PDA

View Full Version : Graphics question

jnblz316
Dec 12, 2005, 09:37 PM
I have the new PS2 and a PC but my PC has an old graphics card. So i'm leaning towards the PS2 version also because of the controller. How much of a difference will the graphics be between the PC and PS2 versions. Also what's that i hear the PS2 version is coming out before the PC? Also if it is then when's the release date?
thanks

OdinTyler
Dec 12, 2005, 09:44 PM
On 2005-12-12 18:37, jnblz316 wrote:
I have the new PS2 and a PC but my PC has an old graphics card. So i'm leaning towards the PS2 version also because of the controller. How much of a difference will the graphics be between the PC and PS2 versions. Also what's that i hear the PS2 version is coming out before the PC? Also if it is then when's the release date?
thanks

1. Old graphics card = definitely get the PS2 version. If your PC cant handle it, dont even bother unless you can upgrade.

2. Im a video gamer first, so Im more accostomed to controllers. I definitely understand.

3. People make a huge deal about what is visually better. To really notice a difference, its all in the monitor. If you have an ok monitor, but, an HD TV, then naturally, the video game will look better. This isnt to say that PCs dont have better resolutions. They do. However, the device you use to view on plays a pretty hefty part in it. I think thats forgotten about sometimes. It all depends on how youre set up at home.

4. The PS2 may come out before the PC, but, rumors circulate that there may be a simul release. No word on that yet. As for dates, only the Japanese PS2 version's date was announced. Its in Feb2006. I think the 6th or 8th, I forget. That for sure is coming out. No word yet on the PC or any non JP release dates.

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2005, 10:31 PM
If you have an ok monitor, but, an HD TV, then naturally, the video game will look better.

I dunno, I've yet to see a HDTV match the quality of a decent CRT PC moniter for under $2,000. That's why I use a PC moniter exclusively for all my video-gaming and television watching needs. It's not really worth the price for a HDTV of decent quality unless I want a large screensize. My apartment is small, so I don't need a huge TV at the moment. Plus it's nice to have a convienent little high-definition display to take with me to LAN parties.

I have a 20" CRT w/ a KD-CTCA3 Component to VGA adapter for my progressive scan media, and a ViewSonic N5 Multi-In to VGA for interlaced media (which converts the signal to progressive so that it can display on my moniter). Though the N5 is no match for the KD-CTCA3 in picture quality, it's a handy little device to have for a low pricepoint.

JN - I think your decision should be based on just how well your PC will be able to play PSU. The minimum system requirements have already been posted, and if you don't feel like upgrading - then stick to the PC version. The graphics will be noticably better on the PC, but they'll still look rather good on the PS2. As for a controller, no word has been announced on weither or not you can use PC controllers with PSU - though I think you can for Blue Burst, and most PC games have at least a controller option. You can find PS2-like controllers for the PC rather easily.

Right now, there's not enough info to give you a definitive answer - but tentantively, if you're concerned about graphics - it will be worth it to upgrade your PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-12-12 19:36 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Dec 13, 2005, 01:07 AM
Definitely do not worry about the controller issue. I'm the same way, but I use a logitech rumblepad, which is nearly identical to a PS2 controller. If you wanted to take it one step further, there are adapters available that will let you plug your PS2/Xbox/GC controllers into your PC. However, I would probably recommend getting a controller that is actually made for the PC, as it will likely come with some software that allows you to map buttons to keys on your keyboard (which is very helpful for PC games).