PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Class

Derek0660
Dec 4, 2005, 10:48 PM
*points at title*

Wyndham
Dec 4, 2005, 10:52 PM
I hated Greek. and still do.
I know very little and went through 6 years of classes.

Ketchup345
Dec 4, 2005, 10:54 PM
Currently pre-calc. In high school it was Spanish.

But I guess I'm into pain as I have to take pre-calc again (don't ask), and am going to take Spanish as an elective (that is, when I have time for electives in junior/senior year).

Chemistry (math at least) ranks up there too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-12-04 19:55 ]</font>

Derek0660
Dec 4, 2005, 10:56 PM
On 2005-12-04 19:52, Oran1324 wrote:

I don't know any Spanish through my 2 1/2 years http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And I still get A's http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wyndham
Dec 4, 2005, 10:58 PM
On 2005-12-04 19:56, Derek0660 wrote:

On 2005-12-04 19:52, Oran1324 wrote:

I don't know any Spanish through my 2 1/2 years http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And I still get A's http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I got all As, no problem.
but my memory sucks.

Blitzkommando
Dec 4, 2005, 11:06 PM
The class I currently hate the most is also the class that I am going to be dropping as soon as the prinicipal calls us back. At which point, I will likely wait for next semester and then I shall have two classes I shall either have no feeling toward or hate depending on how they turn out.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 4, 2005, 11:10 PM
Chemistry, hands down. I just don't get it. I'm not too good at math, either, so the whole thing just doesn't really work out well for me. My junior year of high school, when most people took Chem 1, I opted for Bio II. Turned out to be the best class I've ever taken in my life, so I guess I don't totally regret my suckiness at chemistry.

Kent
Dec 4, 2005, 11:39 PM
Math. Although currently, I'm hating giving speeches, albeit the fact that the class isn't bad at all.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 01:53 AM
I despised English in high school. It has nothing to do with the actual subject itself -- in fact I'm quite an avid reader and writer. I had the luck of having the same evil teacher for three years. She was an ex-nun (Why she left the convent to become a public school English teacher I'll never know... some people take that vow of poverty just too far...) and she had this way of twisting the curriculum to suit her warped views. Being pagan, I found her nearly constant proseletyzing rather offensive... which resulted in me spending a lot of time in the principal's office. Hell I even managed to get my entire senior year English class to walk out on her once, LOL...

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ah, memories, memories...

Calculus is a close second, however. I love math and I've always been proficient at it, but I just got to a point where it stopped making sense.

Kuea
Dec 5, 2005, 02:11 AM
Other.

Digital Applications.

My teacher is a dumb ass.

I had him before for another comp class and my work had been deleted alot.

Have him again, and guess what? deleted work.

so yeah... I hate that class.

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 02:39 AM
I have to say foreign language. I mean, i'm not getting a good grade in other classes, but im just lazy in those, i understand the material...but foreign language...is a pain....¿como se dice "freakin hard class"?...

PJ
Dec 5, 2005, 07:51 AM
On 2005-12-04 20:10, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Chemistry, hands down. I just don't get it. I'm not too good at math, either, so the whole thing just doesn't really work out well for me. My junior year of high school, when most people took Chem 1, I opted for Bio II. Turned out to be the best class I've ever taken in my life, so I guess I don't totally regret my suckiness at chemistry.

Heh, I think that's so weird XD

I failed math last year (The only class I've ever failed), and I'm loving Chemistry this year (Despite all the math x.x It's easier math, but not by much >_>).

Anyways, I hate math the most, I just don't get it usually.

Saiffy
Dec 5, 2005, 08:48 AM
I want to say math, since I do really bad in it..But the truth is, it's my fault. Proof when I had 43% going into exams last year, and came out with 60%. <_<;

I also want to say english, since I think it's slightly redundant, but I know it isn't.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to hate graphics, the only reason I have to take it is for multi-media tech in grade 11 and 12, and graphic arts deals so little with that stuff, we might as well not have Macs at all in there -.-

Sinue_v2
Dec 5, 2005, 12:32 PM
Math definately - specifically Algebra. I think I went through 8 years of combined Algebra and Pre-Algebra and never passed a single semester. I don't quite understand the abstract formula for figuring out the equasions. A+C = B, Solve for D just doesn't clique with me for some reason.

