PDA

View Full Version : Level Cap

Eclypse
Dec 16, 2005, 04:44 AM
Have they said what the level cap will be?

_Tek_
Dec 16, 2005, 04:50 AM
Probably 200.

But we don't know if the amount of experience for each level will be different, or how much the monsters give you.

Eclypse
Dec 16, 2005, 05:22 AM
Ah, man can this game come out already. May seems like forever and a day away.

Espilonarge
Dec 16, 2005, 06:58 AM
Not to be bothersome towards people but personally I'm getting tired of people saying its going to be released in "May" which is incorrect.

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu

I know for a fact that May is not part of "Winter" in the US so I'm not sure who's spreading the fulse rumours about. If however it is to be released in May, Sega might want to update their PSU mini site otherwise its considered "false advertisement" which is rather offencive (especially to their fans and customers.)

F-o-x
Dec 16, 2005, 07:10 AM
The only reason people are saying its going to be released in May is because several online retailers have May listed as PSU's ship date. With the JPN version shipping on Feb 16th it seems logical. I would prefer to wait for the developers themselves to tell us when the game is going to be released in the US as with previous PSO releases online retailers have been wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-16 04:12 ]</font>

Espilonarge
Dec 16, 2005, 07:22 AM
Its rather hard since the developers (US side of Sega/Sonic Team) doesn't seem to really have a website dedicated to Sonic Team in the US (if there even is one.) The reason why I'm going by what Sega of America's website states is because its the only "true" date confirmed from the offical source.

The people who believe it'll be released on "May" is rather hard to believe personally because they don't have any infomation from Sega/Sonic Team themselves for the US release (real infomation.) Even if it came from IGN, Gamespot or some other media report, I still don't believe it to be a 100% accurate responce to the question "When will PSU be released in English/The US?"

I guess like everyone else its a "wait and see" game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Dec 16, 2005, 01:36 PM
I honestly don't see the level-cap going much above lvl 100. The only reason why PSO had a cap of 200, was because of the addition of Ultimate mode into the v.2 expansion. The original v.1 release for the Dreamcast was also capped at 100.

I could see the cap being raised to 200 again in the future after a few expansions... but not on an intial release.

Eclypse
Dec 16, 2005, 02:40 PM
On 2005-12-16 03:58, Espilonarge wrote:
Not to be bothersome towards people but personally I'm getting tired of people saying its going to be released in "May" which is incorrect.

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu

I know for a fact that May is not part of "Winter" in the US so I'm not sure who's spreading the fulse rumours about. If however it is to be released in May, Sega might want to update their PSU mini site otherwise its considered "false advertisement" which is rather offencive (especially to their fans and customers.)

Well considering that Sonic Team's US website is rarely updated I would hardly use that as a measurement for when a game comes out. Secondly, I doubt it will be winter since the game doesn't come out in JPN until 2/06 and March is the last month of Winter before "Spring" starts.

I will keep saying May because I believe that is when the game will come out, seeing as it is enough time after the JPN release to get everything in order for the US launch.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 03:06 PM
1. No mention of the lvl cap, but, as said it will probably be 100 then upgrade to 200 in another version.

2. Theres a bar for XP. No telling if theres a numerical figure to accompany it. Personally, Id love both. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

3. I believe we all got caught in a technicality. For the most part, the media we saw was Japanese & ST spoke of a Winter release for PSU. It didnt say specifically which version. That being the case, theyre holding to their word of release one version of PSU (the JP one) on time. However, that sticks the rest of us. They couldve been honest & said the others are coming out later. Thats marketing for ya. Marketers have never been on the side of RPG players. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Eclypse
Dec 16, 2005, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if they made the cap 50 similar to other MMO's right now like CoH, WoW(60) and a couple other. I can't see PSU having a cap of 200 like PSO since the games are somewhat different and the same in ways.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 11:27 PM
Technically, PSO/PSU arent MMOs so they wont have the same type of lvl gaining. Also, the reason that MMOs have smaller lvl caps is the insane amt of xp you need to gain some of those later lvls. In my almost 2 yrs on EQOA, I ended up with 1 Lv60 (some 50s, 40s & below). 60 was really hard to get, but, worth it. PSO's 200 lvls I always thought was insane. Its still too much XP! LOL Expect 100 to be a safe bet (for now) anyway.

