PDA

View Full Version : If you could forge a wep-what would it be?!!

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 04:49 PM
i would make a wep called the Angel's Blade and it would be forged with...

- tj sword
-dancing hitogama
-talis
-and the properties of ice and light

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 05:01 PM
I dunno I might like to make a saber/handgun dual weild combo.

The handgun would be some futuristic variation of a Desert Eagle (That still fired lead).

For the saber-type weapon maybe I'll have a katana reminiscent of the Orioagito of PSO.

Yeah Katana+DE= badass.

Eclypse
Dec 18, 2005, 05:05 PM
What is it about people and the J-Sword? That weapon was pure ass, but it seemed to be the most hacked/duped item you could find.

I would love to be able to make a set of blades called "Tears Of Shiva" that would be formed from:

-Frozen Shooter
-S. Red's Blade
-Photon Sphere/Crystal

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 05:08 PM
yea ely that would be badass

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 05:23 PM
I didn't like SJS's very much either. The fact that I didn't have much chance of ever getting a legit one kinda turned me off from the weap. That and the fact that everyone had a duped or hacked one...

Know what would be awesome? A rifle that fired like a mechgun. You know... it could fire a burst of three bullets for every "hit" of the combo. It would have higher accuracy than a regular mechgun and be just as powerful. Only equipable by Casts.

It'd be forged from:
Regular rifle grinded to its maximum level
Item called "Soul of a Spartan" that would drop off of some mechanical enemy.

Yeah okay... its a Battle Rifle so sue me. I think it'd be cool in PSU though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-18 14:26 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Dec 18, 2005, 05:31 PM
Well if I could forge one totally new weapon in PSU from weapons that I had in PSO I would make a pair of shotguns that you could dual wield. One in each hand http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They'd be made out of;
-a regular Shot (for the 'spread' firing pattern)
-Yasminkov 7000V (for the rifle firng speed)
-Yasminkov 2000H (for the nic compact pistol size)
-Yasminkov 9000M (so there ends up being two of 'em)
And I would call them...Something...I don't know, but it'd be something. So basically I would make a pair of dual wieldable shotguns that fired at a nice rifle-like pace and

On 2005-12-18 14:01, F-o-x wrote:
That still fired lead.
Of course that's why I used Yasminkovs. For those good ol' lead projectiles and that wicked sound http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Probably not that creative, but that's what I would want...Shotguns that can be fired with one hand. That dual wielding is going to be a lot of fun. Makes me wonder if they'll actually have dual wieldable shotguns in PSU...

KhaosKidd
Dec 18, 2005, 05:35 PM
F_O_X thats what u tryin' 2 b a cast

i plan on being a Newman Hunter.

Dre_o
Dec 18, 2005, 06:40 PM
My forged weapon? Teal Double Saber, Energy blast special. I only hope forging weapons with your PM will be choosable, not feed them, then get a random weapon.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
Saber +90

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 06:47 PM
Nah I'm going to be a Human hunter pretty much. I was just thinking a rifle that powerful should be limited to the gun-specific race.

Phruit, those sound kinda cool. I just wanna see (even if its a rare thats in its own weapon class) a "real" shotgun. Maybe I've been playing too much Halo, but seeing an enemy fly back five feet due to a shotgun blast in PSU would just plain rock. The rate of fire on something like that would have to be pretty bad to balance out its power though. Also I think having to reload lead-based weapons in this game would be cool too. The weapons wouldn't even have to have real "ammo", I just wanna see a reload animation...

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 06:49 PM
Guys, forget about dropping names of rares. Lets just presume for a second that theyre not in the game. For all we know, we may be customizing our weps throughout. So before this gets any crazier, what types of weps would you customize? As for me, I intend to make at least one of everything. Knowing how I am, I wont stop til Ive tried every possibility. Ultimately, each char Id use would have individual weps to go with THAT char & their style.

Rion772
Dec 18, 2005, 08:01 PM
I would take a katana that was the size of Albel's katana from Star Ocean and make it all black with a special attribute that would cause immense pain. After the blade cut you a minute after the wound would start stinging and feel kind of like getting shocked in 1 spot forever so even if you survived the cut the after affect would be enbarable to the point of suicide but the blade doesn't affect the user, this would be because the wielder of the blade would have to bind their own soul to it.

