PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Growth Tree?

Kimil
Jan 2, 2006, 01:17 PM
There's a lot a weapon types in this game (the only new one is the bow and arrow though -_-)

Don't you think since you can become any class with any race now mean that it would be a bit extensive to be able to anything right away? And in most of the screen shots, why is that Ethen and his cruw are only using Hand Guns and Sabers? (daggers too.. but only they're 'instructer' Karen)

Maybe there's some sorta leveling up tree that starts you off only being able to use basic weapons like the Saber, hand gun, and hue. Maybe you gain access to the other weapons by gaining levels or using certain weapons alot (leveling with the weapon type itself to be faster/stronger/skillful with it)

Like here's an example of what I mean:

(Close Range path)
(Power)
Saber ------------> Sword --> Axe
| (Speed)
|-> Dagger --> Claws
| (Dexterity)
|-> Spear --> Double Saber

(Long Range Path)
(Dexterity)
Hand Gun ---------> Rifle --> (dunno, Sniper Rifle?)
| (Speed)
|-> Mechgun--> Slicer
| (Power)
|-> Shotgun--> Cannon

(Techinque path)
(Speed)
Hue --------------> Wand --> (double wand?)
| (Power)
|-> Staff --> Rod
| (Dexterity)
|-> Card --> Bow and Arrow

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-01-02 10:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-01-02 10:21 ]</font>

Tact
Jan 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
Speaking of weapons, what exactly is a hue in PSU? The PSU weapons type guide didn't really clarify this for me.

Kimil
Jan 2, 2006, 01:21 PM
Dunno... it a mixed wieldable Wand

littleman2347
Jan 2, 2006, 01:45 PM
I have a feeling that it will be like pso just gain atp and find wepons ,but to more of an extend. My though is that there using those weps becasue they dont want to show us the other weps there are besides the basic kind.

_ReD
Jan 2, 2006, 02:32 PM
i agree with littleman. lvling to use diff type of weapon is kinda weird for pso, but wat ur saying make alot of sense if u think bout it...alot of other game do it

Ryna
Jan 2, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-01-02 10:20, Tact wrote:
Speaking of weapons, what exactly is a hue in PSU? The PSU weapons type guide didn't really clarify this for me.

That is the first time I've seen that term. Where did you see it at?

_ReD
Jan 2, 2006, 03:12 PM
well..if i learned nethin from art class hue mean color... and if u googled it.. it's also a place in vietnam http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryna
Jan 2, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-01-02 12:12, _ReD wrote:
well..if i learned nethin from art class hue mean color... and if u googled it.. it's also a place in vietnam http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

For the dense, here is what my question was about:
Where did Tact hear that term as it is applied to PSU weapons? Is he talking about the color a weapon possesses?

Dre_o
Jan 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
I heard Hue a long time ago as the Force classification of weapons, Staffs, Wands, the weapons naturally thought of as Force weapons.

EDIT: And technically, there is a continuous lazer weapon, not like the Shot or Photon Launcher, or at least that is what I'm aware of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-02 13:20 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 2, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-01-02 13:19, Dre_o wrote:
I heard Hue a long time ago as the Force classification of weapons, Staffs, Wands, the weapons naturally thought of as Force weapons.
edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-02 13:20 ]</font>

That was "Hou":
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1356

Essentially "hou" referred to the "Technique" series of weapons. At this point, it should probably be considered an outdated term.

Dre_o
Jan 2, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-01-02 13:26, Ryna wrote:

That was "Hou":
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1356

Essentially "hou" referred to the "Technique" series of weapons. At this point, it should probably be considered an outdated term.

Ah yes, I see now! So that thing above might just be a missunderstanding. Perhaps just a typo somewhere because I have no knowledge of "Hue" (used correctly of course) being mentioned in any text I have seen.

But my bad!

Tact
Jan 2, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ahh. Thanks, Ryna. Sorry about that, the thread starter referred to it as "Hue".

Blobmiester
Jan 2, 2006, 06:43 PM
There has to be something like this
Like a points system
point points in close-range and youll get better at itbut worse at the others.
OR aomething like that. There needs to be something so your character can "specialize" in a catagory of weaponry.

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2006, 07:20 PM
For all we know, minimum stats will determine what weps we're able to use. Given that youre not restricted by class, you could up what stats you want to focus on to use the weps you want. If theres a tree as you suggest, that would make it more complicated. Not that its necessarily bad. Just that youd really be specializing & possibly limiting yourself to certain weapons. In a way, thats forcing yourself into a class & that defeats the purpose of no class restriction. I just wonder how its going to play out.

littleman2347
Jan 3, 2006, 08:54 PM
well i think we all know that off line ethen(i think that is how you spell it) will be able to use any wep there is in the game cause it is a set character.

Kent
Jan 4, 2006, 01:57 AM
No doubt, Ethan will still have to meet the ATP/ATA/MST or equivalent requirements for the weapons, before he can use them, which is the way that all the info from Sonic Team points to.

