View Full Version : I hate static electricity...
11-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I was shocked by static electricity 60+ times while working... I really hate this.
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Holy shit. o_O;
What are you doing? For that matter, what are you wearing? If you're wearing socks, take them off.
11-26-2005, 07:26 PM
You brain uses electrical impulses to function. Get used to it. ;p
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-11-26 17:26 ]</font>
11-26-2005, 08:50 PM
pain proves that youre still alive. wimp.
11-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I think both of you are wrong. However staying on topic... everytime I touch the door to my room I am shocked... I want to cry when I leave... It is becoming so awful... I now anticipate everytime I touch a doorknob that I will get a shock... SADNESS! As if I wasn't afraid of doors enough already...;o;
11-26-2005, 11:17 PM
During fifth grade I had classes in the lower level of the school, which was underground. They had the dehumidifiers running 24/7 leaving the air very dry. Lockers were extremly annoying, especially during winter. So, I did the clever thing of pulling my cuffs down, over my hands, to ground myself when I first touched the lockers or door handles. Works like a charm and I still do that with various metal handles during winter.
11-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I remember reading somewhere on the internet that some dud who was wearing polyester and cotton on a dry day was draggin his feet on a rug and he caught on fire....so be glad that isn't you,lol.
My sister was trying to shock me in Wal-Mart a few days ago, at first I didn't mind but then she shocked me on my earring and that was kinda painful.
11-30-2005, 12:18 AM
In my 4 years working in a grocery store, you know working with plastic and metal. I've probably been shocked about 400,000 times =p.
11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
i wear a a wool interior coat and everytime i get out of my car i get shocked on my door. OUCH....i hates it.
I have an electrically charged jacket (%100 Acrylic) and it hurts like hell to take it off. For some reason, when I go to put it back on, it isn't staticky anymore. When I take it off, you can easily hear all the static. And it's my only jacket http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
12-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I've always wondered what the maximum limit for static electricity being stored in the body at one time is? If I knew what that limit is, I'd love to reach it and shock something! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But I too, have a coat that shocks me EVERY time I take it off.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.