OdinTyler
Dec 18, 2005, 08:05 PM
OK so either a fire lightning or megid element is what youre suggesting? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Remember, its gotta work for whats gonna be in PSU. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-o-x
Dec 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
"Bind your own sould to it" eh? That sounds interesting... Picture a custom weapon that could only be equipped by the person that had created it. Maybe we could do something like this with our S-Ranks (If there will even be an equivelent for S-Ranks in PSU).

DeathMachine
Dec 18, 2005, 09:08 PM
Twin double sabers, or a set of twin swords (ie G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS) that can simultaniously(?) freeze/paralyze. I loved setting ice traps and G-Assassining monsters in PSO. They would never get away. They couldn't break free unless they were deparalyzed or if the ice wore off.

Also, more scythe weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DeathMachine on 2005-12-18 18:09 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 01:21 AM
Well, I think for the weps we'd make (armor too if possible), the creators should be able to name their creations. If say it had just one thing added to it, like Ice element on a saber, you could just have it called an Ice Saber. But, if you threw something else & created a combo, it would have a different name added, be it generated (as per the combo) or named by the person who forged it. Being able to name your items would be pretty cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That or at least it would have an ID number imprinted on the item so youd know who you got it from (each person would have an ID number, obviously).

_Tek_
Dec 19, 2005, 01:57 AM
dual handguns.

too bad they wont have that, probably just dual mechs.

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 02:01 AM
On 2005-12-18 22:57, _Tek_ wrote:
dual handguns.

You never know, nothing is finalized yet, just speculation and heresay.

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 02:07 AM
I might even like to see a weapon with the power of the LAVIS CANNON, but in sword form.

tank1
Dec 19, 2005, 06:46 AM
A Snow Queen that fires like the MaGun from FF:U now that would Roxorz!!!

Espilonarge
Dec 19, 2005, 08:13 AM
A frying pan just so I can smack around some morons. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 09:30 AM
Well, I can PM you a list of morons & you can start there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As for guns, I havent seen any mechguns, but, theyll probably exist as solo weps & then you can just equip two. Thats the fun thing about the new equip system: you can use ANYTHING you want. If its small enough for 1h use, you can use 2 of em. I cant wait for the opportunity to find (& create) all these weps Im reading up on.

KhaosKidd
Dec 19, 2005, 10:25 AM
Hopefully we wont hav 2 saber/gun or techwep/gun combinations bcuz i plan on being a newman hunter and i want a saber/techwep combination so i can use more techs.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 12:24 PM
Well, thats the great thing about PSU. Youre not limited by race or class anymore in that you can equip what you want to who you want. What we know of casting & weps is that you prepare spells to certain force type weps: wand or staff, for example. Its not known if Newmans can cast without the need for such a held. Also, youre free to use whatever setup works for you. I believe you get at least 6 possible combos on your weapon list that youre free to customize as you like.

KhaosKidd
Dec 19, 2005, 12:33 PM
WOW i didnt kno that thx a lot you sure do kno a lot about this game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-im definitly contacting u first after my friend of course http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KhaosKidd on 2005-12-19 09:34 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 12:52 PM
Well PSU is my crack & I need regular fixes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dre_o
Dec 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
On 2005-12-19 09:33, KhaosKidd wrote:
WOW i didnt kno that thx a lot you sure do kno a lot about this game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif You didn't read the side bar on the main page, did you? Odin isn't overly smart. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That stuff can simply be seen by clicking on the links on the left side under Phantasy Star Universe!

But still, it will be great.

Luce
Dec 19, 2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, lets see here the "Lionheart"? and its special ability could be a shot or mad combo

or just the plain Revolver gunblade, i chose Lionheart cos it has the futuristic photon blade look

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luce on 2005-12-19 11:38 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 03:55 PM
1. Khaos, pay no attention to Dre. He has a Megid ball with his name on it headed his way.

2. So happens that this site & the PSU site arent my only forms of research so Im quite learned on the subject of PSU.

3. Dre, see 1.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 04:52 PM
I find it completely stupid to dual wield a pistol and a sword. It makes more sense to dual wield pistols, but having melee and ranged weapons complelely defeats the purpose.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 06:18 PM
If you saw some of the enemies coming at you, trust me, youd want both. Take it from someone with first hand experience. LOL

Niki
Dec 19, 2005, 06:22 PM
It would be sick to have something like Talim's bladed tonfa, or a similar weapon that's relatively weak but hits quickly and whose movement is off-balance or difficult to anticipate. Not that the AIs will be smart enough that you could feint them anyway...although that would be nice.

