PDA

View Full Version : Importing? o_O

RyuuHokori
Dec 30, 2005, 03:36 AM
Forgive me if this has already been asked but, is anyone intending to import psu in feb? I understand the whole Jp online thing and the fact that you'd need a Jp credit card and such..-_-...

But other than that, anyone giving the import thing a shot? o_o

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 30, 2005, 05:43 AM
i am

Sinue_v2
Dec 30, 2005, 06:05 AM
Definately... I've already got it pre-ordered with next-day shipping. I just need to find a way to get online now...

Perhaps some industrious Japan-dwelling member of the boards here could apply for a JP credit card and start up a service similar to PSOExplorer. I'd gladly pay a little overage on the monthly fee for the oppertunity to play online right off the bat. Plus, it'd only be for about 2-3 months until the US version is released. It'll suck leaving all my progress on the JP account, but at least I'll have learned from any initial mistakes and be able to build a better character from scratch.

Zolpner
Dec 30, 2005, 09:36 AM
Certainly am.
Got it on preorder now.
Comp to run it is my main concern .. o.o

I'm considering seducing some Japanese girl in order to mooch her Credit Card...
>.>
<.<

Ryna
Dec 30, 2005, 10:42 AM
Where does it say that you need a JP credit card to go online? I haven't seen anything yet that says that. If there is something that says, could someone point me to it?

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 10:54 AM
Well, from what ppl said here, you have to 'enunciate' your name into a Japanese form. Since its online, its expected youd need a card accessible by Japan. Since many credit cards are international, that shouldnt be a problem. However, if you cant get through that form (& Ive heard there are problems), then its really not worth it. IMO best to wait til the game is out in your respective country before going online with it. Just saves alot of hassle.

Kamica
Dec 30, 2005, 11:53 AM
I made a thread called "whos gonna be on JP PSU?" and I got a fairly large number of people there.

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2005, 03:32 PM
Some, not alot will. Also, odds are non Japanese will only be playing JP PSU offline as I hear enough complications causing ppl a difficult time in getting online. The main populace online for JP PSU will be the Japanese (of course).

RyuuHokori
Dec 30, 2005, 05:41 PM
Heh..so if this is truely possibly, i will def think about importing in Feb. Hey, if theres problems trying to go online, at least i'll have offline to back me up >_>

Although..if someone actually DOES find a way to get online with the Jp version, then i'm there.

Ryna
Dec 30, 2005, 05:54 PM
On 2005-12-30 07:54, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, from what ppl said here, you have to 'enunciate' your name into a Japanese form.

If you are referring to the Sega Link registration page, we have a guide for setting up an account:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2382

We probably won't know how to setup the section where you input your credit card number until the game comes out.

Parn
Dec 30, 2005, 06:16 PM
That's actually a really important point... we don't know for sure if the SegaLink "cash" is used for PSU. There's a really good chance of it, but we really don't know.

I guess us importers will find out on the 17th.

Kamica
Dec 30, 2005, 09:57 PM
I am getting into online mode one way or another. I am not so worried.

Niki
Dec 30, 2005, 11:45 PM
Got my SegaLink ID, got my NetCash cards, got my PSTwo ready, got my copy of PSU pre-ordered and shipping by air.

Just twiddling my thumbs 'til the third week of February.

RyuuHokori
Dec 31, 2005, 04:22 AM
Well i just got my segalink account so, i'll be ready i guess >.>

Nai_Calus
Dec 31, 2005, 06:39 AM
I'm sure there won't be that much trouble with it. Sega wants money, after all. Had absolutely no problem using my Bank of America visa check card to pay for a JP PSOBB HL. It didn't even ask for your billing address for the CC. Sure, PSU'll be a little different, but again: Sega loves money. XP

Parn
Dec 31, 2005, 09:23 AM
On 2005-12-30 20:45, Niki wrote:
Got my SegaLink ID, got my NetCash cards, got my PSTwo ready, got my copy of PSU pre-ordered and shipping by air.

Just twiddling my thumbs 'til the third week of February.
Out of curiousity, how did you obtain Netcash cards? I'd really like to get ahold of some myself.

