PDA

View Full Version : PSU Site Update for December 16

Ryna
Dec 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
Today's update occured in the World and System sections. Specifically, some information about the "SEED Vance" and other vehicles (G-Flyer, PPT, Striker) were released. We've already seeen most of this in previous Famistu scans.

If someone could extract the images and provide at least a partial translation, I'll put together a front page update later today.

Espilonarge
Dec 16, 2005, 07:29 AM
The SEED creature their showing (the one with the elastic claws and bubble head) was a little redundent in a video clip I saw a while back. Hopefully they put in a few new attacks or something otherwise we're gunna have the dreadful "repeditiveness" from PSO again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The only real update I see on the site is that new tank (ride section) that looks like something the Casts/Military would use. I can't be sure thoe because I can't translate and even if I was to use Babelfish, it wouldn't be able to work since its a flash website let alone it would be bad Engrish.

EspioKaos
Dec 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
I have to go to work very shortly, so I don't have time to do a proper translation, but from what I've gone over, there doesn't seem to be any new info on any of the updated pages. Actually, the magazine scans had more info than this! XD

Lovejuice
Dec 16, 2005, 09:00 AM
Another illicit friday meetup behind the bike sheds by the PSU.com hitsquad (as usual, the actual profile images are actually just placed on a slice of the website, so it'll need to be played with for a perfectly clear shot)..

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/9759/image19nk.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/9127/image21yf.jpghttp://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7073/image35ig.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6817/image11fw.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3162/image24bl.jpg

Interesting point about this SEED Vance thing, the one(s) we've seen in videos were pretty dull compared to the elaborate presentation of 'this' one. Perhaps we can prepare ourselves for some boss version? Or maybe, after translations, there might be some revelation to their purpose (other than, "Rawr, kill humans").

Tomeeboy
Dec 16, 2005, 10:30 AM
On 2005-12-16 06:00, Lovejuice wrote:

Interesting point about this SEED Vance thing, the one(s) we've seen in videos were pretty dull compared to the elaborate presentation of 'this' one. Perhaps we can prepare ourselves for some boss version? Or maybe, after translations, there might be some revelation to their purpose (other than, "Rawr, kill humans").

One of the previous magazine scans actually had a picture of this guy already, although it was cut off a bit on the top and right side:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/races/seed3.jpg

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 03:13 PM
So basically theres no real update? Does it talk more about what a SEED vance is or what? If all these creatures all came down onto a planet, you gotta think about this: perhaps theyre just seeds from one giant plant? A possible later boss maybe?

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
The runga is shown as breathing fire.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 04:13 PM
Yes, we know this tho. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif We need to know more about the SEED, although Im sure we'll learn that in game. My question is for the other vehicles? Lets hear more about this tank that your group can use. Also, are there others besides the Flowder & Lunga/Runga/whatever to use?

Ryna
Dec 16, 2005, 04:51 PM
On 2005-12-16 13:13, OdinTyler wrote:
We need to know more about the SEED, although Im sure we'll learn that in game. My question is for the other vehicles? Lets hear more about this tank that your group can use. Also, are there others besides the Flowder & Lunga/Runga/whatever to use?

Really, there wasn't anything "new" revealed in this updated. What was released on the site was already shown in previous issues of Famistu. Even with that, Famitsu provided better descriptions than what the official site did in this case.

PhruitBaskit
Dec 16, 2005, 05:04 PM
So this Friday's update really wsan't that much of an update? Visually there's nothing we haven't seen and information-wise...Nothing? That's what it looks like so far, anyways. I'll bet something new will pop up when we get a proper translation. Until then...

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 05:16 PM
Sad how a game mag reveals more info than the dev itself. The site is slacking off. Someone's gotta tell ST to get off their (Christmas) laurels & get to cracking! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Dec 16, 2005, 05:26 PM
On 2005-12-16 14:04, PhruitBaskit wrote:
So this Friday's update really wsan't that much of an update? Visually there's nothing we haven't seen and information-wise...Nothing? That's what it looks like so far, anyways. I'll bet something new will pop up when we get a proper translation. Until then...

I just looked again and there seems to be some new information about the SEED Vance on the website. We'll have to wait for a translation, but it seems to be some stuff that wasn't revealed in the Famitsu scan.

