PDA

View Full Version : Terry Pratchett

EphekZ
Dec 15, 2005, 11:38 PM
He is a great author..has anyone else heard/read his books? if you havnt you should great fanstasy, full of satire and more!

space_butler
Dec 16, 2005, 06:42 AM
I think ive read just about everything hes ever written. hows that for sad? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Deathscythealpha
Dec 16, 2005, 07:06 AM
Ive been a Pratchett fan for years, I love his books. They always managed to make me smile with some of the comedy he infuses into them. I like the way how he mixes up fantasy with modern day elements and its always interesting to read how the occupants of the Discworld deal with these new elements. Ive also read a few of his non Discworld books. The Johnny Trilogy is brilliant, and as a gamer I remember really enjoying 'Only You Can Save Mankind'.

I would be reading his latest book, 'Thud' right now if it wasnt going to be a Christmas present.

Favourite Pratchett book: The Hogfather

korifugi
Dec 16, 2005, 08:49 AM
Yup - Pratchett is brilliant, the only problem I'm finding is I need a second row on my bookcase for the Discworld series (I've got all of them that are out in paperback, plus Maskerade signed by the man himself!)
I like the way he uses the Disc as a sort of 'mirror' to reality, showing how daft/stupid/silly the world can be....!

trypticon
Dec 16, 2005, 11:33 AM
Great author. I love the crap that goes on at unseen university.

DizzyDi
Dec 17, 2005, 04:12 AM
I've read Good Omens, twice. Love it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EphekZ
Dec 17, 2005, 01:51 PM
Favourite Pratchett book: The Hogfather

I'm really looking forward to that book but they didnt have it at the bookstore so far ive read the color of magic, The light fantasic, Equal rights and two days ago I bought two new books: Small Gods and Soul Music

I really cant wait to read hogfather.

also I think my favorite character in the series would be either Death or Twoflower