RyuuHokori
Dec 31, 2005, 04:17 PM
Ya actually, i'm wondering about those netcash cards myself. Any news on how to optain them would be great.

therealAERO
Dec 31, 2005, 07:43 PM
Hmmm...ps2 or PC? Its hard to decide. I just recently got my Ps2 import ready and I am currently playing Kh2. Hmm...but I do have a PC powerful enough to handle PSU.

RyuuHokori
Dec 31, 2005, 08:08 PM
On 2005-12-31 16:43, therealAERO wrote:
Hmmm...ps2 or PC? Its hard to decide. I just recently got my Ps2 import ready and I am currently playing Kh2. Hmm...but I do have a PC powerful enough to handle PSU.

Well pc for me. I'll be playing on my laptop.

Espilonarge
Dec 31, 2005, 11:27 PM
Personally I'll wait till the English version comes out.

If the English voice actors don't take their acting seriously, they better have an option to switch from the English voices to the Japanese ones. Afterall, why else would a game require around 8 gigs for? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niki
Jan 1, 2006, 03:39 AM
Out of curiousity, how did you obtain Netcash cards? I'd really like to get ahold of some myself.

Made friends with a flight attendant out of Tokyo twice a month. i may be able to get a few extras, should you need 'em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-01-01 00:40 ]</font>

Parn
Jan 1, 2006, 10:46 AM
Well, if you do... I'd be more than happy to buy them. I appreciate the offer.

WorldAtWar
Jan 1, 2006, 02:30 PM
I honestly don't understand why so many of you are in such a rush to play psu. We all know that the first iteration is going to be littered with bugs, and too think otherwise is just foolish.

I am waiting until we see a US release. We will recieve a more stable server, and I won't have to start my character over again.

OdinTyler
Jan 1, 2006, 03:45 PM
World, I couldnt agree with you more. Besides, whats the fun of buying an RPG you cant read? If you understand Japanese, ok. However, more than half the fun of this particular game is the online aspect & if youre not fully prepared to do that with a Japanese game, its best to wait.

Parn
Jan 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
Does it really bother you folks enough that you have to comment as if we're retards for importing? I mean, seriously. OK, so you're going to wait for the US release. That's fantastic. We're not, so lay off. Sheesh.

OdinTyler
Jan 1, 2006, 05:36 PM
1. World, your pic says Phabtasy Star Online. LOL Just thought you should know. Thats kinda funny.

2. I know I wasnt calling anyone names. If someone wants to get a copy early, thats their decision. Theres no big deal to make here.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 1, 2006, 05:40 PM
Well all I have to say is...have fun playing your bugged and unreadable copies of PSU hahaha.

Parn
Jan 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
OK.

Niki
Jan 1, 2006, 06:33 PM
Well, i'll be able to read a majority of the kana and a few kanji here or there, plus i'm willing to wager there will be some kind of Word Select system like PSO [if i'm wrong, i'm wrong] to keep players on different continents communicating in a limited but effective manner while hunting planetside.

i'm impatient. Especially when it comes to PSU, which will be the last video game i ever buy [unless Sega/ST comes out with a PS title that's even better], i'm willing to spend extra cash and have a harder time for the first couple months in exchange for getting a head start. anyway...

GaijinPUnch
Jan 1, 2006, 08:33 PM
Depending on a few things which are out of my hands, I may be going to Japan at the end of Jan or Early Feb. I will pick up a stack of Net Cash cards if need be (as stated in another thread). If not, I'll have a friend nab them and post them to me, so I wouldn't sweat it.

And I'm pretty sure that if a US credit card isn't usable now, it won't be then. I had to use a Japanese credit card to buy Episode IV, and Net Cash cards were sold online only to Japanese-issued credit cards.

uhawww
Jan 1, 2006, 09:53 PM
Patience is not one of my virtues.
An Intermediate collegiate understanding of Japanese, however, is.
Regardless of what some of you are saying, I'm going to import PSU, I'm going to love every minute of it, and I will not have any regrets.

I've done it with Final Fantasy XI, Nobunaga no Yabou Online, Mabinogi, and qC (Age of Voyage Online), and PSU shall be no exception.

