PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Speculation of Storyline *SPOILERS*

Para
Dec 4, 2005, 02:49 PM
After watching and watching the trailers some more...

This is what I think the storyline may come up to..
not including side stories that is

You as Ethan Waber, start training as a guardian, to rescue lumia.

Fast forward a bit, you do rescue Lumia and get partnered up with Hyruga and Karen. Along the way you encounter Leo and Alfort.

Leo talks about his problems with the casts. You go and investigate.. and run into Renvolt and Fullyen who seems intent on protecting something on Moatoob.

In the end you find out they were guarding the Ruins where Renvolt is trying to discover their powers. You overthrow Renvolt and his cronies (of course they'll be back...) and discover some magical properties of them. Going back to Parum and Neudaiz, you find two other ruins in which completes a puzzle to obliterate SEED.

More so in the end all three ruins become activated. The Guardians of the Ruins awaken to combat with the SEED monsters while the ruins form the famous tri PS symbol to create a photon blast combined with the might of the Allied Army's space fleet's firepower to destroy SEED and bring peace to the Graal system once again.

However before the SEED entity was destroyed, SEED implanted himself on the planet Parum thus the final battle begins.

... yeah that's what i think... what do you think? lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also I must note.. watching the trailers.. i noticed one big thing... the GUI switches between ENGLISH AND JAPANESE.

EDIT: Updated title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-12-05 06:51 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Dec 4, 2005, 11:16 PM
It's a possibility http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CherryLunar on 2005-12-04 20:17 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Dec 5, 2005, 12:03 AM
Aha, Well, if that is the case then I won't even need to pick up the game 'cause I already know the storyline! Nah, I'll probably pick up the game anyway. Play the whole online thing for a bit. Interresting speculations, and, quite possible.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 5, 2005, 12:23 AM
Shortly afterwards, a being named Purge attacks and forces people to dance. Ethan eventually teams up with Hal to take him out though in their swinging duo show.

Lord_DS
Dec 5, 2005, 02:37 AM
And what about him? http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/733/psuodysseydarkfalz2el.jpg

Yup, Dark Falz. mmm Maybe DF is for the online story and seeds just for the offline one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2005-12-04 23:46 ]</font>

Zarode
Dec 5, 2005, 08:24 AM
On 2005-12-04 23:37, Lord_DS wrote:
And what about him? http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/733/psuodysseydarkfalz2el.jpg

Yup, Dark Falz. mmm Maybe DF is for the online story and seeds just for the offline one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2005-12-04 23:46 ]</font>

Wrong. He isn't in this story, that is a different galaxy/curse. And if he is. D: ogod no, tired of cheap bosses that offer no challenge then the fact to survive the next attack to have a chance to win.

That isn't hard, it's annoying. =.=;;;

Lord_DS
Dec 5, 2005, 09:09 AM
This picture is from a PSU trailer. Maybe its DF, maybe not, but i heard he appears in all PS games, so...

OdinTyler
Dec 5, 2005, 10:22 AM
Darkfalz (& Darkforce...same type of evil, different translation) has been in EVERY Phantasy Star game. To not have it in there is like not having meseta. Its a part of the game & must be there. Personally, I wish DF would look more like how he used to. Those DF's scared me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif However, I did like OlgaFlow. Thats a good fight. Some cross between that & old DF's will make for a great fight. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DamonKatu
Dec 5, 2005, 01:37 PM
DF is more like a virus than a monster sence he can infect other targets to servive out their in the world. But remember that his mouther was destoried in ep3 so that means...That thing could possably be his father. that what i beleave...

Sinue_v2
Dec 5, 2005, 02:21 PM
Well, PSU, PSO, and PS all have disconnected storylines - so the destruction, abilities, or revival of him in other storylines doesn't affect his presence or non-presence in PSU. Though, certain themes do carry over (such as Dark Falz/Force appearing after you open a Pandora's Box)

Also, that thing in the picture isn't Dark Falz/Force. As best as I can surmize - it's a type of interplanetary sheild which protects the Graal Solar System. (Though from what, we're not sure). You can see the sheild activating (as well as their dormant modes) in the movies from TGS and E3.

DF is more like a virus than a monster sence he can infect other targets to servive out their in the world.