However, I put in Physics and Chemistry for my electives and the school tried to keep me out of them based on my Algebra problems. I fought with the councelers for like 2 weeks, but eventually I got into them and aced them both - right up to the end of Physics II and Chemistry II. With those two classes, I wasn't dealing with meaningless abstracts... I had real world concepts and variables to work with.

My councelers said they had never seen anything like it... and I told them that was because they probably didn't give anyone the chance before, and that they were just bad teachers is all.

PIT
Dec 5, 2005, 01:33 PM
there is no word in elven and dwarven language, that could tell you, how much i hate chemistry.

Derek0660
Dec 5, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-12-04 23:39, zwandude15 wrote:

...?como se dice "freakin hard class"?...

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You know that you've been in Spanish class too long when you know how to write an upside down question mark http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Math definately - specifically Algebra. I think I went through 8 years of combined Algebra and Pre-Algebra and never passed a single semester.

I have gone through Algebra I in 6th (B-) and Algebra II in 7th (A-) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-12-05 14:03 ]</font>

Rion772
Dec 5, 2005, 09:40 PM
MATH!!!

Math killed my GPA... So did art...

Math = ...72
English = 90
Global = 84
French = 85
Earth Science = 85
Art = 80

Seriously! 80 in art... what the hell is that about? I did everything I was required to do and payed attention... my teacher is...evil.

Most of those grades are pitiful. Just seeing my gpa as low as 82.6 makes me think "ah...WTF am I doing with my life here?!"

Everything was that bad because my 1st quarter/semester too always sucks, I slack off a lot in that time, not that I'm trying to think up of excuses, I actually have a history of doing better after the first quarter, if not, then after the first semester.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 5, 2005, 09:59 PM
^ As long as you kick the SAT/ACT's ass, your GPA isn't very important. Especially from your freshmen and sophomore years. So, don't worry too much about having an 82 (which, by the way, isn't half bad anyhow).

Syl
Dec 5, 2005, 10:38 PM
Foreign language is my specialty, so is science and math. But, for some reason, I'm failing Trigonometry/Pre-Cal... I always do really well in math (A's and B's),and this is the only class I'm messing up in for my last year of high school... I bet it's my teacher because she weights heavily on homework, and I dont excel in homework, but strangely I do extremly well on tests (backwards from most people eh?)...

xxTrystanxx
Dec 6, 2005, 12:02 AM
I actually think it's kind of weird that on a site full of gamers that math is the most hated class overall. You'd think we'd be good at math, or at least better than some of our non-gamer friends.

Does it have something to do with the fact that (from what I gather) we seem to play mostly RPGs? Does that negate the assumption of being good at math?

RicoRoyal
Dec 6, 2005, 12:13 AM
My least liked class for this quarter has to be ARO 327 (Aerospace Structural Mechanics II). I just took the final earlier today. I was supposed to be able to do (according to the prof.) eight problems in two hours. I managed to barely finish two. To give you all an idea of how sad the situation is in there, having done those two problems correctly (or nearly correctly) will be enough for me to get an A once the curve is in place (people have gotten 10%s on the tests and still found ways to pass with a C-).

The class was simply frustration, during and outside of class time. Still, this was my third course with Dr. Georgiades, so I've grown used to his way of teaching (good in that it bitch-slaps most of us into reality), which is why I never said I "hated" the class.

If there has ever been a class (more like subject) that I've actually come to "hate," it would have to be Chemistry. From the first time I took it in middle school, to the last time I took it at my university nearly two years ago, I have hated the subject matter with a passion. I just can't understand what is going on in the classes, and that pisses me off to some otherworldly level. I HATE CHEMISTRY. My hat goes off to chemical engineering majors at my school.

EDIT: Hope nobody minds, but I will be refraining from casting a vote on the poll as I feel that the "classes" there mostly apply for high school courses. Besides, Chem is a science just as Physics is. I hate Chem, yet have no fuss with Physics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-12-05 21:17 ]</font>