PhruitBaskit
Dec 19, 2005, 06:52 PM
On 2005-12-18 22:57, _Tek_ wrote:
dual handguns.

Where the hell did ya see that you won't be able to dual wield handguns!?! I know nothing of that (Not that that means much LOL) Seriously, I didn't see anything about no dual wielding handguns. Help me out here http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Although I think I do remember something from an article in some German gaming mag...

EDIT: H

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-12-19 15:54 ]</font>

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 09:43 PM
On 2005-12-19 15:18, OdinTyler wrote:
If you saw some of the enemies coming at you, trust me, youd want both. Take it from someone with first hand experience. LOL

Well I think everyone that has played PSO has first hand experience in that, but I still think it's completely stupid because it completely defeats the purpose of being melee or ranged.

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 09:45 PM
On 2005-12-19 15:52, PhruitBaskit wrote:

Where the hell did ya see that you won't be able to dual wield handguns!?! I know nothing of that (Not that that means much LOL) Seriously, I didn't see anything about no dual wielding handguns. Help me out here http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Although I think I do remember something from an article in some German gaming mag...

So far they only know what people have speculated and what some have claimed to have gotten from devs(Questionable) or articles etc etc. I personally would just wait until more concrete information is available about it.

DeathMachine
Dec 19, 2005, 09:50 PM
Not really. As a HUcast, I always shot at Merlans as they approached, then switched to a Hunter weapon as they got really close. It weakened them so they could be easily defeated close up. It's an exellent idea, actually.

Eclypse
Dec 19, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-12-19 18:50, DeathMachine wrote:
Not really. As a HUcast, I always shot at Merlans as they approached, then switched to a Hunter weapon as they got really close. It weakened them so they could be easily defeated close up. It's an exellent idea, actually.

Right you swtich weapons, so you are pretty much agreeing with me. It's one thing to unload on an enemy using the same weapon versus using half your power with one weapon and then the other half only when it's in range, no thats stupid and a bad idea.

Shooting at a Merlan as it's coming is different than using 1 hand at 50% until it gets into melee so you can use the other 50%. You would be better off juse dual wielding pistols then quick changing to melee like you currently do on PSO.

Niki
Dec 19, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-12-19 18:50, DeathMachine wrote:

This is common sense, really. Or perhaps not so common.

Niki
Dec 19, 2005, 10:06 PM
On 2005-12-19 18:56, Eclypse wrote:

Right you swtich weapons, so you are pretty much agreeing with me. It's one thing to unload on an enemy using the same weapon versus using half your power with one weapon and then the other half only when it's in range, no thats stupid and a bad idea.

Shooting at a Merlan as it's coming is different than using 1 hand at 50% until it gets into melee so you can use the other 50%. You would be better off juse dual wielding pistols then quick changing to melee like you currently do on PSO.

Well, i know very little about the interface on PSU, but you were stuck with just one wep on PSO, and in both scenarios you described, the number of weapons is the same: one saber, one handgun.

One thing to note is that, while i'm not sure how weapons are swapped, i believe in PSU we will have the ability to strafe, and that could make wielding dual weps, especially firearms, much more effective.

Has strafing been confirmed?

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 10:11 PM
Yes, you can definitely strafe. Depending on if youre used to doing it or not will determine how good you are at it. Its definitely in there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I love it, personally. This also helps with targeting a char. Its been compared to Zelda: Windwaker. If youve played that, you understand the targeting abilities there (its a good thing btw).

Niki
Dec 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
That's pretty sweet. Thanks ST.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 10:22 PM
Me, I gotta work on my strafing. I dont play FPS games as much as I used to so when I played it was a lil tricky for me. When I got it to work, it was pretty cool. The AI in the game is pretty smart at times. Theyll find ways to chase you down if you let em. Also, this isnt the 1 or 2 Boomas at a time. Expect a good mob of monsters coming at you at once. Kinda cool since you dont have to tackle em alone...except for stupid Hyuga. His ass is on his own. He freaking dies too much! LMAO

Dre_o
Dec 19, 2005, 10:32 PM
Odin I was wondering, Can you strafe with melee weapons? Cause I played Iron Pheonix and circling my enemies before kicking their ass felt awsome. (What was even better was when your opponent agreed to make it a blocking and attacking battle, meaning no running away, just kicking the ass of anyone who got in the way. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Niki
Dec 19, 2005, 10:38 PM
On 2005-12-19 19:22, OdinTyler wrote:
...Expect a good mob of monsters coming at you at once. Kinda cool since you dont have to tackle em alone...except for stupid Hyuga. His ass is on his own. He freaking dies too much! LMAO

Sounds like PSU already has a replacement for Mome.