He's more of a spiritual energy - a Demon or a Devil. He is pure conciousness, and draws his powers from people by creating stryfe and torment - so that he can feed on the energy of their negetive emotions. However, in the original games, he drew most of his power from the Profound Darkness. In a way, the Profound Darkness and Dark Falz/Force are the same being - since he is only an extension of the PD's power. It's sort of like the BORG from Star Trek... many bodies, one mind.

It's easier to understand when you look at how he was originally formed in the Japanese version of PSIV. The Profound Darkness and Great Light weren't one being that split into two... they were a race of beings which was engaged in a horrible civil war. The victors (the Great Light) sealed away the vanquished. Eventually, the Light spread and faded from existance. The only members of the race which remain as individuals are the beings on Ryucross - RA-Faze and such.

The vanquished rotted in their inter-dimensional prison... seething and writhing with anger. Over the eons, the cumulation of their rage, pain, and sorrow combined. They eventually formed into a single body.. a single conciousness. The Profound Darkness.

OdinTyler
Dec 5, 2005, 03:01 PM
Its a nice theory, but, no way to back it up. We can theorize & theorize, but, unless its said in the game, its mere speculation.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 5, 2005, 05:11 PM
Actually there are two games that didn't have dark force.

Phantasy Star Adventure which had a mad scientist turned into a monster instead

Phantasy Star Gaiden which had kalbun

I never played the Phantasy Star 2 text adventures, but I doubt it since those take place years before Phantasy Star 2.

Niki
Dec 5, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hm. There seems to be an etymological similarity between Parum and Palma/Parma, considering the Japanese translations of those Latin words. Could it be a coincidence, or is ST getting lazy?

Being curious has some serious drawbacks...

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2005, 01:11 AM
No, they're not lazy. It's just tradition... and it was carried over in PSO as well. Though you only explored a single planet (Ragol) the SpaceShip ruins were sealed with representations of an Algol-like solar system.

Motavia = Mutts = Motwob: A scourching hot desert planet signified by the color red.

Dezolis = Dittz = Newdiaz: A barren tundra planet usually, but not in PSU's case. Though Dezolis was covered in ice, Ice is only frozen water - which is the primary element of Newdiaz. Signified by the color Blue.

Palma = Poumn = Parum: Earthlike planet covered in dense vegitation. It's usually the "Home" planet of the human race, and is usually the most technologically sophisticated. Signified by the color Green.

There's also a fouth planet revealed in PSIV - however it's merely a warning star meant to remind the Guardians of Algol of their duty when the time drew near. However, it wasn't an actual part of the seal - so it doesn't have the same symbological significance the three main planets do. Thus, it isn't included in refrences to the seal.

Para
Dec 6, 2005, 11:02 AM
Im curious but has no one noticed that I made the comment that the GUI switches between english and japanese?

DamonKatu
Dec 6, 2005, 11:37 AM
On 2005-12-05 11:21, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Well, PSU, PSO, and PS all have disconnected storylines - so the destruction, abilities, or revival of him in other storylines doesn't affect his presence or non-presence in PSU. Though, certain themes do carry over (such as Dark Falz/Force appearing after you open a Pandora's Box)

Also, that thing in the picture isn't Dark Falz/Force. As best as I can surmize - it's a type of interplanetary sheild which protects the Graal Solar System. (Though from what, we're not sure). You can see the sheild activating (as well as their dormant modes) in the movies from TGS and E3.

DF is more like a virus than a monster sence he can infect other targets to servive out their in the world.

He's more of a spiritual energy - a Demon or a Devil. He is pure conciousness, and draws his powers from people by creating stryfe and torment - so that he can feed on the energy of their negetive emotions. However, in the original games, he drew most of his power from the Profound Darkness. In a way, the Profound Darkness and Dark Falz/Force are the same being - since he is only an extension of the PD's power. It's sort of like the BORG from Star Trek... many bodies, one mind.

It's easier to understand when you look at how he was originally formed in the Japanese version of PSIV. The Profound Darkness and Great Light weren't one being that split into two... they were a race of beings which was engaged in a horrible civil war. The victors (the Great Light) sealed away the vanquished. Eventually, the Light spread and faded from existance. The only members of the race which remain as individuals are the beings on Ryucross - RA-Faze and such.

The vanquished rotted in their inter-dimensional prison... seething and writhing with anger. Over the eons, the cumulation of their rage, pain, and sorrow combined. They eventually formed into a single body.. a single conciousness. The Profound Darkness.

(why dose he remind me of giygas?)

