PDA

View Full Version : No flow

fronebullare
Dec 12, 2005, 03:11 PM
I've played with the GC controller for as long as I can remmember. But I just can't get used to the ps2 controller. It just doesn't flow as well with me, mainly because I never owned one. I got one a few days ago, but i'm worried that I won't get used to it in time for psu.

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2005, 03:18 PM
PSU is still 2 1/2 months away just for the JP release. You have plenty of time to get adjusted, and it's not that hard. I would assume you have a PS2 - but if you don't yet, then just buy a PS2 to NGC controller adapter and try to play PSO with the PS2 controller.

I own all four current gen consoles, and switching from controller to controller is seamless. The only complaint I have is that the DC didn't have a second analog stick for FPS's. (Using the Face Buttons for movement SUCKED.) Then again... I have a DC KB & Mouse - so that's not much of a problem either.

OdinTyler
Dec 12, 2005, 04:39 PM
Just takes practice to get used to one controller over another. Perfect example: Resident Evil. I was so used to PS controls that a GC controller for it seemed well...impossible. I just made the effort to make it work for me. I may have to get used to working on PS2 controls again for RE4 or what not. Basically, if you want to, youll do it. Its only 'strange' in your mind. Just make it 'un-strange.'

vox3om
Dec 12, 2005, 05:12 PM
Again...If you don't like the feel, or even the idea of PSU being on PS2. Just play it on PC, its going to be better on PC anyways.

fronebullare
Dec 12, 2005, 06:06 PM
On 2005-12-12 14:12, vox3om wrote:
Again...If you don't like the feel, or even the idea of PSU being on PS2. Just play it on PC, its going to be better on PC anyways.

I was going to but I found out that my computer won't be able to run it( it can't even run BB)

DeathMachine
Dec 12, 2005, 09:59 PM
If you remember how to use a SNES contoller, then it's sorta similar...sorta.

_Tek_
Dec 13, 2005, 12:36 AM
It should take less than a few days, or even hours to get used to a new controller.

OdinTyler
Dec 13, 2005, 12:39 AM
Well, like I said, if a person really wants to play a game, theyll put forth the effort to work on usage of the control. Having hotkeys for text & now, the cut-in chat is handy. Nothing worse than fumbling through a bunch of buttons when youre trying to say something, not to mention also having to focus on the fact that you better know what youre doing control wise, so your char doesnt die. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif