PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm new but I have an Idea

Kimil
Dec 29, 2005, 01:00 AM
Why not when Universe Comes out, lets all designate a server block where all the Forum people will try to claim (like go there a lot so we make a guild like thing) I don't know how this would work or if it even would, but on XBOX live the RARE leggit players told each other to gather in a certain Serve Block and it kinda became our turf (until the hackers found our hiding place and invaded)

Blitzkommando
Dec 29, 2005, 01:55 AM
A similar thing has been done with each versionof PSO. In the case of PSOX-US it was Celestite 8. So, in a way, you read the minds of the people here.

OdinTyler
Dec 29, 2005, 05:56 PM
The admins will pick such a block. In keeping with trends it will probably be (name of server) 8. However, given that chars are now server side saved, that could be different. Could be like EQOA where you choose a server to start on, then, create your chars there. That being the case, make sure all your friends play on that server. I hope we find this out BEFORE the game comes out. Then, we can all choose where we're headed to.

Kimil
Dec 30, 2005, 02:17 AM
No way... that would suck badly, they would be taking away some of the feel of PSO, you have to be able to join random parties on any server to meet new people.

ColonD
Dec 30, 2005, 04:45 AM
What I wouldn't mind, is that if you could only pick a server once, and stick with it, is... say, there are ways to earn a switch to another sever, and/or, allow you to pick three you like, and, when starting up an online game, pick which one you want to play in this time.

Since I'm bad at explaining things, I assume no one understood that; I hope that the server set up thing is, explained before game release.
(Which, if you think about it, since it releases earlier in japan I beleive, someone who imports it will probably enlighten us all, who don't import. (like me.) )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonD on 2005-12-30 01:46 ]</font>

Ryna
Dec 30, 2005, 10:46 AM
It looks like you'll be able to choose from a large number of servers each time you log on to the game. At least everything I've seen suggests that. There hasn't been any mention of locking players into only playing one server. For the kind of game PSU will be, it would be stupid to lock in players like that.

As for designating a server, we will do that when the game comes out.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 10:52 AM
Well, I know ppl would have a problem with sticking to only one server. However, it is different for ST to have server-side saving. SSS is exactly that, tho. You save on 1 particular server. If you want to play on other servers, youd create chars there. Obviously we dont know for sure, but, based on what they said they wanna do, its highly likely it will happen. Of course, they did mention jumping to different blocks in past interviews. Thus, the confusion...

Ryna
Dec 30, 2005, 10:55 AM
On 2005-12-30 07:52, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, I know ppl would have a problem with sticking to only one server. However, it is different for ST to have server-side saving. SSS is exactly that, tho. You save on 1 particular server. If you want to play on other servers, youd create chars there. Obviously we dont know for sure, but, based on what they said they wanna do, its highly likely it will happen. Of course, they did mention jumping to different blocks in past interviews. Thus, the confusion...

Have you played Blue Burst? It implements server-side saving and allows you to choose from 6-7 different servers when you log on each time.

I'm thinking that Phantasy Star Universe is going to use the same mechanism. Afterall, it isn't that hard to share a database among a small set of servers.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 11:00 AM
1. No, I didnt play Blue Burst, so I dont know too much about EpisodeIV. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2. BB has server-side? ST acted like server-side was new for PSU.
3. This server select screen...you can access it & jump around to different servers with the SAME char?

Ryna
Dec 30, 2005, 11:02 AM
2. BB has server-side? ST acted like server-side was new for PSU.
3. This server select screen...you can access it & jump around to different servers with the SAME char?

2. Blue Burst has server-side saving. The downside of server-side saving is that they delete your character after 80-some days after you cancel your account.

3. Yes, you can use your character on any of the game's servers.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 11:04 AM
Well, thats pretty good then. After awhile, it did feel a lil restrictive to be forced to play on the same server on EQOA. Sometimes I just wanted to get away from the guys there. However, all my chars were on the same server & it would be too weird starting up a whole new 'world' elsewhere. Good news for us on PSU tho.