_Tek_
Dec 17, 2005, 01:35 AM
I think the reason the level cap was raised to 200 was because people unbelievably played alot of PSO when it first came out. So they had to keep it up. ST probably didn't think people would play so much.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 17, 2005, 01:57 AM
I'll be questioning Clumsy in early february if we still haven't heard anything on the US release.

DizzyDi
Dec 17, 2005, 03:41 AM
Technically, PSO/PSU arent MMOs so they wont have the same type of lvl gaining. Also, the reason that MMOs have smaller lvl caps is the insane amt of xp you need to gain some of those later lvls. In my almost 2 yrs on EQOA, I ended up with 1 Lv60 (some 50s, 40s & below). 60 was really hard to get, but, worth it. PSO's 200 lvls I always thought was insane. Its still too much XP! LOL Expect 100 to be a safe bet (for now) anyway

What about PSO/PSU isn't MMO? Theres a massive amount of multiplayer online, isn't there? And I think the lvl cap fer PSO was so high cause it was just so easy to lvl grind it, IMO. You could just hop into a dungeon and maim/slice/kill/destory all you want as long as you have healing items and MT, but maybe it gets harder to do this in higher levels, I'unno.

Kano-Okami
Dec 17, 2005, 07:02 AM
On 2005-12-16 04:10, F-o-x wrote:
The only reason people are saying its going to be released in May is because several online retailers have May listed as PSU's ship date. With the JPN version shipping on Feb 16th it seems logical. I would prefer to wait for the developers themselves to tell us when the game is going to be released in the US as with previous PSO releases online retailers have been wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-16 04:12 ]</font>
Agreed, I frequently check with gaming retailers and retailing sites for the US release date, and all of them point to May, although it may be liable to change. It doesn't matter what time its speculated to come out. What matters is when the retailers get the game. But to get back on topic, no level caps have been mentioned, although 100-200 seems to be the most likely level cap.

Eclypse
Dec 17, 2005, 09:00 AM
On 2005-12-17 04:02, Kano-Okami wrote:
, no level caps have been mentioned, although 100-200 seems to be the most likely level cap.

Why does that seem like the most likely level cap if nothing has been mentioned?

Espilonarge
Dec 17, 2005, 09:57 AM
Possibly due to Sega/Sonic Team with PSO. Seems pretty common with every PSO game they've released so thats why most people are going by it.

Could be capped at LV50 for all we know. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 10:12 AM
1. 100-200 is most likely as ST isnt going to change TOO MUCH of the overall formula. As Ive said, 100 is more than likely as ppl expect a 2nd version in the future.

2. PSO/PSU arent MMOs. I know, it was hard for me to accept as well. Having played an MMO afterwards, it turns out its true. If you can have 20, 30, or even up to 50 ppl in one place at one time, in battle groups, thats an MMO. PSO you can only do that in the lobby (unfortunately). A PS MMO would be nuts! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

3. Just as in my past MMO experience, I never found gaining lvls in PSO to be easy. Some of them, sure. But, as you get further ahead, it gets really difficult. This is especially true when you spent alot of time soloing. Now that Ill have dedicated ppl playing by my side, XPing should remarkably improve.

4. Regardless of what the lvl limit is, it wont be super high. This is because ST STILL focuses more on the offline portion & they know that potentially, players will have online AND offline chars to work on. Gaining 200 lvls on both modes is not something many will even attempt to do in the near future. It will probably be small to the original norm & then perhaps, work its way up. Besides, the highest lvl Ive seen in an offline RPG is 100.

Eclypse
Dec 17, 2005, 02:15 PM
PSO/PSU are MMO's and why you would think differently is kinda odd, but to each there own. It might not be in the same formula as other MMO's but it's still one nonetheless.

As for the level cap, I can see them changing the formula since so much else has already been changed. I for one hope they look outside the box on thsi game because ST is notorius for not backing up there games much. PSU in my opinion looks to have tremendous potential, but leave it to ST to fuck something up like they seem to always do.

Rion772
Dec 17, 2005, 03:14 PM
I hope for 150 Lv cap, that just seems perfect to me.