Espilonarge
Jan 1, 2006, 10:52 PM
Lets just hope when the Japanese version comes out that Sega/Sonic Team will take the bug reports more seriously. After how many problems I had to deal with on PSOBB, I think they might want to take some responcibility.

I also hope they don't do something as stupid as PSO Ep1&2 and Ep3 for GC. Its virtually impossible to get it off the shelf here, I had to buy my copy of Ep1&2 off Ebay (someone imported a bunch of copies from Europe.) I want to see PSU released here around the same time as the US and no sooner (especially the PC version.) Hell, Australia should be set to 60Hz standards in this day and age, especially with HDTV in most new TV's. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lord_DS
Jan 2, 2006, 04:50 AM
On 2006-01-01 14:40, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:
Well all I have to say is...have fun playing your bugged and unreadable copies of PSU hahaha.

People have to understand that everybody cannot simply wait for a game. Personally i wait for this game since May 2004 more than any game, after i have just learnt at the E3 that it was in developement. I understand nothing to japanese, but i just can't wait longer to play this game. If you can wait , its good for you, but its not the case for everybody. I dont care to understand nothing, i just want to PLAY IT as soon as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-02 02:42 ]</font>

Espilonarge
Jan 2, 2006, 10:59 AM
I've been waiting several years for PSU. After completing PSIV I was hungry for more but they never released a sequal.

When PSO started going around as rumours and such, thats when it started hitting me. I thought at first "Another PS game, woo!" but it turns out to be a dud. Its not really a sequal due to not having three planets, having nothing major towards its predecessors and more related towards the "Online" aspect (hence Phantasy Star Online.)

That was several years back with the 1st release of PSO. Now when the first PSU video was released, it had one question.

"Phantasy Star V?"

You can see why I'm hoping this makes up for what PSO could never acheive, an actual RPG story based around the original PS series. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I'll wait till and English version comes out as I said earlier. I just don't want to be forced several months to wait after the US release, I'm sick and tired of Sega making Australia look like the "last" place they'd release the title to. I'll even import the US version in the end if I have to so I don't have to wait for the slack.

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2006, 11:02 AM
Espilonarge, would it be easy to play a US version on your system in Australia? Never been there, so Idk. Obviously, the version is in the same language so thats not a problem.

Saiing
Jan 12, 2006, 12:47 PM
I'm currently weighing up the options on whether or not to buy it. I don't have as much free time as I used to, but I'd like to kill a few hours a week on a new RPG. As a Japanese resident, I don't have any problems with the credit card, getting online etc. The main question for me is whether its actually a good game. I think I'm just gonna have to read the reviews and make a decision.

SirAri
Jan 12, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-01-01 14:40, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:

Actually, there something you have to do to your american ps2 to play japanese games, and it works fine.

What you have to do is remove the top part of the ps2 (not all the way) or something like that.

My girlfriend's sister's friend's brother did that to play his japanese import of the Naruto game.

The details are kinda sketchy though. XD

Saiing
Jan 13, 2006, 12:09 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out if that last post was a joke or not.

uhawww
Jan 13, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-01-12 21:09, Saiing wrote:
I'm having trouble figuring out if that last post was a joke or not.

No no.
The flip-top mod is real.

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
Screwing around with your system is just asking for trouble. First, you gotta know what youre doing. Then you gotta figure, even if you do, when you try to play an online game & DNAS detects tampering of some sort, you may not get to connect on. Its really not worth it.

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
I use the swap discs and Slide tool for playing Kingdom hearts 2 on my Ps2. I'll do the same for PSU. I'll probably just download PSU that is if it isn't a dual layered game. So far we have only seen 1 FMV and the rest is in game cut scenes like KH2,and that is only 2.8 gigabytes. So yeah. Don't be disappointed if it isn't on a dual layered DVD. Even if it isn't the size of the game doesn't have correlation to how much content is in it. I mean look at PSO EP 1 and 2. That game had so much freaking content, over 1,000 hours of play, and it was only at most 1.5 gigs

SirAri
Jan 13, 2006, 08:31 AM
On 2006-01-12 21:58, OdinTyler wrote:
Screwing around with your system is just asking for trouble. First, you gotta know what youre doing. Then you gotta figure, even if you do, when you try to play an online game & DNAS detects tampering of some sort, you may not get to connect on. Its really not worth it.

