PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

_ReD
Dec 28, 2005, 09:24 AM
does neone know if beast can use Techniques?

OdinTyler
Dec 28, 2005, 09:32 AM
Not exactly sure. Suffice to say theyre not gonna be as good with them as other ppl. Im guessing low MST & perhaps dont have access to all the spells?

Sinue_v2
Dec 28, 2005, 11:50 AM
We don't know any of the specifics just yet. All we know is that they -CAN- use techniques, but are not as good with them as Humans or Numan are. They will, however, be better with them than Casts who are confirmed to have the lowest mental power in the game.

We'll find out if there are any tech restrictions or other drawbacks to them using techs in future updates or when the game is released in Japan.

OdinTyler
Dec 28, 2005, 12:34 PM
Suffice to say that Nanoblasting is the ultimate Shifta (but not necessarily Deband). As for techs, well, with the hopes that you can put various elements into your weapons, perhaps theyll be charged enough to give extra elemental dmg. If you throw techs in as well, well thats great. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Dec 28, 2005, 11:44 PM
Everyone gets to cast techs, beasts have low mst, so dont bother, unless you are either patient, or really stubborn.

Alisha
Dec 29, 2005, 12:36 AM
didnt beasts(Gryz) in ps4 have some megidish spell? LOL i would die of laghter if beast were the only race that could cast megid

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2005-12-28 21:37 ]</font>

Kimil
Dec 29, 2005, 12:55 AM
Ya he did... And I hated Gryz with all my heart. Stupid fluffy

Demi all de way ^_^
Then Rika and Hanz third

Sinue_v2
Dec 29, 2005, 01:40 AM
Not really... Gryz couldn't use techs. He had a few useful special abilities though, such as Broze, Crash, WarCry, Sweeping, and Returns - but I don't think any of them resembled Megid. Perhaps Returns, but I never actually saw that since I never really bothered to level him up. My final parties tend to end up as Chaz, Rika, Rune, Wren, and Raja - with Raja or Wren ocassionally switched out for either Demi or Kyra.

Kimil
Dec 29, 2005, 01:49 AM
No... Wait, Megid(o)... Chaz had that but it wasn't an instant kill attack, it was just a BIG BOOM attack you got on that fourth planet

Alisha
Dec 29, 2005, 03:14 AM
i know gryz had some magic move that could inflict death on all targets much in the same way that crash does

F-o-x
Dec 29, 2005, 09:41 AM
Haven't played the game in a year or two but I'm almost certain Gryz's instant-death move was some kind of physical attack. I don't think it was magical.

Parn
Dec 29, 2005, 10:15 AM
Gryz came with little TP. He could use Brose, which had the potential to kill multiple organic enemies. His mental prowess however, was too low to make it worthwhile. It had too high a failure rate.

F-o-x
Dec 29, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ahh so that was it. The only thing reliable about my memory is how unreliable it is...

Yeah the only thing I was 100% sure of was that I didn't use the move very often. I don't really like instant-death moves in any game.

OdinTyler
Dec 29, 2005, 05:36 PM
1. Gryz was awesome. Very underrated. Ppl overestimate Raja's abilities (he was ok) & tend to take him in a group. But, thats a whole different issue for another time.

2. True, Gryz's techs seemed to be more combat skill based or specific dmg related. Keep in mind that Motavians are sand people & thus, are connected to their land greatly. Theyre best at fending against land creatures, so I expect that will carry over to the beasts in PSU (since the beasts were Motavian inspired).

3. Id expect that the beasts basic techs (if any) would most likely be what Orakians (in PSIII) or Gryz (in PSIV) would use. Some combo like that. Techs but nothing overtly damaging. Thats what Nanoblasting is for.

F-o-x
Dec 29, 2005, 09:06 PM
Please forgive me for being crazy with little details but my memory is pleading its defense. Meaning that I actually remember that pure-blooded Orakians don't have any techniques.

