PDA

View Full Version : Nanotrancing: A theory

OdinTyler
Dec 25, 2005, 02:49 AM
Based on alot of discussion concerning beasts, casts, & the little we know of the Graal religion, I have a theory. Its been said various photons are not only revered, but, grant various powers. The term nanotrance has also been used. Heres my theory:

Nanotrancing: a race tapping into latent or potential abilities & bringing them forth.

For example, a beast taps into hidden strength (fortified by the photons around him/her). Through the channeling of this force (you can call it The Force if you want), a beast can thereby transform. Something similar with casts. A cast can use the newly gained MST to use photons around them to summon greater machinery to aid them. I think there must be some telekenetic connection between a cast & its SUV weaponry.
Given that this is true, newmans may be in greater touch with magical abilities in that either regenerative powers are higher or they may have access to special abilities (even Photon Arts) that no other race has access to. If this is ALSO true, then, humans would derive something from these photons too. Since the Graal religion is primarly Newman, their connection is not only the strongest, but, possibly the most powerful.
Again, this is a theory. However, given all the info we've discussed, its not entirely impossible. Let me know what you guys think. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kupi
Dec 25, 2005, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole "nanotrance" thing was in regards to item storage. That's the only context I remember it being used in, at least. I also recall the term "nanotrace" being used instead of "nanotrance", which would make sense in a convoluted, "trace the properties of an object and reconstruct it elsewhere" sort of way. Nanotracing was the way you got your items from your room to the field quickly and easily-- in short, how your Item Pack works this time around.

OdinTyler
Dec 25, 2005, 09:07 PM
OK but I hope I did bring up an idea that does somehow function in the story. I didnt wanna have to have written all that for nothing. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KhaosKidd
Dec 26, 2005, 05:37 PM
Kupi Posted: 2005-12-25 18:05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm pretty sure the whole "nanotrance" thing was in regards to item storage. That's the only context I remember it being used in, at least. I also recall the term "nanotrace" being used instead of "nanotrance", which would make sense in a convoluted, "trace the properties of an object and reconstruct it elsewhere" sort of way. Nanotracing was the way you got your items from your room to the field quickly and easily-- in short, how your Item Pack works this time around.

yea that is true Odin http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Dec 26, 2005, 07:43 PM
I sense an echo in here. Anyway, its still possible I might be right (at least the idea of races tapping into photon energy to empower their abilities). Im sure it will come up at some point. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeathMachine
Dec 31, 2005, 01:48 PM
The beast and newman part is probably correct. But the casts could just use an internal radio to contact the satalite.

OdinTyler
Dec 31, 2005, 01:53 PM
Nah, I think its too coincidental that in the same game that casts gain MST they gain this excellent ability. Theres gotta be more to the SUV than just radio communication.

Zindura
Jan 1, 2006, 03:13 PM
It'd be better if "trancing" was the act of harnessing the power of photons to do special stuff, and they made a new word for item storage, like "nanotracing" or something. The way item storage works looks akin to the power of the Germ in PSO3: to compress matter to a ridiculously low area.

I agree with Odin's theory, though. With the apparent loss of the "Photon Blast" ability, PSU has other abilities to accomodate. It'd be unfair to offer access to abilities to a few races and not another.

OdinTyler
Jan 1, 2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks Zin. However, Ive already commented (& I know ppl are sick of hearing it LOL) about not all races getting special abilities & why. Beasts & casts, definitely. If newmen get, so be it.