
Nov 27, 2005, 01:52 PM
Smashing pumpkins "adore" album puts me to sleep by the third-fourth song, haha. I'm a sleepyhead...