Parn
Dec 29, 2005, 09:43 PM
Correct. Orakians are extremely powerful in melee, but have no technique ability at all. Sari is probably the strongest female ever to grace an RPG, an example of the strength Orakians had. She just makes Ayn look so pitiful when she joins the group in Phantasy Star III.

OdinTyler
Dec 29, 2005, 11:48 PM
However, as we all know, Aron had the true ending in PSIII & he was half Orakian, half Layan. When you think about it, its kinda silly to separate them. They were two different tribes, not races. They were all, technically, Palmans. Aside from that, I always did love the tribal story of PSIII. Last point, Orakians did have some tech skills, they werent completely devoid of such. Even the androids could perform certain skills. They just werent as 'gifted' as the Layans.

Sinue_v2
Dec 30, 2005, 02:17 AM
However, as we all know, Aron had the true ending in PSIII & he was half Orakian, half Layan.

Well, technically - there is no "True" ending to PSIII so far as I'm aware. While Aron's ending does make the most sence and helps strengthen the role of Humans in PSII - there's no actual confirmation that it's what really happened.

When you think about it, its kinda silly to separate them. They were two different tribes, not races.

True, but even among Algolian humans there's a distinction between those who can use techs/magic and those who can't. In PSI - both Alissa and Lutz were able to use magic while Odin couldn't. In PSII's time, magic was uncommon for all but a few select talented individuals (the Espers). Most people relied on techniques, and even then - some people like Rudo couldn't even use those either.

So it's not completely outside of the realm of possibility that, given the circumstances, a split between tech-using and non-tech-using citizens would occur.

(BTW: Anyone else find it odd that Lyle can use a "tech" to transform himself into a beast? I've never seen examples of techs like that in any of the other PS games.. and it's closest correlation would be, well, the Beasts of PSU.)

Alisha
Dec 30, 2005, 07:55 AM
this peaked my interest so i did an image search of sari.she looks like a normal human is her race similar to the klausians of star ocean 3 or something?

Parn
Dec 30, 2005, 08:07 AM
On 2005-12-29 20:48, OdinTyler wrote:
Last point, Orakians did have some tech skills, they werent completely devoid of such. Even the androids could perform certain skills. They just werent as 'gifted' as the Layans.
No, Orakians could not use techs. Period. Rhys couldn't use them, Lena couldn't use them, Sari couldn't use them, and Nial couldn't use them, and all of these playable characters are full-blooded Orakian. Crys, the son of Ayn (Ayn is 1/2 Layan) and Sari (Sari is full Orakian), makes him 1/4 Layan and the strongest physically of the four possible third generation characters with the most limited technique ability (he's the only one of the three that cannot heal).

Layan magical techniques is what allowed them to bring about the monsters which fight for them. Orakians having no tech ability, created the androids instead. I don't know where you get this idea that Orakians can use techniques.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 10:50 AM
1. There IS a true ending to PSIII & it is Aron's. Not just cause I say so & Ill explain why. I worked on Aron's timeline while my friend had worked on Sean's. Given the endings, we figured Sean's was the correct one tho I really wanted it to be Aron's. Well, I dont remember where I read it but it was stated that Aron's was in fact the true ending. Its the only one that allows the Alisa III to go back in time, crash on the moon, have everyone aboard die & allow the Earthmen to ransack it. They used the parts to build the spaceship Noah (seen in PSII). I know, its a weird story but I didnt make it up! LOL

2. Like I said, I liked the tribes in PSIII & it was good to play as them both. It would figure that there would be some that couldnt use any type of techs at all. It makes sense that there would be a split as Palmans werent exactly united on Palma to begin with.

3. It was a small reference, but, Lyle was said to have that special ability. It wasnt written in, however it couldve been a curse? He couldve had mixed blood & told no one? Could be an unknown Esper ability? (Layans are the closest you get to Espers in PSIII).

4. Parn, Orakians werent completely techless. First, you can only go by the chars, not the NPCs, as NPCs always seem to have more abilities than we, the players do. Second, Orakians dont have access to all the same types of spells that the Layans do. However, there are different types of techs: attack, heal, & melee. They do have some advantage over the 'Odin-types' of PS.