OdinTyler
Dec 19, 2005, 11:00 PM
Well, with Mome he was tricky to keep alive. However, the real prob was with De Rol Le. Hyuga is so damn foolhardy, he rushes in & gets beat up alot. By the time I got up to the Dragon, he got his ass handed to him first (& EVERY time). He MORE than replaces Mome. He redefines Mome-osity.

Eclypse
Dec 20, 2005, 12:20 AM
Well I guess I'm different because I see no need to strafe anything I can just bumrush and drop with out much problem.

The switching interface on PSO was simple if you wanted to from ranged to melee, but since I would do mech at melee or ranged it didn't really matter to me.

Dre_o
Dec 20, 2005, 12:39 AM
On 2005-12-19 21:20, Eclypse wrote:
Well I guess I'm different because I see no need to strafe anything I can just bumrush and drop with out much problem.

Whoo boy! You are trusting in your power WAY too much. I won't bother telling you what will happen if you over estimation goes too far. What happens if your weapon's power runs out just as you hit the first enemy? You're screwed, that's what.

And the interface between combat and customization is going to be different in PSU, PSU will still have a sub menu to switch between weapons with, but in combat, it will not be enough. That is why you can wield a saber/dagger and a pistol.

Bladehunter
Dec 20, 2005, 08:11 AM
Definately dual swords. And I aint talking Katanas, it's gonna be one heaver slicing sword and a stabbily sword.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 09:34 AM
On 2005-12-19 21:39, Dre_o wrote:
Whoo boy! You are trusting in your power WAY too much. I won't bother telling you what will happen if you over estimation goes too far. What happens if your weapon's power runs out just as you hit the first enemy? You're screwed, that's what.

Hmmm, where have I heard such confidence before? Perhaps someone too trusting in his 'god-like' sniping ability? LMAO

Seriously tho, hes right. Be confident in your abilities, but, not overconfident. Thats the quickest way to die. I didnt run out of PP on my gun, but, it CAN happen. Same goes for charges on your staff (for example) when casting. You have yourself & your teammates. Help each other out & youll go further. One of the key essences in RPGing is teamwork. Remember that & youll go far. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Espilonarge
Dec 20, 2005, 09:41 AM
Strafing!? WOOWHOO!!! n.n

I guess that sets my standards up further then that of PSO since you had no strafing ability. Hopefully the other feature (1st Person Shotting/Aiming) will allow walking and strafing at the same time, would make things hell of allot easier for gunners since it wouldn't be smart for Sonic Team to only program a "aim" feature without being able to move (and leaving yourself there like a sitting duck ready to be knock down flat.)

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately, you cant strafe & go into FPS mode. Thats the point of teamwork. If you play as a 'ranger', backup & go into FPS. Your teammates cover you so you get your clear shot without interruption.

Espilonarge
Dec 20, 2005, 10:10 AM
On 2005-12-20 06:43, OdinTyler wrote:
Unfortunately, you cant strafe & go into FPS mode. Thats the point of teamwork. If you play as a 'ranger', backup & go into FPS. Your teammates cover you so you get your clear shot without interruption.
DO'H! Theres goes my DooM/Metroid idea. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Speaking of the FPS mode, does it allow for puzzles that require you to aim and shot at things? I would expect the FPS mode to also help locate other areas that can't be viewed just by the 3rd person view aswell such as cliffs with possible switches and such.

Hmm, I wonder if you can carry a Handgun and a Mechgun at the same time. Seems like an odd mix but would be intresting.

Kano-Okami
Dec 20, 2005, 10:26 AM
I wonder if the fps mode increases accuracy while your in it. It kind of be a waste if you have a target dead in sight, and when you pull the trigger and all it says is miss.