Parn
Dec 17, 2005, 03:26 PM
On 2005-12-17 11:15, Eclypse wrote:
PSO/PSU are MMO's and why you would think differently is kinda odd, but to each there own. It might not be in the same formula as other MMO's but it's still one nonetheless.
Nope. No legitimate game publication, nor Sega themselves classify PSO and PSU as MMORPGs. That's because they don't fit the mold. They are strictly regarded as online RPGs, much like Diablo and Diablo 2.

Eclypse
Dec 17, 2005, 03:33 PM
On 2005-12-17 12:26, Parn wrote:

On 2005-12-17 11:15, Eclypse wrote:
Nope. No legitimate game publication, nor Sega themselves classify PSO and PSU as MMORPGs. That's because they don't fit the mold. They are strictly regarded as online RPGs, much like Diablo and Diablo 2.

Well they are MMO's to me so that's the only opinion that really matters in the end.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 06:32 PM
Eclypse, nothing would make me happier than to agree with you on this. However, I cant. Why? Well, I had quite the debate long ago about this with a friend of mine. It took experiencing other games to determine what is & is not an MMO. Trust me, having been in your position, PSO/PSU arent MMOs. Doesnt mean its a bad thing. PSO has gone on for what, 5 yrs? Now, PSU is coming out & the series (of sorts) continues. That says alot. Some MMOs are lucky to last 2 or 3 yrs before ppl go elsewhere.

Inazuma
Dec 17, 2005, 07:43 PM
its not so much the level cap, but the time it takes to reach max level.

1000 hours or so works for me

Eclypse
Dec 17, 2005, 07:59 PM
On 2005-12-17 15:32, OdinTyler wrote:
Eclypse, nothing would make me happier than to agree with you on this. However, I cant. Why? Well, I had quite the debate long ago about this with a friend of mine. It took experiencing other games to determine what is & is not an MMO. Trust me, having been in your position, PSO/PSU arent MMOs. Doesnt mean its a bad thing. PSO has gone on for what, 5 yrs? Now, PSU is coming out & the series (of sorts) continues. That says alot. Some MMOs are lucky to last 2 or 3 yrs before ppl go elsewhere.

Well I still think it is a MMO because it's much like other MMO's that I play CoH, CoV, albeit a little different. In some peoples opinion such as yourself oyu might think otherwise but I along with others that I know consider it an MMO because by defintion it is a Massive Multiplayer Online game. Massive sinec you have a nice sized PSO community, Multiplayer since you play with others, and Online because it's well online.

Cross
Dec 17, 2005, 08:10 PM
"MMO" has become a bit of a loosely-defined term since it first started to get used. When people say that something like PSO, PSU, or Guild Wars "isn't an MMO" they're thinking of the traditional definition which is basically a persistent, shared world where everybody on the same server can potentially be in the same places.

The line gets blurred because of games like PSO/Diablo 2/PSU which have strong central servers, but don't keep persistent worlds running. It gets even a bit more complicated when there are games like Guild Wars, in which you play the game in only a small party in an instanced zone, but in the towns everybody can interact (they are still broken up into instances, but you can hop between them whenever you like); PSU's lobbies will probably be somewhat the same, but PSO's were too small to really be able to say that.
It gets even more jumbled when even most of the 'traditional' styled "MMOs" like City of Heroes/Villains and World of Warcraft come out. Now there's a persistent, shared world, but there are also major dungeons and areas that are instanced off from the main servers (kind of like the opposite of Guild Wars and PSU).

Personally, I'd err on the side that says that a game should have a persistent world to be a "real" MMO, but I can see allowances for other games depending on where you draw the line at how split up the game's servers can be. Overall, though, it's not an incredibly useful term anymore. "Persistent World RPG" is more descriptive for traditional games, "Instanced Online RPG" could work fine for GW/PSU games, etc.
Either way, it's kind of hard to argue about what is and isn't an MMORPG unless you lay out a very specific definition of what does and doesn't make one. Fairly pointless, too - does it really mean that a game is better, worse, more or less legitimate as a game if it is or isn't an MMO?

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 09:13 PM
Like I said, Id love to agree with Eclypse & I did fight for PSO to be considered an MMO for quite awhile. If you consider the standard definition of an MMO, PSO/PSU doesnt fit that. If you just go by the community size, regardless of how they meet up, then yes I agree (that was my motivation to once think so). For everyone in PSU to be in a 'persistent world' would be SOOOOO awesome. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ah, if only...

