PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe - Symphony Sessions OST

Parn
Dec 16, 2005, 05:13 PM
It releases on February 22nd. Just a heads up to those of you who might be game music nuts like myself.

Courtesy of CD Japan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WWCA-31115). Place your pre-orders!

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 05:15 PM
...or you could get it, put the songs on a site & the rest can listen or download at our leisure? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Dec 16, 2005, 05:26 PM
Or you could pay for the product like an honest consumer. Yeah, I think I like that idea better.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 05:58 PM
OK heres 2 cents for your sarcasm. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I could buy it, I might. Geez, thought it was worth a shot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Parn
Dec 16, 2005, 06:16 PM
If you "could"? Feel free to clarify. I imagine it has something to do with an unwillingness to pay for music, but surprise me here.

Kano-Okami
Dec 16, 2005, 06:29 PM
You know exactly what Odin means. Its usually a hassle and considerably more expensive to import music CD's. And Odin, if I had the music, I'd share it aswell, piracy or not. No need to horde an infinite product, in my eyes.

EspioKaos
Dec 16, 2005, 06:34 PM
Aw, SWEET!! I am so getting this when it's released! Thanks for the heads-up, Parn!

Parn
Dec 16, 2005, 07:07 PM
On 2005-12-16 15:29, Kano-Okami wrote:
You know exactly what Odin means. Its usually a hassle and considerably more expensive to import music CD's.
Actually, I don't. A hassle? It's no more difficult to buy an import music CD at CD Japan than it is to buy one at Amazon. You have to be mentally retarded to find buying an import CD difficult. Considerably more expensive? Last I checked, most CDs in the good ol' USA cost $18-$19, and this import CD costs $21. If you can't afford to spend $3, you've got more important things to worry about than Phantasy Star Universe. Even factoring shipping in, it's not that much more expensive, unless you're filing for Express Mail System delivery, which is the equivalent of paying for overnight shipping stateside.

By all means though, keep the excuses coming. I'm sure with a little bit of tweaking, you could use them to justify stealing the game itself and remain guilt free!

Nisshoku
Dec 16, 2005, 07:18 PM
That's quite ironic, if you ask me. It comes out on my 24th birthday. Too bad I can't import it. :/

Kano-Okami
Dec 16, 2005, 08:05 PM
On 2005-12-16 16:07, Parn wrote:

On 2005-12-16 15:29, Kano-Okami wrote:
You know exactly what Odin means. Its usually a hassle and considerably more expensive to import music CD's.
Actually, I don't. A hassle? It's no more difficult to buy an import music CD at CD Japan than it is to buy one at Amazon. You have to be mentally retarded to find buying an import CD difficult. Considerably more expensive? Last I checked, most CDs in the good ol' USA cost $18-$19, and this import CD costs $21. If you can't afford to spend $3, you've got more important things to worry about than Phantasy Star Universe. Even factoring shipping in, it's not that much more expensive, unless you're filing for Express Mail System delivery, which is the equivalent of paying for overnight shipping stateside.

By all means though, keep the excuses coming. I'm sure with a little bit of tweaking, you could use them to justify stealing the game itself and remain guilt free!

I'm not being belligerent about the situation so I'd appreciate it if you gave me the same respect. Most of the cd's i get are around the 12-15 dollar range, and spending 21 dollars for a music cd doesn't seem like a great deal. It seems you misunderstood my statement about being a hassle, so I'd like to make this statement clear, Ignorance is not Retardation. And while we're talking about stealing games, I believe PSOBB could be considered stolen seeing as there was no purchase of the software, so don't play abritrary games with me, I'm not in the mood.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 16, 2005, 08:20 PM
expensive from international shipping charges + cost on amazon

watashiwa
Dec 16, 2005, 10:11 PM
Seriously, you guys, stop being cheap. $20 for the OST is not expensive at all. Shipping via EMS tacks on about $13, but so what?

In the time between now and when this OST comes out, you should be able to save up $33 easily. That's like what, 5 hours of work at minimum wage McDonald's?

Get with it!

F-o-x
Dec 16, 2005, 10:28 PM
Don't really want to get into this but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I've pirated as much software as the next guy and I'll admit I know my way around a P2P program, but I believe if you truly like the game/music/whatever that you should support the product by purchasing it.

Also PSOBB was given freely by the developers, thats not the same as piracy.

OdinTyler
Dec 16, 2005, 11:22 PM
Since my name was thrown around, I suppose I should reply. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

1. Im not cheap nor unwilling to pay for music. I have a pretty diverse selection of music.
2. I dont always have money to get music: domestic or import. Sometimes you gotta do without in the present to get something bigger in the future. Thats just real life.
3. I have imports most ppl couldnt get their hands on so Im willing to get imports IF its worth it.
4. It makes sense for those that get video game music then make their own mixes & put on sites & such, to share with their friends. Hey, it happens.
5. Heres a key one: Id like to hear at least samples of whats on there before I decide to buy it. Its not like I can go to a store & do that.

Parn
Dec 16, 2005, 11:49 PM
On 2005-12-16 17:05, Kano-Okami wrote:
Most of the cd's i get are around the 12-15 dollar range, and spending 21 dollars for a music cd doesn't seem like a great deal.
"I don't think Phantasy Star Universe is worth $49.99, so I'll just steal it instead!"

It seems you misunderstood my statement about being a hassle, so I'd like to make this statement clear, Ignorance is not Retardation.
Trust me, there's no misunderstanding involved at all. You now claim ignorance, which means you've never made an attempt to purchase an import CD to begin with. This hole of yours seems to be getting deeper!

I believe PSOBB could be considered stolen seeing as there was no purchase of the software
Is this guy for real.