Alisha
Dec 6, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well, PSU, PSO, and PS all have disconnected storylines
you sure about that? im almost positive that PSO follows phantasy star gaiden

Niki
Dec 6, 2005, 12:41 PM
No, they're not lazy. It's just tradition... and it was carried over in PSO as well. Though you only explored a single planet (Ragol) the SpaceShip ruins were sealed with representations of an Algol-like solar system.

Motavia = Mutts = Motwob: A scourching hot desert planet signified by the color red.

Dezolis = Dittz = Newdiaz: A barren tundra planet usually, but not in PSU's case. Though Dezolis was covered in ice, Ice is only frozen water - which is the primary element of Newdiaz. Signified by the color Blue.

Palma = Poumn = Parum: Earthlike planet covered in dense vegitation. It's usually the "Home" planet of the human race, and is usually the most technologically sophisticated. Signified by the color Green.

Actually, this argument seems to hold water. Cheers!

Alisha
Dec 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
Take this as you will.

Phantasy Star Gaiden. Gaiden means side-story. Either way, the game takes place in the planet Coral, a colony established by none other than Alisa Landale, the heroine from the original Phantasy Star.

The significance? Coral happens to be the homeworld mentioned in Phantasy Star Online, THE homeworld where Pioneer 1 and 2 came from.

Discuss. It's been too long since any "serious" game trivia was discussed.
as stated by parn

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2005-12-06 09:54 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2005, 02:49 PM
Actually Alisha, that's an idea that I and HUnewearl_Meria kinda hammered out a few years ago on PSO, when trying to link PSO to PS through PSIII's Crys's ending where he lands on the planet which has two moons. Ragol, similarly, is a bi-lunar planet. I surmised that Coral was Copto (the translation I used at the time had very poor romanization) as soon as I had heard the name mentioned in Ep II.

I'm not sure which one us toppled Ripplinger's idea of Rune sealing the ruins on Ragol (I take it you've read the theory on Camineet.net) since assuming that the ruins are the Alissa III - then there would have had to have been an Esper on the ship at SOME point. Elsewise, what explains the presence of Nei weapons in Phantasy Star III? Not to mention that out of a multitude of ships which escaped from Palma - they all happened to show up on only ONE ship. Explaining how he survived from PSII's time to the end of PSIII is a simple enough leap, considereing that Espers have a penchant cyrogenics and awakening when they are needed. Expect that unlike the Neo-Palm... The Alissa III fell into chaos durring the Devistation War and reverted back to the dark-ages. They forgot they were even on a spaceship to begin with... and so, he would have slept continuously until a time when he was discovered again.

Or, possibly, he tried to carry on the Espers teachings aboard the Alissa III - but ultimately failed. The Sages at Sage Isle could well be decendants of the original Esper - giving them a basic knowladge of Esper techniques and rituals. However, throughout the years without a strong leader like Lutz to guide them, they lost much of the knowladge given to them. The Seal on the Ruins Space Ship could have been created by them after Crys ending in an attempt to seal up the Dark Force. However, the seal on the SpaceShip ruins never seemed particularly useful to me while playing PSO - since it most certainly did not keep him sealed in there. The door had been opened and reclosed several times before you find it sealed in PSO - yet, Falz chose to bypass the door altogether and tear a hole completely through the middle of the ship as seen in the opening movie and environmental damage evidence in Ruins 1.

The missing link would be presence of Numans, since all other forms of life on Coral were of Palman decent (including Androids). Numans, though, were Motavian born and breed in the Biosystems labs there. The best explanation I could come up with was a re-establishment of contact between Coral and Algol in the past - and a migration project which ferried populace away from Motavia (which was still reverting back to it's desert state) to a more Palman like homeworld. This would have caused the stryfe and overpopulation problems on Coral, not to mention fueled some of the reasons behind the wars and/or terror attacks Elly describes as native Coralians are forced to live with the influx of Motavian immigrants over the generations. However, that is really a leap of conclusion since it has no real precidence or mention in the game.

In the end though, that's all they are is theories.. thouroughly uncannon, expecially with the release of PSO:Blue Burst for the PC which goes a bit more indepth as to the history of Coral and the Pioneer Project. While I haven't played it - from the scripts and dialouges I've read - it similarly has NO ties to the previous PS series, and in fact - credits Dr. Montegue and Dr. Osto with the creation of Numans and Androids. Since this is the last PSO game to be released - we must conclude that Sonic Team has wrapped up the storyline as much as they wish to, and that no further links to the previous series will be forthcomming. Without those links to previous titles - Sonic Team's original statement of PSO and PS being disconnected in storyline hold true, depsite the mountain of evidence in previous Episodes which point to SOME sort of a connection contrary.