F-o-x
Dec 30, 2005, 11:07 AM
On 2005-12-30 04:55, Alisha wrote:
this peaked my interest so i did an image search of sari.she looks like a normal human is her race similar to the klausians of star ocean 3 or something?

No she was just a normal (Orakian) human being. The fact that she was a pure-blooded Orakian is what made her strong.

Parn
Dec 30, 2005, 12:44 PM
On 2005-12-30 07:50, OdinTyler wrote:
4. Parn, Orakians werent completely techless. First, you can only go by the chars, not the NPCs, as NPCs always seem to have more abilities than we, the players do. Second, Orakians dont have access to all the same types of spells that the Layans do. However, there are different types of techs: attack, heal, & melee. They do have some advantage over the 'Odin-types' of PS.

What the hell? OdinTyler, you are not paying attention at all. Read very closely. I listed Orakian characters. Rhys, Sari, Nial, and Lena are PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE NOT NPCs. Rhys is the first character you take control of in Phantasy Star III. Lena is the fifth member of your party in the first generation. If Rhys marries Maia, Ayn is born, and Sari is born in the kingdom of Satera, Sari becoming the fifth member of Ayn's party. If Rhys marries Lena, Nial is born, the main character of the second generation.

Secondly, they DO NOT HAVE ANY TECHS. You claim they do, so by all means, what techs does Rhys have? What techs does Lena have? What techs does Nial have? What techs does Sari have? List them. I want proof.

If you check any FAQ, or just simply play the game itself, they cannot cast any techs. PERIOD. This is not debatable.

Edit: Actually, allow me to save you the trouble. Screenshots sure are wonderful.

http://synbios.net/images/rhys.gif
Huh... no techniques here!

http://synbios.net/images/lena.gif
Lena also seems to be without techniques. Imagine that!

http://synbios.net/images/mieu.gif
This is an example of a character with techniques. Notice the difference? Note that Mieu is not an Orakian, and thus has techniques.

http://synbios.net/images/nial.gif
The pure-blooded Orakian son of Lena and Rhys. Hmm, I'm starting to see a trend here!

http://synbios.net/images/sari.gif
Need more proof?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-12-30 10:09 ]</font>

ZulfiqarTheIV
Dec 30, 2005, 01:33 PM
Sheesh someone needs to take their meds.

Parn
Dec 30, 2005, 01:42 PM
Glad you approve. This is what happens when you stay home to save money for a new couch during the holidays. Boredom sets in.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 03:34 PM
On 2005-12-30 10:33, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:

LMAO I couldnt agree with you more. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Waaaay too much time on one's hands. A friendly debate turns into a one-sided war. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Brus
Dec 30, 2005, 06:07 PM
On 2005-12-30 12:34, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2005-12-30 10:33, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:

LMAO I couldnt agree with you more. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Waaaay too much time on one's hands. A friendly debate turns into a one-sided war. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Despite being a bit overboard, it is definitely a war that he has won hahahaha

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 07:43 PM
One-sided war: A war with himself, not me.

People dont win wars against me. Period. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Dec 30, 2005, 08:23 PM
I'm sure your inability to give a proper retort has everyone convinced.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 08:44 PM
So anyway...we were talking about beasts using techniques? Before the topic is completely drifted off & away from, I think we should get back to that, right?

Kano-Okami
Dec 30, 2005, 08:52 PM
Heh, nice Save. I believe beast will be able to use techs, I mean if an android can cast now, theres no doubt a beast can, aswell. It won't be the strongest, I guarantee that but they will be able to use technics, most likely at the very basic of levels.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 08:59 PM
LOL Not just a nice save. Id rather see a mod yell at someone else for a change (about being off topic) than I. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But anyway, what do you speculate for beast techs? Im guessing something to just help their attack or defense boosts. If anything, Ill just put elements into the weapons & go from there. Im thinking Earth or Lightning would suit a beast well.