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 12:00 AM
Wow. Um...calm down?

Arent we going against the irony of the music? When one thinks of symphonies & related music, Id think youd be in a calmer state of mind. Such hostility is brewing here. Oh, the irony...

Lovejuice
Dec 17, 2005, 01:13 AM
Awesome. To quote everyone's favourite blonde heiress and frog-looking best friend that's hot. Pre-order get! I'm sure it'll sit all pretty and multi-coloured on my shelf with the rest of the PSO-y soundtracks! I shall be thoroughly dissapointed if the cover is subdued and 'ohsodeep' rather than every PSO OST before it (bar Episode III, I guess). Those cover art designers sure like their rainbow effects! Teehee!

The 'Symphonic Session' thing strikes me as a bit odd, though. Perhaps we'll see some additional arrangement albums released around the same time, or something like that. Oh well, <3 Masamichi Amano and Episode III style music, which, was also freakin' awesome, and deserves your cash! Just like, skip the takeaway Pizza a couple of times and you can engorge yourself on pretty tuneage instead! It's grease-free, and good for you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-12-16 22:15 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
Idk what more than half of that meant but...whatever works for ya! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2005, 12:47 PM
On 2005-12-16 22:13, Lovejuice wrote:
The 'Symphonic Session' thing strikes me as a bit odd, though. Perhaps we'll see some additional arrangement albums released around the same time, or something like that.
I was thinking the same thing, actually. Going by what SonicTeam had said about the size and grandeur of PSU's soundtrack, I was thinking that the OST would be at least two discs. This page, however, says it's only a single disc. That got me to thinking that this "Symphony Sessions" could be a collection of songs re-arranged from their in-game versions specifically for play by a full symphony. If that's so, then we'll be treated to a full OST somewhere down the line. Either way, however, I'm very happy to see a soundtrack release coming up so soon.

Kurosawa
Dec 17, 2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be placing my order soon.

Kano-Okami
Dec 18, 2005, 12:38 PM
Parn,
I don't know what you have against me but please keep it out of the threads and pm me.. and don't put words in my mouth.
I plan on buying PSU, but as for the music, I'm not even sure I'll like the music. Thats why I'm not so Gung-ho about the situation. If I like the music, I'll get it, if I don't I won't, but whatever method I choose to obtain it is really none of your concern.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 01:06 PM
That being said, I think I hear the faint sound of a door closing on this topic soon...

Parn
Dec 18, 2005, 01:47 PM
On 2005-12-18 09:38, Kano-Okami wrote:
please keep it out of the threads and pm me.
I like how this suggestion of yours conveniently doesn't apply to yourself! Your manner certainly is consistent, I'll say that much. As an example, your telling me how your obtaining the music is none of my concern isn't too unlike my discussion with OdinTyler being none of your concern, yet you felt the need to butt in anyways.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue encouraging people to buy the soundtrack instead of downloading it for free. My apologies in advance if this continues to inconvenience you.

VioletSkye
Dec 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
Someone needs to tell the person/s running the site that it's spelled Sy"m"phony not Sy"n"phony and last I checked "Univers" should have an "e" at the end http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Seriously though, that's cool that you gave everyone a heads up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif This shouldn't be turned into a war for or against piracy as each person will do whatever they do regardless of what is posted here. I'm sure the music files will be readily available for download soon after (or possibly before) its release (as is everything) but I'm sure there are plenty of members who would like to have a "legit" copy and now they have at least one source to get that from http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Dec 18, 2005, 02:32 PM
You're correct on people doing things regardless of what they say here, but there's a reason why I didn't bug F-o-x at all, despite him mentioning his use of P2P programs. He knows what he does is questionable, but he didn't throw out ridiculous excuses to try to justify the actions.

It's when people try to justify what they're doing with stupid excuses or when they have the audacity to get annoyed when someone suggests that they pay for a product that sets me off. I've downloaded the occasional song myself out of curiousity much like anyone else here, but you will never hear me making excuses. Excuses and laziness tend to go hand-in-hand.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 07:05 PM
You know, Parn, since youre so quick to drop names, we can always drop your name, Parn. In your picking apart people's words, did you stop to read everything they were saying? At least trying to get the meaning? No one has said here that they intend to or will do anything illegal. Already, youre jumping the gun. In addition, reasons, not excuses, may have been mentioned here. You view it as an excuse because thats your opinion, based on your life & the views contained therein.
Without getting too personal here, not everyone is in the same monetary state as others & to judge just about everyone here based on simple remarks made is hardly the right thing to do. You dont want to be cracked on here anymore than I do, so theres no reason for anyone to keep it consistently going. That
being said, if anyone does have songs up to listen to, Ill listen. If not, no biggie. I wont have a heart attack if I cant listen to em. As for am I willing to spend my own cash? I buy my own games, I pay for my own online access, & I pay (wisely) for more than 1 month at a time. I dont have a problem dipping into my own pocket. I invest my money so I make sure my money is invested properly.

Parn
Dec 18, 2005, 07:33 PM
Oh, I read what everyone said. Kano said right out that he'd distribute the music if he had it. That sounds like illegal activity to me. You asked me to upload the soundtrack so everyone could download it at their leisure. Sounds pretty illegal to me!

No reasons have been given, just excuses. And I really doubt anyone here can give a valid excuse for downloading a brand new soundtrack off the internet. If you have money problems, then you DO WITHOUT. Just like I can't afford an HDTV, and as much as I'd like one, I simply DO WITHOUT.

Ryna
Dec 18, 2005, 08:41 PM
This thread has deviated enough from the original topic to warrant a lock. If you want to continue your anti-piracy/piracy conversation, please start a new thread in Rants or use Private Messages.