Parn
Dec 17, 2005, 09:52 PM
I disagree. Everyone in a persistant world leads to the problems that every other MMORPG suffers from. Monster camping, fighting over a handful of monsters in zones, having to deal with annoying individuals at all times, etc. etc.

Apparently Sonic Team feels the same way, because they could have developed PSU as a typical MMORPG. I'm glad they didn't, and it's the reason why I have interest in the game to begin with.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 09:57 PM
Gee Parn, thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons why I left EQOA. I was trying to only think of the POSITIVE elements about MMOs. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Parn
Dec 17, 2005, 09:59 PM
That's the thing about MMORPGs... the negatives far outweigh the positives. That's why we're anticipating PSU, after all... heh...

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 10:08 PM
When PSO was still in production, I saw a pic of a Grass Assassin in an early part of the Forest (like I said...OOOOOLD pic). Anyway, I got the feeling of gathering a bunch of ppl to take on monsters. I thought thats how it was. To a point, I was right. Being introduced to EQOA blew me away cause I didnt realize how freaking huge the game is. As an MMO its TOO big in that it gets VERY repetitive. Some things are different but you cant survive to such places unless you have 10+ ppl with you. Disheartening as it can be, sometimes these raids could be fun. However, Ive never seen such horrid organization skills.
Tho PSO/PSU isnt an MMO in that sense, since the group size is now 6, it really helps out so you dont have to really choose among friends who goes & who stays. They can all join up together! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In my early EQOA days, I would love the grandness of the zones tho. To get some of that feeling back whether soloing or in a group would be fun. If the areas in PSU dwarf PSO's areas in size, Id be in heaven. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cross
Dec 17, 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree about persistant worlds not being as good as their instanced counterparts. To me, persistant worlds in online games are kind of like the video game equivalent of communism. Looks really nice on paper and everything, but in practice or once you really think about it, it just never works.

When you give your game a persistant world, you:
- lose the chance to have accessible boss fights. In a persistant world, people will sit where they spawn and camp them over and over. Most people won't have the time or chance to actually get to fight them.
- cannot have any 'effects' on the game world. In an instanced area, once you cross a bridge, you can blow it up so nothing can follow you across (I don't think this will happen in PSU, but in theory they could have this sort of environmental interaction). In a persistant world, you can't do that because as soon as one person does it, the area is ruined for everybody else.
- open the floodgates for all sorts of unwanted nastiness. Kill-stealing, looting, crowded zones where you can't find any monsters, or just plain griefing coming from a few jackasses that can ruin your gameplay.
- suddenly have to really, really worry about making sure that the different areas in your game have even populations. If 90% of the players are in one area while you have 50 other areas with three people each in them, those areas are largely wasted, and the populated area is overcrowded to a ridiculous extent. Not to mention that the problem is a slippery slope - if an area doesn't have many people, it's hard to find a group. If you can't find a group in an area, you're likely to leave and find a place with more people, which just sort of contributes to the problem. The most common way to do this is to just make leveling up a huge chore so people naturally get filtered depending on how much time they're putting into the game - in my opinion, a really, really unfun way to make a game. If it's isntanced though, it doesn't matter. Everybody who plays the game can all be in the same dungeon at once, and there are no adverse effects. Likewise, if you've got only five or six people in an area, that's enough for a party and they won't be feeling any ill effets either.

Honestly, it's a big mess once you start thinking about a game in terms of the mechanics of the overall design. As far as I'm concerned, the more instanced you get, the better.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 10:11 PM
OK then, how about I run a persistent online game & Ill keep as much crap from happening as I can. Having been involved in such a thing, I know whats good & whats bad. Yeah, I remember camping. I should say I remember campers as they can be downright rude. I camped for only what I had to, no greed. Too much immaturity in MMOs. I guess we're lucky afterall...