EspioKaos
Dec 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
On 2005-12-16 14:26, Ryna wrote:
I just looked again and there seems to be some new information about the SEED Vance on the website. We'll have to wait for a translation, but it seems to be some stuff that wasn't revealed in the Famitsu scan.
Sorry for the delay in translation. Just got off work a short while ago. Anyway, it really isn't anything new. This is the text in the area with the SEED Vance.

A strange lifeform from space called "SEED" unexpectedly assaulted the Allied Military Force's most bragged about fleet of space ships during their air show at the 100th anniversary celebration of the Graal System's Alliance Treaty. Just what are these unknown lifeforms that Ethan and everyone is going up against!?

Ryna
Dec 16, 2005, 06:35 PM
On 2005-12-16 15:31, EspioKaos wrote:
A strange lifeform from space called "SEED" unexpectedly assaulted the Allied Military Force's most bragged about fleet of space ships during their air show at the 100th anniversary celebration of the Graal System's Alliance Treaty. Just what are these unknown lifeforms that Ethan and everyone is going up against!?

So much for being excited about new information. That description is fairly close to what is in the story section of the site.

Does it say anything new at all in the Rides section of the site?

Anyways, thanks for the information EspioKaos. You are doing great work!

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:05 AM
Yes, he is. To paraphrase Miki from the original Phantasy Star:

OF COURSE. MOON'S CRY MEMBERS ARE BEST.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No flaming please. It was just a joke. Im just proud of the guys on my team. We have a pretty diverse & intelligent group among us. Espio's got a talent for JP translation & music acquisition. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 17, 2005, 01:59 AM
Is christmas really that big in japan?

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 02:15 AM
On 2005-12-16 15:35, Ryna wrote:
Does it say anything new at all in the Rides section of the site?
Not really. The only actual new info I can find is about the background of the PPT. It seems the PPT is sometimes referred to as the "vector track," which you may know is the system of tunnels used for transportation around a planet and the Colony. (I can't find confirmation of it in the text, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks like Parum is the only planet of the three that has this series of tunnels running around it.) Anyway, the governments of each planet have invested in TTB Corp. to manage and maintain this system of transportation.

Lovejuice
Dec 17, 2005, 06:44 AM
On 2005-12-16 21:05, OdinTyler wrote:
Im just proud of the guys on my team.
Huh? What? I'm confuzzled..

As for the 'Vector Track' thing, I guess that's pretty much explained what the tram-like system seen in a few videos, most notably, the "World Of.." video, at around the 1:40 mark, and makes sense of the station-like place seen to go with it. I guess we can expect some offline FMV cutscene at that point! Looking at the "World Of.." movie, you can even briefly see it 'leave' a city and scoot across the land.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 10:20 AM
Based on Espio's info, I think the PPT are those floating skateboards (reminiscent of Back to the Future II) & what you see Ethan flying around on. As for me being proud of my guys, I paraphrased an old quote from the original PS. You meet this girl named Miki & this is how the conversation goes:

MIKI: HI. I'M MIKI. DO YOU LIKE SEGA GAMES?

(Say YES): OF COURSE. SEGA GAMES ARE BEST.
OR
(Say NO): THEN WHY HAVE YOU PLAYED THE GAME THIS LONG?

Ryna
Dec 17, 2005, 10:28 AM
On 2005-12-17 07:20, OdinTyler wrote:
Based on Espio's info, I think the PPT are those floating skateboards (reminiscent of Back to the Future II) & what you see Ethan flying around on.

In the latest picture, the PPT label is placed beside one of the spaceships. Also, the PPT system has been described as being used for inter-planetary travel. While I'm sure Ethan's board is fairly advanced, I do not think it has those capabilities.

zandra117
Dec 17, 2005, 11:54 AM
The G-flyer suggests to me that it might be used to free fly from the guardians colony on special missions to the satellite belt of Moatoob to fight rogues.

What else would it be used for if you cant use it for interplanetary travel?

Why would you need to fly around the guardians colony if its just a single space station?