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2006, 09:35 AM
This means it will be like a typical RPG. Youll have to lvl up before you can use different weps. I already am going in with that understanding. Also, its not so much that Ethan can use every wep in the game (tho Im sure he can). If anything, the pics we've been shown are just demonstrations for whats in the game, to give us an idea.

littleman2347
Jan 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
ya it's like all rpg's lvl and stat's are need to use some weps.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 4, 2006, 04:15 PM
I've been asked this by my fellow friends on the subject, we had a very long discussion on it lol. Anyways we figure that the races have certain tendancies that make them better at one thing or another however you should have the ability to be anything you want.

If there is the ability to be anything you want and most likely see a system similar to Dragon Quest 8 (point system) or FFXI (equipment system) where racial tendancies are nullified via either a point system or equipment system. Also there might be a possibility of a system that mixes both worlds that can create a vast amount of possibilities.

As a real game example, so that this can be pictured much easily, I take FFXI (god I played this for too long, when will PSU come ;_; ). In that game the races have specific tendancies, the tarus were the mage race (think Newmans), Galkas were more melee orientated (think Beasts), ect. However it wasn't something strange to see a melee taru, a mage Galka and stuff like that (Hell I'm a lvl 75 taru warrior and bard lol), abiet either race would be better if they were maybe an Elvaan (melee type race, however some mage capablities) or Galka but they can do a very good job either way.

In conclusion I'm thinking of seeing a total customization of character "class" via equipment where it determines if you're a force, hunter or ranger, abiet some races will be better at it than others its still possible to see a force cast or a hunter newman.

Dre_o
Jan 4, 2006, 04:26 PM
Shadow, this has already been confirmed or at least fairly well founded, Beasts will use Melee weapons (or perhaps hand to hand) more effectively and with more power than others races. Casts will use guns more efficiently (ie SUV weapons), Newmans will excell in Tech Weapons and MST(ie Wands, Staff.) And Humans will be balanced without any ups or major downs.

I personally bet that Casts will have more HP than Humans and Newmans, and Beasts with more HP than Casts. Newmans will have better TP than all, fallowed by Humans, and then (maybe) Beasts, and Casts picking up the trail at last, with very little TP, but it is still there.

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2006, 04:35 PM
In addition to what you said Dre (& I agree btw), I think that in particular, when a beast nanoblasts, stats will be affected more than realized. Its been said that such stats as atk & def will go up. However, since a beast is becoming more feral, its safe to say that intelligence goes down. Maybe not alot, but, it would be noticeable. That being said, I theorize that MST may temporarily go down, thus affecting special attacks. At first, this may sound bad.
However, nanoblasting seems to open up new abilities & perhaps the MST is channeled in other ways, allowing attacks not possible in human form. That being the case, lower MST wont matter since the new abilities would only be for the short duration of the nanoblast. If this is true, a transformed beast would have a more powerful spell/mana/casting ability than a newman...temporarily. This is of course, just a theory.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 4, 2006, 04:42 PM
Yes I know, as was my argument with my friend that maybe it was the race that determined the "class" however he insisted that the entire game can be hugely customizable, that the races didn't have specific "classes" persay however did excell more at one thing or another. What I'm trying to get at is that maybe they made a system where yes newmans used wands better (techies), casts were better with ranged weapons (ranger), and beasts were best at melee (hunter), however a beast can be a good caster givin the choices or a newman can be a good melee.

Its really unknown whats going to occur though, I guess we'll have to see.

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2006, 04:44 PM
I agree. Thats why Id like to see ppl come up with weird possibilities like the once removed Newman Hunter & my personal new weird choice (tho I doubt Ill make it): Cast Force. Yep, I dare someone to make one...just for fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shadow_Wing
Jan 4, 2006, 04:46 PM
I would ._. just for the challenge =D

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2006, 04:49 PM
So then, make a cast force, see if it works for ya. If it does, youll need a robe to cover over your metallic parts. You know, make it official & all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shadow_Wing
Jan 4, 2006, 05:10 PM
lol flowing metal parts is prolly as close as I can get it XD.

Dre_o
Jan 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
Ha ha! Cast Force, that will be....difficult...Not that I don't like trying something different but that would be a little TOO difficult for my tastes.

DeathMachine
Jan 4, 2006, 10:53 PM
Speaking of Casts, will they still have traps, or will they be ruled out due to SUVs and techiques? I loved my HUcasts freeze and confuse traps. They were so very helpful.

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 12:40 AM
1. I agree. I hope casts keep their traps. If they dont, thats just not right. I believe they need slow traps. The others are fine, but, they should have access to slow ones too. I personally hate slow traps on me. Turnabout is fair play to the AI.

2. A cast force would be interesting. Cant use fire spells as theyd melt themselves. Dont use lightning cause theyll short circuit. Ice could work. Light too. Megid wouldnt be a prob since not everyone believes casts have a 'soul' (tho my Asimovian mind believes otherwise). Many unique possibilities present themselves.