DeathKnight
Dec 17, 2005, 10:42 PM
yes, i agree whole-heartedly Cross. very, very good points. most of which drove me away from the larger MMOs -.- just overall aggrevation. i loved having the continuous world and all, its cool, but as you pointed out it causes a lot of problems. however, i'll definitely be looking forward to PSU because of the instanced gameplay, i won't have to worry about KSers anymore and if i want to solo i can do so easily. hopefully it'll be a smarter crowd of players as well >> i get awfully tired of stupid people online, i can just never escape them and it made partying a horrible experience. at best they'd end up as a meat shield and i'd finish it on my own after they die. judging from the people i've seen here though, well, at least they'll be good to play online with ;P

Eclypse
Dec 18, 2005, 12:11 AM
Well damn after reading what seems to be well thoughout our responses I will admit defeat in thinking it's a true MMO in the line of WoW, CoH, CoV, etc.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 12:37 AM
Now DK, you know you wont have to be alone. Im here to group with. Me & the gang, remember? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DeathKnight
Dec 18, 2005, 01:31 AM
yeah i know i won't have to solo now, but i still like to sometimes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif or it just happens when nobody else is on

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 11:15 AM
Well, when no one is on, thats what offline mode is for. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Seriously, Ive already planned to use that as downtime play.

DeathKnight
Dec 18, 2005, 03:37 PM
haha, i know i probably should, but i'd rather solo online if noone else i know is on. i'll play the offline mode eventually http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kano-Okami
Dec 18, 2005, 04:01 PM
Speaking of leveling and solo, I've been wondering about our evolved Partner Machines in combat. I wonder if what and how their level cap will affect them. I'd be really great if you could have a strong fighting PM but I wonder if it could become stronger then yourself..and would there be consequences?

Eclypse
Dec 18, 2005, 05:00 PM
I don't think I will ever play offline even when it's slow online.

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 05:23 PM
Hopefully more than 200 this time

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 05:27 PM
i dont plan to play the offlie mode either, instead i would talk to friends

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 06:27 PM
Being a fan of the previous games I'll be looking forward to the offline game. Although I'm going online after about an hour or so of offline play (I just want to get the hang of the new additions to the game), and after that I might play offline during server downtime or if I have net problems.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 06:51 PM
I mean when no one is online that I know, to play with or the server is down (you know its gonna happen). Then, when I need my PSU fix, but, cant be online, THEN I have offline to keep me going for awhile. As for lvl cap, we pretty much covered that already. Lastly, no way a PM is gonna be more powerful than you. I tried explaining that to ppl on EQOA: NO PET CAN BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE MASTER. What would it need YOU for, then?

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah I was going to say something like that too (About PMs), although I deleted it before I posted as I couldn't figure out how to say it properly.

In short I'm with Odin, I highly doubt our PMs will be able to grow more poweful than us. Although it would be nice to have them strong enough to be useful.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 07:08 PM
"I'm with Odin."

I like the sound of that. Ppl agree with what makes sense. I take it you definitely didnt play EQOA. I could barely find anyone there who made any sense! LOL

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 07:16 PM
Heh. I was there for a very short amount of time. About three weeks or so, and I had a lv20 Paladin. Its the strangest thing, after that I simply lost all interest in the game and moved on.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 07:27 PM
You played EQOA on PS2??? What server were you on?

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 07:39 PM
Holy... Now you've done it. Ummm... I forget ><

Hmm. After checking a site I found with Google I think I was on Diren Hold. My name was... Whitefox.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 07:40 PM
Diren Hold? HOLY S&*( I was on DH! Whitefox...hmmm, idk if I remember that name. You were only there for 2 weeks? When was this?

Korashimo
Dec 18, 2005, 07:40 PM
hey r the PM's gonna be able to get stuff equipped to them cause i've been wondering that since i heard of them fighting and is there gonna be a monthy fee

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korashimo on 2005-12-18 16:44 ]</font>

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 07:52 PM
On 2005-12-18 16:40, Korashimo wrote:
hey r the PM's gonna be able to get stuff equipped to them cause i've been wondering that since i heard of them fighting and is there gonna be a monthy fee

Hmm I don't think any info has been released regarding PM equipment. And yeah there is going to be a fee, its about 10 bucks for the first month and around 8 bucks every month thereafter.

Hmm Odin. This would have to have been... maybe sometime between January and March of 2002. I had a friend who actually introduced me to the game, he was either Ragnark or Ragnarok (One of his characters at least).