Kano-Okami
Dec 20, 2005, 10:29 AM
On 2005-12-20 07:10, Espilonarge wrote:

DO'H! Theres goes my DooM/Metroid idea. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Speaking of the FPS mode, does it allow for puzzles that require you to aim and shot at things? I would expect the FPS mode to also help locate other areas that can't be viewed just by the 3rd person view aswell such as cliffs with possible switches and such.

Hmm, I wonder if you can carry a Handgun and a Mechgun at the same time. Seems like an odd mix but would be intresting.

With the new fps, I think new gun puzzles are almost a given. I remember a few quest on pso had gun triggered puzzles, which was cool but kind of akward to get in the right range for you to lock on.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 11:08 AM
1. Yes, Im sure puzzles will revolve around FPS mode. Like I said, just think of Zelda: Windwaker. For now, its just speculation.

2. Yes, FPS gives you higher accuracy in that youre focused squarely on the monster. It also will help for flying monsters. You take em out while your comrades are busy elsewhere.

3. No, sorry, no strafing while FPS mode. I know, but, this is an RPG that happens to have an FPS mode, not an FPS game. Teamwork is critical here.

4. Im sure there are various handgun types including mechguns. They may come out with diverse looks. If not, its not so bad. Just feel to be creative with what you equip in your right & left hands, respectively. Left being the offhand wep.

DeathMachine
Dec 20, 2005, 02:03 PM
Who said that the attack power was split 50/50 when dual wielding? You focus your power on one thing and then the other. That only makes sense.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 02:08 PM
Weapons will vary in attack strength and ability. Lets compare dual wielding 2 sabers & using 1 claymore type.

You could have 2 decent sabers. Youll pull off more hits in a short time & add the cumulative dmg together. You may do more dmg overtime but the dmg per hit will be small.

As for a claymore, you can do a power swing & do more dmg in 1 shot. However, its slower & you leave yourself more open to atk. Moving slow puts you at a disadvantage so youll need to figure you need a better defense to compensate.

These are among many points you can consider. What is better than another style? The truth is, you gotta figure what style works for you. Also understand that each will have positives & negatives, advantages & disadvantages. Find what works for you & stick with that, but, still be open to other possibilities. Better quality weapons will help with dmg, however only with practicing one's skills will you really excel at giving such dmg.

Korashimo
Dec 20, 2005, 02:42 PM
Odin ur starting to talk like one of those old wise men http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif but ya wut u say makes sense and as for me i like weaker but faster attacks thats always been my style

Eclypse
Dec 20, 2005, 03:15 PM
On 2005-12-19 21:39, Dre_o wrote:

On 2005-12-19 21:20, Eclypse wrote:

And the interface between combat and customization is going to be different in PSU, PSU will still have a sub menu to switch between weapons with, but in combat, it will not be enough. That is why you can wield a saber/dagger and a pistol.

It's not overconfidence, it's Phantasy Star, a game that is historically easy to play once you get the hang of it. I expect PSU to be different, but no to the point where I will be worried about strafing an enemy or not.

DeathMachine
Dec 20, 2005, 03:34 PM
For some enemies, it may be a mandatory, or much needed, factor in bringing them down.

Eclypse
Dec 20, 2005, 04:37 PM
Maybe but then again this is Phantasy Star and even the hardest non-boss characters on PSO could be taken out rather easily. The only enemies that would ever give me issues were the Ultimate Del Biter and the guys in the East and West Tower with the Scythes.

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 04:42 PM
Like I said, Kora, feel free to experiment with styles. I sure will. When I played, I tried just about everything. I liked the saber/gun combo (but it takes getting used to), the dagger moves so quick & it was sweet to watch. The staff I feel ppl will underrate, but, its pretty awesome. You can atk with it then cast spells as well. Helpful in a boss fight. Then, theres a claymore. You can use it to take out a small horde at once. Sure, youll take more than a few hits to bring em down. However, youll hit them all at once, so that really helps.
As for thinking anything in PS is easy, unless youre significantly high in lvl & doing an easy difficulty lvl, the game is NEVER easy. Take it for granted & the easiest monster may hand you your ass, Eclypse. I can understand in wanting to believe in your abilities. Just dont think youre gonna be able to do it all yourself. Youll learn that quick in offline mode. You need your companions as much as they need you (especially Hyuga...freakin wimp).