Oh, definatly.

I don't reccomend it myself, either.

Its one of those stupid things I would try while I was bored, and end up in the hostpital... XD

Rubius-sama
Jan 14, 2006, 03:44 AM
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but you can't play jp PSU.

Me and a few friends were playing Rising Force Online JP version and in mid-november (renewal time), our credit cards were not being accepted. Several other people have tried paying for RFO/segacash through SegaLink and reported the same thing. We even tried using JP proxies and no results.

The same payment methods are being used for PSU. Go ahead and try paying right now. It won't go through.

You will have to wait for the western version to play.

Sinue_v2
Jan 14, 2006, 02:30 PM

In general, I agree that if you don't know exactly what you're doing - then you probably shouldn't **** with it. However the flip-top modification is really a rather simple one. If you can remove and replace the case to your PC, you can do the same to your PS2. There's a few minory tricky parts - like getting memorycard shutter doors transfered over, but nothing that even a novice can't handle. The only thing to really watch out for is to make sure that you treat the silver power ribbon as if it were glass since it's a rather cheap component and easily broken.

I've been using a flip-top lid to play the imports of Phantasy Star Generation I (Limited Edition) & II and I've had no problems. Surprisingly, the "latch" which keeps the lid closed is rather sturdy and hasn't worn out yet. Can't comment on the "Stealth" lid for the PStwo - but I'm happy with the FatBoy model lid.

As for DNAS verification - you're not making any modifications to the hardware, so it's not an issue so long as you use the SwapMagic disks. It may be able to detect modchips - but not case mods. The SwapMagic disks themselves don't really do anything but act as a buffer, which boots the console with the US verification code and then allows the game to play. There's really no way for a DNAS verification to detect tampering.

BTW: I've booted the US version of Monster Hunter using the Swap Magic disks - and the DNAS still go through flawlessly. It won't be an issue.

I use the swap discs and Slide tool

I thought about just doing that... but honestly, I feel as though Sony makes some rather cheap components. The idea of sticking a plastic hook inside your disk tray and prying it open just never sat well with me - expecially if you're going to be doing it often with a game like PSU. After losing a Dreamcast, and nearly another one plus a NGC to my over-play of PSO, I already fear for my PS2's disk drive enough as it is.

Me and a few friends were playing Rising Force Online JP version and in mid-november (renewal time), our credit cards were not being accepted. Several other people have tried paying for RFO/segacash through SegaLink and reported the same thing. We even tried using JP proxies and no results.

I might be mistaken, but that's what GaijunPunch was talking about. You won't be able to use non-JP CreditCards with the import version of PSU... which is why we'll have to find a way to obtain these cards from Japan through an intermediary source. Once we have the cards, it should allow payment just the same as if I were sitting Gifu rather than Warsaw.

GaijinPUnch
Jan 16, 2006, 12:47 AM
I might be mistaken, but that's what GaijunPunch was talking about. You won't be able to use non-JP CreditCards with the import version of PSU...

Yes -- this is true. In fact, I had to use my wife's Japanese card to buy Episode IV a few months ago. On that note, I did confirm my trip for next month, so I can pick up NetCash cards for those enough fortunate enough not to... errr... for those w/o a JP CC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 16, 2006, 05:59 AM
Just gimmie a price and a place to send the money order.

Nash
Jan 16, 2006, 05:46 PM
Same here.

Maybe use Paypal?

GaijinPUnch
Jan 16, 2006, 08:40 PM
Paypal will be fine as long as I'm not stuck w/ the fees. I'll probably give people an option to have the actual card mailed to them, or just the number mailed.

RyuuHokori
Jan 17, 2006, 01:10 PM
ya if you could find a way, i'll be down for this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nash
Jan 17, 2006, 04:03 PM
I don't mind paying a bit extra to cover the Paypal fees and your time and trouble. It's just good to know we might have this option, being online at the beginning of a new PSO when so little is known about the game is such a great experience.

Do we know for definite that NetCash is an acceptable payment for SegaLink?

GaijinPUnch
Jan 17, 2006, 09:43 PM
Do we know for definite that NetCash is an acceptable payment for SegaLink?