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 07:57 PM
Crap, so we didnt get to meet each other then. Oh well. Only 2 mos? You hated the game that much? LOL Rag, Im not sure about. Did he have another name or did you know what guild he was in? I started in late 2003, not too long after Frontiers came out.

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 08:28 PM
Oh ok I left a little while before Frontiers came so I know I've got my timeframe right. I'm not too sure about my friend's other characters (I do know he had a few though), or his guild.

Nah its not that I didn't like it... it was weird because I thought the game was okay. I just... "lost interest". I just stopped logging on all of a sudden and a few weeks after that I went online, gave away all my stuff and cancelled my account.

Korashimo
Dec 18, 2005, 08:45 PM
u sure that fee is for the US version?

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 11:01 PM
Well... no. Thats the announced fees for the JPN version of PSU. Thats all we have to go on at the moment. Although I don't think there will be any major change in the price for the US version.

Korashimo
Dec 19, 2005, 12:55 AM
k thnx but really....WHY CANT IT COME OUT SOONER!!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 01:13 AM
1. Cause we got caught in a technicality. PSU is coming out in Winter 2006, just not in America. Damn ST shouldve been straight with us.

2. The fees should be about the same. Standard online charges range from 8-15/month starting.

3. Still no mention of a beta test going on here so its very much up in the air.

Oh & guys, I can tell you that the May 6th date is probably BS. Why? Well I saw one such listing up today. It said PSU will be coming out in Europe before the US. We all know thats crap so dont...dont...DONT go by what the retailers say. Til ST says it, dont believe the type!

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 02:00 AM
I'm sticking with the May 06 date because ST has been pretty good about the dates that get leaked to retailers, except for the release of PSOX which was handled terribly.

F-o-x
Dec 19, 2005, 08:41 AM
The only reason I want to wait for ST to announce the date is because every PSO game from v2 onwards had a date on retailer websites that was completely wrong (Before ST acctually announced a date).

Not to say they can't be right this time though. We might be surprised. I'm just saying I prefer to hear it straight from the horse's mouth so the saying goes.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 09:28 AM
Hey Korashimo, I forgot to mention that a PM CAN equip items. There have been pics of an evolved PM that looks like a mini Elenor. Shes seen in the battlefield holding a sword, standing just as Ethan is (almost mocking him http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ). From this, we gather that they can aid in battle. Dont know how much yet, but, theyre counted as full members in a group (when there is a spot free).

Korashimo
Dec 19, 2005, 12:04 PM
thnx but about that coming out earlier comment.... i wuz being sarcastic http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif just complaining because i wish it would o and if it comes out in the US we could get it shipped to Canada right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korashimo on 2005-12-19 09:08 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 12:19 PM
Idk man. You should put in a request to have your copy thawed out & any & all icicles removed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously tho, since Canada is right above the US, you should be able to get it at the same time we do.

KhaosKidd
Dec 19, 2005, 12:19 PM
i think so 2 OdinTyler and i think it really cool.
-thx http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KhaosKidd on 2005-12-19 09:19 ]</font>

Korashimo
Dec 19, 2005, 06:59 PM
lol ty odin http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 09:49 PM
On 2005-12-19 09:04, Korashimo wrote:
thnx but about that coming out earlier comment.... i wuz being sarcastic http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif just complaining because i wish it would o and if it comes out in the US we could get it shipped to Canada right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korashimo on 2005-12-19 09:08 ]</font>

Yes, when a game goes retail in the states it's for the North American markets which would include Canada. I know for a fact that when CoV came out Canada got it at the same time because a friend of mine was playing his copy before we got ours. When I used to work at Best Buy our stores in Canada pretty much took shipment of the same merchandise we didn't because companys ship the product to the companies which in turn forward them to any market that they have an entity in. Canada and US are the same territories for most your large big box retail chains.

Sinue_v2
Dec 19, 2005, 10:48 PM
Actually, we've known that Partner Machinerys could aid you in battle since last May when the EGM with the PSU cover story was released. We just didn't know exactly what form that combat aid would take. Best guesses were that they'd float around like mags distributing healing items for you and possibly firing some kind of small mounted weaponry. All that's really changed is that we now know they can use weaponry your character similarly uses. They may still be able to attack in limited form (like the Dragoon Pet in Final Fantasy XI) at a lower evolution - but that information hasn't been released yet.