PhruitBaskit
Dec 20, 2005, 04:42 PM
Well, about strafing. I think that it will be agreat addition to PSU. I'll just be glad to not have to come to a complete stop to attack http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I don't really care that you can't move in FPS mode, though. I mean, snipers don't move LOL Strafing=Good

OdinTyler
Dec 20, 2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, in PSU's case, strafing is mostly for meleeing. That & for anyone to avoid a hit. If snipers are protected by the group, they wont have to fear to be hit while in FPS mode. Phruit, Ill be counting on you for some quick shots. Ill guard you while you do. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zarcon
Dec 20, 2005, 11:42 PM
If I could forge anything I wanted I'd forge a Variable Blade.
Think of Cloud's sword in Advent Children.
You could split it into 2 and use it as a single target weapon that does several weaker hits or combine it into a claymore type weapon that works like any other claymore.

Sure you could just swap weapon configurations mid battle but I think this would be just plain neat. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarcon on 2005-12-20 20:43 ]</font>

Eclypse
Dec 21, 2005, 03:18 AM
On 2005-12-20 13:42, OdinTyler wrote:
As for thinking anything in PS is easy, unless youre significantly high in lvl & doing an easy difficulty lvl, the game is NEVER easy. Take it for granted & the easiest monster may hand you your ass, Eclypse. I can understand in wanting to believe in your abilities. Just dont think youre gonna be able to do it all yourself. Youll learn that quick in offline mode. You need your companions as much as they need you (especially Hyuga...freakin wimp).

Well everyone is entitled to there opinions, and my opinion stands, Phantasy Star Online was way to easy. I think about 10-12 people I know personally all quit around the same time as me because of the same reasoning......the game is just too simple after you get in a rhytm. Sure when you first start it's not easy, but once you get the right combination of items, armor, etc it's pretty much pattycake.

No offense meant, but I know you are going to respond with another sermon or insight, but it's really not required that you preach to me about PSO because I've been playing since day one of DC so I know how the game functions. Teammates are great and I always have them, but as my teammates will admit also, there isn't a non-boss character on the PSO series that can't be dropped without much hassle.

Oh and I will never play the offline mode because I'm not really that interested in it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2005-12-21 00:25 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Dec 21, 2005, 04:48 PM
All right, I'll try my best. I'm usually pretty good at FPS games, and considering that it's PS, I'm sure I won't disappoint http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I can't promise anything 'til it comes out, but I'll try my hardest to pull off some ass kicking shots ::winks back:: And I'm sure I'll be thanking ya for the guarding http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 04:51 PM
So I take it you plan on forging mostly rifles & shotgun types? You should check out those new lasers. They look pretty cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Dec 21, 2005, 05:08 PM
Oh I've seen the new lasers, if that's what they are http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And I have to agree...They do look pretty cool! And no, I don't exactly plan on forging mostly rifles and shotguns. I want to forge everything and give my creations to friends online. That is if they don't totally suck http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But I do plan on USING mostly the gun weapons. But there's no way in hell that I'm leaving out the melee! That's just as fun...

Rion772
Dec 21, 2005, 05:23 PM
I would like to also forge weapons under the "Mech-gun" class. I want a gun kind of like an M63A, it's a fully-automatic assault rifle, hopefully we can have a special weapon type like a "chain gun" or something.

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
Yes, like how RE4 has the 'Chicago Typewriter', a very special gun (havent seen it but its supposed to be great). Maybe PSU will have a futuristic version of such a gun.

Rion772
Dec 21, 2005, 05:30 PM
On 2005-12-21 14:26, OdinTyler wrote:
Yes, like how RE4 has the 'Chicago Typewriter', a very special gun (havent seen it but its supposed to be great). Maybe PSU will have a futuristic version of such a gun.

Ah the CT, I've had that for a LONG time, it's nice to own enemies and not have to try hard to conserve ammo. I would also like a high powered shotgun, kind of like a TA 12 gauge but fully-auto instead of semi-auto.

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 05:41 PM
I think there was a shotgun in PSO right? One of the Yaz weps? Id love that but with the look of a shotty from RE. My fave wep in RE & Id love it on a ranger. One can only hope...

Rion772
Dec 21, 2005, 05:56 PM
On 2005-12-21 14:41, OdinTyler wrote:
I think there was a shotgun in PSO right? One of the Yaz weps? Id love that but with the look of a shotty from RE. My fave wep in RE & Id love it on a ranger. One can only hope...

Since we're on the topic of shotguns...