Yes. I guess they could pull something out of their ass at the last minute, but Sega has always had a way to pay for non CC holders (back in the DC/GC days, it was Web Money). Remember that Japan is still very much a cash society, although credit cards are becoming more commonplace.

Russ2576
Jan 18, 2006, 08:41 AM
No way I'm importing this time around. Got burned the last time I did that(remember the two Jp versions of Ep1&2 debacle?). I ended up starting from scratch on the US version after all.

I'm just gonna wait and play it on Day 1 for the first time with all of my PSO buds that are getting it. More fun that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-01-18 05:42 ]</font>

F-o-x
Jan 18, 2006, 09:14 AM
Speaking of getting burned... I too had a lot of trouble importing Ep1&2. One place I ordered it from (BuyRite... Never again.) never even shipped my import stuff, nor did they respond to emails so they basically made off with about $250 (Which they thankfully returned to me about a year later -_-) So I imported from another place and ended up not getting the game until after the US release date. And theres more... I wasn't even able to get online so I had to buy the US version anyway and start my character over again -_-

Even after all that I'm kinda considering importing. I'll wait for more info though (US release date, option for english text ect).

Lord_DS
Jan 18, 2006, 09:28 AM
Something i am not sure to understand. ONE card will allow us to play how many month? It depends of the money on the card or 1 card is 1 month?

Iam also ready to pay an (a big) extra to get one (and a few for my friends if possible) of those cards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 06:40 PM
Fox, if you had those probs before, why would you torture yourself & do it again? You know youre gonna wanna go online. Why not just wait for the US version?

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
Some people are just impatient, I for one am not and I will be finishing up several games while I wait for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZulfiqarTheIV on 2006-01-18 16:03 ]</font>

F-o-x
Jan 18, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'm still considering it as most of my problems were my own fault acctually (For one everywhere I turned people were saying bad things about buyrite, yet it was my only choice at the time so I went with them anyway). I most certainly will be able to keep myself occupied until the US release... but with all the anticipation I guess I am just getting a little impatient.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-01-18 16:39 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 07:30 PM
Sometimes the anticipation makes it tough. However, I just pull out an older game & work on it. Right now, I maxed out my Dwarf on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (any further & it seems to glitch sorta). Now, Im working on my Arcane Archer's playthrough & of course, Ill max him out too.

Niki
Jan 18, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-01-18 06:28, Lord_DS wrote:
Something i am not sure to understand. ONE card will allow us to play how many month? It depends of the money on the card or 1 card is 1 month?
The cards have a cash value, typically 1000, 3000, and 5000 yen, though there are others [i think]. You use them to charge the SegaLink account, which is debitted a certain amount [around 1000 yen] each month for online play.

I am also ready to pay an (a big) extra to get one (and a few for my friends if possible) of those cards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
There are a few folks here [GaijinPUnch, myself, others?] that can probably help you with getting NetCash cards. I will [hopefully] be verifying this weekend that they can be used from US IPs. Unless someone has already done this, of course... ^_^;;

Nash
Jan 18, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-01-18 18:11, Niki wrote:

There are a few folks here [GaijinPUnch, myself, others?] that can probably help you with getting NetCash cards. I will [hopefully] be verifying this weekend that they can be used from US IPs. Unless someone has already done this, of course... ^_^;;

Cool, keep us updated!

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
OK Fox, if you insist on getting the import, good luck. If history repeats itself...well...refer to my sig. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

F-o-x
Jan 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
No no. I'm still just considering it. I have a huge stack of RPGs I want to hit before PSU consumes my life (The entire .hack series, Arc The Lad Collection, all 3 Shining Force 3 games, Legend of Zelda OoT, LoZ WW... just to name a few. Not to mention logging on to Halo 2 for a few hours a day)

Even if I do import it'll be well after everyone around here has gotten thier copies of the game so they can work through all the eventual problems.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
You think you could loan me all of Shining Force III? I never got a chance to play it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

F-o-x
Jan 18, 2006, 11:01 PM
I need to get at them first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I played through the first part already but I'm going to play through it again to transfer my saves over to the second and third games (when I get them, I've actually just bought them off eBay).