Though it's fairly safe to say that the final form of the Partner Machinery will be customizable depending on how you raise it. It's role in combat may well also be dependant on what form you choose for it. Feed it a lot of tech related items, and it may help you cast techs. Specified further, you can probably customize it to either support or offensive techs. Feeding it close combat items will most likey turn it into an offensive attacker, and ranged weapons could well likely turn it into a distance support damage dealer.

However, that is just speculation based on Sonic Team's past decisions and the general aura of optimum customization in PSU. It just doesn't seem likely to me that with the wide variety of mags and their uses in PSO - that PSU would force you into a PM which has one full evolution model - or one role in combat.

Going with the idea of "fun" mags (like the Hamburger, Genesis, Opa Opa, ect) - I can also easily see one of the final mag humanoid forms being a reference to classic Phantasy Star character. Possibly Wren, Demi, or Mieu... though if they are included, it's almost certain that you will need special items or meet certain conditions to create them.

And as for EverQuest Online Adventures - I also played it on Drien Hold server. However, I only spent 2 months with it after it first launched, and another month with it shortly after discontinuing my Final Fantasy XI account. I had a lvl 20 D-Elf Necro... and while I liked the character, I found that I abhored the game and all things Norrath. Even moreso than I loath Monster Hunter, which I still grudginly play on ocassion when I need an online RPG fix.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 10:58 PM
Is that so? What timeframe were you on DH? (month & year). Also, name of char(s) in case I knew ya?

Sinue_v2
Dec 20, 2005, 02:04 AM
I can't remember my character's name, it was so brief. I only bought it to tide me over till FFXI came out - so I didn't really play it much even when I did have an active account.

As I said, it was just after EQOA launched - so if you didn't join up until after Frontiers was released then I'd have been long gone. That last one month after Frontiers launched only amounted to about 18 hours of total playtime.

Korashimo
Dec 20, 2005, 02:31 AM
ty for the info Eclypse (hope i spelled that right) and i am seriously phyced about PSU, and i hope that Sega figures out some seriously awesome way to kill cheating/hacking/glitches....but i do doupt that will happen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif. You can always hope though and just wait and see http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 09:39 AM
One thing I really didnt like about EQOA was that if you started at Frontiers, many ppl didnt take you seriously. I wasnt set up for DSL til then so I couldnt join sooner. That & I wasnt sure about the game as of yet. Still, I put in a good 21 months, got alot done. Had more to do, but, oh well. At least this time around, Ill be on from the beginning (with all hopes) & should enjoy myself even more. Afterall, it IS Phantasy Star. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eclypse
Dec 20, 2005, 03:20 PM
On 2005-12-19 23:31, Korashimo wrote:
ty for the info Eclypse (hope i spelled that right) and i am seriously phyced about PSU, and i hope that Sega figures out some seriously awesome way to kill cheating/hacking/glitches....but i do doupt that will happen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif. You can always hope though and just wait and see http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

No problem it's what us that have the information are here for.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 04:44 PM
On 2005-12-20 12:20, Eclypse wrote:

Us? Really now. Tell me, Miss Cleo. Whatcha mean by dat? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Korashimo
Dec 20, 2005, 07:30 PM
omg im so bored waiting for it to come out that ive read almost everything (other then the scans) on PSU from PSOW 2 times....cant time just go by faster http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

DeathKnight
Dec 20, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-12-20 16:30, Korashimo wrote:
omg im so bored waiting for it to come out that ive read almost everything (other then the scans) on PSU from PSOW 2 times....cant time just go by faster http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

haha, me too. so bored waiting. although i wish it would come out sooner i wouldn't want them to rush it and forget some things or mess up somewhere >> but still, i wish they'd hurry >.<

Korashimo
Dec 20, 2005, 10:25 PM
What PSU is doin 2 me is like this other game i wuz waiting for....when it came out i didnt have a good enough computer so i got knocked down a few inches...stupid game looked so good 2.

Eclypse
Dec 21, 2005, 03:30 AM
On 2005-12-20 13:44, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2005-12-20 12:20, Eclypse wrote:

Us? Really now. Tell me, Miss Cleo. Whatcha mean by dat? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just means he asked a question, and I have the information he was looking for.