PDA

View Full Version : PSUs Customization has been challanged!!

Shade-
Dec 15, 2005, 08:09 PM
Read: Soul Calibur III

The character creation for SC3 is much more diverse than I first expected. At first I thought there was no possible way a fighting game would have more customization than a PS game, but I think I might be wrong.

If I remember right, the Male Human in PSU had about 15 billion combinations with a hair color slider, eye color slider, face proportion slider, skin color slider, and body proportion slider.

SC3 has a whole bunch of catagories for equipment. hat, hair, mask, facial hair, neck, upper/mid/lower torso, shoulders, hands, waist, upper/mid/lower legs, and feet of the top of my head, all with a good selection of equipment. And THEN, there is color sliders for every item on you.

It would be fair to say ignore all the colors and sliders, but from the demos, there are several of the same jackets (for exxample) that are the same, just colored differently, so if we ignored color completely, the jacket/pant/boot sections of the PSU customization would be lowered a lot.

Either way, PSU has it's work cut out for it still I'd say in toping SC3.

Kano-Okami
Dec 15, 2005, 08:34 PM
Isn't it the other way around
...seeing as SCIII came out first?...
just asking.

Dre_o
Dec 15, 2005, 09:11 PM
No. PSU wins hands down. Creating a character for a character on character combat game is ok. Not a bad idea. But creating a character that has the potential to change over time, get better, stronger, have better allies (PM), it is no competition.

I love SC but PSU beats it, hands down.

watashiwa
Dec 15, 2005, 10:24 PM
Well, SC3 owns because you can create KOS-MOS in it.

http://www.vengefulsoda.com/kosmos/kosmos01.jpg

But, I think the creator of this topic was only referring to how much you can customize about your character visually.

Even though, say, you can change alot of stuff with SC3, you can only pick from a certain number of faces. and you can't really adjust proportion. I think that part about PSU rules the floor with SC3.

DeathKnight
Dec 15, 2005, 10:50 PM
i have SC3 and i have to say i like PSU better (or will), its gaming is better (i got bored of SC3 so fast) but i agree its customization could be upped to SC3s level. i know i'd like it. but i don't think it will necessarily need it, it does very well on its own. i don't think i've heard anyone claim that PSU had the best customization options of any other game, just much MUCH better from PSO. and i've got better characters than that, like the entire crew from FFVI and some of my own. i liked them so much i never used the preset game characters. but thats just me

Niki
Dec 15, 2005, 11:22 PM
Well, to get things off to a bad start: SC2 clowns SC3 in gameplay and character design. Dunno what NAMCO was going for, but...

The customisation is a decent option to have [makes the game way more playable] and there are a lot of ways to make your creation unique. About 5 billion fewer ways than PSU, but still...

The main reason PSU is better for me is analogue. the slider option is a phenomenal tool for customisation, i intend on playing with it for a few hours before finalising my first PSU char.

Yeah, too bad about SC3. Mitsurugi's cheaper than Wal-Mart.

_Tek_
Dec 15, 2005, 11:57 PM
I love PSO/U's futuristic angle. Most stuff I see is so mideivil. That's why I always hold PS in higher ranking.

Espilonarge
Dec 16, 2005, 07:35 AM
Lets just hope we don't see something as silly as a certain character from Dead or Alive with that alien suit (can't remember his name, his the black guy that tends to wear sunnies.) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hopefully with PSU's customization for clothing we're allowed to change the colour of the suit itself. PSO was dull because we were given a couple of dozen clothes for each character but you couldn't customize the colours like your hair. I know a few people will be going for the Black/Red combination with PSU thoe. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lovejuice
Dec 16, 2005, 09:31 AM
Har, of course, at least in PSU, it should be possible to make people with a 'black' skintone. It was terribly stupid, that after seeing a character like Zasalaalalalamel, in SCIII, the only kinda brown-y tones you could make were well.. pretty awful, and generally non-existant! Dark red does not count! NACMO R TEH RAZIST H88~!@##

The whole (uneditable) proportion thing with SCIII was just weird, especially for men. The arms were so out of proportion with the top half of the body, they just always looked so bloody weird and goofy. Although, true to any game with a character creation bit, girls totally spanked the boys in terms of general bits available that weren't total poop. But the 'apron' made me happy. <3 SCIII Shop Girls!