If I could let ya borrow everything without shipping a whole bunch of stuff I would, the first Scenario was awesome and I'm sure the other two are going to be just as good if not better.

Lord_DS
Jan 19, 2006, 07:28 AM
On 2006-01-18 18:11, Niki wrote:

On 2006-01-18 06:28, Lord_DS wrote:
The cards have a cash value, typically 1000, 3000, and 5000 yen, though there are others [i think]. You use them to charge the SegaLink account, which is debitted a certain amount [around 1000 yen] each month for online play.

I am also ready to pay an (a big) extra to get one (and a few for my friends if possible) of those cards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
It would be great

But I live in France, i hope it wont be a problem -_o

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 10:43 AM
OK cause it seems like you & I, Fox, are the only ones who still love the Shining series. PS is still tops in my book. However, a good Shining game...or God forbid a new LUNAR game (hint, hint) would be nice. There are so many good series out there. Im glad a couple, like PS, are still going. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Jan 19, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-01-19 07:43, OdinTyler wrote:
OK cause it seems like you & I, Fox, are the only ones who still love the Shining series.
Hardly. I happen to own the domain name referring to the lead character of Shining Force 3 Scenario 1.

I lost a lot of old content, but I recently set up an art gallery of all the artwork from the Shining Force 3 Premium Disk here (http://synbios.net/games/SF3/artwork/index.html).

F-o-x
Jan 19, 2006, 06:43 PM
Yup that removes all doubt from my mind. You're definatly the same Parn from SFC. Also, I had no idea all that content was on the PD... I thought it was just a few extra battles. Despite it costing a lot, I'm going to have to try to get one at some point.

We aren't the only three lovers of the series from around here though. Shadow_Wing and Inazuma said they were fans in another thread and Rion at one point expressed interest in the earlier games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-01-19 15:48 ]</font>

Parn
Jan 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
Ahahaha. Yeah, that's me that posts there on and off. I miss the old Shining Force 3 community back when the game first came out... still keep in touch with some of them. Wonder if anyone else here remembers the old Rightstep boards...

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well, so the topic doesnt get closed, we should keep trying to mention the word import or importing. It would be IMPORTant to stay on track of the IMPORTed IMPORTs. So, Im to understand all 3 Shining Force III games were IMPORTed to the US? Ive always wanted to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif SF helped me branch out from traditional RPGs to try strategy & its IMPORTant to try variety. These are just my thoughts, you can IMPORT them, if you wish. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Jan 19, 2006, 06:58 PM
The first scenario was in English. The latter two were not. Those that purchased all three scenarios had the opportunity to receive the Shining Force 3 Premium Disk, a free bonus disc that contained special battles, videos, artwork (which I extracted for my website), character model exhibit, and more.

Shining Force 3 was the peak of the Shining series. No other game in the series has managed to be even remotely as epic. They came up with some great ideas and pushed the Saturn to its graphical limits. They did some interesting graphical effects that were amazing at the time and were supposedly impossible to do on the Saturn, like this (http://synbios.net/games/SF3/videos/Shining%20Force%203%20-%20Chaos%20Gate.wmv).

Brus
Jan 19, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-01-19 15:58, Parn wrote:
The first scenario was in English. The latter two were not. Those that purchased all three scenarios had the opportunity to receive the Shining Force 3 Premium Disk, a free bonus disc that contained special battles, videos, artwork (which I extracted for my website), character model exhibit, and more.

Shining Force 3 was the peak of the Shining series. No other game in the series has managed to be even remotely as epic. They came up with some great ideas and pushed the Saturn to its graphical limits. They did some interesting graphical effects that were amazing at the time and were supposedly impossible to do on the Saturn, like this (http://synbios.net/games/SF3/videos/Shining%20Force%203%20-%20Chaos%20Gate.wmv).

I really wont forgive them for never bringing out scenario 2 and 3. Shinging force 3 was one of my favorite games on the saturn, well that and shining the holy ark.

Although, i must say shining force 3's dubbing was absolutely hilarious.

"NOW BEAR MAH ARCTIC BLATH"
"RRRRAAAAAYNNN THUUUNNDEEER"
"ITH THITH THE END? ::SPIN EXPLODE::"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-19 17:22 ]</font>