Brus
Dec 30, 2005, 09:05 PM
On 2005-12-30 17:59, OdinTyler wrote:
LOL Not just a nice save. Id rather see a mod yell at someone else for a change (about being off topic) than I. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But anyway, what do you speculate for beast techs? Im guessing something to just help their attack or defense boosts. If anything, Ill just put elements into the weapons & go from there. Im thinking Earth or Lightning would suit a beast well.

I'm guessing either something similar to PSO classes where some techniques were limited to only forces, beasts will not be able to learn all techniques. Either that OR from what ST has been saying about make your own class from a race, they'll be able to learn any technique just like everyone else but their mst will be gimped.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 09:07 PM
I doubt their MST will be that bad. Afterall, they are organic creatures. Their MST will have to be higher than a cast's is. Besides, I already speculated what a cast's MST is most likely geared towards.

Kano-Okami
Dec 30, 2005, 09:09 PM
I speculate that Beast will have somewhere along the bare basics of technics like Foie, Barta, Zonde, and probably Resta. They may get Earth depending on how it'll be used. I doubt they'll get some of the higher leveled and newer technics like the Gravity. Zonde and Resta would be the best bets for a Beast using techs, seeing as Zonde would give them a decent aerial attack for airborne enemies (seeing as they have a low accuracy) and low-leveled resta to heal up if they're in a pinch.

Brus
Dec 30, 2005, 09:26 PM
Yes, hopefully this time every race has the ability to learn resta. yes, its cheap as hell to some extent, but anyone who has played as a cast knows what kind of hell it is to rely on mates.

Sinue_v2
Dec 31, 2005, 01:26 AM
I'm sure your inability to give a proper retort has everyone convinced.

Slam, Dunk, Score... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I laughed my ass off at this.

Well, I dont remember where I read it but it was stated that Aron's was in fact the true ending.

You're probably thinking of one of Mike Ripplinger's crackpot ideas. Don't get me wrong, he's quite knowladable in PS - but he's got too much of a tenatious attitude which deviates him from common sence at times. (I.E. The whole "Noah vs. Lutz" debacle and the classic "The Two Continuities")

Its the only one that allows the Alisa III to go back in time, crash on the moon, have everyone aboard die & allow the Earthmen to ransack it. They used the parts to build the spaceship Noah (seen in PSII). I know, its a weird story but I didnt make it up! LOL

But who is to definitively say that the Earthlings didn't come up with the technology on their own? Aron's ending, I admit, is the most complete one - and it's the one I endourse. However, it's not the "offical" one.

Actually - there is no point in PSIII's endings (which I recall) where the Alissa III "crash lands" on Earth's moon killing everyone aboard. Sean's ending stops as the Alissa III enters Earth's orbit and opens up contact with the London Communications Center. Weither they crashed or they simply migrated to Earth - it doesn't say.

http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/endings/ps3-aron-24.gif
http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/endings/ps3-aron-25.gif

The rest of the endings (and in full form) can be found at Algol Solar System's Data Memory (http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/ending-choose.shtml).

(A note of Trivia: In Crys's ending - the Alissa III lands safely on a remote terran planet with two moons. This ties in nicely with Phantasy Star Online - since Ragol is an "uninhabited" planet with two moons, and the ruins of a gigantic worldship bearing the seal of Algol ta-boot. However, it has been confirmed by Sonic Team that the series are disconnected by storyline. Still, it proves that there is more than one possible "true" ending to PSIII provided you take the leap of faith and make the connections yourself.)

It wasnt written in, however it couldve been a curse?

I don't think it was a curse - since Lyle could change form at will. Curses tend to be a bit more, annoying, to the one who is cursed.

(Layans are the closest you get to Espers in PSIII)

Actually, I would think that the Sages on Sages Isle would be the closest link PSIII has to Espers. While it's never quite made clear weither or not they could use magic, they could use techs. They were Layan, after all... though they seemed a bit independant from the "Laya vs. Orakio" struggle considering how they took Siren in. (Siren, of course, was a servant of Orakio). It's the sages which task you with tracking down the Nei weapons, much like Lutz did in PSII.