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:12 PM
Right, I was thinking of the G-Flyer, not the PPT. The PPT are the interplanetary travel. The G-Flyers are those skateboards. I mixed em up. Gomen nasai! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

zandra117
Dec 17, 2005, 12:15 PM
the G-flyer is the other spaceship, look here
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2371

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:21 PM
OK so is that what Ethan was riding on (since it was in the GC) or was it something else? See, since ST always leaves everything vague, we gotta translate the translations. Grrr...

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 12:37 PM
On 2005-12-17 09:21, OdinTyler wrote:
OK so is that what Ethan was riding on (since it was in the GC) or was it something else? See, since ST always leaves everything vague, we gotta translate the translations. Grrr...
Both the G Flyer and PPT are large aircrafts that can seat multiple people. (The Flyer can seat four to six people at a time. Think of the PPT as a commercial airline. In its picture you can see a row of tiny windows in the front half before the wings, so it can seat quite a few more. Judging by its size, possibly close to 100 people.) So far, Ethan's hoverboard thingy hasn't been shown as an in-game vehicle; I've only seen it used in cutscenes. But, I think it'd be great if you could use it in-game. I can see it now, slashing at enemies with your saber or shooting at them with a gun as you zip past on a little hoverboard. XD

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:44 PM
Well thank you, Im glad someone agrees! See, they gotta mention all the possible vehicles...or is this it? I mean if it is, ok. If not, tell us more, ST. So, 2 different types huh? Then this means the G-Flyer is sort of like an inside airport shuttle. If theres a shuttle just for the GC, then, the GC must be freakin' HUGE! LOL

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-12-17 09:44, OdinTyler wrote:
Well thank you, Im glad someone agrees! See, they gotta mention all the possible vehicles...or is this it? I mean if it is, ok. If not, tell us more, ST. So, 2 different types huh? Then this means the G-Flyer is sort of like an inside airport shuttle. If theres a shuttle just for the GC, then, the GC must be freakin' HUGE! LOL
Oh, I'm sure there's more than this.

One bit of clarification I should make that I forgot to mention before. (Or actually, I just now noticed this when going over an older magazine scan.) The G-Flyer's full name is "Guardians Flyer," so it's basically the official mode of transportation for members of the Guardians. Though primarily used at the Colony, it can also be taken down to the surface of the planets for use there.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 01:03 PM
OMG how big is the GC??? Sheesh. Also, if one can use the Guardians Flyer, then the PPT is for mass trans AND for further distances (the other planets)? Heres to hoping for more info.

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 01:18 PM
On 2005-12-17 10:03, OdinTyler wrote:
OMG how big is the GC??? Sheesh. Also, if one can use the Guardians Flyer, then the PPT is for mass trans AND for further distances (the other planets)? Heres to hoping for more info.
The Colony's pretty large. I don't have a way to accurately scale it to something else, but going by what we've seen of it in screenshots and movies, it, or the main government area, looks to be the size of a large metropolis. But, yeah, you've got it about the G-Flyer and PPT. The G-Flyer is like a flying car for terrestrial use while the PPT is a mass transport used for interplanetary travel.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 01:22 PM
OK & from what you say, you can use the G-Flyer to get around INSIDE the GC? Wont that cause ppl to panic as theyll be walking around inside this...MALL...& suddenly ships start flying by left & right? Maybe it just goes high up so no interference with pedestrians? If so, its gonna be like GTA. I can just see it now! LOL

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 01:35 PM
On 2005-12-17 10:22, OdinTyler wrote:
OK & from what you say, you can use the G-Flyer to get around INSIDE the GC? Wont that cause ppl to panic as theyll be walking around inside this...MALL...& suddenly ships start flying by left & right? Maybe it just goes high up so no interference with pedestrians? If so, its gonna be like GTA. I can just see it now! LOL
XD I'm sure there will be set travel routes in the Colony to avoid mass panic. XD

Oh, and not to make this any more confusing, but I just found another bit of info on the G-Flyer from an older magazine scan. Apparently, it too is capable of space flight, so it can be used to take smaller groups from planet to planet. A more economical solution than using the PPT to take just a few people from one place to another.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 01:47 PM
So then its safe to presume that for say, player groups, we'll use the G-Flyer, but...you know what? Idk man! Which do you use? Which is faster? Which is more economical? Decisions, decisions.