PDA

View Full Version : PSU for PC.. Keyboard or Controller?

Cai
Dec 1, 2005, 10:40 PM
Should i just use my keyboard and mouse, or should i got and get a usb Controller.. if so what kind of controller??

F-o-x
Dec 1, 2005, 10:52 PM
Me having played predominantly consoles my entire life would go for a controller. It just feels much better (to me) to be holding a controller than having your fingers spread out on the keyboard. I'm sure if you already have some type of gaming controller you can buy a USB converter for that for less than buying a PC gaming controller (Acctually I'm not sure... not much of a PC gamer, but you can check prices).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-01 19:53 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Dec 1, 2005, 11:09 PM
Personally, I use a Logitech Dual Action Rumblepad for Blue Burst. I imagine I will do the same with PSU. With the Logitech gaming software, you can map keyboard keys to the gamepad, allowing you to make all kinds of customizations. It really came in handy, considering PSOBB's settings did not offer full gamepad customization for me.

I would say that with this type of game, a gamepad will probably work very well and be lots of fun. If you're an avid console user, a gamepad would probably be a good investment. The gamepad I have is almost identical to a PS2 controller.

Para
Dec 2, 2005, 12:01 AM
Frankly Im used to mouse and keyboard and efficient with it. So sticking with it.

Inazuma
Dec 2, 2005, 02:55 AM
since psu is being designed for the ps2 controller, thats what i will use.

Zarode
Dec 2, 2005, 08:26 AM
I have an Xbox controller hooked to a UBS port, so I might use that. It's just the more responsive controller I have. Works with almost everything (doesn't like FPS though, but mouse and keyboard is the best for that. D: ).

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 2, 2005, 03:00 PM
Honestly I don't believe that keyboard will work based on the control scheme that was used at my test play for PSU.

Zaphile
Dec 3, 2005, 12:13 AM
I've become accoustomed to using the keyboard ( and mouse, but only in one game ) to play PC games. I really want to use a controller, but I don't really like any PC ones- which is why I'm swaying twoard the PS2 release. ( Had it not cost $120, I would have gotten PS2 FFXI. But since PSU won't have a HDD, it definatly won't be that much- so me getting PS2 PSU is a high probabilaty. )

Shade-
Dec 3, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm planning on getting a USB converter for either an xbox controler or a ps2 controler when the game comes out.

Tact
Dec 3, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-12-01 20:09, Tomeeboy wrote:
Personally, I use a Logitech Dual Action Rumblepad for Blue Burst. I imagine I will do the same with PSU. With the Logitech gaming software, you can map keyboard keys to the gamepad, allowing you to make all kinds of customizations.

I plan on using a Logitech Dual Action as well, because I already have one. It resembles a PS2 controller, so I think it'll work for me. (I hope my post isn't considered as advertising in any way, I'll edit it, or let it be edited if it has to.)

Kent
Dec 3, 2005, 05:57 PM
Logitech makes good controllers, but if you already have an Xbox 360 wired controller, just download the drivers to use that with your PC.

OdinTyler
Dec 3, 2005, 05:59 PM
Id use a controller IF I were going to play the PC version. Im not, Im going with PS2. However, with some games, I just cant get used to keyboard controls & being a long time console gamer, a controller would be more familiar to me.

ANIMEniac
Dec 3, 2005, 07:36 PM
im gunna use a controler because i hold out my pinky using the "WASD" keys and after extented play my pinky gets a cramp. and i will mos def be playing extendedly. so much my character will be like "screw this, if ur not sleeping than i will :: pipes back to town ::"

Blitzkommando
Dec 3, 2005, 08:08 PM
If the game is popular enough to warrant a Z-Board keyset then I will pick that up. If not I'll just use my standard keyboard and mouse, and possibly my Logitech Attack 3.

Those of you who don't know what a Z-board is I'll explain (those of you who already know can stop reading already!) Z-Board, by Ideazon, is a keyboard with exchangable keysets. As in, you pop off your standard Windows keyboard and put on, say, the "Gaming Keyset" (which is darned near perfect for FPS) and it has a much more comfortable configuration and has all the needed keys in easy access. While you really don't need to get a keyset for every game that you have that is supported (the difference between most is just the color scheme) if you are a big fan you could just to show your 'gaming spirit'. I've used it for over a year now and I really don't know how I was able to play without it before. If you are considering playing more PC games I would recommend at least looking into it and seeing if the layout looks comfortable to you.

http://www.zboard.com/modules/changecountry.asp?from=global