I would like to forge a... Combination AK-47-uzi-radar-laser-triple barrel-double scoped-heat seeking-shotgun...

Or an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon...(?)

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 05:58 PM
So Im thinking you kinda like guns, huh Rion?

ZulfiqarTheIV
Dec 21, 2005, 06:03 PM
I want a banana cannon. I'd launch them all at that one dude..uh what's his name Onin?Ojin?Ohhh Odin that's it. I'd shoot bananas all over him and make him go cry on his pillow. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 06:06 PM
You are NOT bringing up the Banana Cannon idea again. Stop causing problems here, ya monkey! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thaw
Dec 21, 2005, 06:15 PM
Spells and weapons! I think in PSU you will be able to charge your weapon so for instance throw fire out of a saber or a electricy charged spear. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 06:27 PM
Well, its been said that elements can be put into weapons that we the players customize. Its very much possible youll be able to do such attacks.

Thaw
Dec 21, 2005, 06:32 PM
Yeh thats what I meant lol, thanks for clearing it up for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I cant wait personally, my 2nd character is most definately going to be a warrior, I've seen a screenshot of fire coming out of a sword, jaw hit the floor lol.

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 06:34 PM
Kinda like when I saw a beast (Leo) doing a punch (in Nanoblast form) & tornadoes came out. Freakin awesome! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Dec 21, 2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, those tornadoes were god damn awesome! It's the nanotrance Kansas attack! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Run Dorothy, run! LOL

OdinTyler
Dec 21, 2005, 09:12 PM
Im betting that was a photon art. That or maybe a wind element in a knuckle that Leo is wearing, producing the tornadoes? Just a thought.

KhaosKidd
Dec 23, 2005, 04:59 PM
i hav not a clue http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif bout that

DamonKatu
Dec 24, 2005, 11:44 AM
Me? I would fuse a light element and a dark element to make a strong weapon. but the sides dont go along with each other without something to even the elements so they wont explode on me. Happened on me when I tried to make the ying-Yang saber.

KhaosKidd
Dec 24, 2005, 11:57 AM
or u could hav a double cannon with 1 side light and the other side dark-that would B cool http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

OdinTyler
Dec 24, 2005, 03:06 PM
I heard about a double saber in Knights of the Old Republic that was like that. Idk if its true, but, it would look cool. It would probably have a grey twirl (black & white mixed together), however it wouldnt be practical. Odds are you wont be fighting enemies with dark & light traits in the same place. It would be for looks more than anything.

DeathMachine
Dec 24, 2005, 05:36 PM
Or twin swords. One light, one dark. The description could mention how they are two powerful swords, but if they touch, they would destroy one another (although they never would).

PhruitBaskit
Dec 24, 2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, a light-powered sword and a dark-powered sword at the same time. That would be really cool. Especially if they were a couple of hella strong super rare swords. It would look awesome and give your char a bad ass look, but like Odin said, it'd be a little impractical.

_Tek_
Dec 26, 2005, 03:18 AM
On 2005-12-19 15:52, PhruitBaskit wrote:

EDIT: H

I just assume, since every image I've seen where the handgun was used, it was used with a saber or dagger, etc. Looks like they didn't want to implement having 2 at the same time. But we've seen dual daggers, and sabers.

OdinTyler
Dec 26, 2005, 11:29 AM
If you can hold a weapon in one hand, you can dual wield 2 of them. Guys, this is a non-issue. Relax. Youre gonna get freedom to equip pretty much whatever you want. Thats the fun of NO class restriction. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DamonKatu
Dec 26, 2005, 04:31 PM
On 2005-12-24 08:57, KhaosKidd wrote:
or u could hav a double cannon with 1 side light and the other side dark-that would B cool http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

Yea that would be good.

:P
*wacks tounge with a hammer* hehehe

Sinue_v2
Dec 26, 2005, 04:53 PM
All I want are claws which aren't insanely and stupidly big like they had for PSO, and what they've been showing for PSU so far. Make them retractable too, kinda like how they were for Nei and Rika in-game. The ability to dual weild them is a great plus at least.

Aside from that... I want a useful Slicer/Boomerang, and perhaps a decent Katana/Wazikashi combo.

KhaosKidd
Dec 26, 2005, 05:26 PM
Aside from that... I want a useful Slicer/Boomerang, and perhaps a decent Katana/Wazikashi combo.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif yea those would B sum cool combinations Sinue http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .