PDA

View Full Version : omfg, look at this scan !!

Lord_DS
Dec 8, 2005, 02:07 PM
Click Here (http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8387/psuodysseyscan3603ra.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2005-12-08 11:13 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Dec 8, 2005, 02:24 PM
O_o;;...Wow..That dragon looks awesome..and Ethan looks like an ant compared to Enemy#2
But the most interesting thing about the scan is the lower right corner...Looks like its some kind of guide. Anybody else think so?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2005-12-08 11:25 ]</font>

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Dec 8, 2005, 06:05 PM
That Dragon IS badass! The enemy on the left is really interesting looking...
Maybe one of those mini guides within a game magazine?
I think the japanese above the picture of Ethan's back in the bottom left says "Nanotrance".
Whats a nanotrance? Perhaps the Humans special ability?

Nash
Dec 8, 2005, 06:49 PM
That pic was in a previous Famitsu, and I think the translation someone gave here was that Ethan could change his clothes at the press of that button on his back.

Lovejuice
Dec 8, 2005, 06:49 PM
Judging from the picture, and my limited Japanese, isn't it nothing other than the magical device that exists within PSU, that allows Ethan (and others) to change clothes with the touch of a 'button' (first seen in the E3 2004 trailer). I forget its exact name, but it was covered in another scan around these parts.

Something to do with Photon energy and clothes, I think?

EDIT: Teehee, Nash and I posted at the exact same time, lookit the clocks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-12-08 15:50 ]</font>

Para
Dec 8, 2005, 07:16 PM
Maybe upon character creation, we'll be able to select several costumes to use as our part of our wardrobes set in our closets in our apartments or save a few costumes with our own characters to activate within different situations//events?

Rion772
Dec 8, 2005, 07:18 PM
Dude, I'll castrate the monster in enemy file #2...

agenevil
Dec 8, 2005, 07:23 PM
On 2005-12-08 16:18, Rion772 wrote:
Dude, I'll castrate the monster in enemy file #2...

Tha' 'twas rawng.

Anyways, costume change upon desire would be kickass.

Ryna
Dec 8, 2005, 08:14 PM
Just for the record, what magazine did this scan come from?

EspioKaos
Dec 8, 2005, 08:26 PM
Just to let you know, these are the same enemies we saw in some scans from last month -- De Ragan and Gol Dolba. I'll go over the text later when I've got some more time to see if any new info on them is revealed.

Oh, and I'll also post my translations of the stuff for the categories listed at the bottom: "Photons & A-Photons," "A-Photon Reactor," "Shield Line System," and "Nanotrancer."

One more thing to think about: Eighteen years ago, a horrible accident known as the Melvoa Explosion occurred. ::insert dramatic music:: I recall the city of Melvoa being mentioned before in some other scans, but I forgot to post about it. Any info I can dig up I'll let you guys know about.

EDIT: Well, I've got some new info, but I realized that some of this was already translated by GaijinPUnch from an earlier thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=105630&forum=20&27). But, still, on with this translation.

Photons & A-Photons

The air of the Graal System is flowing with particles known as "photons." These particles are processed and refined into photon energy by machines such as "photon reactors" and "photon drives." This energy is the most commonly used energy source throughout the Graal System, and is viewed by many people as a sort of spiritual power. In its refined state, photon energy can be processed into weapons such as those used by the Guardians, giving the weapons uncanny attack power. There is, however, a form of unstable photon output called "advance photon energy," a.k.a. "A-photon energy."

A-Photon Reactor

An A-photon reactor is a device which collects photon particles and transforms them into A-photons for use as a type of energy. Incidentally, SEED-forms have a naturally-occurring internal device much like an A-photon reactor. Because of this, any living creatures within the vicinity of a SEED lifeform is in immediate danger.

Shield Line System

The shining lines on Ethan's costume are known as the "shield line system." This type of photon energy absorbs damage and increases the defensive power of the wearer. On a side note, the color of the photon lines change with one's mood.

Nanotrancer

A-photon goods are said to be produced out of thin air. A "nanotrancer" is a device capable of doing just that. One can "nanotrance," or store, weapons and other such items in a small space by this use of A-photon energy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2005-12-08 19:57 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Dec 8, 2005, 11:38 PM
So your clothes are your armor, and the weapon storage is similar/the same as PSO.

EspioKaos
Dec 9, 2005, 12:06 AM
On 2005-12-08 20:38, DeathMachine wrote:
So your clothes are your armor, and the weapon storage is similar/the same as PSO.
Basically, yes.

I'm really glad to see SonicTeam taking the time to explain how a character can carry six handguns, four sabers, a sword, and three daggers and have nothing but the currently-equipped weapon to show for it. XD

Lord_DS
Dec 9, 2005, 01:13 AM
On 2005-12-08 17:14, Ryna wrote:
Just for the record, what magazine did this scan come from?

no idea soz

OdinTyler
Dec 9, 2005, 03:13 PM
I hate to put a negative light on things, but, something I should clear up. The 'De Ragan' as its called in the demo (obviously, Dragon), doesnt look THAT good in the game. Before anyone gets mad, keep in mind, I was playing a beta & it couldve vastly improved since then. However, that scan looks like a rendered image used & applied in the game. Dont get me wrong, the Dragon looks damn good in game. Just seems to look even more polished in that scan. Based on me being impressed by the beta, Im sure the full version looks even better. I just get irritated when companies say: This is what will be on the system. Then when you get the game, its not 'exactly' the same. Nevermind, forget I said anything. The Dragon looks good & its fun to kick its ass in. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Tek_
Dec 9, 2005, 07:00 PM
Wow, so much space! These new lobby/city areas are great!

OdinTyler
Dec 10, 2005, 11:22 AM
So, when we switch weps, theyre actually enlarging to actual size & can then use. Storage is in essence, shrinking them & fitting them in a small bag? Unrealistic but very cool (as it is the future). I love it. Any word on us being able to transport items home that we find in the field? If so, that would be GREAT! We'd almost never run out of room then. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ColonD
Dec 10, 2005, 02:18 PM
Cool information. The Nanotrancer reminds me of EP3 of PSO, monsters, weapons, and other things(Like tubby boy was said to use it for cake and sweets. XD) were actually made small, into a tiny card shape.

So, does that mean we will atleast be able to switch between our undergarment to our 'crime-fighting' awesome outfits?

OdinTyler
Dec 10, 2005, 09:53 PM
Crime-fighting outfits? You mean the spandex (or w/e it is) undergarments below our armor? Ive already joked about that. You think its possible to run around with just actual cloth clothing on?

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 04:54 PM
omfg that dragon wuz Badass and FREAKING cool!!

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 06:57 PM
If its the regular brown one called De Ragan in the JP version, Ive fought him. Hes pretty big. Two heads if I remember?