PDA

View Full Version : Announcing my fromal withdrawl

Dre_o
Dec 2, 2005, 11:37 PM
(If at anytime, a Mod or Admins sees fit to move this, please feel free to do so)

I am announcing my temperary withdraw from the Fan Art area. I have become cluttered and EXTREMELY frustrated. With what you ask? Actually you probably don't but that is one of the problems in itself. I have become frustrated with the advice that has been given to me. Confuse ye not, I am happy that everyone has bothered to respond to my pathetic cries for help but here is the problem. I WILL NOT BOTHER TO WASTE MY TIME READING A 6 PARAGRAPH RESPONSE, ALL ABOUT THE EXACT SAME THING THE LAST PERSON SAID. IT IS A WASTE OF MY TIME AND TIME IS ONE THING I DON'T HAVE!!

Again, I blame this on no one person or no person at all, I am just tired of it. I usually try and work on different areas at different times as to prevent drawing from GETTING BORING WHICH IS WHAT IT WILL BECOME IF I FOLLOW EVERY REPETETIVE POST ABOUT THE SAME FLAWS.

Now, I will still be here at PSOW. Do not take this as I hate you all, because I don't and never will. Feel free to PM me with whatever, it's still cool. Just for now, I must collect my thoughts, calm my spirit, and focus both those energies to other things. Yes I will still practice and write in the Group Fic, no I will not post art until I am sure that I have improved enough not to get BITCHED at by the same person, over and over again. (Please pardon my language.)

Some day, I will return to this wonderful relm of art and expression but for now, all I can wish is that the Force may be with you.

Peace
Dre_O

Skorpius
Dec 2, 2005, 11:39 PM
You'll never improve that way.

Sayara
Dec 2, 2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the art world Dre_o.

What you experenice is something an artist deals with all their fucking life. If you are serious in trying to get better in art you'll need to stop prissyfooting on getting negative comments.

If you can't handle it maybe it is best you go.
A shame yes, but what must be done must be done.

Zarode
Dec 2, 2005, 11:43 PM
I'll start going over your art then.

I mean, going over it with effin' Photoshop to show you your errors and ways to fix it. Guess you are a visual learner.

FOAtHeart
Dec 2, 2005, 11:46 PM
...improved enough not to get BITCHED at by the same person, over and over again.

Everyone get critique, no matter how good their skills is.

Good luck with...not artsing? What a shame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOAtHeart on 2005-12-02 20:47 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Dec 2, 2005, 11:55 PM
My only suggestion is to not ask for criticism if you really don't want it. Now, I don't know what you yourself have done, but I've noticed that the people that freak out like you are now are usually the ones that ask for critique because it is 'cool' or 'right' to do so. Only ask for critique if you want it and can take it, because if you ask, someone will give it to you.

Best of luck with, uh, whatever you're going to do now.

Blitzkommando
Dec 3, 2005, 12:19 AM
I've passed through fan works often enough to know that there are some really great people there. However, I also know that to some people, such as yourself, that get more help from a small group of people than they have their entire art career. It can be a bit of an overload and quite overwhelming. But, I know you aren't going to like this, it is possible that they are trying to help with that particular area of your art first, then focus on more details later.

I find that as far less stressful myself than recieving a million, constructive but different, criticisms at once. From what I have read in fan works, which is far more than what I comment on, the majority of the criticism is constructive and (often very) polite. Don't ignore it, but don't take it this hard either.

Take your cool-down time and just think about maybe one or two of the types of criticisms you recieved, and practice those first. Then, post your results. Because, practice doesn't ever make perfect, but it does make improvement. No art anywhere is perfect, and all artists know that. All art can improve, even the greatest of artists. And the only way to improve is through doing more art.

Good luck to you and I hope you come back to the fan art soon.

Skorpius
Dec 3, 2005, 12:19 AM
Uhm... (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=105530&forum=12&4) you did ask for help, too.

navci
Dec 3, 2005, 01:40 AM
Welcome to the world of Artists.
I'd reiterate what everyone say, but then I'll fall into the category of "everyone saying the same thing over and over again".

If everyone is saying the same thing, chances are that everyone is noticing something that is very important and instead of bitching about being critiqued, maybe you can try to look into improving that matter that everyone point out.

Art is for the masses. If you aim to please the masses, listen to what they have to say. Good luck.

Dangerous55
Dec 3, 2005, 01:51 AM
I have no idea what this is about but anyone who spells formal wrong in their formal withdrawl probably has nothing to bitch about.

EphekZ
Dec 3, 2005, 02:07 AM
On 2005-12-02 22:51, Dangerous55 wrote:
I have no idea what this is about but anyone who spells formal wrong in their formal withdrawl probably has nothing to bitch about.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hey, If you want to give up then do it critiques are only to help you. Iwas like you before yes Its annoying but read it. seriously if you have enough extra time to draw pictures and go on the forums then you have time to read helpful stuff. Its like some one trying to feed you but you wont accept it even though you're starving your ass off.

InfinityXXX
Dec 3, 2005, 02:45 AM
Look man,I understand you probably taking a temporary break but make sure its temporary, don't let anyone stop you from drawing or doing anything you like.

I dunno in full detail whats this is about but there are people that critique your stuff in focusing on the positive stuff and some that critique your stuff, focusing on the negative. Yeah, I know it irks you and gets on your nerves when everybody is saying the same thing and I know that some people do critique rather.....coldly but don't let it frustrate you or drive your insanity,lol(I'm j/k on insanity part). Suck up whatever they say and work 2 times is hard.

Trust me man, you will get better. I started off at age 13 with stick figures and 3 years later I'm actually doing a realistic picture.(not perfectly though).

You probably already heard what I said by other people but I just want you to know that while your away, practice, practice,practice so when you return, you can blow everyone out the water.

Sorry that you feel so frustrated.

Daikarin
Dec 9, 2005, 08:57 PM
You again!? Nobody wants to piss you around by telling if your art sucks or not. And if they do, you know better than to give them reason.

Derek0660
Dec 11, 2005, 06:42 PM
Here's an idea. Post your art but then dont look at the replies until you think you are "better".