PS. Sorry that was kinda rushed and not fully explained as I would have liked to - I'm getting ready for work. If you have any questions or want me to elaborate more - ask, and I'll get back to you later tonight.

PSS. I think I might have your Guild Card. Did you have a RAcaseal named Alpha Alisha?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-12-06 11:53 ]</font>

Niki
Dec 7, 2005, 12:26 AM
i thought i was a PS fan. i was wrong. so very wrong.

F-o-x
Dec 7, 2005, 02:26 AM
I'm in the same boat as you Niki. Quite a few people I've been exposed to recently put my knowledge of PS/O and its history to shame.

Alisha
Dec 7, 2005, 10:53 AM
PSS. I think I might have your Guild Card. Did you have a RAcaseal named Alpha Alisha?
i sure did

OdinTyler
Dec 7, 2005, 04:46 PM
You cant call this a spoiler post as the game isnt out yet & NO ONE has beaten it yet. Rather premature to say as such. However, if we want to have a topic debating what COULD happen...sure. Im always up for that.

This post has a 90% chance of being followed by a 5 paragraph Sinue post (4 & 3/4 having nothing to do with my post. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Sinue_v2
Dec 8, 2005, 01:04 AM
Well you're right that I would follow, but I don't understand your comment about me not addressing what you're saying. If my posts are long, it's only because I have a lot to explain.

Para
Jan 8, 2006, 12:22 AM
*bump for this*

i swear i posted this...
but apparently i didnt...

big big big big spoiler.... WARNING

well i warned you....

Apparently Renvolt possibly will merge with a SEED monster creating a mutated SEED Renvolt.

The proof is in the battle of psu video. You see a 2 second shot of Renvolt transformed. His body and everythign changed but the head remains the same. I was bored so I watched the battle of psu video again and I saw the head distinction.

Also... imazuma told me that Ethan hit Karen with a car by accident and that's how they meet or was it the other way around?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2006-01-07 21:26 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jan 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-01-07 21:22, Nites wrote:
Also... imazuma told me that Ethan hit Karen with a car by accident and that's how they meet or was it the other way around?
Kind of the other way around. Rutsu and Mirei accidentally hit Ethan with a car as he was riding his hoverboard. Here's my translation of the event which you can see in one of the streaming videos.

RUTSU: Are you OK!?

ETHAN: Gah... nga... my leg!

MIREI: I'm so sorry. Are you OK?

ETHAN: "Are you OK?" Is that all you can say!?

(ETHAN quickly looks up, surprised to see that it's MIREI who he has just yelled at.)

MIREI: Your leg is hurt.

(MIREI approaches ETHAN who is sitting on the ground. She kneels down in front of him, placing one hand slightly above ETHAN's injured leg, then casts resta.)

MIREI: How is that?

ETHAN: (surprised) Huh!?

(ETHAN slowly stands up, making sure not to put too much pressure on his right leg. He than begins to tap his right foot on the ground, testing it for pain before resting more weight on it.)

ETHAN: It...! It doesn't hurt! What did you do!?

DeathMachine
Jan 8, 2006, 10:32 PM
Which video is that in?

Ryna
Jan 8, 2006, 10:51 PM
On 2006-01-07 21:22, Nites wrote:
*bump for this*

Nites, this particular point was brought up when the video was first released. If you wanted to raise the point again, it would be best to create a new topic.
Replying to a thread this old is considered bumping and is against forum rules.

On 2006-01-08 19:32, DeathMachine wrote:
Which video is that in?

Which video are you referring to? You can see the Magashi monster here:

http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/psu/trailers/BattleOfPSU.wmv

For the scene EspioKaos is talking about, look at this video:
http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/psu/trailers/Overview-LiveDec2005.wmv

I'll leave this thread unlocked for now despite the bump.

Para
Jan 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
Oh whoops i didnt know that the point was already made.

the reason I bumped the topic up was that I thought it was another part of the storyline spoiler factor so in will to keep it all in one topic and all storyline spoiler discussion in one topic, I revived this thread.