PDA

View Full Version : Dear dear FFXI

Mystil
Dec 7, 2005, 02:04 PM
Ok so I saw the thread in off topic about it getting an expansion and so I wanted to blow up in it. But I'll do that here.

I feel sorry for anyone who plays this. And being a retired 70WHM, I can say that with good reason. I'm going to chop this game up with finess >=D. WHOOPDY DOO that the WORST MMO in VIDEO GAME HISTORY is getting yet ANOTHER update that will only make the game even more ridiculous. Meanwhile it's still going to take you a billion RL hours to get gil. And if you want AF, relic, or any of the like, you have to do some really cynical things. I wasn't going to play like that, and it sucked to have my friends throw me away for materialistic value(items). They say reputation is what makes or breaks you. Well that's far from the truth. It don't matter if you help everybody in the game, you're out of luck when you need help.

Truely PSO's crap don't touch FFXI's crap. Ontop of that to feel HAPPY in the game, you need to have stuff. Once you get that thing you need, you become unhappy yet again cause there's SOMETHING ELSE you want! That something else sadly is going to require a giant gathering of people who are going to deny you thier help because they are too damn scared to do it. However JUST the other day they helped so and so CHICK with Opo Opo Crown(the Wyvern fight, and this is an example). There is entirely too much on emphasis on seperation from players. I hardly ever got to do fun things with my friends.

When I finally found the right people to be with in the game my morale and interest was too shot to hell to keep playing. Pants went down and FFXI started kissing. I aint sorry I left this trash.

*sigh* that felt good. ^_^

Eanae
Dec 8, 2005, 09:01 PM
*looks to sig*

Amen.

Jive18
Dec 8, 2005, 10:26 PM
I too understand the horrors of FFXI, though I have only actually played the game once. I have a friend who became addicted to this game for well over half a year, and he only just quit 2 weeks ago. I'm quite sure he will go back to within a month though. The time it takes to get anywhere in this game is just absurd, which is part of the reason I never got hooked to it. On a side note, they should have thought out the idea of finding a party a little better; my friend used to wait for about an hour to get invited anywhere. Sigh, another sad online experience...

Echizen
Dec 11, 2005, 05:13 AM
lol ff11 started out ok but after awhile it sucked really bad (x9999).