PDA

View Full Version : PoP 3:The Two Thrones

DLShAdOw
Dec 5, 2005, 09:14 PM
These games are sweet. Has anyone bought the neew one yet? That whip chain blade thing looks kickass.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 6, 2005, 12:04 AM
It looks really cool. I have to confess though that I don't have Warrior Within, either. I did play a demo of that and I loved it... but silly me, I let my fiance buy me Sands of Time to "prepare" for Warrior Within and I really disliked it.

Am I doomed to never be able to understand/play the second and third games if I didn't finish Sands of Time?

Outrider
Dec 8, 2005, 07:38 PM
Actually, Sands of Time is generally accepted by most to be the best game in the series.

I've played through both SoT and WW, and I'd have to say that even without the dozens of bugs (including one that forced me to restart the game when I was right near the end due to a geometry error), Warrior Within is simply not as good as Sands of Time. Too much importance is placed on the new combat system, which doesn't even work most of the time, and when it does, it just gets repetitive and boring - more so than the simplified battle system in SoT. There's too much "baditude," as well, which just ruins the feel and the story of the series. There's no need for crap rock to be playing in a game set in a fantasy realm, just like the Prince shouldn't be a generic action hero spouting out terrible one-liners.

Two Thrones is supposed to be a return to what Sands of Time was, but most reviews I've read have stated that they still try and put in some Warrior Within aspects, such as the Dark Prince sections, and those are generally the weakest parts of the game. Regardless, it's supposed to be pretty good.

One of my roommates is planning on getting it this holiday, so hopefully I'll be able to run through in January.