Espilonarge
Dec 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
Not when it comes to Link spanking Ivy's ass in its predecessor Soul Calibur 2 for GC. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Dec 16, 2005, 11:51 AM
On 2005-12-16 06:31, Lovejuice wrote:
Har, of course, at least in PSU, it should be possible to make people with a 'black' skintone. It was terribly stupid, that after seeing a character like Zasalaalalalamel, in SCIII, the only kinda brown-y tones you could make were well.. pretty awful, and generally non-existant! Dark red does not count! NACMO R TEH RAZIST H88~!@##

The whole (uneditable) proportion thing with SCIII was just weird, especially for men. The arms were so out of proportion with the top half of the body, they just always looked so bloody weird and goofy. Although, true to any game with a character creation bit, girls totally spanked the boys in terms of general bits available that weren't total poop. But the 'apron' made me happy. <3 SCIII Shop Girls!

aww thats lame ; ;

i always had my pso girls dark skinned

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/psopics/pso2.png

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/psopics/psoe2.png

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 03:11 PM
Am I the only one who realizes that comparing an RPG & a fighting game is not only silly but pointless? Sure, you can go on & on debating about who can custom what & more...but cmon! An RPG is an RPG, a fighting game is a fighting game. Period.

Alisha
Dec 16, 2005, 03:13 PM
eh ive always felt that rpg's and fighting games have a lot in common

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 03:14 PM
Uh no, theyre 2 different categories. Otherwise theyd be the same thing. Thats like saying puzzle & sports are similar. LOL

Niki
Dec 16, 2005, 06:58 PM
Sure, puzzles are sports for yer brain.

watashiwa
Dec 16, 2005, 10:07 PM
On 2005-12-16 12:11, OdinTyler wrote:
Am I the only one who realizes that comparing an RPG & a fighting game is not only silly but pointless? Sure, you can go on & on debating about who can custom what & more...but cmon! An RPG is an RPG, a fighting game is a fighting game. Period.

The only things we're comparing about the two games are customization. I don't see what it matters what genre the games being compared are from. We're only looking towards characters.

So, in your logic, if there is a fighting game where you can customize the belt or waist of your fighter and someone says "That'd be kind of kewl to customize the waist of your hunter in PSU!", then you rip their head off because it's pointless.

C'mon, what the hell? lol.

Ignore the fact that Soul Calibur III is a fighting game and ignore the fact that PSU is an RPG game. We're simply talking about what would make for good customization in PSU. If we're talking about things used in other games or genres, that doesn't make the idea wrong or pointless. Just something someone saw as kind of neat and wishful thinking to be added to PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-12-16 19:08 ]</font>

Shade-
Dec 16, 2005, 10:31 PM
OKOK! PSU never claimed to have the best customization, SC3 came out before PSU, and it's a totally pointless discussion, but I thought it'd be intresting anyway.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 11:18 PM
1. LOL Shade
2. Im not ripping anyones head off.
3. Belt customizations would be great for PSU. I wont get POed that we dont have it. However, if we did get it, fine by me.

Para
Dec 17, 2005, 12:37 AM
SCIII put a lot of emphasis on character creation fyi

Their designer wanted people to make their own heroes and really adventure on their own...

SEGA just improved it but didn't intend to go all out on just character creation.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:43 AM
Well, its a huge leap over PSO, that we can all agree on so Im loving what we get as is. If it were up to me, Id have chars so detailed that you might need a game disc JUST for character creation! LOL

Para
Dec 17, 2005, 01:55 AM
On 2005-12-16 08:51, Alisha wrote:

On 2005-12-16 06:31, Lovejuice wrote:

aww thats lame ; ;

i always had my pso girls dark skinned

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/psopics/pso2.png

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/psopics/psoe2.png

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

as i recall... from an old pic from you alisha that your skin was fairly dark too... not really dark though.