PDA

View Full Version : PSU Site Update for Dec 9

Ryna
Dec 9, 2005, 08:10 AM
Today's PSU update covers three different areas:
-Product
-World
-Topics

The product section gives the release date for PSU and confirms a few system details. There really isn't too much new information here.

In the World section, there is a fairly long section on Photon. It looks like it details how photon is manipulated, how your shield works, and how you can use photon to change clothes. We've already seen this in previous Famitsu scans.

The Topics section features three new articles. The first one seems to deal with Sega Link. There is a link to visit the Item Mall. I'm not exactly sure what they are trying to peddle here. The mini Karen and Ethan avatars look cute though. The second topic, "Meets the Phantasy Star Universe" seems to be an audio broadcast that is only available to Sega Link members. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. The last link seems to be related to another demonstration that is going to take place on the 17th.

So here are some unresolved issues from this week's update:
-What are the details of the Photon section? (Also, could someone extract the pictures from these new areas?)
-What exactly is being offered at the Item Mall?
-What do they talk about in the "Meets the Phantasy Star Universe" audio broadcast?

EDIT: This is what EspioKaos posted in his thread:

On 2005-12-09 05:14, EspioKaos wrote:
This week's update deals mostly with photons and A-photons and their use throughout the Graal System. I have to leave for work in a few moments, so I don't have enough time to translate everything, but from skimming over it all, it looks to be the same info I posted last night here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=106143&forum=20&12). The only real new info I see is a listing of elemental shields for the shield line system.

red : fire shield
blue : ice shield
yellow : electric shield
orange : earth shield
white : light shield
purple : dark shield
green : general (non-elemental?) shield

I'll look over everything later tonight once I get off work to see if there is anything else new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-12-09 06:00 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Dec 9, 2005, 08:17 AM
I tried listening to the broadcast, but it says I need a SEGA link ID to hear it. Aside from the possibility of there being new info on the game coming from the mouths of the VAs for Karen and Ethan, it says that the main theme song of the game will be played as well. I'm very much interested in hearing that.

Nisshoku
Dec 9, 2005, 08:57 AM
Well, good thing I applied for that SegaLink ID. I'm not exactly sure how I can rip the entire thing to my PC, however. Once I find that out, you'll be sure I'll post it here.

Small Update: Well folks, expect a lot of stuff from this podcast, hopefully! It's 27 minutes long. Now, if I can find out how to rip the WMA file from it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Nisshoku- on 2005-12-09 06:14 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 9, 2005, 09:26 AM
set record to your stereo mix line!

Nisshoku
Dec 9, 2005, 09:29 AM
Update: Podcast is downloaded, and I've heard the OP to PSU. I'm gonna start listening through it now, and get the lyrics posted here for you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Nisshoku- on 2005-12-09 06:45 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Dec 9, 2005, 10:12 AM
My hearing isn't so well with this song, but for the most part, I have gotten most of the lyrics for the OP of PSU! There's a few parts I'm still hazy on what's said, but that's where you guys can all pitch in.

Anyhow, with no further adieu, I bring you....the lyrics! Anything in ??? is stuff I'm not sure on, or something I just can't figure out what's being said.

-----
Who says we are lost again in this lonely world?
I say we can start again, we're on the same ship
It's called Starship Earth

It is not too late, it is our home so don't say that it's fate
We must not give up to build our future on our dreams

We will never lie down and die,
But we'll find a way to survive
We all have somebody we love,
and we know that's why we're here...

We battle for freedom,
It is a battle against the dark
I have my dreams you know I'm not afraid of bleeding in the top? (???)
We battle for tomorrow
It is a battle against time
And we can do miracles
so take my hand
we need to save this world....

It was a hard time so many tears it's so not for nothing (??)
To give up is not a choice
It's a fight we have to win...
I cannot live with our fate
We win it by ???

We all have somebody to love,

We battle for freedom,
We all have dreams in an advantge to it (???)
(????)
We battle for tomorrow
Too many tears have been shed,
but those they fear
We need to save this world...

We know that's why we're here...

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 9, 2005, 11:20 AM
Here's what i'm coming up with

Who says we are lost again in this lonely world?
I say we can start again, we're on the same ship
It's called Starship Earth

It is not too late, It's our home so don't say that it's fake
We must not give up to build our future on our dreams

We battle for freedom,
I have my dreams you know I'm not afraid of bleeding in the town
We battle for tomorrow
And we can do miracles
so take my hand
we need to save this world....

It was a hard time so many tears it's so not for nothing
To give up is not a choice
It's a fight we have to win...
I cannot live with our fate
We win it by a face with defeat

We all have somebody to love,

We battle for freedom,
we all have dreams and each of them is to be realized in their time
We battle for tomorrow
Too many tears have been shed,
but those they fear
We need to save this world...

We know that's why we're here...

Niki
Dec 9, 2005, 01:28 PM
Well so far all i can find in the mall are items to customise your home page and avatar with SegaLink, which can be purchased with Yen or SegaLink points [which you earn by spending money in your SegaLink account, right?]

Rappies are 5 bucks or 33 points.

and the horoscopes are hilarious:

"If it has new goal in life of everyday life, as for the ??? the expectation which it can shine more! That now it is necessary, it must represent the clear vision that " I would like to become like this ", in the head. If you are conscious of dream securely, conduct and the expedient which by your should take, the expectation where method naturally is visible. Facing toward goal it may be the first of optimum to to take the one step. In the work aspect and the personal aspect, the sign the situation which cannot accept the advice and advice from the person around gently may happen.... Even if, the advice being correct, whether the impression rides nervously from counter religious awakening. Such a day seems that does not make disadvantageous circumstance, attitude of " helper certain victory " correctly interprets. Taking the attitude which does not have the ??, you will aim toward a perfect kind of state where around cannot put the mouth."...

OdinTyler
Dec 9, 2005, 03:24 PM
So really, the only new info that makes a difference is what Espio came up with huh? Its good to know the various elemental differences. Does this relate to attributes we can put on our weapons or just for shields? TY for the info, Espio.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 9, 2005, 05:00 PM
here's the music from the podcast

http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/psu.mp3

Oh and here's a vid i put to it. (needs divx)

http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/psutheme.avi

Lovejuice
Dec 9, 2005, 05:45 PM
Earth Elemental magic! The prospect of Earthly spells makes me happy in magical places!

Go-Go Gadget Geomancer!

Nisshoku
Dec 9, 2005, 06:09 PM
Also for those like EspioKaos and GaijinPunch, if you can contact me via AIM or MSN, I send both of you the entire podcast of that no problem. I'm just helping you guys out. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 9, 2005, 06:30 PM
I DLed those 2 links & Ill listen to em later. Im going out in a few. Thanks for those. Lets hope a character simulator comes out soon so we can get our char ideas in.

_Tek_
Dec 9, 2005, 06:56 PM
Oh great, so we'll have more elemental stuff to deal with than before.

oh cool, so that's what the glowing parts of the costumas is!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-12-09 16:02 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Dec 9, 2005, 08:38 PM
I was thinking about the earth elemental photon while driving to work this morning and realized that the deega technic I posted about recently might fall into this category. Recall that in the "Battle of..." video released a few updates back, gideega's icon was orange, which goes along with the orange colored photon lines defending against earth techs. Even though the tech itself appeared to be fire-based, it actually seemed to erupt forth from the earth. Or, at least the ground within the circumference of the affected area split apart showing what looked to be magma under the rocks while sending a wall of flames around Ethan. If this is the case -- gideega being an earth technic, I mean -- then I guess that screenshot we've seen of Ethan casting a tech which summons a large rock on his enemies might be the base technic deega. Or, maybe I'm just thinking too much about this stuff? XD

_Tek_
Dec 10, 2005, 03:22 AM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2574/ethanelements9ai.gif
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2574/ethanelements9ai.gif
DISCO!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-12-10 00:22 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 10, 2005, 05:14 AM
Naw. Ethan Weber doesn't change facial expressions.

Lovejuice
Dec 10, 2005, 11:11 AM
Oops, sorry Ryna, totally missed the little request for images from this update. I'm guessing you have them somehow judging from the front page update, but they appear to have lost a smidgen of quality (did you use a printscreen method?), what's also strange, is that the actual embedded images have a few extra pixels in them you don't see. Regardless, here's every image, bar ones which are just text, taken straight from the flash(es), if anyone wants them (some are bitmaps, eurgh!):

Topics/Jump:

edit: snip

Topics/MeetthePSU:

Topics/Segalink2:

World/Photon:

And, I'm sorry, but I started giggling when that gravel voiced Japanese fellow blurted out something like "Here we go!" before the start of the fun tuneage (and if it wasn't Engrish, it sounded very odd indeed).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-12-18 16:26 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Dec 10, 2005, 12:14 PM
I think the guy was just introducing the song, in which case I told Jon to edit it out. >_>

uhawww
Dec 10, 2005, 12:33 PM
I still can't believe they managed to net Kelli Sae to sing the vocal theme.

Nisshoku
Dec 10, 2005, 01:15 PM
Well, I for one am glad they did... Her voice in this is just spectacular, and I could quite easily listen to her voice for hours upon end.

Is it just me, or does this song inspire you to get out there and kick some major butt?

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 10, 2005, 01:33 PM
at least it wasn't another World with me remix.

Niki
Dec 10, 2005, 05:11 PM
Hm, well not bad for a theme, certainly the vocals are good. I don't find it particularly inspiring, but then again, my taste in music has been called 'surly and authoritarian' by my music composition professor, so...

Cheers to all for the info.

OdinTyler
Dec 10, 2005, 09:55 PM
Yes, Im glad theres a new song. Why shouldnt there be? New game, new potential series, new solar system. Should have a new song. Hell, EpisodeII shouldve had a new song, but, oh well. Lets hope theres a few good 'courageous-sounding' songs in PSU. Music to get you pumped to fight the good fight. Otherwise, Ill have a good variety of music on to get me in the mood.

_Tek_
Dec 15, 2005, 11:59 PM
Oh, I was hoping they'd put that gif I made on the front page, its just perfect!

Tomeeboy
Dec 16, 2005, 12:17 AM
On 2005-12-15 20:59, _Tek_ wrote:
Oh, I was hoping they'd put that gif I made on the front page, its just perfect!

::Recovers from seizure-enduced coma:: Was a bit fast http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ryna made one in English and put it in our Photon Energy guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2381

_Tek_
Dec 16, 2005, 04:51 AM
Oh cool they even translated, and less seizures.

but mine was in order of the rainbow, the colors changed seamlessly! when at about 120 fps...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-12-16 01:51 ]</font>